Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Pros
Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons
Cut throat
Fun environment with good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
No day was the same but you continuously improve the store appearance for the customer and employee's, while receiving and stocking the shelves to ensure popular products are always in stock and shipping defective or call backs. Learned a lot about time management, teamwork, customer service, communication and inventory management.
Work place enviroment
Sales Associate, Home Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
Enjoyed the people that i worked with. Our input mattered in terms of all aspects of the Business.Customer service was my number one priority. Trained and managed new staff on occasion. We were driven to exceed in our goals.I improved my skills over the course of my time with the company.
Pros
Overall a great place to work.
Cons
None.
Excellent place to work
Multi-Channel Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
It was the best place to work with positive environment always.
I learnt a lot of new skills from my co-workers in regards to maintaining a stability in work.
I received a lot of Recognition awards throughout my career in this company
Decent student job
Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-ClaireSeptember 15, 2015
Support from management, decent hours but poor salary unless you can sell a large volume of items and service plans. Some frustration when it comes to having demo electronics that don't work and can't be used to show clients the products.
Pros
Bonuses on sales
Cons
Monotone work
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 9, 2016
The typical day of at work stocking shelf's. I learned to do scan products into the computer. learned good time management skills. The co-workers were friendly. the hardest part of the job working with so many people. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning computer systems
Pros
Good lunch breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun and Competitive Sales Environment
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2015
Future Shop Waterloo was a good work environment for developing and honing my sales work ethic and techniques. Management and co-workers were all very respectively and accommodating to a variety of circumstances ranging from requiring days off to filling in when the floor got busy. Sad to see the company go.
Pros
Incentives for performing better
Cons
Lots of standing
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Assist in helping clients discover and solve problems that the computer may be experiencing or problems that the clients have with their product. Help customers setup and install programs that customers want on their computers when they buy a new product.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
Great place back in the day
Software Accessories Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCSeptember 12, 2015
I worked for Future Shop for only a few months but when new management took over, my 38 hours a week turned into 16. I'm sure many turnovers since 2001 so this may be a useless review.
Pros
Great staff to work with and high moral
Cons
Lack of job security
Fun and productive enviorment
Geek Squad Agent/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCJune 16, 2015
Typical day included assisting various customers with technical issues. Providing customers with efficient ways of payment. Assisting clients with credit card applications.
Pros
Good management, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Low wage, No benefits, no advancement
Future Shop- Good Job
Sales Rep/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 15, 2016
- Greet Customers and help them
- Maintain the Store Throughout the day and return merchandise.
- It was a fast pace moving environment and we had to the meet quotas . Seasonal time it was busy like Christmas and "Back to School" so we had to prevent any theft from happening and provide good customer service to tons of customers. Unfortunately it was closed down Canada Wide.
Fun and productive environment
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  325 Yonge Street, M5B 1R7, Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Being one of the busiest retail stores in the downtown core, we are constantly bombarded with customers who have specific needs and requirements, the purpose of our jobs was to ensure that the customer left the store happy. A typical day at work starts with inventory in the morning, making sure all the stations and tills are spotless, and making sure to print out daily prices to make sure the customer got the best deal. There is a very specific culture that is unique to FS, with so many different personalities it may be at times be cumbersome to navigate; but the the crew always works as one unit, pushing each other to ensure that we were all productive all the time.
Pros
big screen tv in lounge, dental benefits for part-time associates, flexible work environment
Cons
no job security
Amazing place to work over all especially with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
I worked for Future Shop for almost 12 yrs and enjoyed ever moment. Of course there were some ups and downs as far as sales however overall it was enjoyable
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Christmas season can be a little draining.
Business shut down
Home Office Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 13, 2016
Due to lack of inbound customers traffic Company was shut down and hundreds of employees were sent home. Due to increased competition the company could not survive
Pros
A good learning of electronics
Cons
less than 24 hours a week for part timers
Great place to learn about end user characterstics
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 30, 2016
Engaged with customers to build optimal product packages, services and solutions that suit their needs. Evaluated sales opportunities and provided application recommendations for the effective use of computer equipment
Pros
access to new tech
Cons
scheduling hours are done last minute
exciting to learn about new technology
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 13, 2016
During Future Shop operations the job was exciting and fast pace in the busy hours and especially boxing day. A cashier position was an entry job, it was easy and I had a chance to learn about sales and customer service.
Pros
Commission on small at the counter sales
Cons
Low hourly wage
future shop
Sales Consultant (connected solution department) (Former Employee) –  Pembina Hwy, Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
Thanks for the opportunity that was my first formal job, learnt and gained great experience with interpersonal skills and tech. knowledge there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
I loved working at future shop. The environment was great and you work with great people. You learn a lot more about the products featured at future shop. It was great because when there was long days of work such as boxing day they would even provide you with lunch to work through the day.
Amazing Team Culture - with a twist
Entertainment Associate/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCApril 16, 2015
Future Shop offered an amazing team culture that was built on solidarity, but its Commission-based model made it difficult to get along with certain people at times. There were often opportunities for growth in terms of personal development, but typically never enough room to actually move up the ranks. Regardless, the work environment was generally very agreeable, as the staff always got along so well on a personal basis - as did the management team. Expectations were always high, but fair. This kept everybody in strong spirits even through difficult times. There were often difficulties meeting certain objectives, but tasking was always manageable and kept the actual customer service requirements equally manageable.
Pros
Well-balanced work load, Excellent team culture
Cons
Certain objectives were very difficult to obtain
Bonne apprentissage
Montréal, QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
Il fallait réalisé les objectifs de vente et connaitre les produits. C'est agréable le contact avec les gens et de savoir qu'on a rendu un bon service. Il n'y avait rien de particulièrement difficile, j'ai beaucoup aimé l’équipe avec laquelle j'ai travaillé.
Pros
Rabais employé