Future Shop Employee Reviews

Best Place to work!
Customer Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Working at Future Shop was the best. Everyone got along and worked great together! The management knew how to motivate you to do better everyday.
Pros
Cons
Closed down
Fun environment with good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
No day was the same but you continuously improve the store appearance for the customer and employee's, while receiving and stocking the shelves to ensure popular products are always in stock and shipping defective or call backs. Learned a lot about time management, teamwork, customer service, communication and inventory management.
Work place enviroment
Sales Associate, Home Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
Enjoyed the people that i worked with. Our input mattered in terms of all aspects of the Business.Customer service was my number one priority. Trained and managed new staff on occasion. We were driven to exceed in our goals.I improved my skills over the course of my time with the company.
Pros
Overall a great place to work.
Cons
None.
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Assist in helping clients discover and solve problems that the computer may be experiencing or problems that the clients have with their product. Help customers setup and install programs that customers want on their computers when they buy a new product.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
Fun Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsOctober 10, 2015
Fun atmosphere ,great place to work when you have a strong and right management team in place ,If working in commission it has great incentives.
Pros
Great Employee discounts, fun place to work around Technology.
Cons
No Job Security
It was fun... But in the end...
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 28, 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company.... But I did get to meet a handful of decent people, I saw cool gadgets and the staff discount was to die for!
Pros
Discounts & People
Cons
What they did
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 9, 2016
The typical day of at work stocking shelf's. I learned to do scan products into the computer. learned good time management skills. The co-workers were friendly. the hardest part of the job working with so many people. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning computer systems
Pros
Good lunch breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
Excellentl place to work!
Merchandiser/Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 9, 2016
Great staff and great people in general with whom i worked with. Attention to detail was key in this job and really helped me going forward with my future endeavors
Productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
One of the best job to work at
Merchandiser/ Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
You'll be kept busy for most of the day, but you learn a lot. Co-workers are friendly and they always look out for you, giving you advice and keeping it real with you.
Company no longer in business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 25, 2016
This company is no longer in business.

Although my time here was excellent and allowed me to really develop my skills in leadership and management.
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Pros
Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons
Cut throat
Fun and productive environment
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  325 Yonge Street, M5B 1R7, Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Being one of the busiest retail stores in the downtown core, we are constantly bombarded with customers who have specific needs and requirements, the purpose of our jobs was to ensure that the customer left the store happy. A typical day at work starts with inventory in the morning, making sure all the stations and tills are spotless, and making sure to print out daily prices to make sure the customer got the best deal. There is a very specific culture that is unique to FS, with so many different personalities it may be at times be cumbersome to navigate; but the the crew always works as one unit, pushing each other to ensure that we were all productive all the time.
Pros
big screen tv in lounge, dental benefits for part-time associates, flexible work environment
Cons
no job security
Amazing place to work over all especially with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
I worked for Future Shop for almost 12 yrs and enjoyed ever moment. Of course there were some ups and downs as far as sales however overall it was enjoyable
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Christmas season can be a little draining.
Productive and fun work place with tons of perks
Elite Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2016
Great Company to work for with great value and benefits, amazing training program for growth and development.
Pros
Commsion
Cons
too much politic
Fun Place To Work
ConnectPro Lead AutoTech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2016
Learn new things everyday, get to see and use new tech. Strong sence of responsibility but work long hours sometimes open to close everyday.
fs
Centralized Recruiter for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 7, 2016
good place to work, they promote people if theyre good. so make sure u work haqrde and stay in touch with the managers. good stepping stone
n/a
Cell Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2016
After working for Future shop for 5 years
i have learned alot ,i have improved on my skills ,specially Sales skill and customer service skills
It was a well managed workplace
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 11, 2016
It was a good place to work in because the management was exceptional. They had a high standard and we were expected to meet them.