Future Shop

Future Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced at times. Fellow staff were easy to work with
Senior Sales Person (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 15, 2014
Cons: very log hours over christmas holidays....12-15 hr shifts at times
The day always starts with a group meeting discussing the wins of the previous day and the daily targets. We would review the department, and address anything that was out of place. Including the cleanliness of the dept. to pricing changes. The management was very much interested in your thoughts and wanted you to succeed. Your coworkers were all easy – more... to get along with, and a pleasure to work beside. The hardest part was the extra long hours required over the Christmas Holidays, as it left very little time for family. The best part was the freedom to create your own success. – less
fun
Sales Representative - Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2014
this is a fun job and is pretty slow until you hit christmas time. but even then you are well staffed and organized
Fast paced, always changing sales environment
Merchandising Supervisor/Entertainment Coordinator (Former Employee), Stoney CreekFebruary 13, 2014
Inventory counts
morning meetings
floor managing
assisting with customers
ordering supplies
checking email/ sending emails for many purposes
product knowledge training
interpersonal skills
coaching/training staff
maintained a safe work environment
Fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day at work is very buisy always on the move. Learned alot of product knowledge in electronics and customer service. Store managment team always helping and listening to ideas and thaughts. work with a great bunch of peope who are friends outside of the store as well as inside. The hardest part of the job was the Christmas season, long days – more... very little time off. What was most enjoyable for me is being able to multi task work in groups leading a team and completing goals. – less
New experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2014
i was a car audio rep. for a girl who did not know anything bout cars it was a great opportunity to better myself. management was great they were very supportive. in my section i worked with men they were very supportive in teaching me all things cars.
Fun place to work
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: super cool team
It was awesome to interact with team members and customer's alike. Who doesn't like working with all the latest and greatest technology?
was a good job
Sales Associate - Elite Member (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: almost out of buss.
there just in big ----- now!
good co-workers
would still be there if they had any jobs left....but no more no more !!!!
Productive and fun environment while maintaining department
Cashier, Customer Service, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day at work involved
•accepting ATS
•maintaining and grooming gaming department
•assisting customers

What I learned was
•quick and efficient time management
•working well with others
•working well independently

Co-workers
•worked well together
•stayed focus

Most enjoyable part of the job
•being satisfied with work accomplished
•have returning – more... customers who appreciated you
•putting in hard work and being recognized for it – less
Can be a fun place to work
Lead Technician / Mobile Department Sales Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not so personable
Future shop was a great place to work. Plenty of chances to grow and move with the company. co-workers were great and education and product knowledge continued regulalry
fun sales job very interactive
Product Expert (Former Employee), Kanata, ONFebruary 4, 2014
ability to read your client and cater to their needs brings a fruitful result. it was commission based and due to high online competition commissions were low.
Great Experince, Benifits and Culture
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee), Markham EastFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great benifts
Cons: under staffed
The best part of the job was the customers, but also was the hardest. Trying to meet there needs while being under staffed.
This was a great place to work!
Cashier and Web Sales (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: scheduling inconsistencies.
This was a great place to work! More like family than a job.

Typical day at work for me involved greeting customers coming into the store, processing sales transactions, credit and debit as well as cash handling, kept the cash wrap well stocked and clean, made sure all price tags were current and accurate.

My coworkers were always friendly and upbeat. – more... Management was approachable. – less
Futureshop Chilliwack has been an amazing place to work with a great friendly staff environment
Merchandising (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 31, 2014
FutureShop is a great place to work everyone at the location felt like family as well as easy laid back job, but as of with new organization of the company I feel that my job is no longer secure.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), thunder bayJanuary 31, 2014
enjoyable job
great co-workers
I enjoyed helping customers and solving customer issues
A wonderful place to work at, filled with friendly associates.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work:

Good traffic flow, not always busy but we tend to meet the target of the day. Everybody tries to work together to maintain a professional and friendly environment for our customers.

What I learned:

I learned that there will be customers who are not in a good mood and we must, no matter what, provide good customer service. By – more... being a good listener, and being able to be empathetic when given a situation where a customer is unhappy, or not in a good mood. As well, we always have to give our 100% when helping customers find what they want.

Management:

The management team is very well organized with scheduling, and in making sure that everyone has a fair amount of working hours. As well, there is monthly training that helps those that want to learn more.

Co-workers:

They welcomed me with open arms. They assisted me whenever there would be a line-up. As well, they trained me very well, and still continued to help me when I had questions.

The hardest part of the job:

Personally, there is no such thing as "hardest part" in the work environment because I believe that it's only hard if you make it hard for yourself. You have to know yourself, and how to handle situations properly and professionally. There is always a solution to a problem.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

The most enjoyable part of the job is honestly meeting new people. I enjoy socializing and listening to how people's days are when I am able to. As well, making people smile, make me happy because I enjoy enlightening people's moods. – less
Electronics
Product Expert (Former Employee), LethbridgeJanuary 27, 2014
Fun place to work
good Management
great place to get into sales
A lot to offer and no two shifts are the same.
Salesman (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: quality employee lounge, information about new releases and big sales
Cons: always inside, no windows, long hours
In the gaming department I was held responsible for keeping up to date on the latest video game releases by reading every new edition of the store flyer. Price drops from competing stores were important to follow, because shoppers can ask employees to match a competing store's prices. At the time, I considered this to be the hardest part of my job. – more... During the holiday season I learned to rapidly switch between English and French and occasionally speak to groups of people. – less
no review
Full Time Product Expert (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: uncapped income
Cons: no work-life balance
Excellent company to work for. Probably the best retail job available today.
Opening stores from inception, employee engagement, customer engagment, leadership development
General Manager (Former Employee), Vernon, B.C. , Calgary A.B.January 14, 2014
Pros: largest electronic retailer in north america
Cons: technology is changing along with the way people purchase products.
Opening stores from inception and creating a customer focused environment to ensure the highest level of satisfaction from the client and the associate alike. Planning and organizing two general staff meetings a day has helped me to become an effective public speaker who is able to use multiple techniques to keep my audience attentive. Running all aspects – more... of the store operation and responsible for sales exceeding 50 million per year has helped me to learn multiple ways to develop leaders and associates alike and help them find the right fit for themselves. The passion I have for my career shows in the results of engagement, profit and development of the people i work with as well as myself. – less
fun and good pay come at a cost
o Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ontario canadaJanuary 11, 2014
the pay is great for what you do, there is no work life balance though.

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more

Future Shop Photos