Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
future shop
Sales Consultant (connected solution department) (Former Employee), Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
Thanks for the opportunity that was my first formal job, learnt and gained great experience with interpersonal skills and tech. knowledge there.
positive hardworking environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Enjoyable working environment, management was straight forward and organized. Unfortunately I only had a chance to be seasonal staff at their location.
Lots of Experience, Bad Work Culture
Customer Service Rep. / Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: salary + commission, experience
Cons: overtime, poor management, horrid customers
A typical day at work is being treated poorly by co-workers and customers. I learned excellent customer service skills and how to save face in times of crisis. Management is disorganized. New managers are constantly being hired and, therefore, can't keep up the usual way things are run. This creates confusion and constant scheduling errors. Most enjoyable parts of the job are the paychecks and the satisfying feeling of helping out customers... even if some of them don't appreciate it.
i got nice people and team to work with, best customer satisfaction for customers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: good team
Cons: some times hectic
i had a good time working there with a team. unfortunately future shop close down otherwise i would have kept working there. it was a nice place to work in a nice and friendly environment.
Close knit group
Mobile Sales Associate I (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Everybody was treated like family will provided the incentive to work as hard a possible. Everybody knew each other which made it easier to handle tough situations.
Summer job
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: sales
Cons: summer job
Being a Merchandiser/Sales person at Future shop was a great experience. Having new challenges and goal to meet with great customer skills.
Best Job I ever had
Installer, Computer Tech, Merchandiser (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Outstanding work enviroment
Cons: Stores country wide Closed......
I would get to work to have an energizing morning meeting with the opening staff
Check my install schedule
Depending if I had jobs scheduled would decide my day in the store, I would do merchandising, help out in the computer tech room with repairs and setups, or help anywhere in the store.
if I had installs, I'd tidy up between jobs, help my supervisor if needed
end of day would consist of thoroughly cleaning the shop

I learned how to install car starters, helped maintain car dealership contracts and install car stereo's. I also learned that my dedication to quality was recognized enough to be offered a couple of shop manager positions in less than 2 years.

Management was awesome, treated everyone like family

co-workers were always friendly an inviting.

the job was never really hard, everyone was willing to help make things easily understandable

every day was enjoyable at future shop
Wonderful Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 25, 2016
Before the final close of doors at future shop i really enjoyed my time there. the people i worked with made it a friendly and fun environment with a can do attitude.
Great staff,good environment.
Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible, opportunity to make a good salary
Cons: job security, not enough hours
A typical day at work is based entirely around interacting with customers and ensuring that they get the best product for their needs. Associates are pressured to hit targets for services such as computer setups and warranty programs.
Through my experience I've learned different ways of interacting with clients and increased my knowledge about computers and related products.
Management is fairly good but somewhat absent.
The staff at Future Shop is great. There is an excellent staff culture based on respect for one another and a willingness to help others succeed.
The most difficult part of the job is not getting enough hours to make a decent living. My hours have been cut from 5 days a week to 3 without notice.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with unique customers everyday. You get to meet interesting people and feel good about helping them get the right product.
Was a fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there while the store was open. The management was supportive as well as my fellow co-workers. I got to do something different and constructive everyday.
productive
Sales (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMarch 20, 2016
Pros: extras
Cons: not enough hours
good work enviroment.
alway training and learning
always moving
great meeting different people
always a different challenges
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have learned to cooperate with others and work as a team player. The environment is fast-paced therefore it provides a good learning environment.
an okay job for temporary work
Stock worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2016
this job was often dull and quiet. I was not able to communicate with customers and I rarely got too speak with other employees.
Sales Associate/Customer service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 6, 2016
The company was based on commission it was very competettive. It was a fast paced environment that dealt with electronics.
Comfortable place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free gym, Free Sauna - Great hours.
Cons: It shut down.
This place helped me with my physical health. I never worked out in a gym before I started working for this spa. And that is because the owner there motivated me to always the best in everything. I think she was a wonderful owner.
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), GTA, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Future shop was a great place to work and had great people, they had a great environment and overall treated their employees well.
Relaxing
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABFebruary 26, 2016
Sitting/ decorating
a lot about skin care
great
didnt have any
10 hour days
free stuff, and my relationship with my managers
Fast past, exciting, No 2 days were ever the same
Multi-Channel Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cambridge OntarioApril 10, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers, staff discount, exciting place to work
Cons: Some long hours, stock refresh slow at times.
A typical day at work was showing customers the latest and greatest technology available. I learned the differences between things like laptops, tv's, appliances and home theater products. As well as how to sell the correct product to the right customer. The management team was always up beat and fun to work with. They always ran the store in a professional way. Co-workers were also always a pleasure to work with. Rarely was there any issues between employees. The hardest part of my job was trying to sell to customers who had it in their head that they already knew more than you. And would blatantly tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see first hand new and exciting products before the consumer and getting hands on experience with it. As well as seeing a customer leave the store happy with what they purchased.
Future shop was a business that had a very strict and targeted policy for customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: very flexible with work hours
Cons: no longer in opperation
Working in customer serv. i would usually rotate between positions from cash, to returns, to greeting and back again. what i took from working here was how much each member of the team needed to be running to their best of their abilities, and if one was away or lacking in such an aspect, that we would always seek to improve the situation. if my peers ever slipped up i would make sure to help them realize their mistake and help them correct it. this applies for myself aswell, however rare the mistake, i would always recieve proper guidance towards the correct actions from my coworkers. the hardest part that i found was the ocational lack of customers, which left the team standing around, or to clean up while we had room and time for it. but by far, the best part of the job was working with my friends, and making new frindships along the way.
Commission based
Digital Imaging Sales Person (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: my department manager, department co-workers, educational
Cons: commission based salary, no job security
The store wanted more women as sales people, so they assigned me to sale Cameras, so i needed training. For 3 months it was an active training while selling products.

I learned all kinda of information about cameras, video cameras, and home phones.

The department manager was great, and really encouraging.
A new store manager was hired in when I was still in training, and I was the first of many he replaced with his own people from his old store.

My fellow co-workers in my department were really nice and encouraging, helpful when asked questions

The hardest part was the sales, I don't like pushing someone to buy an item. Sales were based on commissions the highest product made me the most money. My values couldn't co-exist with theirs, I didn't like convincing someone to buy a product