Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  montrealSeptember 21, 2015
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them. As a sales associate I learned from day one through 2 full days of training great sales basics and had many trainings through my 3 years. Lots of fun getting to know your client face to face and selling them a full package while maintaining a great margin.
Pros
commission flexible schedule lots of free knowledge
Cons
base salary
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Future shop was a great place to work and had great people, they had a great environment and overall treated their employees well.
Annual picnis were fun
Product expert (Former Employee) –  Trinity common BramptonOctober 22, 2015
It was a great place to work until they closed down on the 26th of
March 2015.
We had full benefits, staff discounts. Training every month. Perks for the best employee.
It was fun to work with all our team. We all worked as a one family
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Company had to close down
Future Shop
Manager on Duty, Sales Consultant, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 1, 2015
Futureshop was one of the most friendly environments I have worked for, I have learned a lot from futureshop such as stocking shelves to managing sales staff and helping them out with daily struggles with customers or themselves having problems being able to preform above and beyond for the customer and making it a unforgettable experience for both my staff and customers.
Fun place to work
customer representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 10, 2015
The best part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life and providing them with a customer service they would remember for a long time ensuring they would return for further purchases.
Pros
Good working environment
positive hardworking environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Enjoyable working environment, management was straight forward and organized. Unfortunately I only had a chance to be seasonal staff at their location.
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 19, 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work the management lacks certain aspects of customer service skills and there were no benefits and the salary was minimum wage
Productive, enjoyable and clean workplace.
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Very supportive co-workers and supervisors, also an enjoyable and nice workplace. Would love to work in the same environment where everyone is friendly and helpful, encouraging and patient.
Great overall
Sales associate, Product processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2015
Sales where extremely big as it was a commission based job, therefore the training you receive is excellent. You learn more about customer satisfaction and closing a deal than you do about the actual product.
Pros
Great sales experience
Cons
scheduled is not set
possitive place great people
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABOctober 8, 2015
any negativity can be acceptable on account of the great people, and friendly / fun environment. any bad day I had or bad mood I was in would be gone by the time I was done my shift.
Pros
always up to date on the latest tech. and a preaty good discount
Cons
i was only seasonal
valuable work experince
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North YorkSeptember 25, 2015
Hardest part of this job is during boxing-day every year. The lesson I learned from this job is the implementation meaning of my major. My co-workers are very easy going. The most enjoyable part of this job is co-workers became friends and do every major task together.
Decent student job
Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-ClaireSeptember 15, 2015
Support from management, decent hours but poor salary unless you can sell a large volume of items and service plans. Some frustration when it comes to having demo electronics that don't work and can't be used to show clients the products.
Pros
Bonuses on sales
Cons
Monotone work
Compensation
Geek Squad Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 25, 2015
Compensated based on you performance. Pretty simple; If you under perform you do not make money. If you perform than you will make money.
Benefits were second to none.
Pros
Staff Purchase, Pay, Environment
Cons
Company is closed....
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment
Great place to work, enjoyed my time there
In-Home Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Nova ScotiaSeptember 30, 2015
I really have no complaints with the is company, I enjoyed my time off, but was laid off when the moved to Best Buy. I was their in home technician and really enjoyed meeting new customers and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Productive and fun work place
Product Expert - Cameras, Mobile/Car Audio (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 8, 2015
Great place to work if you are a student.
They were accommodating in terms of working around your school schedule.
The managers were great. They were understanding if you had to change your shift if you had for example an exam coming up.
Pros
Hours were good and they were flexible
Cons
Had to work at least 3 days a week and weekends
bad work envirnoment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Terrible work environment with no benefits what so ever. there is no body to help you must of the time. customer service is terrible. people are not friendly.
Pros
breaks.
Cons
where to begin. Terrible hours, bad work environment, long daunting hours. so much more.
Fun Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsOctober 10, 2015
Fun atmosphere ,great place to work when you have a strong and right management team in place ,If working in commission it has great incentives.
Pros
Great Employee discounts, fun place to work around Technology.
Cons
No Job Security
Was a fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there while the store was open. The management was supportive as well as my fellow co-workers. I got to do something different and constructive everyday.
New Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2015
When I first get to work, I would go to the PC section of the shop to make sure all the PC's are turned on and working properly. Then I would report to my supervisor and see what task I would be assigned to do that day. Everyday I would greet my supervisor and my co-workers.