Future Shop Employee Reviews

Great people made the job so awesome
Multi-Channel Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2016
The co-workers made the job so great as well as management. The hardest part of the job was resisting the urge to buy stuff every day. I learned plenty of things from my managers and fellow coworkers. I learned leadership skills, administrative skills, sales skills, and organizational skills. It was a great place to work. Customers were great, it was a fun environment.
Pros
Discounts on products, BBQ's, team building exercises, sports competitions, Christmas parties
Cons
Sales targets
Access to the latest consumer technology
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 May 2016
As a technician, having first hand, hands on experience with new consumer technology was like Christmas came early (on a regular basis). That was the experience at Future Shop, especially after CES.

Future Shop sharpened my technical knowledge, diagnosing, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of computer systems and peripheral devices .We were faced with new and ever so weird issues all the time. Some not so technical while others were. The amalgamation of different people and personalities from the tech savvy to tech inept, from the rich to the poor, from the nice to the not so nice customers, helped to hone and strengthen my consumer service skills.
Pros
Play with new tech
Tiresome
Commis à l'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2016
It was hard job
it was very tiresome
i had to move the product in the backstore, the warehouse. Heavy products.
I ahd to be there very ealry like 6AM
exciting to learn about new technology
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 April 2016
During Future Shop operations the job was exciting and fast pace in the busy hours and especially boxing day. A cashier position was an entry job, it was easy and I had a chance to learn about sales and customer service.
Pros
Commission on small at the counter sales
Cons
Low hourly wage
Fun place to work at with different people to interact with
Product Expert (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 April 2016
Typical day at work would mainly be selling product and services to customers.

I have learned that each product and service is built for different people and for different uses. Some people might think they need product A but actually product B is a better fit. There is a need to educate customers and end-users on certain specifics.

Management was great at Futureshop, considering sales are the bottom of the food chain in the corporate ladder, management has be fair on requests and needs.

Hardest part of the job is to help customers differentiate hardware malfunction and physical damage on devices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is educating people what I've learned in product studies and developments.
Pros
Flexible break time
Cons
long hours during boxing day
Summer job
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2016
Being a Merchandiser/Sales person at Future shop was a great experience. Having new challenges and goal to meet with great customer skills.
Pros
sales
Cons
summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 April 2016
I loved working at future shop. The environment was great and you work with great people. You learn a lot more about the products featured at future shop. It was great because when there was long days of work such as boxing day they would even provide you with lunch to work through the day.
Sales Associate/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2016
The company was based on commission it was very competettive. It was a fast paced environment that dealt with electronics.
Competitive and Engaging Environment
Cellular Expert/Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 April 2016
At Future Shop I was given the opportunity to meet new faces every single day. There would be new challenges with each day as I worked to meet a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly quota in sales.

My management staff encouraged me to not only compete with the staff along side me but the staff from other locations across the country.

All of our co-workers would push each other to achieve higher targets and have smoother sales transactions with more efficient executions. However, even though we would push each other there was a certain morale integrity that wasn't taught but learned in the culture that Future Shop provided.

Future Shop was a great company to start my career in sales and customer service.

I would recommend anyone looking to get a start in sales to look to Best Buy Canada.
Pros
Opportunity to grow within the company, Accomodating management and scheduling
Cons
No warning to closure
Great place to learn about end user characterstics
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2016
Engaged with customers to build optimal product packages, services and solutions that suit their needs. Evaluated sales opportunities and provided application recommendations for the effective use of computer equipment
Pros
access to new tech
Cons
scheduling hours are done last minute
future shop
Sales Consultant (connected solution department) (Former Employee) –  Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MB30 March 2016
Thanks for the opportunity that was my first formal job, learnt and gained great experience with interpersonal skills and tech. knowledge there.
productive
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS20 March 2016
good work enviroment.
alway training and learning
always moving
great meeting different people
always a different challenges
Pros
extras
Cons
not enough hours
good money
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC16 March 2016
pay was good,good environment,good people,i learnt a lot in the short period of time i was there. i wanna to stay but since this was seasonal position they gave this job to someone else with less experience & minimum wages
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours on boxing day, not allowed to take boxing week off
an okay job for temporary work
Stock worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 March 2016
this job was often dull and quiet. I was not able to communicate with customers and I rarely got too speak with other employees.
Future Shop- Good Job
Sales Rep/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
- Greet Customers and help them
- Maintain the Store Throughout the day and return merchandise.
- It was a fast pace moving environment and we had to the meet quotas . Seasonal time it was busy like Christmas and "Back to School" so we had to prevent any theft from happening and provide good customer service to tons of customers. Unfortunately it was closed down Canada Wide.
Best Place to work!
Customer Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
Working at Future Shop was the best. Everyone got along and worked great together! The management knew how to motivate you to do better everyday.
Pros
Cons
Closed down
fun and fast paced retail environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2016
although i was there for a short period of time, i really enjoyed working at future shop ( except for black friday. WOW!) I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Pros
occational free lunches and employee games days
Cons
stressful, and mean customers
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 February 2016
I have learned to cooperate with others and work as a team player. The environment is fast-paced therefore it provides a good learning environment.
Relaxing
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB26 February 2016
Sitting/ decorating
a lot about skin care
great
didnt have any
10 hour days
free stuff, and my relationship with my managers
Wonderful Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 February 2016
Before the final close of doors at future shop i really enjoyed my time there. the people i worked with made it a friendly and fun environment with a can do attitude.