Future Shop Employee Reviews

High paced, competitive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 April 2017
There was a lot of traffic in terms of customers. It was always high paced and highlly cmpetitive sales environment. This allowed many opportunitis to ubild on sales skills, customer service skills and multitasking skills.
Great company to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
If you know how to sell, FutureShop is the way to go! Unfortunately, the company closed down, but if they ever opened up I would re-apply. Its motivating especially when you have targets to hit.
management
Product Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 April 2017
the way future shop in Barrie, ON worked was they would hire you then right before your 3 months probation would be up they would fire you and move onto someone else .
Pros
nothing
Cons
management sucked
turned into bestbuy, HQ staff nice, store staff it depends, Overall toxic.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
HQ insulated from the toxic store level nonsense. Organisation is rule bound. Creativity and independent employees have the spirit beaten out of them through sheer red tape. Zero job security, customers come last, you will be terminated if someone doesnt like you, it doesnt matter how much the customers love you or how good you are at the job.

They terminate or lay off the most qualified, most experienced techs and salesmen every so often, usually because of politics or staff start asking too many questions or trying to challenge stupidity.
Pros
Good RRSP matching.
Cons
Petty vindictive manageresses with axes to grind.
Great fun place to work. I learned a lot.
Computer Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2017
Great place to work. I was employed by them for almost 5 years. That is where i got my love for the sales industry and had the chance to learn from some of the top sale people in calgary.
Future great learning experience
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Future Shop was self driven sales job. They had preset employee standards, which gave all associates direction and a development pathway. I throughout the years learned/developed my sales and customer service skills. Also I learned to evaluate, customers, associate preformance, overall department and sales analysis.

Future Shop began with an exceptional "can do" company culture. The level of product, product and overall sales knowledge I gain was very humbling. Everyday the learning library I acquired increased. This was a major driving force in my career there.
Pros
Constant development and learning
Cons
decreasing commision structure
Commissioned sales
Commissioned Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 April 2017
Meet and build relationship with customers, educate customers on Future Shop policies and products, assist in buying electronics, services and warranty.
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 March 2017
I have nothing to say here but i have to continue writing they were very good about my leaving when my husband got sick . which was very nice of them
Pros
fun
Cons
they closed
Advancement nearly non-existent
Home Theater Sales (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2017
After spending your time working with clients that are eager to learn about the latest and greatest technology and exceeding their sales targets, you'll find at the end of the day that Future Shop did not really want to reward you.
Pros
The people
Cons
Just about everything else
Future shop
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC27 March 2017
It was a great place to work. People were very friendly. Unfortunately, the company is now closed. I really enjoyed my time working at that place.

Great environment
Pros
Salary
Cons
nothing
Company no longer exists...
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC27 March 2017
The job was fun and I really enjoyed my time there, however this review is pointless because this company no longer exists.

apparently this needs to be 150 characters so i guess I can add that the employee discount was pretty decent as well.
Pros
fun job
Cons
does not exist
Great Atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
Learning everyday, Great company Values.
Even when working under Best buy Canada.
Great customer service and people development, Making sure all associates feel fun environment and work honestly.
Pros
Enjoyed working
Great place for students
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 March 2017
Loved helping customers, Managers were very nice to employees. It's a perfect place for students to work. Not to many hours if you are just looking for part time.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Weekends
fighting mentallilty
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  atlantic canada20 March 2017
great place to work very competitive environment.
invest in people customer comes first and building cliental and CFM.

its a big family for staff and repeat customers
fun workplace with great lunchroom
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2017
great company for late teens and young twenties.
the most enjoyable part was working with the latest tech, and the knowledge gained.
gained a lot of disciplinary skills and traits.
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 March 2017
My manager and coworkers were easy going and entertaining at times. It was a fun environment for what it is. During night shift hours we could listen to our own music and during day shifts we were appreciated by our sales team with assisting them in closing sales by going above and beyond to provide the product the customer requested.
Good Place to Work, While it lasted.
Home Theater Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 March 2017
Future Shop had an excellent work culture. From up-to-date courses on the newest technologies we learned about the newest products specific to our departments. The commissions were fair, but hard to attain. In order to draw commission, each employee had to upsell customers with warranties, services, and accessories. It was a shame that when Best Buy bought out Future Shop the changes that were made ended up with Future Shop closing it's doors forever.
Pros
excellent team building and employee satisfaction focus
Cons
commissions were hard to attain.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
FutureShop had given me lot of experience, it was a great company to work with, moving into Bestbuy has been a great experience.
the most important thing I loved was is the company's Values.
good
Store Standards, Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
worked as a seasonal employee doing carry outs and helping customers whenever they needed it. trying to sell and keep up with the quote of the job. selling merch
If they were still open would be great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 February 2017
The only bad thing I can say about Future Shop is they're not still open. Was just a great place to work. Most of the people I worked with were fantastic.
Pros
They gave us commission.
Cons
It's not still open.