FUTURESHOP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to get a foundation in sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity for advancement, Great staff and management team
Cons: Long Hours, High pressure to make unrealistic sales
My short time at future shop afforded me the opportunity to work within a great team environment that helped me to understand the basics of a sales based position.
Good discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioApril 28, 2015
The ability to work with and learn about a bunch of electronics and great discounts were the most enjoyable parts of working at Futureshop. But poor management as they did not communicate well the sales associates.
Future Shop does not exist anymore
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 23, 2015
It was fun to work at futureshop and the commission pay was great but out of nowhere one day our manager announced that as of today futureshop docent exist anymore.
Cell shop team player
Sales Associate (Former Employee), orangeville ontApril 16, 2015
I loved my job and the oppourtunity to work in the team atmosphere i had at futureshop.
being in the cellphone department i strived to achieve goals i had set for myself and what my general managers had set for me as well.
i was aiming to be in top ten within the company for our department within two months i dropped from 185 in the companys cellshop department roster to number 36.
Best buy Sucks
Sales Constultant (Former Employee), HeartlandApril 16, 2015
Best buy Sucks so bad that i wish futureshop was still there. Great managment etc. good place to have worked. no longer exist. bestbuy took over. company will lose market share once a competitor takes over.
Good compensation,Flexible timings
Manager-on-Duty (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
Very good company to learn about retail management. Got the opportunity to work with amazing co-workers.The company had a very lucrative commission structure.
GREAT COWORKERS
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2015
Pros: COMMISSION
Cons: BEST BUY DECIDED TO CONSOLIDATE
COME WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND KEEP THAT SMILE ALL DAY. USE THE POSITIVITY TO HAVE A GOOD FUN DAY AT WORK. LEARNED TO HAVE A GOOD INTERACTION WITH CUSTOMERS. EARNING COMMISSION ECOURAGED ME TO WORK HARDER. BOXING DAY WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.
Why Me !!
Senior Installer (Former Employee), RichmondHillApril 3, 2015
Pros: loved my job
Cons: very bad managment
G.S. district manager and Futureshop G.M. didn't like me. why ? because I did not play their game .
G.S. District manager came to my house and got his equipments for Satellite without paying me ,OK I didn't say anything , I tried to have a good relationship with him like others because his the boss !!
recently my mother passed away and I had to go back home . I didn't ask for any vacation or any money and after I came back they tried to fire me , I had to contact (HR.) but they didn't like it.
Later on District manager talked to me and he said you are amazing, your are one of the best geeksquad technicians.
until march 28 and you know the end of the story.
Great Job
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits, comptetitive pay, fair reviews
Cons: high paced environment
A stable, fun place to work with excellent coworkers and customers. Great benefits, excellent opportunities to advance within the company, stock options and health benefits.
Happy part time student
Product Expert (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Management, flexibility, interacting with people, teamwork
After more than 1.5 years experience of working with futureshop, I can say:
1- My management team are flexible with my schedule.
2- I like this job because of people I'm working with compiling of different nationalities, personalities and natures.
3- I like this job because of my general manager as a person who always back his team.
4- My sales managers are with team on the floor since the moment you start a sale till the moment you finish and helping you with problems you may encounter during day with customers and previous sales.
5- I like helping people with my knowledge. I look for their all possible solutions and let them know.
6- There are days, we should be on the floor about 12 hours which is another challenging part of this job.
Great work enviroment with great employees
Product Process Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
Management is great and always willing to help in any situation. They make sure their employees are well taken care of. Everyone is very easy to approach and are very sociable.
Money to be made, but tough to keep up with
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Medicine HatMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great discounts
Cons: management is unpredictable, extremely competitive work environment
Futureshop is a very beneficial company to work for part time. If you are motivated and are not shy at all you can definitely make alot of money. However it can be cutthroat and competitive and is not for the weak of will. You must always be on top of your up sell game or you will fall behind. Management pushes very hard.
Going nowhere
ConnectPro Computer Technician - Level 2 (Former Employee), KitchenerMarch 8, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: unappreciated
This is an ok place to work if you are a student. If you have aspirations to be more than a number in a corporate environment...then its not for you.
Productive and fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ENTERTAINMENT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great teams, always having fun, potlucks and barbeques and so much more
Cons: none!
Future Shop is an awesome place to work with great benefits and a fun community. they have fun while being the best at customer service while driving sales. I would definitely work for them again.
Good store to work for, poor company to work for.
Multi Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 15, 2015
Futureshop fosters a great team environment to work for. The team I worked with was my favourite part of the job. Managers were really great, fun place to work for.

However, Futureshop is a ship cut adrift in a rapidly changing retail environment and they are suffering. Store staffing cuts and poor decisions regarding how the company is adapting will probably lead to more restructuring and staff cuts in the near future.
Productive and challenging workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: rewarding, fun, opportunity for growth
Futureshop was an amazing experience and has one of the most rewarding. From management to front line employees it was a very welcoming and beneficial environment to learn, grow and improve your customer service among many other skills.
No comment
Receiving Auditor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 8, 2014
Worked for only a short time (7 mos). Good working experience being new to BC. Got laid off due to company reorganization/restructuring initiative.
Ok job for a student
Car Audio Install Bay Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 7, 2014
If this is what interests you, not to bad of a part time job for a student
Good people to work with
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Futureshop's internal culture varies from store to store.
Fast Paced and Good Coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: longs hours
My coworkers and management made working very pleasant.
I efficiently cashed people out, answered any questions and followed company procedures.