Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, Fast-Paced, Problem Solving, Learn New Things Everyday
Operations (Former Employee), OntarioJune 23, 2015
Future Shop was always a great place to work. It had always offered great opportunity to continue growth whether it was by moving up within the ranks or learning on how to better yourself within the position that you are in. Most of all it always felt like a very close knit family oriented environment. Endless support from all aspects of the business regardless position and rank, the entire team was always united as one.
Fun and productive enviorment
Geek Squad Agent/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), White Rock, BCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good management, Friendly coworkers
Cons: Low wage, No benefits, no advancement
Typical day included assisting various customers with technical issues. Providing customers with efficient ways of payment. Assisting clients with credit card applications.
Huge work crew that were always fun to engage in conversation
Home Theater Installer (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJune 12, 2015
-Installed home theater equipment into peoples homes
-Some of the coolest co-workers I had ever worked with.
-Management was solid and always had time for your questions/concerns
Great job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 2, 2015
Pros: Money, Management, Co-workers, Sales
Great job all around. Had the opportunity to make tons of money on the commission structure. Only negatives were that at some parts of the year it could get extremely busy and you were required to work more hours, which wasn't always the best if you are a student.
fun at work
Product Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
- flexible hours
- met a diverse group of customers and learnt their lifestyles
- got to work with employees with different cultures
- garnered great product knowledge
- great incentives on good performance
- great benefits
- excellent work place ethics and excellent customer focused working environment
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2015
- A typical day at work would start with a very positive attitude as you enter the work place. The sales cycle would typically start with approaching a customer, greeting the customer, professional self-introduction, understanding the customer by asking life style questions including questions on usage, who would be using the products, the lighting environment in the viewing area etc.., explaining the different product options and technologies involved, recommending the right product given the customer's needs and requirements, ensure complete solution and customer satisfaction and finally providing – more... customer with excellent after sales support and service.
- The job gave great insight into time management, perseverance, honing customer negotiating skills, problem solving techniques, understanding customer trends better, sales closing techniques.
- The management and co-workers were very supportive and worked as a team to achieve department and store sales targets and company objectives.
- The job experience has been consistently motivating, part of "have fun while being the best" attitude which made even the hardest situation while on the sale floor fun to deal with and with full professionalism involved. The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving full satisfaction in knowing that the customer not only got the best deal possible with the right products but also well taken care of in terms of excellent after sales support consistent with "customer for life" iideology. – less
Great Place, Great People
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2015
I learned how to interact with customers in a sales driven workplace. It was the most fun I've had a job in awhile. The most enjoyable part was how management approached dealing with problems. For example, if they thought I was lacking in sales, they would give me tips and tricks to increase my numbers. They made work feel fun, not like a chore.
Forced to sell
Sales of Computer and Peripherals (Former Employee), variety storesMay 26, 2015
Future shop was not an ideal carrier and neither accountable. Poor management and lots expectation from associates. Selling goods was an obligation in order to secure your job. No matter what attitude or language you use.
Great workplace with amazing colleagues and work ethics
Entertainment, CSR and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly and caring environment
Cons: Not enough hours
Working with Future Shop has allowed me to evolve as a person and to better understand the needs of other people. Great work experience with amazing colleagues who work together to achieve company goals.
FS was a great money making Opportunity with great employees.
Assisting Management-Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Kamloops, B.C.May 15, 2015
Pros: Working with great people, and the latest Technology.
Cons: Inconsistant work shifts.
I had been employed over the past 5 years with the Best Buy corporation. During that time, A typical day at work would include printing all required sales tools and sales targets. Maintaining our work area, which included cleaning, front facing, pricing and merchandizing.

While at future Shop, everyone was encouraged to have product knowledge in multiple departments and if interested, a floor management roll. I am always eager to take on new challenges to help reach personal and company goals. My objectives included, Setting and exceeding sales targets, as well as helping other colleagues and departments improve their customer service and sales abilities.

Some challenges included working with others who may not have the same enthusiasm for clean and merchandised areas. However, finding ways to motivate them was part of my objective to help hit all targets as a team.

Sharing sales techniques with friends at work as well as listening to any sales advise they offered was my most enjoyable experience. Being open to constructive criticism and having applied the best practices of others lead me to the success's I enjoyed during my time at Future Shop.
opportunity to grow and make day to day decisions in a company with culture
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), London, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: benefits and staff discounts
meet new people each day and help them with any opportunities they may have and educate them on new products that we carried and introduce them to a whole new world on the WEB. Being empowered to make the decisions for customer service resolutions rather than having to always ask someone else. Working with a constant changing staff and finding ways to help each other to grow. Hardest part of the job, saying goodbye to seasonal employees and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and finding ways to help them.
Job is a job
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: Received an income
Cons: Not an enjoyable work enviornment
I started working here while I was in school as a part time job. I needed the money to pay for tuition and for my daily needs to sustain an independent living. Only complain I had is the management and the way the went about pushing employees to force services to customers.
Productive Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Staff discount on electronics is an amazing perk
Cons: A lot of pressure to sell their warranty
Greeting customers, assisting them to find the best electronic product/service that suites their needs.

Team work, improvement in CSR
Management was good
Co-workers were very co-eperative

handling tough customers was sometime hard
Engaging and fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great associates and managers
Cons: Angry and outrageous customers
Great environment and place to work for, enjoyed working there and learned alot during my time there. It was the best place to work!
knowledge center
SALES - CELL SHOP & COMPUTERS (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: boss would buy us lunch or supper once a week
started off the morning with weekly promotions and new telecom available.

learn alot about different types of telecom and companies .

co workers were the best always happy and ready to help customers out .
Enjoyable Workplace
Product Process Associate, Entertainment Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great People
I was honored to be given the opportunity to work at Futureshop and enjoyed working with a team of hardworking and fun individuals. Management was very good and I had a blast getting to know them and establishing relationships. Customer satisfaction was the number one priority and responsibility. I learned many skills and some of these skills took time to get a hand of but were essential to the job and made our lives easier. Best part of the job was truck days when inventory came in and we worked as a team to put away product. Hardest part of the job was probably learning to send out write-offs but I got the hang of it but lucky the task was done as a duo.
Great workplace with great people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Timmins OntarioMay 9, 2015
Pros: commission, great promotion, great discount, awesome staff
Loved going in, wanted to work the days i was not scheduled, appliance training, product knowledge, great staff, loved working
Fun and engaging workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: Employee Purchase Plan
Cons: Inconsistent sales traffic
Excellent company to work for, fun, exciting and productivity rewarded salary. The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
fun workplace
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: extra breaks
Cons: long hours
Everyday was same, but the good part was my co-workers and the workplace environment which was always live.
I did encounter some stressful situations but ended up in solving them.
productive and fun
Sales, Cash, Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 6, 2015
Gained a lot of customer service and Cashier experience. Enjoyed working there and interacting with the other employees, good hours and very flexible.

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more