Our client a prominent Intellectual Property Firm is looking to add a Junior Legal Assistant to their Montreal team.
Salary : $30 to $35k + benefits
- Handling the opening and closing of client files.
- Input data for correspondence forms, documents, memos and letters from dictation, handwritten notes and typed documents.
- Prepare documents from precedents and once approved filing with CIPO, WIPO and/or USPTO
- Drafting and preparing routine correspondence for professional approval/signature using precedents.
- Revise documents and correspondence from detailed instructions.
- Prepare and revise Trademark and/or Patent applications including electronic filings where applicable.
- Ordering, downloading, searching and/or printing published patents, and/or Non-Patent Literature.
- Ordering trademark searches with and without direction from the professional.
- Faxing, photocopying, and scanning documents and correspondence.
- Floating to cover legal assistant vacations and/or extended absences.
- Act as back up to the Office Assistant when on vacation or away, and;
- Manage daily reports; due-date report, regional report, IP report and send all necessary internal reminders
- Other administrative duties as assigned by professionals, assistants and/or clerks.
- Must be bilingual in English and French.
- Legal Assistant Diploma/ Certificate or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the legal field.
- Interest in Intellectual Property Law an asset.
- Knowledge of Patent and/or Trademark procedures and rules an asset.
All interested applicant should send his resume!
All applications are greatly appreciated, however only qualified candidates will be contacted!
Indeed - 30+ days ago