Future Shop Employee Reviews

Friendly staff and friendly management.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 October 2016
I would generally just ring through customer orders, help out with bigger items, and help sales associates with their customers. Here I have learned how to work and close a till. My co-workers felt more like a big family of friends, and our manager were responsible but still very cool people. The hardest part of the job was pretty much anything to do with the cellshop, such as PSP exchanges, the order in which you had to follow steps was very complicated, and I tended to struggle with this the most out of anything. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in an atmosphere of people I could talk to about our similar technological interests, this is what I enjoy in a work place.
Pros
Friendly people, unstressful managers
Cons
standing in one area for too long
Great Workplace with Great people
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 September 2016
a typical day at work can be stressful. the learned information varies from price checks to equipment checks to ethical customer service,
Great management and coworkers. hardest part of the job would be memorizing all the chronological tasks. Most enjoyable part was customer service.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun place
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2016
- great co-workers
- amazing management
- management took care of the employees ( flexible with hours)
- rewarded with company shares
- could move from department to department
- promotions within the company
Pros
Flexible and benefits
Fun Place To Work
ConnectPro Lead AutoTech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
Learn new things everyday, get to see and use new tech. Strong sence of responsibility but work long hours sometimes open to close everyday.
One of the best job to work at
Merchandiser/ Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
You'll be kept busy for most of the day, but you learn a lot. Co-workers are friendly and they always look out for you, giving you advice and keeping it real with you.
Taches:
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 September 2016
Entretenir le magasin chaque jours! Faire et modifier les prix! Décharger le camion dans un certain lapse de temps!) Faire les rénovation du magasin de nuit et de jours!
Pros
pauses courtes mais il y en a plusieurs
Based on the department, you need to service the customers based on their needs and sell warranty on applicable products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC8 September 2016
a lot of times, you need to do the stucking
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
flat wage
fs
Centralized Recruiter for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
good place to work, they promote people if theyre good. so make sure u work haqrde and stay in touch with the managers. good stepping stone
Amazing place to work at.
MANAGER ON DUTY (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Learned a lot about retail culture and operations. Was exposed to different styles of management over my 7 year tenure, Co-worker were amazing, wonderful people to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with extremely difficult customers. Loved working there and will definitely miss it.
Pros
Fun environment, always get to work with new tech
Cons
Too much pressure at times
Excellent hours
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 August 2016
The work is very productive with excellent job opportunities for younger generations. Learned how to add electors to polls. Learned excellent time management skills. the hardest part of the day was learning to deal with certain customers with long names. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
free hours
Cons
long working experience.
It was fun... But in the end...
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 August 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company.... But I did get to meet a handful of decent people, I saw cool gadgets and the staff discount was to die for!
Pros
Discounts & People
Cons
What they did
Fast paced, but great sales environmrnt
Cellular product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2016
I learned a lot about sales in Futureshop. It was commission base, and fast paced. Great money and a lot of nice people willing to always help you on the sales floor. However it was a bit sharky because of the commission style selling, a lot of competition and daily personal budgets to be made. Overall great company to work for, before they all closed down
Great job that allows you to have fun while still on the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON16 August 2016
Working for the company is great. They care alot about customer service and really take into consideration their client reviews and ways to go about improving.
Pros
Flexible with schedules, cares about their clients, works to be the best
Cons
Hard to move up within the company.
Excellentl place to work!
Merchandiser/Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 August 2016
Great staff and great people in general with whom i worked with. Attention to detail was key in this job and really helped me going forward with my future endeavors
Cell Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2016
After working for Future shop for 5 years
i have learned alot ,i have improved on my skills ,specially Sales skill and customer service skills
audio installation
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 July 2016
-installed stereo systems
-helped install remote starters
-helped customers choose the best products for their budget
Fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2016
Mcdonalds was a fun work place the crew got along well. Some nights are so busy you have to stay and work longer without rebuttal.
Productive and fun work place with tons of perks
Elite Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
Great Company to work for with great value and benefits, amazing training program for growth and development.
Pros
Commsion
Cons
too much politic
Thought I was selling computers...
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2016
I went into the job with the title "Computer Salesmen" however after training it really felt like "Warrenty Salesmen" cause that really all I was selling. This job was not one of my favorites for sure, I was disappointed to now be selling something I myself wouldn't buy but I tried to move past that and just be honest with my customers on the warranties and surprisingly that worked and three months later I was comfortably selling computers and letting customers choose if they were interested in Warranties which sounds good except as a salesmen I was supposed to make commision on sales however trouble with my manager getting stuck in another country had me left without this, so I was still making my training wage 3 months later while my co workers used there name to take my sales, eventually I was switched to Stock where they wanted me to Stay until 3am, and as a transit rider I have no way to do that, so I made the decision to end my employment with them.
Pros
Job wasn't to bad
Cons
Mangers
It was a well managed workplace
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
It was a good place to work in because the management was exceptional. They had a high standard and we were expected to meet them.