Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Empresa acolhedora
Vendedora (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 9, 2015
Pros: boas intstalações no prédio.
Cons: sem vale refeiçao
O dia a dia de trabalho era movimentado, porém possível de exercer todas as atividades e funções necessárias para cumprir as tarefas. Aprendi que o trabalho em equipe é essencial para determinados assuntos, deve-se ter responsabilidade para com suas atividades solicitadas pelo superior.
A relação com o Diretor era harmoniosa e sempre existiram oportunidades para expor minhas idéias. Tive uma relação boa com meus colegas de trabalho, onde nos ajudávamos e existia uma colaboração de todos os lados para o crescimento da empresa.
O mais difícil do trabalho era não ter tempo hábil para terminar as atividades no dia a dia. A parte mais agraddável era a relação com os colegas de trabalho e poder fazer algo que pudesse ser importante para a empresa.
Great work environment
Product Expert (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: High traffic $$
Cons: Scheduling issues
Future shop was a great place too work and to sell. The other staff where all like minded and competitive which made days go by quick with positive effects on our wallets.
Good company to work for but they're closed now
Counter intelligence level 1 (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: great work environment, great employee discount on certain items
Cons: low hours, low salary for skillset, low amounts of in store repairs
I enjoyed working every day for this company other than the typical high school drama from the rest of the team.

Management was great
Great Experience
Manager On Duty/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), New Glasgow, Nova ScotiaApril 6, 2015
Everyday I would start my work day off with opening the store and rebooting Point of Sale systems. Print previous days paper work for filing. Counted and sorted coin/float trays. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers they became my family away from home. I also ran the sales floor 3 days out of the week. That included me either opening or closing the store. Dealt with customer issues when the arouse. The hardest part of my job was leaving because of the store closer.
Productive, Multitasking
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 5, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Hours
The company was a great environment for an individual to learn about the latest technologies that came into the market and was also a great way to advance your communication skills and your multitasking skills. The management was a joy to work with as they often treated their staff with a high probability of respect. The co-workers were the roots of the whole sales environment as they often worked in teams to correspond with the targets that were set in motion by the management.
LEARN FROM CHANGE AND CHALLENGES
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey Central CityApril 3, 2015
Pros: fun and growth
Cons: no job security
- Never seemed like a long day at work
- Always had fun at work with the people while working
- Quality of work was appreciated
- I learnt a lot at Future Shop:
* People development
* Training and Coaching
* Scheduling and Supervising 20 associates
* Hiring and Interview Process
* Loss Prevention
* Time Management
* People Skills, Customer Service Skills, Cash Control
- Change of Management and changes within the company of letting people go and continue with the new or less staff have really made me learn from those changes and challenges that i have as an employee faced.
Met many wonderful people, the work wasnt too hard.
Product Process Associate or Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2015
Pros: Staff discounts, good benefits
Cons: Schedules not very consistent. Pay could have been better.
I would get to work and be ready to head to the warehouse and begin my day depending what day of the week it was.
I learned how to use equipment that I had never before had to use at any job, like our pallet stacker and the wave which helped to put up or take down any product from the overhead shelves. I was scared the first time I had to use the pallet stacker by myself because i had a load of small mini fridges to put up and i was very unsure how that would go. But I managed to complete the task and was very proud of myself after. Management changed over the years and one of my most memorable Managers was my last one that would challenge me to be better & stronger at my job. Co-workers in that role changed quite often due to some going back to school. Some were easier to work with and some not so easy to read. But for the most part we worked as a team. The most hardest part was dealing with the heavy lifting of large items like appliances and tv's. The most enjoyable was the customers I could help with finding a movie or a game.
Future Shop
Connected Solutions Product Expert (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2015
A typical day at Future Shop was never boring!! there was always a customer to help and a different problem to solve. Every customer comes in with a different idea of what technology is and it was our job to make the right choice for them in the long run!!
Fun place to work with high earning potential
MANAGER ON DUTY - Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good Commission and potential for high earnings
Cons: Low job Security
A good place to work with high earning potential, anybody who likes gadgets would love this place. The better you perform the better the reward.
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeApril 1, 2015
I loved working here, I learned how to be a successful salesperson and leader. The customers and employees were great. Management was great, always friendly. Enjoyed my time within the company.
Great Team
Sales Consultant/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great team, great athmosphere
Cons: No job security
Working at Future Shop helped me develop some great skills, not only in sales but also in communication, understanding business models, understanding what it takes to run a business and the value of a good team.
My typical day consisted out of achieving sales goal, training, merchandising and relationship building.
The best part of the job was being able to work so closely with everyone in the team, looking back the most valuable part of Future Shop was the well oiled team we had put together.
The hardest part of working at Future Shop was dealing with situations that required you to compromise when the other party was not willing to.
As I mentioned before my co-workers were likely the best part of my time at Future Shop
Over all good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), sarnia, ontarioMarch 31, 2015
Co-workers were great, store management was good, the job itself was interesting, pay was good, the store had a fun atmosphere and everyone was friends.
Great place to work with too bad
Manager on duty (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 31, 2015
It was commission based and a wonder place to work at, unfortunate that its closed now. Best buy is not the same. It was a pleasure to be part of Future shop
best place ever
csr (Former Employee), calgary,abMarch 31, 2015
Pros: independent
Cons: part time
Provide sales, service, and administrative support to the Financial Planner enabling the Financial Planner to have more and better conversations with customers. Sell basic investment products, including mutual funds, to customers assigned to Financial Planners in alignment with the customer's investment/retirement plans understanding the customer's requirements to meet their immediate investment needs.
• Through customer conversations, proactively identify additional customer financial needs including personal and commercial everyday banking, lending and investments referring customers as appropriate.
• Provide investment-related after-sales service to customers assigned to Financial Planners delivering exceptional customer service.
• Resolve assigned customers' problems/issues effectively and to the customer's satisfaction escalating any unresolved issues to the Financial Planner.
• Strengthen and deepen the relationship of new and existing customers by providing solutions that are in line with the customers' retirement or investment plan and meet their immediate needs, identifying opportunities to increase share of wallet through participation in programs designed to impact customer experience and by applying sales and service principles, practices and techniques
A Fun Place To Work
Product Process Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great discount
Cons: none
I am very much into technology so this is probably the best job I have ever held. They were fun to work for, very flexible, and I certainly learned a lot working there. The management and my co-workers always made me feel welcome, we were a team, a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was I never dreaded going to work, I loved working for them.
productive, fun to work, exceptional team and coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Concord, ONMarch 30, 2015
learned how to deal with customers passively
co workers were amazingly kind
hardest part of the job was to memorize all the sections within the store
the most enjoyable part of the job was being around my coworkers and working at cash
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
All co-workers and managers are an amazing team. Great place to grow and broaden skills. Opportunity for advancement.
I enjoyed working there, very good atmosphere and there is always work to do so you aren't standing around.
PPA Team Member (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: 8 hours shifts, an amazing discount on quite afew different kinds of products in the store.
I worked as a seasonal employee so I wasn't able to stay. I really enjoyed the job and it was a very good place to work. The store is closing now.
Productive, and Fun working environment
Counter Intelligence Technician (Current Employee), Calgary ABMarch 29, 2015
Future Shop is one of the most exciting place to work,A place with diversified nationalities, and where you meet new people everyday.Its really fun.
Productive, Highly competitive but fun work place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good workforce
Cons: Routine
Continuous learning is required to remain up-to-date with new technology advancement. Furthermore, great customer service required to meet standards of the company.