Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2015
It was a great company to work for; unlimited potential for earning but it was very competitive so you must be hungry for sales.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have learned to cooperate with others and work as a team player. The environment is fast-paced therefore it provides a good learning environment.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Future shop was a great place to work and had great people, they had a great environment and overall treated their employees well.
Enjoyable Workplace
Product Process Associate, Entertainment Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2015
I was honored to be given the opportunity to work at Futureshop and enjoyed working with a team of hardworking and fun individuals. Management was very good and I had a blast getting to know them and establishing relationships. Customer satisfaction was the number one priority and responsibility. I learned many skills and some of these skills took time to get a hand of but were essential to the job and made our lives easier. Best part of the job was truck days when inventory came in and we worked as a team to put away product. Hardest part of the job was probably learning to send out write-offs but I got the hang of it but lucky the task was done as a duo.
Pros
Great People
Relaxing
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 26, 2016
Sitting/ decorating
a lot about skin care
great
didnt have any
10 hour days
free stuff, and my relationship with my managers
fun at work
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
- flexible hours
- met a diverse group of customers and learnt their lifestyles
- got to work with employees with different cultures
- garnered great product knowledge
- great incentives on good performance
- great benefits
Comfortable place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
This place helped me with my physical health. I never worked out in a gym before I started working for this spa. And that is because the owner there motivated me to always the best in everything. I think she was a wonderful owner.
Pros
Free gym, Free Sauna - Great hours.
Cons
It shut down.
opportunity to grow and make day to day decisions in a company with culture
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 15, 2015
meet new people each day and help them with any opportunities they may have and educate them on new products that we carried and introduce them to a whole new world on the WEB. Being empowered to make the decisions for customer service resolutions rather than having to always ask someone else. Working with a constant changing staff and finding ways to help each other to grow. Hardest part of the job, saying goodbye to seasonal employees and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and finding ways to help them.
Pros
benefits and staff discounts
Future shop is a fairly well run and fun to work at business
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BCMarch 17, 2015
A typical day as a merchandiser would include:
-Marking off the safety checklists on all work equipment
-Putting out new daily price tags
-Locking up all returned products from the previous night
-Unloading truck deliveries
-Making sure product is properly displayed in the store
-Up/Down-stocking products
Pros
Good benefits, great management
Cons
Not enough hours
Future Shop
Cashier Cust. Service Rep Online Sales As (Former Employee) –  GuelphJune 25, 2015
The most amazing job I've ever had. Management was fantastic and really treated me as a friend instead of an employee, but not in a unprofessional way. Coworkers were amazing, age difference did not effect my friendships I had while working there. Costumers were nice 90% of the time, and when they were not, staff handled it very well.
Extremely inviting atmosphere. Uniforms are comfortable.
Pros
Eveything
Cons
nothing
Future shop was a business that had a very strict and targeted policy for customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 11, 2015
Working in customer serv. i would usually rotate between positions from cash, to returns, to greeting and back again. what i took from working here was how much each member of the team needed to be running to their best of their abilities, and if one was away or lacking in such an aspect, that we would always seek to improve the situation. if my peers ever slipped up i would make sure to help them realize their mistake and help them correct it. this applies for myself aswell, however rare the mistake, i would always recieve proper guidance towards the correct actions from my coworkers. the hardest part that i found was the ocational lack of customers, which left the team standing around, or to clean up while we had room and time for it. but by far, the best part of the job was working with my friends, and making new frindships along the way.
Pros
very flexible with work hours
Cons
no longer in opperation
Good company to work for but they're closed now
Counter intelligence level 1 (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed working every day for this company other than the typical high school drama from the rest of the team.

Management was great
Pros
great work environment, great employee discount on certain items
Cons
low hours, low salary for skillset, low amounts of in store repairs
Great Team
Sales Consultant/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 1, 2015
Working at Future Shop helped me develop some great skills, not only in sales but also in communication, understanding business models, understanding what it takes to run a business and the value of a good team.
My typical day consisted out of achieving sales goal, training, merchandising and relationship building.
The best part of the job was being able to work so closely with everyone in the team, looking back the most valuable part of Future Shop was the well oiled team we had put together.
The hardest part of working at Future Shop was dealing with situations that required you to compromise when the other party was not willing to.
As I mentioned before my co-workers were likely the best part of my time at Future Shop
Pros
Great team, great athmosphere
Cons
No job security
Fun and engaging workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 9, 2015
Excellent company to work for, fun, exciting and productivity rewarded salary. The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
Pros
Employee Purchase Plan
Cons
Inconsistent sales traffic
Get to see new products hands on
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 17, 2013
A great place to learn about technology and sales. Good values and culture. Helped me to become a stronger person and handle pressure during busy times. Pressure is also there during slow time. The . only thing i find is their target settings which is very unrealistic and hard to archieve. Management can be very moody and treat people by numbers and experience. But at the end of the day it was lot of fun to see new technologies coming out and meeting new people,
Pros
good place to begin your career
Cons
commission is not good anymore and the traffic is down due to online sales
Goal oriented and a fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMarch 29, 2015
If anyone ever asked me what motivates me I would tell them 2 things right away: Money and the smile of satisfaction from the client that I have served at my workplace. At future shop I have learned my ways of achieving my goals and objectives with a huge smile on my face throughout the entire day. The manager was always helpful with me and he appreciated me and my work even more when I used to cross my sales target everyday of my entire 1 year at Future Shop. The best part of working at Future Shop was that I could earn my own salary by selling products and services to my clients and earn a decent amount of pay check. I loved to work there and I know for a fact that I will carry my sales experience towards a better place next time and perform at the highest standard because Future Shop has helped me to develop my potential and skills.
Pros
Make money through each sale
Cons
Have to sale warranties with any given product
Fun place to work
customer representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 10, 2015
The best part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life and providing them with a customer service they would remember for a long time ensuring they would return for further purchases.
Pros
Good working environment
I worked sop
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed the time I worked there because it was teamwork dealing with customer sometimes and the communication was easy.
Sales associated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 4, 2015
good company to work flexible hours rotating shift lots to learn good benefit's easy work good management friendly staff
Pros
good discount on friends and family
Cons
no paid lunch
fun loving environment n flexible hours
Appliances Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
Learning n executing sales associate skills n learning in depth about the products, good leadership skills,learning leadership skills
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a