Future Shop Employee Reviews

Fun place
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2016
- great co-workers
- amazing management
- management took care of the employees ( flexible with hours)
- rewarded with company shares
- could move from department to department
- promotions within the company
Pros
Flexible and benefits
Microsoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
- Selling and promoting products
- How to make clients feel good on what they are about to perchase
- Promoting new products
- Friendly
- random raging clients
- meeting new people
Computer maintenance and repair
Geek Squad (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 June 2016
When customers brought their computers to us I would take them in and take notes on what each computer and laptop need to have done to them to correct the computer issue at the time. I would then repair or do maintenance on each unit assigned to me whether it virus removal , computer tune up or hardware repair. I would then return the computer unit to the customer explaining what was done to their unit and then complete the process by completing the payment process and returning the computer to the customer.
tres bon experience
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC10 January 2017
Bon travail, meilleur experience de ma vie a a vendre dans un tel magasin...decu de la fermeture.
Pros
bon environment
Cons
il y en a pas
Was a great place to work
Service Depot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
Great place to work. Filled with many opportunities. Too bad it is gone now. The owner was excellent before being bought by Best Buy
Electronics!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  1825 victoria ave e (store closed down)15 June 2016
-Arrive at work ready to sale, get on the floor and start hepling and selling. sometimes I had to do a little customer service for people with questions over the phone and in need of explanations.
-I learned many different ways of selling to all types of people, i mainly spent my down-time keeping myself up to date on the latest, and learning some of the oldest hardware. or cleaning and stocking shelves
-I worked with some of the best people i'll ever meet.
-The hardest part of my job besides leaving it(from it shutting down) was not being able to answer a customers question
-The most enjoyable part of my job was the people i worked with, the attitudes and experiences were great and i would probably work there again part time during school if they were still open.
Pros
Electronic discounts!
Taches:
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 September 2016
Entretenir le magasin chaque jours! Faire et modifier les prix! Décharger le camion dans un certain lapse de temps!) Faire les rénovation du magasin de nuit et de jours!
Pros
pauses courtes mais il y en a plusieurs
One of the best job to work at
Merchandiser/ Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
You'll be kept busy for most of the day, but you learn a lot. Co-workers are friendly and they always look out for you, giving you advice and keeping it real with you.
It was fun... But in the end...
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 August 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company.... But I did get to meet a handful of decent people, I saw cool gadgets and the staff discount was to die for!
Pros
Discounts & People
Cons
What they did
High Pressure Sales
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 May 2016
Future Shop was a commission only job and you were required to make your comission quota's. If you did not meet those standards it would be encouraged for you to leave or choose a different path. Some people were suspicious of other people stealing sales and or accusing people of stealing sales. Although, overall, the co-workers were pleasant and always willing to help when needed.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
high pressure
Fun environment with good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
No day was the same but you continuously improve the store appearance for the customer and employee's, while receiving and stocking the shelves to ensure popular products are always in stock and shipping defective or call backs. Learned a lot about time management, teamwork, customer service, communication and inventory management.
Fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2016
Fun and engaging workplace and consistently looking for ways to improve labour costs without impacting the customer experience.
Work place enviroment
Sales Associate, Home Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2016
Enjoyed the people that i worked with. Our input mattered in terms of all aspects of the Business.Customer service was my number one priority. Trained and managed new staff on occasion. We were driven to exceed in our goals.I improved my skills over the course of my time with the company.
Pros
Overall a great place to work.
Cons
None.
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Assist in helping clients discover and solve problems that the computer may be experiencing or problems that the clients have with their product. Help customers setup and install programs that customers want on their computers when they buy a new product.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
Great people made the job so awesome
Multi-Channel Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2016
The co-workers made the job so great as well as management. The hardest part of the job was resisting the urge to buy stuff every day. I learned plenty of things from my managers and fellow coworkers. I learned leadership skills, administrative skills, sales skills, and organizational skills. It was a great place to work. Customers were great, it was a fun environment.
Pros
Discounts on products, BBQ's, team building exercises, sports competitions, Christmas parties
Cons
Sales targets
Overall: Good
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 June 2016
Good place to work. Awesome commission. Not commission anymore since it changed to Best Buy.

General Manager was sleeping with the girls at the Sarnia Location and got fired for it. It was overall poor management.
Pros
Lunch room, commission, passion
Cons
Poor management, no room for better employment
Fun, Friendly, happy enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB16 May 2016
I loved the hours I worked, it was Monday to Friday with Fridays being earlier work time and earlier getting off. I would unload trucks and make sure all the spots in the store were full. I would fill out the paper work and would give it to the truck drivers. I would do count in the morning and count items to make sure the numbers were right in the inventory. Fix isles to make them look great and do planograms to the correct way the store would want it. Change the daily price tags to correct sale price. On Tuesdays I would take out the new releases and set them up. I would do carry outs for customers, and make sure their needs were met. I would also be the person the other employees looked for if they needed some help. I learned how to use the computer software there and how to be a leader.
Genuinely one of the best times of my life.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 June 2016
A typical day at work for me was getting to talk to people about computers, games and accessories for those things. It was one of my dream jobs.

I learned that there is such a thing as moving upwards. Something to look forward to. Knowing what I needed to know and making sure that if I didn't - I passed the customer along to someone that did.

My Co-workers were some of the best friends I'd ever met. We were able to talk to each other outside of work and have a good time when not around the workplace and functioned just as well within the workplace.

The hardest part of the job, was knowing whether or not the customer I'd deal with would have a question I could answer or couldn't answer. My biggest fear, was not knowing something.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was being surrounded by people that loved what they were doing and that helped me to love what I was doing in the process.
Excellentl place to work!
Merchandiser/Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 August 2016
Great staff and great people in general with whom i worked with. Attention to detail was key in this job and really helped me going forward with my future endeavors
Access to the latest consumer technology
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 May 2016
As a technician, having first hand, hands on experience with new consumer technology was like Christmas came early (on a regular basis). That was the experience at Future Shop, especially after CES.

Future Shop sharpened my technical knowledge, diagnosing, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of computer systems and peripheral devices .We were faced with new and ever so weird issues all the time. Some not so technical while others were. The amalgamation of different people and personalities from the tech savvy to tech inept, from the rich to the poor, from the nice to the not so nice customers, helped to hone and strengthen my consumer service skills.
Pros
Play with new tech

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Future Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

66%