Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Close knit group
Mobile Sales Associate I (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Everybody was treated like family will provided the incentive to work as hard a possible. Everybody knew each other which made it easier to handle tough situations.
Very good workplace environment
Product Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
-A typical day at work would consist of Clean and Bright the department, selling appliances, TVs and Speakers, Providing great customer service
- I learned a lot about appliances and working with people, as well as negotiating
-Management was great, always there to help out and always have your back
- It was very easy to get along with co-workers but at the same time it was competitive working in the commission sales environment
-Hardest part of the job would be when customers bought big ticket items without warrantee and something would go wrong with it not too long down the road and we weren't able to do as much as we wished we could to help them out because of some of the policies.
- Most enjoyable part of working here was getting to know new people(customers and fellow employees)
Decent sales training
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Decent sales training. Flexible hours. sjdfajs asjdiasjdij ajdojasod ajsdojasod aosjdoaj ajksodjaos eoqj odejqonqw ijdiqowjd owjojqwn wjdiqw qowjoqw oqjwoj wqiqw knqwkn wqkjjqw
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), GTA, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Future shop was a great place to work and had great people, they had a great environment and overall treated their employees well.
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons: Cut throat
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Company no longer in business
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 25, 2016
This company is no longer in business.

Although my time here was excellent and allowed me to really develop my skills in leadership and management.
i got nice people and team to work with, best customer satisfaction for customers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: good team
Cons: some times hectic
i had a good time working there with a team. unfortunately future shop close down otherwise i would have kept working there. it was a nice place to work in a nice and friendly environment.
Setups and recoveries
Setup customers laptop (Former Employee), Young and EglintonJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Working with laptops and smartphones
Working at Future Shop was a great opportunity because of how I am able to work with many different kinds of computers, helped customers setup their laptops by installing what programs they need. I also got to install screen shields for customers smartphones. I learned a lot about computer problems, and helped other Future Shop workers with their situations.
Excellent place to work
Multi-Channel Sales Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
It was the best place to work with positive environment always.
I learnt a lot of new skills from my co-workers in regards to maintaining a stability in work.
I received a lot of Recognition awards throughout my career in this company
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 19, 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work the management lacks certain aspects of customer service skills and there were no benefits and the salary was minimum wage
Performance
vendeur (Former Employee), St.-Jérôme, QCDecember 16, 2015
Pros: commission et belle esprit d'équipe
Cons: Beaucoup de pression
Entreprise basé sur la performance et le dépassement de soi.
sales organisation
Product Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches on vip sales
Cons: long shifts during christmas
while working at fureshop i learned lot about how to intract with the peoples because it was my first job in this country. day after day i start gaining confidence while working. it was a very fun place to work with goals and targets in mind. managment was very supportive. whenever need any help, they were always their to help. co- workers were like a family members because we spend most of the time in the store. the hardest part of the job was the long hours during christmas time every year with the focus to acheive target in mind. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday we get to see new customer with different culture and try to learn something new about their culture.
positive hardworking environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Enjoyable working environment, management was straight forward and organized. Unfortunately I only had a chance to be seasonal staff at their location.
Comfortable place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free gym, Free Sauna - Great hours.
Cons: It shut down.
This place helped me with my physical health. I never worked out in a gym before I started working for this spa. And that is because the owner there motivated me to always the best in everything. I think she was a wonderful owner.
My most enjoyable team in retail
Imaging & Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, nice events and promotions for employees
Cons: Only part time
Had the lucky chance of working with a great team at my first retail position. Lots of fun with staff and customers alike. Great work environment, can get overwhelming with customers during the holidays though. Took all the shifts I could, wish there was more. Tried commission position, found it tricky.
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment
I worked sop
Merchandising (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed the time I worked there because it was teamwork dealing with customer sometimes and the communication was easy.
Productive sales oriented atmosphere and just one big family
Sales Consultant - Customer Sales Service Support (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Long days that we called "Iron Man Days" and we were compensated with whatever free lunch we wanted, but with a $ cap
Cons: Holidays and special occasions always get interrupted but it was part of the job, but loved my Retail Family as well!
Always happy to go to work and spend time while learning and teaching and meeting new people with my second family/My work family!!! It was retail, and in retail you spend more time with staff than you do with family.
Fun and Competitive Sales Environment
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Incentives for performing better
Cons: Lots of standing
Future Shop Waterloo was a good work environment for developing and honing my sales work ethic and techniques. Management and co-workers were all very respectively and accommodating to a variety of circumstances ranging from requiring days off to filling in when the floor got busy. Sad to see the company go.
Évolution de la techno !
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee), Laval, QCNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Développement des aptitudes de ventes
Cons: Management / magasins fermés
Bien que l'entreprise a fermé ses portes il y a quelques années, je peux dire que j'ai beaucoup appris dans le domaine de la vente. Un commerce grande surface propose une panoplie de différents produits et les employés finissent par devenir des spécialistes de tout. Sans compter que la technologie évolue très rapidement, j'ai pu me mettre au diapason avec les nouveaux équipements.

Formidable expérience professionnelle.