Future Shop

Future Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
was a good job
Sales Associate - Elite Member (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: almost out of buss.
there just in big ----- now!
good co-workers
would still be there if they had any jobs left....but no more no more !!!!
Productive and fun environment while maintaining department
Cashier, Customer Service, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day at work involved
•accepting ATS
•maintaining and grooming gaming department
•assisting customers

What I learned was
•quick and efficient time management
•working well with others
•working well independently

Co-workers
•worked well together
•stayed focus

Most enjoyable part of the job
•being satisfied with work accomplished
•have returning – more... customers who appreciated you
•putting in hard work and being recognized for it – less
Can be a fun place to work
Lead Technician / Mobile Department Sales Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not so personable
Future shop was a great place to work. Plenty of chances to grow and move with the company. co-workers were great and education and product knowledge continued regulalry
fun sales job very interactive
Product Expert (Former Employee), Kanata, ONFebruary 4, 2014
ability to read your client and cater to their needs brings a fruitful result. it was commission based and due to high online competition commissions were low.
Great Experince, Benifits and Culture
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee), Markham EastFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great benifts
Cons: under staffed
The best part of the job was the customers, but also was the hardest. Trying to meet there needs while being under staffed.
This was a great place to work!
Cashier and Web Sales (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: scheduling inconsistencies.
This was a great place to work! More like family than a job.

Typical day at work for me involved greeting customers coming into the store, processing sales transactions, credit and debit as well as cash handling, kept the cash wrap well stocked and clean, made sure all price tags were current and accurate.

My coworkers were always friendly and upbeat. – more... Management was approachable. – less
Futureshop Chilliwack has been an amazing place to work with a great friendly staff environment
Merchandising (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 31, 2014
FutureShop is a great place to work everyone at the location felt like family as well as easy laid back job, but as of with new organization of the company I feel that my job is no longer secure.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), thunder bayJanuary 31, 2014
enjoyable job
great co-workers
I enjoyed helping customers and solving customer issues
A wonderful place to work at, filled with friendly associates.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work:

Good traffic flow, not always busy but we tend to meet the target of the day. Everybody tries to work together to maintain a professional and friendly environment for our customers.

What I learned:

I learned that there will be customers who are not in a good mood and we must, no matter what, provide good customer service. By – more... being a good listener, and being able to be empathetic when given a situation where a customer is unhappy, or not in a good mood. As well, we always have to give our 100% when helping customers find what they want.

Management:

The management team is very well organized with scheduling, and in making sure that everyone has a fair amount of working hours. As well, there is monthly training that helps those that want to learn more.

Co-workers:

They welcomed me with open arms. They assisted me whenever there would be a line-up. As well, they trained me very well, and still continued to help me when I had questions.

The hardest part of the job:

Personally, there is no such thing as "hardest part" in the work environment because I believe that it's only hard if you make it hard for yourself. You have to know yourself, and how to handle situations properly and professionally. There is always a solution to a problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

The most enjoyable part of the job is honestly meeting new people. I enjoy socializing and listening to how people's days are when I am able to. As well, making people smile, make me happy because I enjoy enlightening people's moods. – less
Electronics
Product Expert (Former Employee), LethbridgeJanuary 27, 2014
Fun place to work
good Management
great place to get into sales
A lot to offer and no two shifts are the same.
Salesman (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: quality employee lounge, information about new releases and big sales
Cons: always inside, no windows, long hours
In the gaming department I was held responsible for keeping up to date on the latest video game releases by reading every new edition of the store flyer. Price drops from competing stores were important to follow, because shoppers can ask employees to match a competing store's prices. At the time, I considered this to be the hardest part of my job. – more... During the holiday season I learned to rapidly switch between English and French and occasionally speak to groups of people. – less
no review
Full Time Product Expert (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: uncapped income
Cons: no work-life balance
Excellent company to work for. Probably the best retail job available today.
Opening stores from inception, employee engagement, customer engagment, leadership development
General Manager (Former Employee), Vernon, B.C. , Calgary A.B.January 14, 2014
Pros: largest electronic retailer in north america
Cons: technology is changing along with the way people purchase products.
Opening stores from inception and creating a customer focused environment to ensure the highest level of satisfaction from the client and the associate alike. Planning and organizing two general staff meetings a day has helped me to become an effective public speaker who is able to use multiple techniques to keep my audience attentive. Running all aspects – more... of the store operation and responsible for sales exceeding 50 million per year has helped me to learn multiple ways to develop leaders and associates alike and help them find the right fit for themselves. The passion I have for my career shows in the results of engagement, profit and development of the people i work with as well as myself. – less
fun and good pay come at a cost
o Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ontario canadaJanuary 11, 2014
the pay is great for what you do, there is no work life balance though.
Great
Product Expert (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 8, 2014
worked for over a year great store great people sadly the store i was working at was shut down.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2014
I love challenges and enjoy to learn new stuff.Future Shop was an ideal place for me.I get the chance to learn more about the items I sell. We were supposed to do our monthly learning which was really helpful. I am techy person so working at future shop was a great experience.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2014
• Used proficient sales approach to comprehend customer's needs and offered clear explanations to all their technology needs
• Upheld present data of the newest technology products
• Met company performance standards
• Greeted and assisted customers in a professional and friendly manor
• Experience working in Mobile Audio, Car Audio
• Worked in a commission – more... sales environment – less
Not the best place to work
merchandiser (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: first to see new electronics
Cons: too much work for little pay
A lot of demand for minimum wage, working as a merchandiser all the sales people and management use you.
Very productive and fun to work
Product Expert (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sometime angry customers
Usually everyday is new and exciting day when you work at future shop.
but my memorable day was boxing day
Future shop is usually fully packed on boxing day and you have to be very active and respectful for your customers to make a sale . From this day i learned what is value of time value of every minute in my life.
Management is very good at future – more... shop – less
Retail amangement number One
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2013
Having fun while been the best
showing integrity, humility and respect.
good company values.
a lot of work and you can learn a lot .

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more

Future Shop Photos