Future Shop Employee Reviews

My thoughts on my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Customer Service Representative17 January 2017
I have been working for Future Shop/Bestbuy for almost 5 years now, the work is very good. Sometimes it can be busy and has it's slow day's.
The work is great and the people I work with are like family at times. Sometimes when it becomes busy I can't help at the desk because of being at the till area, I do wish at times we had more staff. I do enjoy helping customers and co-workers.
Pros
I enjoy my job with working with customers.
Cons
Wish I had more hours.
Fun and Challenging workplace
Cellular Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Competitive vibe, great way to interact with people and learn about products and services that FutureShop has to offer.
tres bon experience
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC10 January 2017
Bon travail, meilleur experience de ma vie a a vendre dans un tel magasin...decu de la fermeture.
Pros
bon environment
Cons
il y en a pas
Great working environment, amazing co-workers who were really friendly and helpful. Awesome managers who treated everyone with respect and fairness.
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
A usual working day would start with a brief presentation given by manager to discuss the goals of the day, and going over the flyer to get an idea about the products on sale. Store would open at 9:00 am, and I would greet customers with smile and interact with them to inform them about the upcoming sales and different products, as well as assist them with their car installation appointments and scheduled deliveries. If there was any complicated procedure that I would encounter as a trainee then my experienced co-workers were always ready to help me through the process. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people and assisting them in finding the desirable product, and just keep them engaged during their visit, and it would give me great satisfaction in seeing a smile on their faces afterwards. I learnt that great communication skills helped me a lot in building long term relationships with my customers.
Pros
Never felt tired during work, got decent lunch hours and lunch room had a tv, a fridge, lockers and a play station as well as foosball table.
Cons
Just the normal work place gossip, other than that it was great.
Company's Guidelines
Precinct Chief (Lead Technician) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
Have fun while being the best
Learn from challenge and change
Show respect, humility and integrity
Unleash the power of our people

Kinda says it all!
Commision sales
Car Audio Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2016
commisioned sales, forced to sell warranty even if you dont beleive it is worth it. taught to be pushy with customers over warrenty options. brutally bad management
Pros
Co workers are nice
Cons
management on all levels
Great atmosphere with tons of room to grow and find your place.
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
days were sometimes long and the work life balance wasent always great at times.

they demanded alot of you but you also grew with every challenge.

sales was a challenging atmosphere that gave you alot of oppurtunity to make alot of money.

there was a family like atmosphere and stores as well as managers worked together very well.
Pros
atmosphere, oppurtunity
Cons
long hours, poor work-life balance
fun and enjoyable workplace
PRODUCT EXPERT (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 December 2016
everyone was like family, was a very friendly and enjoyable work place. everyone helped one another, especially training the seasonal workers
a good place
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
working at future show was an amazing please to work. Learning something new every day with those computers forced you to say on your toes and up to date with both old and new technology
Pros
challenging work environment
Cons
N/a
Fun, competitive job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 November 2016
At the start of the shift the sales manager would have a meeting with the staff on that shift to go over sales numbers, strategies, and goals. It would also get opened up to talk about any issues or concerns from staff. Next it would be out to the sales floor to first help customers, then work on stock, tags, and if need be, planograms. During the shift if there was any downtime or slower business we would clean, dust, and tidy the section we were responsible for.

I learned about working in retail. How to do planograms, set up displays and demos, and how to handle stock. I also learned the process of inventory counts and loss prevention.

Management was always helpful if there were any issues, concerns or questions.

Co workers were always very competitive which made it enjoyable and motivating, but at the same time light and fun.

Hardest part of the job was when someone called in sick on a busy day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the competitiveness.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Very little room for advancement
great place to work and grow
Junior and Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 November 2016
great teamwork within the company, room for growth , did achieve management level,loved helping customers and co workers, shifts were flexible, staff purchase was great
Company closed
EXPERT EN PRODUITS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2016
Travailler au Future Shop etait une experience tres enrichisante , chaque jours etait different et rempli de nouveau defis

La pression afin de rencontrer les objectif de vente etait cependant tres eleve et cela pouvait laisser des tentions inutile sur le milieu de travaille

bonne experience en generale
Was a great place to work
Service Depot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
Great place to work. Filled with many opportunities. Too bad it is gone now. The owner was excellent before being bought by Best Buy
Home Theater Installer
Home Theatre Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 November 2016
The work itself was great. Installing relatively high end home theater systems and doing custom wiring for customers. The management was good for the most part but there were unfortunately multiple labor law violations. I learnt a lot at Future Shop, but they are no longer around.
Microsoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
- Selling and promoting products
- How to make clients feel good on what they are about to perchase
- Promoting new products
- Friendly
- random raging clients
- meeting new people
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
My first workplace which taught me the basics in a workforce. It was fun working at Future Shop. There are many things to learn about and a way gain good knowledge of electronics.
less than savory
mobile audio specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
most valuable thing i learned from this job was i am not cut out for commission based sales,

while Futureshop/Best Buy's literature promotes team building, the actual environment on the sales floor was a far different experience
Environment très bien géré
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee) –  Metro McGill26 October 2016
Bon lieu pour apprendre les responsabilités
Gérant très flexible
Lieu de travail très saint
Fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2016
Fun and engaging workplace and consistently looking for ways to improve labour costs without impacting the customer experience.
Overall a good place to work
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2016
This was a good job for a high school student. Getting to work in a consumer electronics store with the latest gadgets was fun. There is commission based pay structure so it somewhat of a competitive atmosphere. Good place to develop sales techniques.