Future Shop Employee Reviews

fun and fast paced retail environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2016
although i was there for a short period of time, i really enjoyed working at future shop ( except for black friday. WOW!) I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Pros
occational free lunches and employee games days
Cons
stressful, and mean customers
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 February 2016
I have learned to cooperate with others and work as a team player. The environment is fast-paced therefore it provides a good learning environment.
Relaxing
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB26 February 2016
Sitting/ decorating
a lot about skin care
great
didnt have any
10 hour days
free stuff, and my relationship with my managers
Wonderful Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 February 2016
Before the final close of doors at future shop i really enjoyed my time there. the people i worked with made it a friendly and fun environment with a can do attitude.
Close knit group
Mobile Sales Associate I (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2016
Everybody was treated like family will provided the incentive to work as hard a possible. Everybody knew each other which made it easier to handle tough situations.
Very good workplace environment
Product Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2016
-A typical day at work would consist of Clean and Bright the department, selling appliances, TVs and Speakers, Providing great customer service
- I learned a lot about appliances and working with people, as well as negotiating
-Management was great, always there to help out and always have your back
- It was very easy to get along with co-workers but at the same time it was competitive working in the commission sales environment
-Hardest part of the job would be when customers bought big ticket items without warrantee and something would go wrong with it not too long down the road and we weren't able to do as much as we wished we could to help them out because of some of the policies.
- Most enjoyable part of working here was getting to know new people(customers and fellow employees)
Decent sales training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2016
Decent sales training. Flexible hours. sjdfajs asjdiasjdij ajdojasod ajsdojasod aosjdoaj ajksodjaos eoqj odejqonqw ijdiqowjd owjojqwn wjdiqw qowjoqw oqjwoj wqiqw knqwkn wqkjjqw
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON3 February 2016
Future shop was a great place to work and had great people, they had a great environment and overall treated their employees well.
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 February 2016
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Pros
Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons
Cut throat
Company no longer in business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 January 2016
This company is no longer in business.

Although my time here was excellent and allowed me to really develop my skills in leadership and management.
i got nice people and team to work with, best customer satisfaction for customers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 January 2016
i had a good time working there with a team. unfortunately future shop close down otherwise i would have kept working there. it was a nice place to work in a nice and friendly environment.
Pros
good team
Cons
some times hectic
Setups and recoveries
Setup customers laptop (Former Employee) –  Young and Eglinton14 January 2016
Working at Future Shop was a great opportunity because of how I am able to work with many different kinds of computers, helped customers setup their laptops by installing what programs they need. I also got to install screen shields for customers smartphones. I learned a lot about computer problems, and helped other Future Shop workers with their situations.
Pros
Working with laptops and smartphones
Excellent place to work
Multi-Channel Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2016
It was the best place to work with positive environment always.
I learnt a lot of new skills from my co-workers in regards to maintaining a stability in work.
I received a lot of Recognition awards throughout my career in this company
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 December 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work the management lacks certain aspects of customer service skills and there were no benefits and the salary was minimum wage
Performance
vendeur (Former Employee) –  St.-Jérôme, QC16 December 2015
Entreprise basé sur la performance et le dépassement de soi.
Pros
commission et belle esprit d'équipe
Cons
Beaucoup de pression
sales organisation
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2015
while working at fureshop i learned lot about how to intract with the peoples because it was my first job in this country. day after day i start gaining confidence while working. it was a very fun place to work with goals and targets in mind. managment was very supportive. whenever need any help, they were always their to help. co- workers were like a family members because we spend most of the time in the store. the hardest part of the job was the long hours during christmas time every year with the focus to acheive target in mind. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday we get to see new customer with different culture and try to learn something new about their culture.
Pros
free lunches on vip sales
Cons
long shifts during christmas
positive hardworking environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2015
Enjoyable working environment, management was straight forward and organized. Unfortunately I only had a chance to be seasonal staff at their location.
Comfortable place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
This place helped me with my physical health. I never worked out in a gym before I started working for this spa. And that is because the owner there motivated me to always the best in everything. I think she was a wonderful owner.
Pros
Free gym, Free Sauna - Great hours.
Cons
It shut down.
My most enjoyable team in retail
Imaging & Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 December 2015
Had the lucky chance of working with a great team at my first retail position. Lots of fun with staff and customers alike. Great work environment, can get overwhelming with customers during the holidays though. Took all the shifts I could, wish there was more. Tried commission position, found it tricky.
Pros
Good benefits, nice events and promotions for employees
Cons
Only part time
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 December 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment