Future Shop

Future Shop Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Seasonal job
Sales Consultant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONJanuary 6, 2015
it was fun working here as I gained more practical knowledge in dealing with customers
Fun and productive environment
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), 325 Yonge Street, M5B 1R7, Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: big screen tv in lounge, dental benefits for part-time associates, flexible work environment
Cons: no job security
Being one of the busiest retail stores in the downtown core, we are constantly bombarded with customers who have specific needs and requirements, the purpose of our jobs was to ensure that the customer left the store happy. A typical day at work starts with inventory in the morning, making sure all the stations and tills are spotless, and making sure to print out daily prices to make sure the customer got the best deal. There is a very specific culture that is unique to FS, with so many different personalities it may be at times be cumbersome to navigate; but the the crew always works as one unit, pushing each other to ensure that we were all productive all the time.
Challenge and Change
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 6, 2015
I worked for Future Shop for 10 years starting out as a Seasonal Cashier and worked my way through many positions including Entertainment Manager. Future Shop allowed me to learn and enhanced skills when dealing with Customer Service based employment.
Not a very exciting place to work.
Home theatre Installation Technician (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 4, 2015
People driving by money rather than passion creates a false sense of pride. The company was not all that pleasant to work for.

However, I loved the work I did day to day and since leaving still do it on my own.
FUTURE SHOP - Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Brampton (Airport Road)January 4, 2015
Pros: got training for appliances and televisions from company representatives (lg, samsung, sony, bosch etc)
Answering customer inquiries regarding the product they need, and converting those inquiries into sales.
Got good knowledge about home appliances (washers/dryers, Refrigerators, dishwashers) & televisions and audio products (home theatres, sound-bars, headphones etc)
A disciplined management and friendly co-workers who made the whole working environment favourable for new personal.
Fun work place
product process (Former Employee), Brandon, MBDecember 24, 2014
Learned how to merchandise, my co worker are very good and taught me much about store and product keeping.
Excellent sales experience obtained!
Product Specialist (Former Employee), OttawaDecember 11, 2014
Future Shop is one of the best retail stores to obtain sales training from. Their sales culture really focuses on numbers and sales techniques which some people may find a negative thing. I personally learned a great deal about sales and my people skills went up significantly. I'm now a very confident, easy going communicator who is not afraid to ask for the sale!
Six years enjoyed working with Future Shop
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 1, 2014
Have Fun While Being The Best,
Enjoyed every moment with a positive approach and positive attitude, and I was successful in every ways.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), whitby, ontarioNovember 27, 2014
In a typical day at work I would process sales and returns. Send out items for repair or process an exchange over the counter. I would greet customers and build rapport to ensure they were customers for life. I learned a great deal about working in a fast-paced environment and how to work as a leader within a team. My co-workers were great people to work with. The best part of the job was the satisfaction I received when I provided exceptional customer service. The hardest part of the job was that there were certain times during the year when business was slow.
It was fine.
Night Stocker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 16, 2014
Pros: quiet because it was after hours.
Cons: was only a term job.
Good co-workers, required lots of strength. It was a 6 week term job.
My typical day was removing stock from shelves, moving shelves and restocking shelves to planogram.
Retail Store
Geek Squad Field Agent II (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 14, 2014
Pros: new technology
Cons: long hours
Good Company, a Retail Company

If you love to sell, this is the company
Enjoyable and competitive
Sales/Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee), North Bay ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: lack of hours
Commission salary can be both good and bad. Fun and simple tasks.
What you learned
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 9, 2014
At Future Shop I learn about the team work. Teamwork is generally understood as the willingness of a group of people to work together to achieve a common aim. For example we often use the phrase:” he or she is a good team player”. This means someone has the interests of the team at heart, working for the good of the team.
An enjoyable and fun place to work, and really advance your knowledge of tech.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie, ONOctober 23, 2014
Pros: fantastic staff discount, and fantastic people to work with
Cons: unchallenging job
A typical day at work would start with a staff meeting, then everybody would go to their positions. The staff meetings were humorous and informative. Management was always great, and The people you meet and work with were equally nice.
Very stable company
Merchandiser/Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioOctober 19, 2014
good company to work for. no room to grow within company.can be very stressful
fun place to work
Operation Manager/ sales manager (Current Employee), north yorkOctober 17, 2014
Pros: love the people
Cons: politics
Its a great experience, fun place to work in and lots to learn.
The typical day is all sales. Co-workers are amazing.
District level is very political
Customer Service
SALES CONSULTANT - HOME SOLUTIONS (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 16, 2014
 Experience in electronics merchandising and selling consumer electronics products.
 In-depth knowledge of effective problem-solving to resolve any electronics consumers concerns.
 Ability to gain a working knowledge of merchandise system.
 Greeted all customers and provided excellent customer service.
 Maintained an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
 Assisted in maintaining, merchandising and housekeeping.
 Processed, refilled and monitored floor stock.
 Demonstrated effective communication when interacting with customers, co-workers and managers.
 Follow-up with customers after date of purchase which includes call-backs and thank-you cards
Lots of Experience, Bad Work Culture
Customer Service Rep. / Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: salary + commission, experience
Cons: overtime, poor management, horrid customers
A typical day at work is being treated poorly by co-workers and customers. I learned excellent customer service skills and how to save face in times of crisis. Management is disorganized. New managers are constantly being hired and, therefore, can't keep up the usual way things are run. This creates confusion and constant scheduling errors. Most enjoyable parts of the job are the paychecks and the satisfying feeling of helping out customers... even if some of them don't appreciate it.
Awesome fun while being the best
Senior Customer Service Specialist/Sales (Current Employee), North YorkOctober 11, 2014
Pros: amazing staff discounts
Cons: under appreciated
When I walk into the front doors at future shop, I am greeted by very warm and friend staff. I know from the moment that i enter that regardless of all the customer related issues that might arise, It will be a fun filled day. Working in customer service, I learned to develop patience not only with others around me, but with myself as well. Some days it requires more patience then others. Generally on a typical day, I try my absolute best to learn as much from my managers and senior staff around me. Possibly the hardest part in a day is when there is minimal coverage at the desks and while I am capable of taking care of the toughest issues, I myself cannot succeed alone. Working in a strong team is extremely important in this position. We all rely on each other to maintain a quality of service that when compared to other big box retailers, is far superior. This is also where my enjoyment from this position stems from. I am eager to learn more and deal with ever tougher challenges. It gives immense satisfaction to know that an issue that seemed quite difficult to resolve to someone else, was made easy through my assistance.
Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 9, 2014
Exciting place to work with Quotas to meet. Sometimes the Environment can be a little negative with regards to competition between employees

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more

Future Shop Photos