Future Shop Employee Reviews

Taches:
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 September 2016
Entretenir le magasin chaque jours! Faire et modifier les prix! Décharger le camion dans un certain lapse de temps!) Faire les rénovation du magasin de nuit et de jours!
Pros
pauses courtes mais il y en a plusieurs
fs
Centralized Recruiter for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
good place to work, they promote people if theyre good. so make sure u work haqrde and stay in touch with the managers. good stepping stone
Was a great place to work
Service Depot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
Great place to work. Filled with many opportunities. Too bad it is gone now. The owner was excellent before being bought by Best Buy
It was fun... But in the end...
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 August 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company.... But I did get to meet a handful of decent people, I saw cool gadgets and the staff discount was to die for!
Pros
Discounts & People
Cons
What they did
Compensation
Geek Squad Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 October 2015
Compensated based on you performance. Pretty simple; If you under perform you do not make money. If you perform than you will make money.
Benefits were second to none.
Pros
Staff Purchase, Pay, Environment
Cons
Company is closed....
opportunity to grow and make day to day decisions in a company with culture
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 May 2015
meet new people each day and help them with any opportunities they may have and educate them on new products that we carried and introduce them to a whole new world on the WEB. Being empowered to make the decisions for customer service resolutions rather than having to always ask someone else. Working with a constant changing staff and finding ways to help each other to grow. Hardest part of the job, saying goodbye to seasonal employees and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and finding ways to help them.
Pros
benefits and staff discounts
High Pressure Sales
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 May 2016
Future Shop was a commission only job and you were required to make your comission quota's. If you did not meet those standards it would be encouraged for you to leave or choose a different path. Some people were suspicious of other people stealing sales and or accusing people of stealing sales. Although, overall, the co-workers were pleasant and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
high pressure
Fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2016
Fun and engaging workplace and consistently looking for ways to improve labour costs without impacting the customer experience.
Excellentl place to work!
Merchandiser/Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 August 2016
Great staff and great people in general with whom i worked with. Attention to detail was key in this job and really helped me going forward with my future endeavors
Amazing place to work over all especially with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
I worked for Future Shop for almost 12 yrs and enjoyed ever moment. Of course there were some ups and downs as far as sales however overall it was enjoyable
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Christmas season can be a little draining.
Goal oriented and a fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 March 2015
If anyone ever asked me what motivates me I would tell them 2 things right away: Money and the smile of satisfaction from the client that I have served at my workplace. At future shop I have learned my ways of achieving my goals and objectives with a huge smile on my face throughout the entire day. The manager was always helpful with me and he appreciated me and my work even more when I used to cross my sales target everyday of my entire 1 year at Future Shop. The best part of working at Future Shop was that I could earn my own salary by selling products and services to my clients and earn a decent amount of pay check. I loved to work there and I know for a fact that I will carry my sales experience towards a better place next time and perform at the highest standard because Future Shop has helped me to develop my potential and skills.
Pros
Make money through each sale
Cons
Have to sale warranties with any given product
Great staff,good environment.
Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2014
A typical day at work is based entirely around interacting with customers and ensuring that they get the best product for their needs. Associates are pressured to hit targets for services such as computer setups and warranty programs.
Through my experience I've learned different ways of interacting with clients and increased my knowledge about computers and related products.
Management is fairly good but somewhat absent.
The staff at Future Shop is great. There is an excellent staff culture based on respect for one another and a willingness to help others succeed.
The most difficult part of the job is not getting enough hours to make a decent living. My hours have been cut from 5 days a week to 3 without notice.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with unique customers everyday. You get to meet interesting people and feel good about helping them get the right product.
Pros
Flexible, opportunity to make a good salary
Cons
Job security, not enough hours
Productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario17 August 2015
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
Pros
good compensation
Work place enviroment
Sales Associate, Home Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2016
Enjoyed the people that i worked with. Our input mattered in terms of all aspects of the Business.Customer service was my number one priority. Trained and managed new staff on occasion. We were driven to exceed in our goals.I improved my skills over the course of my time with the company.
Pros
Overall a great place to work.
Cons
None.
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Assist in helping clients discover and solve problems that the computer may be experiencing or problems that the clients have with their product. Help customers setup and install programs that customers want on their computers when they buy a new product.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
bad work envirnoment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 September 2015
Terrible work environment with no benefits what so ever. there is no body to help you must of the time. customer service is terrible. people are not friendly.
Pros
breaks.
Cons
where to begin. Terrible hours, bad work environment, long daunting hours. so much more.
Commission based
Digital Imaging Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2013
The store wanted more women as sales people, so they assigned me to sale Cameras, so i needed training. For 3 months it was an active training while selling products.

I learned all kinda of information about cameras, video cameras, and home phones.

The department manager was great, and really encouraging.
A new store manager was hired in when I was still in training, and I was the first of many he replaced with his own people from his old store.

My fellow co-workers in my department were really nice and encouraging, helpful when asked questions

The hardest part was the sales, I don't like pushing someone to buy an item. Sales were based on commissions the highest product made me the most money. My values couldn't co-exist with theirs, I didn't like convincing someone to buy a product
Pros
my department manager, department co-workers, educational
Cons
commission based salary, no job security
Fun and engaging workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 May 2015
Excellent company to work for, fun, exciting and productivity rewarded salary. The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
Pros
Employee Purchase Plan
Cons
Inconsistent sales traffic
Future Shop is a great place to develop new social skills and confidence, but with flaws in managment execution .
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, Kingsway23 August 2013
Future Shop is known for it's great customer service and product knowledge experts. It has taught me the values on how to grow as an associate within the company and become a role model to fellow employees. It's also helped me develop my personality when interacting with customers and to fully understand there needs.

Although there have been many strong assets that go along with the job, I found that the management at my particular store would under value and alienate certain individuals in particular departments.This has helped me learned from challenge and change within the work place and make me stronger through diversity.
Pros
Friendly environment, interact with people, fast paced, good benefits
Cons
inconsistant hours, managment neglecting employee's needs
n/a
Cell Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2016
After working for Future shop for 5 years
i have learned alot ,i have improved on my skills ,specially Sales skill and customer service skills