Future Shop Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2016
I learned how to do sales from this floor of futureshop. It made me aggressive for sales, made me stay on top in the country, great motivation, great work experience. I learned everything from this company, management was very supportive, very encouraging, learned from customer service to merchandising, sales, supervising sales floor.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no job security
fs
Centralized Recruiter for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
good place to work, they promote people if theyre good. so make sure u work haqrde and stay in touch with the managers. good stepping stone
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2016
The typical day of at work stocking shelf's. I learned to do scan products into the computer. learned good time management skills. The co-workers were friendly. the hardest part of the job working with so many people. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning computer systems
Pros
Good lunch breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
Great working environment, amazing co-workers who were really friendly and helpful. Awesome managers who treated everyone with respect and fairness.
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
A usual working day would start with a brief presentation given by manager to discuss the goals of the day, and going over the flyer to get an idea about the products on sale. Store would open at 9:00 am, and I would greet customers with smile and interact with them to inform them about the upcoming sales and different products, as well as assist them with their car installation appointments and scheduled deliveries. If there was any complicated procedure that I would encounter as a trainee then my experienced co-workers were always ready to help me through the process. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people and assisting them in finding the desirable product, and just keep them engaged during their visit, and it would give me great satisfaction in seeing a smile on their faces afterwards. I learnt that great communication skills helped me a lot in building long term relationships with my customers.
Pros
Never felt tired during work, got decent lunch hours and lunch room had a tv, a fridge, lockers and a play station as well as foosball table.
Cons
Just the normal work place gossip, other than that it was great.
Fun place to work at with different people to interact with
Product Expert (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 April 2016
Typical day at work would mainly be selling product and services to customers.

I have learned that each product and service is built for different people and for different uses. Some people might think they need product A but actually product B is a better fit. There is a need to educate customers and end-users on certain specifics.

Management was great at Futureshop, considering sales are the bottom of the food chain in the corporate ladder, management has be fair on requests and needs.

Hardest part of the job is to help customers differentiate hardware malfunction and physical damage on devices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is educating people what I've learned in product studies and developments.
Pros
Flexible break time
Cons
long hours during boxing day
Amazing place to work over all especially with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
I worked for Future Shop for almost 12 yrs and enjoyed ever moment. Of course there were some ups and downs as far as sales however overall it was enjoyable
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Christmas season can be a little draining.
Productive and fun work place with tons of perks
Elite Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
Great Company to work for with great value and benefits, amazing training program for growth and development.
Pros
Commsion
Cons
too much politic
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 August 2016
I enjoyed my experience here at future shop however, they over hired for the holidays and I was one of the employees amongst others to be laid off
productive and fun environment
Salesman (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 July 2016
Typical day was building interpersonal relationships with clients. Driving and closing sales was a priority. If the stores didn't close down I would continue to work there.
n/a
Cell Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2016
After working for Future shop for 5 years
i have learned alot ,i have improved on my skills ,specially Sales skill and customer service skills
The store location was shut down...
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2016
The location was shut down three years after I left FutureShop. However, I would not work at this location if it was still running. My manager was rude and was giving me tasks that were out of my experience.
Business shut down
Home Office Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 May 2016
Due to lack of inbound customers traffic Company was shut down and hundreds of employees were sent home. Due to increased competition the company could not survive
Pros
A good learning of electronics
Cons
less than 24 hours a week for part timers
workplace
Computer technician ( tech lead) (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 March 2016
setup new computer, data transfer, repair computers and repair iPhone.
every day learned something new in troubleshooting.
I have to manage tech room and sales person to sell service and warranty for new unit.
I had tow co-worker in tech room and 20 in store all were nays and responsible.
the hardest part of the job was co-worker didn't do their job
the most enjoyable part of the job was problem solving and make customer happy
Future Shop- Good Job
Sales Rep/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
- Greet Customers and help them
- Maintain the Store Throughout the day and return merchandise.
- It was a fast pace moving environment and we had to the meet quotas . Seasonal time it was busy like Christmas and "Back to School" so we had to prevent any theft from happening and provide good customer service to tons of customers. Unfortunately it was closed down Canada Wide.
audio installation
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 July 2016
-installed stereo systems
-helped install remote starters
-helped customers choose the best products for their budget
It was a well managed workplace
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
It was a good place to work in because the management was exceptional. They had a high standard and we were expected to meet them.
Great place to learn about end user characterstics
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2016
Engaged with customers to build optimal product packages, services and solutions that suit their needs. Evaluated sales opportunities and provided application recommendations for the effective use of computer equipment
Pros
access to new tech
Cons
scheduling hours are done last minute
exciting to learn about new technology
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 April 2016
During Future Shop operations the job was exciting and fast pace in the busy hours and especially boxing day. A cashier position was an entry job, it was easy and I had a chance to learn about sales and customer service.
Pros
Commission on small at the counter sales
Cons
Low hourly wage
Productive and fun workplace
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 July 2016
Very relaxed management that were very helpful in whatever I required. A typical day would include helping employees and stocking shelves.
Fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2016
Mcdonalds was a fun work place the crew got along well. Some nights are so busy you have to stay and work longer without rebuttal.

66%