Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

good place for co-op
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2015
I participated in a co-op class there for 220 hours.The work is easy to learn but its the same thing everyday.The work consts of mostly printing off bar codes to update prices and stock shelves.
Pros
willing to teach co-op students
Cons
machine like. and very repeatable work
Great Place, Great People
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2015
I learned how to interact with customers in a sales driven workplace. It was the most fun I've had a job in awhile. The most enjoyable part was how management approached dealing with problems. For example, if they thought I was lacking in sales, they would give me tips and tricks to increase my numbers. They made work feel fun, not like a chore.
Fun and productive enviorment
Geek Squad Agent/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCJune 16, 2015
Typical day included assisting various customers with technical issues. Providing customers with efficient ways of payment. Assisting clients with credit card applications.
Pros
Good management, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Low wage, No benefits, no advancement
fun workplace to work
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  bramptonJuly 9, 2015
i love best buy i did seasonal work and its a wonderful place to work there clean friendly and just a good all round company to work for.
Pros
they have a lot of prize giveaways for people who work hard.
Cons
gets really busy and some sometime stressfull
Best Job I ever had
Installer, Computer Tech, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 13, 2015
I would get to work to have an energizing morning meeting with the opening staff
Check my install schedule
Depending if I had jobs scheduled would decide my day in the store, I would do merchandising, help out in the computer tech room with repairs and setups, or help anywhere in the store.
if I had installs, I'd tidy up between jobs, help my supervisor if needed
end of day would consist of thoroughly cleaning the shop

I learned how to install car starters, helped maintain car dealership contracts and install car stereo's. I also learned that my dedication to quality was recognized enough to be offered a couple of shop manager positions in less than 2 years.

Management was awesome, treated everyone like family

co-workers were always friendly an inviting.

the job was never really hard, everyone was willing to help make things easily understandable

every day was enjoyable at future shop
Pros
Outstanding work enviroment
Cons
Stores country wide Closed......
Productive and exciting place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
I learned various sales techniques and negotiation skills that were implemented on each sale.
I mentored many individuals and helped develop their skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being creative in implementing ideas and training associates to become better.
I loved working with my team because we shared the same goals and I loved meeting targets and exceeding them as a team because we shared similar ideas.
Great group of people to work with/for.
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
Pros
Fun events scheduled with not only our store, but between all of the future shops in Calgary.
Cons
13 hour split shifts on boxing day.
Great workplace with amazing colleagues and work ethics
Entertainment, CSR and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 20, 2015
Working with Future Shop has allowed me to evolve as a person and to better understand the needs of other people. Great work experience with amazing colleagues who work together to achieve company goals.
Pros
Friendly and caring environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC, CanadaMay 5, 2015
I handled cash for opening and closing duties. I was able to preform my customer service skills to the utmost capabilities. I was taught how to return products and issues refunds. I worked with selective co-workers who helped make the workplace fun and enjoyable. I had a great manager who taught me these great qualities I now posses.
Productive Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 14, 2015
Greeting customers, assisting them to find the best electronic product/service that suites their needs.

Team work, improvement in CSR
Management was good
Co-workers were very co-eperative

handling tough customers was sometime hard
Pros
Staff discount on electronics is an amazing perk
Cons
A lot of pressure to sell their warranty
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in, going to either cash or customer service. Customer service was all about helping customers in every way possible, sending out customer units. Management was fantastic they always cared about your needs. Co-workers were like family, everyone got along well. The hardest part of the job were Phone Exchanges (PSP) took quiet bit of time but always worth it at the end. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work and being happy to be there.
Great job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 2, 2015
Great job all around. Had the opportunity to make tons of money on the commission structure. Only negatives were that at some parts of the year it could get extremely busy and you were required to work more hours, which wasn't always the best if you are a student.
Pros
Money, Management, Co-workers, Sales
Job is a job
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2015
I started working here while I was in school as a part time job. I needed the money to pay for tuition and for my daily needs to sustain an independent living. Only complain I had is the management and the way the went about pushing employees to force services to customers.
Pros
Received an income
Cons
Not an enjoyable work enviornment
Productive, Challanging work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2015
A great environment to work in, Everyday continuous learning, new challenges a, new sales numbers love to have that challenging environment.
Pros
Systems
Cons
NA
Great Experience
Manager On Duty/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, Nova ScotiaApril 6, 2015
Everyday I would start my work day off with opening the store and rebooting Point of Sale systems. Print previous days paper work for filing. Counted and sorted coin/float trays. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers they became my family away from home. I also ran the sales floor 3 days out of the week. That included me either opening or closing the store. Dealt with customer issues when the arouse. The hardest part of my job was leaving because of the store closer.
Productive, Multitasking
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  North York, ONApril 5, 2015
The company was a great environment for an individual to learn about the latest technologies that came into the market and was also a great way to advance your communication skills and your multitasking skills. The management was a joy to work with as they often treated their staff with a high probability of respect. The co-workers were the roots of the whole sales environment as they often worked in teams to correspond with the targets that were set in motion by the management.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Hours
LEARN FROM CHANGE AND CHALLENGES
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey Central CityApril 3, 2015
- Never seemed like a long day at work
- Always had fun at work with the people while working
- Quality of work was appreciated
- I learnt a lot at Future Shop:
* People development
* Training and Coaching
* Scheduling and Supervising 20 associates
* Hiring and Interview Process
* Loss Prevention
* Time Management
* People Skills, Customer Service Skills, Cash Control
- Change of Management and changes within the company of letting people go and continue with the new or less staff have really made me learn from those changes and challenges that i have as an employee faced.
Pros
fun and growth
Cons
no job security
lots of fun people
Manager on Duty - Top (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 18, 2015
Ocean River Sports it the best outdoor store to work for in Victoria.

I loved working there, great manager and owner and lots of fun getting out on the water
Sales associated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 4, 2015
good company to work flexible hours rotating shift lots to learn good benefit's easy work good management friendly staff
Pros
good discount on friends and family
Cons
no paid lunch
Great Team
Sales Consultant/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 1, 2015
Working at Future Shop helped me develop some great skills, not only in sales but also in communication, understanding business models, understanding what it takes to run a business and the value of a good team.
My typical day consisted out of achieving sales goal, training, merchandising and relationship building.
The best part of the job was being able to work so closely with everyone in the team, looking back the most valuable part of Future Shop was the well oiled team we had put together.
The hardest part of working at Future Shop was dealing with situations that required you to compromise when the other party was not willing to.
As I mentioned before my co-workers were likely the best part of my time at Future Shop
Pros
Great team, great athmosphere
Cons
No job security