FUTURESHOP Employee Reviews in Canada

Great people to work with / Salary sucks
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCOctober 27, 2015
I loved working with the staff. The benefits were very good. The salary was just plain horrible. The raises were the worst.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, great staff, great benefits
Cons
Management and salary
Great to help pay for bills
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 19, 2015
I was going to school at the same time, and this job helped me quite a lot to pay for my school. Job culture was great, but it was a bit stressing to have to meet sales and numbers when you're also trying to finish a degree
Pros
Great culture, discounts and hours
Cons
Long long hours, sales stress
Enjoyable workplace with great atmosphere and an effective team.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2015
Working for Futureshop helped me hone my skills as a leader and as a seller. I was guided by a management team who gave the best advice and knew how to professionally lead a team while also being great role models. My coworkers became family to me as we became a team. The only cons about working for Futureshop were the long hours of standing.
Fun job with high expectations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCOctober 17, 2015
I loved this job. Never a dull moment, tons of room for growth and I loved the competitive aspect of each day re: daily targets
Pros
great management
Cons
high pressure
Productive and fun workplace with friendly coworkers
Product Processor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2015
• Days were systematic in that each day had its list of things required to complete
• Learned the behind the scenes action within the company
• Management always encouraged improvement and continuation of good work and opportunities to move up in the company
• Almost all coworkers could be considered friends with everyone else
• Holidays became the busiest
• Helping others achieve their electronic shopping needs
Pros
Atmosphere and coworker cooperation
Cons
Business depended on the day of the week and time of year.
Great place to get a foundation in sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2015
My short time at future shop afforded me the opportunity to work within a great team environment that helped me to understand the basics of a sales based position.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement, Great staff and management team
Cons
Long Hours, High pressure to make unrealistic sales
Was an ok place to work, just a lot of vague behavior from upper management.
Installation Lead/Manager Mobile Audio Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
The company does not exist anymore, so I do not know how this will help. The company was replaced by BEST BUY Canada. Other than that there was not much to be said. After 9 years of service I received a very good severance package.
Pros
great discount
Cons
Unemployment
productive and fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
I learned how to do sales from this floor of futureshop. It made me aggressive for sales, made me stay on top in the country, great motivation, great work experience. I learned everything from this company, management was very supportive, very encouraging, learned from customer service to merchandising, sales, supervising sales floor.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no job security
Productive workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 25, 2015
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
An easy going work culture with a narrow room to rise
Product Expert (Information Product Group) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 6, 2015
have worked with this company for a while, but the pay and earnings are not regulated and relevant to the skills one implement in getting work done for this company. Now the company is closed though, but it is BestBuy now. Pay rates and commission structure is not that what could provide you a moral boost to grow inside company and or otherwise to stick with company for long. Just a timepass I would say. Your education and experience is not credited with time. You remain on the same role for years and still would find no chance to rise. Company is overwhelmingly giving attention and value to customer when it comes to issue of Customer Vs Employee. This makes a feel of moral going down for employee. Even the managers when get involve, they could treat you as culprit even for a pity $10 thing u sold to a totally liar customer !!! It sucks, and crash your day down !! ANyway, the same is with BestBuy u should assume
Pros
easy work, flexible hours
Cons
Very low pay / commission, no rise in role, employees not given any benefit for professional development
Money to be made, but tough to keep up with
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Medicine HatMarch 11, 2015
Futureshop is a very beneficial company to work for part time. If you are motivated and are not shy at all you can definitely make alot of money. However it can be cutthroat and competitive and is not for the weak of will. You must always be on top of your up sell game or you will fall behind. Management pushes very hard.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
management is unpredictable, extremely competitive work environment
Happy part time student
Product Expert (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
After more than 1.5 years experience of working with futureshop, I can say:
1- My management team are flexible with my schedule.
2- I like this job because of people I'm working with compiling of different nationalities, personalities and natures.
3- I like this job because of my general manager as a person who always back his team.
4- My sales managers are with team on the floor since the moment you start a sale till the moment you finish and helping you with problems you may encounter during day with customers and previous sales.
5- I like helping people with my knowledge. I look for their all possible solutions and let them know.
6- There are days, we should be on the floor about 12 hours which is another challenging part of this job.
Pros
Management, flexibility, interacting with people, teamwork
really nice company
entertainment (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 1, 2015
people are nice and friendly really love to work their again, im still looking for jobs of similar positions. I hope customers are more nicer then i expect.
Good job for student
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 7, 2013
This is a good job a student. It gives great discounts which most students will take advantage of, but pays just a bit more than minimum wage. You are expected to always keep busy even though there is no important work left to do. Management is the biggest problem as they are always trying to get you to work harder by hinting at your risk of job security.
Pros
discounts
Cons
early mornings, management
Review of Futureshop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 28, 2013
Working at futureshop as a part time sales associate was an amazing experience. Already having passion for technology and consumer electronics makes it easier however i quickly found out that knowledge is not the only aspect that will help you in a sales environment. Learning the correct approaches to sales and developing better communication skills are all benefits attained by working. Shifts were unmanageable at times, however very flexible with the correct management. Hardest part of the job was by far dealing with management and the most enjoyable would be selling consumer electronics.
Pros
skills attained by working
Cons
management
amazing
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 10, 2015
best job i ever had. it was just fun and i was doing so good and balance of life and job was the best thing. so sad company is gone.
A good place to work, fun and exciting.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 6, 2014
Working at Future Shop was always exciting, with a awesome staff that I also called my friends. Everyday was something new and sometimes challenging but you learn something everyday. My management were always letting me try new things with all their support and ambition. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that every customer I help they will leave extremely satisfy and will come again.
Pros
great discounts
Great Job
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2015
A stable, fun place to work with excellent coworkers and customers. Great benefits, excellent opportunities to advance within the company, stock options and health benefits.
Pros
Benefits, comptetitive pay, fair reviews
Cons
high paced environment
Good discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, OntarioApril 28, 2015
The ability to work with and learn about a bunch of electronics and great discounts were the most enjoyable parts of working at Futureshop. But poor management as they did not communicate well the sales associates.
GREAT COWORKERS
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2015
COME WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND KEEP THAT SMILE ALL DAY. USE THE POSITIVITY TO HAVE A GOOD FUN DAY AT WORK. LEARNED TO HAVE A GOOD INTERACTION WITH CUSTOMERS. EARNING COMMISSION ECOURAGED ME TO WORK HARDER. BOXING DAY WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.
Pros
COMMISSION
Cons
BEST BUY DECIDED TO CONSOLIDATE