Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, enjoyable and clean workplace.
Merchandising (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Very supportive co-workers and supervisors, also an enjoyable and nice workplace. Would love to work in the same environment where everyone is friendly and helpful, encouraging and patient.
fun loving environment n flexible hours
Appliances Trainee (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Learning n executing sales associate skills n learning in depth about the products, good leadership skills,learning leadership skills
Was a fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there while the store was open. The management was supportive as well as my fellow co-workers. I got to do something different and constructive everyday.
fun, friendly
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
stressful regarding return and exchange the product.
poor management., new challenges everyday , new things to be learned
productive and busy for me as a tech
Senior Car Electronic Installer (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 25, 2015
Nothing really to complain about, it was a positive overall experience. I enjoyed the management and structure I worked with.
Compensation
Geek Squad Manager (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: Staff Purchase, Pay, Environment
Cons: Company is closed....
Compensated based on you performance. Pretty simple; If you under perform you do not make money. If you perform than you will make money.
Benefits were second to none.
Annual picnis were fun
Product expert (Former Employee), Trinity common BramptonOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Staff discounts
Cons: Company had to close down
It was a great place to work until they closed down on the 26th of
March 2015.
We had full benefits, staff discounts. Training every month. Perks for the best employee.
It was fun to work with all our team. We all worked as a one family
Fun Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Multiple locationsOctober 10, 2015
Pros: Great Employee discounts, fun place to work around Technology.
Cons: No Job Security
Fun atmosphere ,great place to work when you have a strong and right management team in place ,If working in commission it has great incentives.
possitive place great people
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABOctober 8, 2015
Pros: always up to date on the latest tech. and a preaty good discount
Cons: i was only seasonal
any negativity can be acceptable on account of the great people, and friendly / fun environment. any bad day I had or bad mood I was in would be gone by the time I was done my shift.
Great overall
Sales associate, Product processor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Great sales experience
Cons: scheduled is not set
Sales where extremely big as it was a commission based job, therefore the training you receive is excellent. You learn more about customer satisfaction and closing a deal than you do about the actual product.
Great place to work, enjoyed my time there
In-Home Technician (Former Employee), Sydney, Nova ScotiaSeptember 30, 2015
I really have no complaints with the is company, I enjoyed my time off, but was laid off when the moved to Best Buy. I was their in home technician and really enjoyed meeting new customers and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Store closed
ConnectPro In-home Service Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Was a nice place to work while it lasted. Many opportunities to move around in the company. A great place to practice customer service skills and work with talented people. Thanks for the memories!
bad work envirnoment
sales associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Pros: breaks.
Cons: where to begin. Terrible hours, bad work environment, long daunting hours. so much more.
Terrible work environment with no benefits what so ever. there is no body to help you must of the time. customer service is terrible. people are not friendly.
valuable work experince
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), North YorkSeptember 25, 2015
Hardest part of this job is during boxing-day every year. The lesson I learned from this job is the implementation meaning of my major. My co-workers are very easy going. The most enjoyable part of this job is co-workers became friends and do every major task together.
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: commission flexible schedule lots of free knowledge
Cons: base salary
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them. As a sales associate I learned from day one through 2 full days of training great sales basics and had many trainings through my 3 years. Lots of fun getting to know your client face to face and selling them a full package while maintaining a great margin.
New Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2015
When I first get to work, I would go to the PC section of the shop to make sure all the PC's are turned on and working properly. Then I would report to my supervisor and see what task I would be assigned to do that day. Everyday I would greet my supervisor and my co-workers.
it was very good place to start working for new citizens
Senior Technical Support Expert (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2015
it was my first job in Canada and learned a lot from this place, people were very nice and over all it was a wonderful experience.
Decent student job
Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pointe-ClaireSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Bonuses on sales
Cons: Monotone work
Support from management, decent hours but poor salary unless you can sell a large volume of items and service plans. Some frustration when it comes to having demo electronics that don't work and can't be used to show clients the products.
Great place back in the day
Software Accessories Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Great staff to work with and high moral
Cons: Lack of job security
I worked for Future Shop for only a few months but when new management took over, my 38 hours a week turned into 16. I'm sure many turnovers since 2001 so this may be a useless review.
Future Shop
Manager on Duty, Sales Consultant, Merchandiser (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCSeptember 1, 2015
Futureshop was one of the most friendly environments I have worked for, I have learned a lot from futureshop such as stocking shelves to managing sales staff and helping them out with daily struggles with customers or themselves having problems being able to preform above and beyond for the customer and making it a unforgettable experience for both my staff and customers.