Truck Driver / Material Handler – Spruce Grove, Alberta
Orica is the world's leading supplier of commercial explosives. We work together with our Customers to improve the productivity and economic and environmental outcomes of individual mines. We do this through the application of advanced blasting solutions tailored to their specific needs and challenges.
It is through our strong focus on innovation that we are able to support the performance goals of our Customers. We measure our achievement through their success.
We partner with our Customers across many industries including the open cut coal, open cut metal, underground mining, quarrying and construction industries.
Orica aims to be among the best performers internationally in safety and health and environment. As part of this commitment, we invest significantly in research and programs to support our vision of Sustainable Development – for our Customers, for Orica and for the future.
Truck Driver / Material Handler
Driving Tandem Delivery Trucks and other equipment for delivery of products to customer accounts. Careful tracking of inventory with strong focus on safety. Driver will have physical hand contact with moving raw materials and the finished product.
Safety, Health & Environment
- Support company-wide Deliver the Promise Goal of Safety, Health & Environment.
- Immediately report any accidents, injuries or incidents.
- Alerts management immediately about any safety concerns.
- Participates in safety meetings and trainings regularly.
- Full understanding of all vehicle safety procedures.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment.
- Awareness of importance of safety procedures and potential consequences if work not completed within regulations.
- Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection of vehicles including checking and filling fluid levels.
- Strong skills in backing large vehicles in any location and ability to manoeuvre on the road and on customer property in a safe manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the inside of Orica vehicles at all times.
- Familiar with impact and importance of preventive maintenance on all Orica equipment.
Material Handling and Magazine Operations
- Operate trucks and place for unloading at magazine sites.
- Ensure each magazine is clean before locking.
- Ability to accurately document inventory levels.
- Movement of both bulk and packaged materials.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials.
- Requires Class 3 CDL and air endorsement.
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
- Efficiency Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.