Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

possitive place great people
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABOctober 8, 2015
any negativity can be acceptable on account of the great people, and friendly / fun environment. any bad day I had or bad mood I was in would be gone by the time I was done my shift.
Pros
always up to date on the latest tech. and a preaty good discount
Cons
i was only seasonal
valuable work experince
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North YorkSeptember 25, 2015
Hardest part of this job is during boxing-day every year. The lesson I learned from this job is the implementation meaning of my major. My co-workers are very easy going. The most enjoyable part of this job is co-workers became friends and do every major task together.
Decent student job
Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-ClaireSeptember 15, 2015
Support from management, decent hours but poor salary unless you can sell a large volume of items and service plans. Some frustration when it comes to having demo electronics that don't work and can't be used to show clients the products.
Pros
Bonuses on sales
Cons
Monotone work
Compensation
Geek Squad Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 25, 2015
Compensated based on you performance. Pretty simple; If you under perform you do not make money. If you perform than you will make money.
Benefits were second to none.
Pros
Staff Purchase, Pay, Environment
Cons
Company is closed....
Great place to work, enjoyed my time there
In-Home Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Nova ScotiaSeptember 30, 2015
I really have no complaints with the is company, I enjoyed my time off, but was laid off when the moved to Best Buy. I was their in home technician and really enjoyed meeting new customers and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment
bad work envirnoment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Terrible work environment with no benefits what so ever. there is no body to help you must of the time. customer service is terrible. people are not friendly.
Pros
breaks.
Cons
where to begin. Terrible hours, bad work environment, long daunting hours. so much more.
Productive and fun work place
Product Expert - Cameras, Mobile/Car Audio (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 8, 2015
Great place to work if you are a student.
They were accommodating in terms of working around your school schedule.
The managers were great. They were understanding if you had to change your shift if you had for example an exam coming up.
Pros
Hours were good and they were flexible
Cons
Had to work at least 3 days a week and weekends
Fun Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsOctober 10, 2015
Fun atmosphere ,great place to work when you have a strong and right management team in place ,If working in commission it has great incentives.
Pros
Great Employee discounts, fun place to work around Technology.
Cons
No Job Security
Was a fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there while the store was open. The management was supportive as well as my fellow co-workers. I got to do something different and constructive everyday.
New Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2015
When I first get to work, I would go to the PC section of the shop to make sure all the PC's are turned on and working properly. Then I would report to my supervisor and see what task I would be assigned to do that day. Everyday I would greet my supervisor and my co-workers.
Great place back in the day
Software Accessories Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 12, 2015
I worked for Future Shop for only a few months but when new management took over, my 38 hours a week turned into 16. I'm sure many turnovers since 2001 so this may be a useless review.
Pros
Great staff to work with and high moral
Cons
Lack of job security
fun loving environment n flexible hours
Appliances Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
Learning n executing sales associate skills n learning in depth about the products, good leadership skills,learning leadership skills
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Store closed
ConnectPro In-home Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Was a nice place to work while it lasted. Many opportunities to move around in the company. A great place to practice customer service skills and work with talented people. Thanks for the memories!
Future Shop
Cashier Cust. Service Rep Online Sales As (Former Employee) –  GuelphJune 25, 2015
The most amazing job I've ever had. Management was fantastic and really treated me as a friend instead of an employee, but not in a unprofessional way. Coworkers were amazing, age difference did not effect my friendships I had while working there. Costumers were nice 90% of the time, and when they were not, staff handled it very well.
Extremely inviting atmosphere. Uniforms are comfortable.
Pros
Eveything
Cons
nothing
Sales associate, very intense work environment
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Even though its not supposed to be competitive, it turned out to be that way. Always a movement of employees in and out of the store. So, it was quite difficult to know who to talk to for product advice. At certain points, certain weekends/holidays, we was understaffed so the employees were frustrated, as were the customers for not having been assisted in an appropriate time. The managers were quite pushy about sales, but did not help with employee distribution.
Pros
shorter shifts and worked in a smaller section
Cons
employee distribution and sales tactics of other employees
Fun, Fast-Paced, Problem Solving, Learn New Things Everyday
Operations (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 23, 2015
Future Shop was always a great place to work. It had always offered great opportunity to continue growth whether it was by moving up within the ranks or learning on how to better yourself within the position that you are in. Most of all it always felt like a very close knit family oriented environment. Endless support from all aspects of the business regardless position and rank, the entire team was always united as one.
I worked sop
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed the time I worked there because it was teamwork dealing with customer sometimes and the communication was easy.
productive and busy for me as a tech
Senior Car Electronic Installer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 25, 2015
Nothing really to complain about, it was a positive overall experience. I enjoyed the management and structure I worked with.
fun, friendly
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
stressful regarding return and exchange the product.
poor management., new challenges everyday , new things to be learned