Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Store closed
ConnectPro In-home Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Was a nice place to work while it lasted. Many opportunities to move around in the company. A great place to practice customer service skills and work with talented people. Thanks for the memories!
bad work envirnoment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Terrible work environment with no benefits what so ever. there is no body to help you must of the time. customer service is terrible. people are not friendly.
Pros
breaks.
Cons
where to begin. Terrible hours, bad work environment, long daunting hours. so much more.
valuable work experince
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North YorkSeptember 25, 2015
Hardest part of this job is during boxing-day every year. The lesson I learned from this job is the implementation meaning of my major. My co-workers are very easy going. The most enjoyable part of this job is co-workers became friends and do every major task together.
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  montrealSeptember 21, 2015
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them. As a sales associate I learned from day one through 2 full days of training great sales basics and had many trainings through my 3 years. Lots of fun getting to know your client face to face and selling them a full package while maintaining a great margin.
Pros
commission flexible schedule lots of free knowledge
Cons
base salary
New Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2015
When I first get to work, I would go to the PC section of the shop to make sure all the PC's are turned on and working properly. Then I would report to my supervisor and see what task I would be assigned to do that day. Everyday I would greet my supervisor and my co-workers.
it was very good place to start working for new citizens
Senior Technical Support Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2015
it was my first job in Canada and learned a lot from this place, people were very nice and over all it was a wonderful experience.
Decent student job
Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-ClaireSeptember 15, 2015
Support from management, decent hours but poor salary unless you can sell a large volume of items and service plans. Some frustration when it comes to having demo electronics that don't work and can't be used to show clients the products.
Pros
Bonuses on sales
Cons
Monotone work
Great place back in the day
Software Accessories Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 12, 2015
I worked for Future Shop for only a few months but when new management took over, my 38 hours a week turned into 16. I'm sure many turnovers since 2001 so this may be a useless review.
Pros
Great staff to work with and high moral
Cons
Lack of job security
Future Shop
Manager on Duty, Sales Consultant, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 1, 2015
Futureshop was one of the most friendly environments I have worked for, I have learned a lot from futureshop such as stocking shelves to managing sales staff and helping them out with daily struggles with customers or themselves having problems being able to preform above and beyond for the customer and making it a unforgettable experience for both my staff and customers.
Très bonne expérience
conseiller en ventes (Former Employee) –  AnjouAugust 24, 2015
Très bonne experience, de ventes, conseil et orientation clients, apprentissage continu, gestion des cas clients.
lots of fun people
Manager on Duty - Top (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 18, 2015
Ocean River Sports it the best outdoor store to work for in Victoria.

I loved working there, great manager and owner and lots of fun getting out on the water
Productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
Pros
good compensation
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2015
It was a great company to work for; unlimited potential for earning but it was very competitive so you must be hungry for sales.
Productive, Challanging work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2015
A great environment to work in, Everyday continuous learning, new challenges a, new sales numbers love to have that challenging environment.
Pros
Systems
Cons
NA
Future shop was a business that had a very strict and targeted policy for customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 11, 2015
Working in customer serv. i would usually rotate between positions from cash, to returns, to greeting and back again. what i took from working here was how much each member of the team needed to be running to their best of their abilities, and if one was away or lacking in such an aspect, that we would always seek to improve the situation. if my peers ever slipped up i would make sure to help them realize their mistake and help them correct it. this applies for myself aswell, however rare the mistake, i would always recieve proper guidance towards the correct actions from my coworkers. the hardest part that i found was the ocational lack of customers, which left the team standing around, or to clean up while we had room and time for it. but by far, the best part of the job was working with my friends, and making new frindships along the way.
Pros
very flexible with work hours
Cons
no longer in opperation
Productive and fun work place
Product Expert - Cameras, Mobile/Car Audio (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 8, 2015
Great place to work if you are a student.
They were accommodating in terms of working around your school schedule.
The managers were great. They were understanding if you had to change your shift if you had for example an exam coming up.
Pros
Hours were good and they were flexible
Cons
Had to work at least 3 days a week and weekends
Sales associated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 4, 2015
good company to work flexible hours rotating shift lots to learn good benefit's easy work good management friendly staff
Pros
good discount on friends and family
Cons
no paid lunch
N/A
Computer Technician, Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 16, 2015
I had e good experience with customer facing.
We did not have job security from last year
We had good employee discount.
For IT position there is not much room to improve.
Loved it
Mobile Audio Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 14, 2015
Fun place to work, wicked discount. Some days are slow and others are so busy the time just flies by. A lot of pressure from the boss to close the sales tho.
Pros
Discount, Pay
Cons
Pressure
Best Job I ever had
Installer, Computer Tech, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 13, 2015
I would get to work to have an energizing morning meeting with the opening staff
Check my install schedule
Depending if I had jobs scheduled would decide my day in the store, I would do merchandising, help out in the computer tech room with repairs and setups, or help anywhere in the store.
if I had installs, I'd tidy up between jobs, help my supervisor if needed
end of day would consist of thoroughly cleaning the shop

I learned how to install car starters, helped maintain car dealership contracts and install car stereo's. I also learned that my dedication to quality was recognized enough to be offered a couple of shop manager positions in less than 2 years.

Management was awesome, treated everyone like family

co-workers were always friendly an inviting.

the job was never really hard, everyone was willing to help make things easily understandable

every day was enjoyable at future shop
Pros
Outstanding work enviroment
Cons
Stores country wide Closed......