FUTURESHOP Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun environment
Salesman (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJuly 4, 2016
Typical day was building interpersonal relationships with clients. Driving and closing sales was a priority. If the stores didn't close down I would continue to work there.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
I learned how to do sales from this floor of futureshop. It made me aggressive for sales, made me stay on top in the country, great motivation, great work experience. I learned everything from this company, management was very supportive, very encouraging, learned from customer service to merchandising, sales, supervising sales floor.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no job security
Was a great place to work
Cellular Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCFebruary 25, 2016
Pros:great work atmosphere, fun place to work. there was a sense of professionalism there which i enjoyed. was a great place to enter the world of sales.
Was an ok place to work, just a lot of vague behavior from upper management.
Installation Lead/Manager Mobile Audio Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
The company does not exist anymore, so I do not know how this will help. The company was replaced by BEST BUY Canada. Other than that there was not much to be said. After 9 years of service I received a very good severance package.
Pros
great discount
Cons
Unemployment
really nice company
entertainment (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 1, 2015
people are nice and friendly really love to work their again, im still looking for jobs of similar positions. I hope customers are more nicer then i expect.
Great people to work with / Salary sucks
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCOctober 27, 2015
I loved working with the staff. The benefits were very good. The salary was just plain horrible. The raises were the worst.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, great staff, great benefits
Cons
Management and salary
Productive workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 25, 2015
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
Great to help pay for bills
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 19, 2015
I was going to school at the same time, and this job helped me quite a lot to pay for my school. Job culture was great, but it was a bit stressing to have to meet sales and numbers when you're also trying to finish a degree
Pros
Great culture, discounts and hours
Cons
Long long hours, sales stress
Fun job with high expectations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCOctober 17, 2015
I loved this job. Never a dull moment, tons of room for growth and I loved the competitive aspect of each day re: daily targets
Pros
great management
Cons
high pressure
An easy going work culture with a narrow room to rise
Product Expert (Information Product Group) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 6, 2015
have worked with this company for a while, but the pay and earnings are not regulated and relevant to the skills one implement in getting work done for this company. Now the company is closed though, but it is BestBuy now. Pay rates and commission structure is not that what could provide you a moral boost to grow inside company and or otherwise to stick with company for long. Just a timepass I would say. Your education and experience is not credited with time. You remain on the same role for years and still would find no chance to rise. Company is overwhelmingly giving attention and value to customer when it comes to issue of Customer Vs Employee. This makes a feel of moral going down for employee. Even the managers when get involve, they could treat you as culprit even for a pity $10 thing u sold to a totally liar customer !!! It sucks, and crash your day down !! ANyway, the same is with BestBuy u should assume
Pros
easy work, flexible hours
Cons
Very low pay / commission, no rise in role, employees not given any benefit for professional development
Productive and fun workplace with friendly coworkers
Product Processor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2015
• Days were systematic in that each day had its list of things required to complete
• Learned the behind the scenes action within the company
• Management always encouraged improvement and continuation of good work and opportunities to move up in the company
• Almost all coworkers could be considered friends with everyone else
• Holidays became the busiest
• Helping others achieve their electronic shopping needs
Pros
Atmosphere and coworker cooperation
Cons
Business depended on the day of the week and time of year.
amazing
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 10, 2015
best job i ever had. it was just fun and i was doing so good and balance of life and job was the best thing. so sad company is gone.
Enjoyable workplace with great atmosphere and an effective team.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2015
Working for Futureshop helped me hone my skills as a leader and as a seller. I was guided by a management team who gave the best advice and knew how to professionally lead a team while also being great role models. My coworkers became family to me as we became a team. The only cons about working for Futureshop were the long hours of standing.
Great place to get a foundation in sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2015
My short time at future shop afforded me the opportunity to work within a great team environment that helped me to understand the basics of a sales based position.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement, Great staff and management team
Cons
Long Hours, High pressure to make unrealistic sales
Good discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, OntarioApril 28, 2015
The ability to work with and learn about a bunch of electronics and great discounts were the most enjoyable parts of working at Futureshop. But poor management as they did not communicate well the sales associates.
Future Shop does not exist anymore
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 23, 2015
It was fun to work at futureshop and the commission pay was great but out of nowhere one day our manager announced that as of today futureshop docent exist anymore.
Cell shop team player
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  orangeville ontApril 16, 2015
I loved my job and the oppourtunity to work in the team atmosphere i had at futureshop.
being in the cellphone department i strived to achieve goals i had set for myself and what my general managers had set for me as well.
i was aiming to be in top ten within the company for our department within two months i dropped from 185 in the companys cellshop department roster to number 36.
Best buy Sucks
Sales Constultant (Former Employee) –  HeartlandApril 16, 2015
Best buy Sucks so bad that i wish futureshop was still there. Great managment etc. good place to have worked. no longer exist. bestbuy took over. company will lose market share once a competitor takes over.
Good compensation,Flexible timings
Manager-on-Duty (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
Very good company to learn about retail management. Got the opportunity to work with amazing co-workers.The company had a very lucrative commission structure.
GREAT COWORKERS
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2015
COME WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND KEEP THAT SMILE ALL DAY. USE THE POSITIVITY TO HAVE A GOOD FUN DAY AT WORK. LEARNED TO HAVE A GOOD INTERACTION WITH CUSTOMERS. EARNING COMMISSION ECOURAGED ME TO WORK HARDER. BOXING DAY WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.
Pros
COMMISSION
Cons
BEST BUY DECIDED TO CONSOLIDATE