Future Shop Employee Reviews

audio installation
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 July 2016
-installed stereo systems
-helped install remote starters
-helped customers choose the best products for their budget
Fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2016
Mcdonalds was a fun work place the crew got along well. Some nights are so busy you have to stay and work longer without rebuttal.
Productive and fun work place with tons of perks
Elite Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
Great Company to work for with great value and benefits, amazing training program for growth and development.
Pros
Commsion
Cons
too much politic
Thought I was selling computers...
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2016
I went into the job with the title "Computer Salesmen" however after training it really felt like "Warrenty Salesmen" cause that really all I was selling. This job was not one of my favorites for sure, I was disappointed to now be selling something I myself wouldn't buy but I tried to move past that and just be honest with my customers on the warranties and surprisingly that worked and three months later I was comfortably selling computers and letting customers choose if they were interested in Warranties which sounds good except as a salesmen I was supposed to make commision on sales however trouble with my manager getting stuck in another country had me left without this, so I was still making my training wage 3 months later while my co workers used there name to take my sales, eventually I was switched to Stock where they wanted me to Stay until 3am, and as a transit rider I have no way to do that, so I made the decision to end my employment with them.
Pros
Job wasn't to bad
Cons
Mangers
It was a well managed workplace
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
It was a good place to work in because the management was exceptional. They had a high standard and we were expected to meet them.
Great co-workers and fun atmosphere
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 July 2016
I worked at Future Shop for close to two years. I moved from entertainment to digital imagining then I moved to BC and they moved me to the Samsung store and then TVs eventually. I'd give the all around work experience a 7 but in terms of the people I'd give it a 9. Days weren't that long and they went by pretty quickly. I'm gonna be honest, with what Best Buy the company did to Future Shop and it's employees was underly horrible so its hard for me to say really much nice things about the company itself. But the store and people and atmosphere was top notch.
Pros
amazing crew, fooseball table in the break room, lots of help, great atmosphere
Cons
commission based, boring at times.
Productive and fun workplace
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 July 2016
Very relaxed management that were very helpful in whatever I required. A typical day would include helping employees and stocking shelves.
productive and fun environment
Salesman (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 July 2016
Typical day was building interpersonal relationships with clients. Driving and closing sales was a priority. If the stores didn't close down I would continue to work there.
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Assist in helping clients discover and solve problems that the computer may be experiencing or problems that the clients have with their product. Help customers setup and install programs that customers want on their computers when they buy a new product.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Overall: Good
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 June 2016
Good place to work. Awesome commission. Not commission anymore since it changed to Best Buy.

General Manager was sleeping with the girls at the Sarnia Location and got fired for it. It was overall poor management.
Pros
Lunch room, commission, passion
Cons
Poor management, no room for better employment
Computer maintenance and repair
Geek Squad (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 June 2016
When customers brought their computers to us I would take them in and take notes on what each computer and laptop need to have done to them to correct the computer issue at the time. I would then repair or do maintenance on each unit assigned to me whether it virus removal , computer tune up or hardware repair. I would then return the computer unit to the customer explaining what was done to their unit and then complete the process by completing the payment process and returning the computer to the customer.
Electronics!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  1825 victoria ave e (store closed down)15 June 2016
-Arrive at work ready to sale, get on the floor and start hepling and selling. sometimes I had to do a little customer service for people with questions over the phone and in need of explanations.
-I learned many different ways of selling to all types of people, i mainly spent my down-time keeping myself up to date on the latest, and learning some of the oldest hardware. or cleaning and stocking shelves
-I worked with some of the best people i'll ever meet.
-The hardest part of my job besides leaving it(from it shutting down) was not being able to answer a customers question
-The most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked with, the attitudes and experiences were great and i would probably work there again part time during school if they were still open.
Pros
Electronic discounts!
loved it and miss it
sales-cashier-customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2016
Aamazing! Great managers and staff and team members. Benefits were good. Good deals amazing Christmas parties that were held and great fun activities.
The store location was shut down...
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2016
The location was shut down three years after I left FutureShop. However, I would not work at this location if it was still running. My manager was rude and was giving me tasks that were out of my experience.
Genuinely one of the best times of my life.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 June 2016
A typical day at work for me was getting to talk to people about computers, games and accessories for those things. It was one of my dream jobs.

I learned that there is such a thing as moving upwards. Something to look forward to. Knowing what I needed to know and making sure that if I didn't - I passed the customer along to someone that did.

My Co-workers were some of the best friends I'd ever met. We were able to talk to each other outside of work and have a good time when not around the workplace and functioned just as well within the workplace.

The hardest part of the job, was knowing whether or not the customer I'd deal with would have a question I could answer or couldn't answer. My biggest fear, was not knowing something.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was being surrounded by people that loved what they were doing and that helped me to love what I was doing in the process.
Fun environment with good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
No day was the same but you continuously improve the store appearance for the customer and employee's, while receiving and stocking the shelves to ensure popular products are always in stock and shipping defective or call backs. Learned a lot about time management, teamwork, customer service, communication and inventory management.
Work place enviroment
Sales Associate, Home Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2016
Enjoyed the people that i worked with. Our input mattered in terms of all aspects of the Business.Customer service was my number one priority. Trained and managed new staff on occasion. We were driven to exceed in our goals.I improved my skills over the course of my time with the company.
Pros
Overall a great place to work.
Cons
None.
Amazing place to work over all especially with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
I worked for Future Shop for almost 12 yrs and enjoyed ever moment. Of course there were some ups and downs as far as sales however overall it was enjoyable
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Christmas season can be a little draining.
High Pressure Sales
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 May 2016
Future Shop was a commission only job and you were required to make your comission quota's. If you did not meet those standards it would be encouraged for you to leave or choose a different path. Some people were suspicious of other people stealing sales and or accusing people of stealing sales. Although, overall, the co-workers were pleasant and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
high pressure
Fun, Friendly, happy enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 May 2016
I loved the hours I worked, it was Monday to Friday with Fridays being earlier work time and earlier getting off. I would unload trucks and make sure all the spots in the store were full. I would fill out the paper work and would give it to the truck drivers. I would do count in the morning and count items to make sure the numbers were right in the inventory. Fix isles to make them look great and do planograms to the correct way the store would want it. Change the daily price tags to correct sale price. On Tuesdays I would take out the new releases and set them up. I would do carry outs for customers, and make sure their needs were met. I would also be the person the other employees looked for if they needed some help. I learned how to use the computer software there and how to be a leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Future Shop. Our community is ready to answer.