Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Geek Squad Computer Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 17, 2015
Great place to work unforchunatly due to reconstruction and being so close to a Bestbuy we were closed down, I would still be working at Future Shop if i could.
It was a great place to work!
Floor Manager & Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 17, 2015
Working with futureshop was a blessing. The experience and team were great! There was room for growth for those who worked hard and the pay structure was good. Management was always willing to listen to concerns and take action on them. They gave us the power to correct situations with customers.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
A very well coordinated place to work with friendly staff members and management. Staff are well knowledgeable and products are the best in the market. with future shop you are grantees a profitable purchase.
Co-op Work Experience
Co-op Job Placement (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 17, 2015
Worked there for 3 weeks, didn't really have the most "Fun" environment and friendly people there. But overall it was quite alright.
Amazing Team Culture - with a twist
Entertainment Associate/Coordinator (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Well-balanced work load, Excellent team culture
Cons: Certain objectives were very difficult to obtain
Future Shop offered an amazing team culture that was built on solidarity, but its Commission-based model made it difficult to get along with certain people at times. There were often opportunities for growth in terms of personal development, but typically never enough room to actually move up the ranks. Regardless, the work environment was generally very agreeable, as the staff always got along so well on a personal basis - as did the management team. Expectations were always high, but fair. This kept everybody in strong spirits even through difficult times. There were often difficulties meeting certain objectives, but tasking was always manageable and kept the actual customer service requirements equally manageable.
Teacher Assisitant
Sales Consultant/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Training
Cons: N/A
- Learn Great Leadership Skills
- Great Environment to work in
- Great Co Workers
- Clean and Fun place
- Great Management
- Never Gets Boring
SALES PROFESSIONAL
senior product expert (Former Employee), hamiltonApril 13, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: working weekends
Amazing opportunity to provide customers with the complete solution.Amazing and dynamic 23 yr career.

A member of circle of excellence for 15 years.

Super elite member.
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in, going to either cash or customer service. Customer service was all about helping customers in every way possible, sending out customer units. Management was fantastic they always cared about your needs. Co-workers were like family, everyone got along well. The hardest part of the job were Phone Exchanges (PSP) took quiet bit of time but always worth it at the end. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work and being happy to be there.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 11, 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work at. The staff was very friendly but unfortunately, I was only there for a month as a volunteer student but had a lot of fun there.
Fast past, exciting, No 2 days were ever the same
Multi-Channel Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cambridge OntarioApril 10, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers, staff discount, exciting place to work
Cons: Some long hours, stock refresh slow at times.
A typical day at work was showing customers the latest and greatest technology available. I learned the differences between things like laptops, tv's, appliances and home theater products. As well as how to sell the correct product to the right customer. The management team was always up beat and fun to work with. They always ran the store in a professional way. Co-workers were also always a pleasure – more... to work with. Rarely was there any issues between employees. The hardest part of my job was trying to sell to customers who had it in their head that they already knew more than you. And would blatantly tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see first hand new and exciting products before the consumer and getting hands on experience with it. As well as seeing a customer leave the store happy with what they purchased. – less
Great work environment
Product Expert (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: High traffic $$
Cons: Scheduling issues
Future shop was a great place too work and to sell. The other staff where all like minded and competitive which made days go by quick with positive effects on our wallets.
Good company to work for but they're closed now
Counter intelligence level 1 (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: great work environment, great employee discount on certain items
Cons: low hours, low salary for skillset, low amounts of in store repairs
I enjoyed working every day for this company other than the typical high school drama from the rest of the team.

Management was great
Great Experience
Manager On Duty/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), New Glasgow, Nova ScotiaApril 6, 2015
Everyday I would start my work day off with opening the store and rebooting Point of Sale systems. Print previous days paper work for filing. Counted and sorted coin/float trays. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers they became my family away from home. I also ran the sales floor 3 days out of the week. That included me either opening or closing the store. Dealt with customer issues when the arouse. The hardest part of my job was leaving because of the store closer.
Productive, Multitasking
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 5, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Hours
The company was a great environment for an individual to learn about the latest technologies that came into the market and was also a great way to advance your communication skills and your multitasking skills. The management was a joy to work with as they often treated their staff with a high probability of respect. The co-workers were the roots of the whole sales environment as they often worked in teams to correspond with the targets that were set in motion by the management.
LEARN FROM CHANGE AND CHALLENGES
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey Central CityApril 3, 2015
Pros: fun and growth
Cons: no job security
- Never seemed like a long day at work
- Always had fun at work with the people while working
- Quality of work was appreciated
- I learnt a lot at Future Shop:
* People development
* Training and Coaching
* Scheduling and Supervising 20 associates
* Hiring and Interview Process
* Loss Prevention
* Time Management
* People Skills, Customer Service Skills, Cash Control
- Change of Management and changes within the company of letting people go and continue with the new or less staff have really made me learn from those changes and challenges that i have as an employee faced.
Met many wonderful people, the work wasnt too hard.
Product Process Associate or Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2015
Pros: Staff discounts, good benefits
Cons: Schedules not very consistent. Pay could have been better.
I would get to work and be ready to head to the warehouse and begin my day depending what day of the week it was.
I learned how to use equipment that I had never before had to use at any job, like our pallet stacker and the wave which helped to put up or take down any product from the overhead shelves. I was scared the first time I had to use the pallet stacker by myself because i had a load of – more... small mini fridges to put up and i was very unsure how that would go. But I managed to complete the task and was very proud of myself after. Management changed over the years and one of my most memorable Managers was my last one that would challenge me to be better & stronger at my job. Co-workers in that role changed quite often due to some going back to school. Some were easier to work with and some not so easy to read. But for the most part we worked as a team. The most hardest part was dealing with the heavy lifting of large items like appliances and tv's. The most enjoyable was the customers I could help with finding a movie or a game. – less
Future Shop
Connected Solutions Product Expert (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2015
A typical day at Future Shop was never boring!! there was always a customer to help and a different problem to solve. Every customer comes in with a different idea of what technology is and it was our job to make the right choice for them in the long run!!
Fun place to work with high earning potential
MANAGER ON DUTY - Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good Commission and potential for high earnings
Cons: Low job Security
A good place to work with high earning potential, anybody who likes gadgets would love this place. The better you perform the better the reward.
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeApril 1, 2015
I loved working here, I learned how to be a successful salesperson and leader. The customers and employees were great. Management was great, always friendly. Enjoyed my time within the company.
Great Team
Sales Consultant/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great team, great athmosphere
Cons: No job security
Working at Future Shop helped me develop some great skills, not only in sales but also in communication, understanding business models, understanding what it takes to run a business and the value of a good team.
My typical day consisted out of achieving sales goal, training, merchandising and relationship building.
The best part of the job was being able to work so closely with everyone in the team, looking back the most valuable part of Future Shop was the well oiled team we had put together.
The hardest part of working at Future Shop was dealing with situations that required you to compromise when the other party was not willing to.
As I mentioned before my co-workers were likely the best part of my time at Future Shop

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more