Future Shop

Future Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
no review
Full Time Product Expert (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: uncapped income
Cons: no work-life balance
Excellent company to work for. Probably the best retail job available today.
Opening stores from inception, employee engagement, customer engagment, leadership development
General Manager (Former Employee), Vernon, B.C. , Calgary A.B.January 14, 2014
Pros: largest electronic retailer in north america
Cons: technology is changing along with the way people purchase products.
Opening stores from inception and creating a customer focused environment to ensure the highest level of satisfaction from the client and the associate alike. Planning and organizing two general staff meetings a day has helped me to become an effective public speaker who is able to use multiple techniques to keep my audience attentive. Running all aspects – more... of the store operation and responsible for sales exceeding 50 million per year has helped me to learn multiple ways to develop leaders and associates alike and help them find the right fit for themselves. The passion I have for my career shows in the results of engagement, profit and development of the people i work with as well as myself. – less
fun and good pay come at a cost
o Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), ontario canadaJanuary 11, 2014
the pay is great for what you do, there is no work life balance though.
envirnement de travail agréable
EXPERT DES PRODUITS ÉLECTROMÉNAGERS (Current Employee), montreal, québec canadaJanuary 9, 2014
l'envirenment de travail est agréable mais il ya toujour de l'iquietude de l'instabilité.
Great
Product Expert (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 8, 2014
worked for over a year great store great people sadly the store i was working at was shut down.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2014
I love challenges and enjoy to learn new stuff.Future Shop was an ideal place for me.I get the chance to learn more about the items I sell. We were supposed to do our monthly learning which was really helpful. I am techy person so working at future shop was a great experience.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2014
• Used proficient sales approach to comprehend customer's needs and offered clear explanations to all their technology needs
• Upheld present data of the newest technology products
• Met company performance standards
• Greeted and assisted customers in a professional and friendly manor
• Experience working in Mobile Audio, Car Audio
• Worked in a commission – more... sales environment – less
Not the best place to work
merchandiser (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: first to see new electronics
Cons: too much work for little pay
A lot of demand for minimum wage, working as a merchandiser all the sales people and management use you.
Very productive and fun to work
Product Expert (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sometime angry customers
Usually everyday is new and exciting day when you work at future shop.
but my memorable day was boxing day
Future shop is usually fully packed on boxing day and you have to be very active and respectful for your customers to make a sale . From this day i learned what is value of time value of every minute in my life.
Management is very good at future – more... shop – less
Retail amangement number One
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 25, 2013
Having fun while been the best
showing integrity, humility and respect.
good company values.
a lot of work and you can learn a lot .
Commission job - cheat customers with words
Product Expert (Former Employee), Calgary ABDecember 25, 2013
Its a Commission job. So has to know Customers needs and mold the sale as per customer need even if the product or quality is not good with lower reviews. Has to sell Extended Warranty to make money. So just scare the Customer about the product breakdown and charge more money as 'Extended Warranty gimmick'.
Making a difference in people’s lives by connecting them with cutting-edge technology and demonstrating how it can enhance their lives.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Langley, BCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: meeting new people/discounts
Cons: inconsistent pay
A typical day at work includes talking to 20-50 people a day about their electronic needs.

I have learned how to effectively solve customers electronic issues, multitask at a high level, and communicate to customers the electronics and services available to them in my department.

Management works closely with sales staff on a daily basis, providing – more... us with positive feedback and selective advice on how to provide customers with a well rounded sales experience.

Co-workers are diverse, intelligent, and supportive.

The hardest part of my job is to attain all knowledge on every electronic device available because the electronic world is constantly evolving and changing every week.

The most enjoyable part of my job is creating customers for life, and being able to make them smile and feel like their electronic needs were met, over and beyond their expectations. – less
All the Electronics
Ent, Cell Shop, Customer Service, Home Theatre (Former Employee), Waterloo OntarioDecember 12, 2013
Future Shop was a great place to work. There was room to try many different departments, which I did, and learn and grow, The management in training program is very extensive and can really help someone grow. I was particularily fond of working Customer Service to help people, change itmes and make people happy.
Fun environment
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee), Timmins, ONDecember 8, 2013
Very fun place to work. Great work experience and understanding of the retail part of things.
I really enjoyed my co-workers and the management.
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Vernon, BCDecember 6, 2013
I was a merchandiser so I didn't interact with customers as much as I would like but I loved staff and would be happy to return if there was a position open
Best electronics retailer
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 6, 2013
Great company culture, excellent management team that provides support to it's peers.
N/A
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: long hours
Department Zoning and Sales. Futureshop is a good company for what they know about their products
Hit or Miss
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits, if you're full time. co-workers can be fun
Cons: almost anything. corporate fails, management fails.
Don't expect any type of job security. This company makes VERY poor decisions on the corporate level. Don't expect a good wage if you are a merchandiser or csr. Don't expect management to be competent.

In other words, don't have very high expectations for anything.
fun place to work at. kept me updated with current technology
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: have to push sales sometimes
A typical day started with reviewing sales goals for the shift. since its a commission based job I was self driven and motivated to sell in order to make good money.

In the end of the day it came down to giving the best recommendation or product suitable for the customer.

best part about this job was to educate customers on the new technology and – more... tell them what they can do with certain devices to enhance the quality of their lifestyle. – less
Decent earnings potential
Home Theatre Product Expert (Current Employee), Windsor,onNovember 8, 2013
Future shop can offer decent earnings potential. Great Benefits and staff purchase program are one of the best out there.