FUTURESHOP Employee Reviews

Overall: Good
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 June 2016
Good place to work. Awesome commission. Not commission anymore since it changed to Best Buy.

General Manager was sleeping with the girls at the Sarnia Location and got fired for it. It was overall poor management.
Pros
Lunch room, commission, passion
Cons
Poor management, no room for better employment
productive and fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2016
I learned how to do sales from this floor of futureshop. It made me aggressive for sales, made me stay on top in the country, great motivation, great work experience. I learned everything from this company, management was very supportive, very encouraging, learned from customer service to merchandising, sales, supervising sales floor.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no job security
Productive and Fun workplace
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2016
First job, was a good experience for me, management was great to talk with. Nice people that i worked with that taught me good work ethic while there.
Great people to work with / Salary sucks
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC27 October 2015
I loved working with the staff. The benefits were very good. The salary was just plain horrible. The raises were the worst.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, great staff, great benefits
Cons
Management and salary
productive and fun environment
Salesman (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 July 2016
Typical day was building interpersonal relationships with clients. Driving and closing sales was a priority. If the stores didn't close down I would continue to work there.
Great to help pay for bills
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2015
I was going to school at the same time, and this job helped me quite a lot to pay for my school. Job culture was great, but it was a bit stressing to have to meet sales and numbers when you're also trying to finish a degree
Pros
Great culture, discounts and hours
Cons
Long long hours, sales stress
Enjoyable workplace with great atmosphere and an effective team.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2015
Working for Futureshop helped me hone my skills as a leader and as a seller. I was guided by a management team who gave the best advice and knew how to professionally lead a team while also being great role models. My coworkers became family to me as we became a team. The only cons about working for Futureshop were the long hours of standing.
Great place to get a foundation in sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2015
My short time at future shop afforded me the opportunity to work within a great team environment that helped me to understand the basics of a sales based position.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement, Great staff and management team
Cons
Long Hours, High pressure to make unrealistic sales
Fun job with high expectations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 October 2015
I loved this job. Never a dull moment, tons of room for growth and I loved the competitive aspect of each day re: daily targets
Pros
great management
Cons
high pressure
Productive and fun workplace with friendly coworkers
Product Processor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2015
• Days were systematic in that each day had its list of things required to complete
• Learned the behind the scenes action within the company
• Management always encouraged improvement and continuation of good work and opportunities to move up in the company
• Almost all coworkers could be considered friends with everyone else
• Holidays became the busiest
• Helping others achieve their electronic shopping needs
Pros
Atmosphere and coworker cooperation
Cons
Business depended on the day of the week and time of year.
Was an ok place to work, just a lot of vague behavior from upper management.
Installation Lead/Manager Mobile Audio Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2016
The company does not exist anymore, so I do not know how this will help. The company was replaced by BEST BUY Canada. Other than that there was not much to be said. After 9 years of service I received a very good severance package.
Pros
great discount
Cons
Unemployment
Good job for student
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 October 2013
This is a good job a student. It gives great discounts which most students will take advantage of, but pays just a bit more than minimum wage. You are expected to always keep busy even though there is no important work left to do. Management is the biggest problem as they are always trying to get you to work harder by hinting at your risk of job security.
Pros
discounts
Cons
early mornings, management
Review of Futureshop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2013
Working at futureshop as a part time sales associate was an amazing experience. Already having passion for technology and consumer electronics makes it easier however i quickly found out that knowledge is not the only aspect that will help you in a sales environment. Learning the correct approaches to sales and developing better communication skills are all benefits attained by working. Shifts were unmanageable at times, however very flexible with the correct management. Hardest part of the job was by far dealing with management and the most enjoyable would be selling consumer electronics.
Pros
Skills Attained by Working
Cons
Money to be made, but tough to keep up with
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat11 March 2015
Futureshop is a very beneficial company to work for part time. If you are motivated and are not shy at all you can definitely make alot of money. However it can be cutthroat and competitive and is not for the weak of will. You must always be on top of your up sell game or you will fall behind. Management pushes very hard.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Management is unpredictable, extremely competitive work environment
Productive workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2015
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
Was a great place to work
Cellular Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC25 February 2016
Pros:great work atmosphere, fun place to work. there was a sense of professionalism there which i enjoyed. was a great place to enter the world of sales.
A good place to work, fun and exciting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 June 2014
Working at Future Shop was always exciting, with a awesome staff that I also called my friends. Everyday was something new and sometimes challenging but you learn something everyday. My management were always letting me try new things with all their support and ambition. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that every customer I help they will leave extremely satisfy and will come again.
Pros
Great discounts
Happy part time student
Product Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2015
After more than 1.5 years experience of working with futureshop, I can say:
1- My management team are flexible with my schedule.
2- I like this job because of people I'm working with compiling of different nationalities, personalities and natures.
3- I like this job because of my general manager as a person who always back his team.
4- My sales managers are with team on the floor since the moment you start a sale till the moment you finish and helping you with problems you may encounter during day with customers and previous sales.
5- I like helping people with my knowledge. I look for their all possible solutions and let them know.
6- There are days, we should be on the floor about 12 hours which is another challenging part of this job.
Pros
Management, flexibility, interacting with people, teamwork
An easy going work culture with a narrow room to rise
Product Expert (Information Product Group) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 October 2015
have worked with this company for a while, but the pay and earnings are not regulated and relevant to the skills one implement in getting work done for this company. Now the company is closed though, but it is BestBuy now. Pay rates and commission structure is not that what could provide you a moral boost to grow inside company and or otherwise to stick with company for long. Just a timepass I would say. Your education and experience is not credited with time. You remain on the same role for years and still would find no chance to rise. Company is overwhelmingly giving attention and value to customer when it comes to issue of Customer Vs Employee. This makes a feel of moral going down for employee. Even the managers when get involve, they could treat you as culprit even for a pity $10 thing u sold to a totally liar customer !!! It sucks, and crash your day down !! ANyway, the same is with BestBuy u should assume
Pros
easy work, flexible hours
Cons
Very low pay / commission, no rise in role, employees not given any benefit for professional development
Overal Decent Company
Salesmen/In home technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeville29 March 2013
Pay structure is fairly good. Atmosphere is decent. Favoritism is present at almost ever location despite what they may say. At the location I was present almost all the staff were friendly and easy to get along with. Learned a lot about sales and people as well as product knowledge and installations. Management was hit and miss because they shuffle the managers around every year and you would have a new one. The environment was the most enjoyable part. The crew you worked with and the products you sold. Did not really find a really hard part of my job only that the department I was working you really had to hustle to make commission. It was a low commission department.
Pros
above average pay, most people, job perks
Cons
favortism, lack of traffic = lack of commission.