Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive sales oriented atmosphere and just one big family
Sales Consultant - Customer Sales Service Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 26, 2015
Always happy to go to work and spend time while learning and teaching and meeting new people with my second family/My work family!!! It was retail, and in retail you spend more time with staff than you do with family.
Pros
Long days that we called "Iron Man Days" and we were compensated with whatever free lunch we wanted, but with a $ cap
Cons
Holidays and special occasions always get interrupted but it was part of the job, but loved my Retail Family as well!
Fun Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsOctober 10, 2015
Fun atmosphere ,great place to work when you have a strong and right management team in place ,If working in commission it has great incentives.
Pros
Great Employee discounts, fun place to work around Technology.
Cons
No Job Security
Business shut down
Home Office Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 13, 2016
Due to lack of inbound customers traffic Company was shut down and hundreds of employees were sent home. Due to increased competition the company could not survive
Pros
A good learning of electronics
Cons
less than 24 hours a week for part timers
Decent sales training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Decent sales training. Flexible hours. sjdfajs asjdiasjdij ajdojasod ajsdojasod aosjdoaj ajksodjaos eoqj odejqonqw ijdiqowjd owjojqwn wjdiqw qowjoqw oqjwoj wqiqw knqwkn wqkjjqw
future shop
Sales Consultant (connected solution department) (Former Employee) –  Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
Thanks for the opportunity that was my first formal job, learnt and gained great experience with interpersonal skills and tech. knowledge there.
Lots of Experience, Bad Work Culture
Customer Service Rep. / Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at work is being treated poorly by co-workers and customers. I learned excellent customer service skills and how to save face in times of crisis. Management is disorganized. New managers are constantly being hired and, therefore, can't keep up the usual way things are run. This creates confusion and constant scheduling errors. Most enjoyable parts of the job are the paychecks and the satisfying feeling of helping out customers... even if some of them don't appreciate it.
Pros
salary + commission, experience
Cons
overtime, poor management, horrid customers
Close knit group
Mobile Sales Associate I (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Everybody was treated like family will provided the incentive to work as hard a possible. Everybody knew each other which made it easier to handle tough situations.
Summer job
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
Being a Merchandiser/Sales person at Future shop was a great experience. Having new challenges and goal to meet with great customer skills.
Pros
sales
Cons
summer job
Great place back in the day
Software Accessories Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 12, 2015
I worked for Future Shop for only a few months but when new management took over, my 38 hours a week turned into 16. I'm sure many turnovers since 2001 so this may be a useless review.
Pros
Great staff to work with and high moral
Cons
Lack of job security
fast paced work environment
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 9, 2016
Great for multitaskers, often was diagnosing computers at the test bench, offering phone support, and repairing/installing PCs inside the tech room.
i got nice people and team to work with, best customer satisfaction for customers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 15, 2016
i had a good time working there with a team. unfortunately future shop close down otherwise i would have kept working there. it was a nice place to work in a nice and friendly environment.
Pros
good team
Cons
some times hectic
positive hardworking environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Enjoyable working environment, management was straight forward and organized. Unfortunately I only had a chance to be seasonal staff at their location.
Tiresome
Commis à l'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 1, 2016
It was hard job
it was very tiresome
i had to move the product in the backstore, the warehouse. Heavy products.
I ahd to be there very ealry like 6AM
Respect
Operations Manager/ASM (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2016
You really only have one dream job and for me this was it. It will be difficult to find a replacement. I believe though it is what you make of it.
Wonderful Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 25, 2016
Before the final close of doors at future shop i really enjoyed my time there. the people i worked with made it a friendly and fun environment with a can do attitude.
Great staff,good environment.
Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day at work is based entirely around interacting with customers and ensuring that they get the best product for their needs. Associates are pressured to hit targets for services such as computer setups and warranty programs.
Through my experience I've learned different ways of interacting with clients and increased my knowledge about computers and related products.
Management is fairly good but somewhat absent.
The staff at Future Shop is great. There is an excellent staff culture based on respect for one another and a willingness to help others succeed.
The most difficult part of the job is not getting enough hours to make a decent living. My hours have been cut from 5 days a week to 3 without notice.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with unique customers everyday. You get to meet interesting people and feel good about helping them get the right product.
Pros
flexible, opportunity to make a good salary
Cons
job security, not enough hours
productive
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSMarch 20, 2016
good work enviroment.
alway training and learning
always moving
great meeting different people
always a different challenges
Pros
extras
Cons
not enough hours
Sales Associate/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 6, 2016
The company was based on commission it was very competettive. It was a fast paced environment that dealt with electronics.
an okay job for temporary work
Stock worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2016
this job was often dull and quiet. I was not able to communicate with customers and I rarely got too speak with other employees.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have learned to cooperate with others and work as a team player. The environment is fast-paced therefore it provides a good learning environment.