Future Shop Employee Reviews

good
Store Standards, Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
worked as a seasonal employee doing carry outs and helping customers whenever they needed it. trying to sell and keep up with the quote of the job. selling merch
If they were still open would be great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 February 2017
The only bad thing I can say about Future Shop is they're not still open. Was just a great place to work. Most of the people I worked with were fantastic.
Pros
They gave us commission.
Cons
It's not still open.
I did this review already.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 February 2017
Great place to work but it closed down. Great managers, co workers, easy to make a lot of money and get great manager training in the programs. Great place if you work hard.
Future shop a real Canadian company
Entertainment Expertity (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
I work for best canada for about four years 2 of the years for future shop and as a extra year as a Coop Student.
When i first started there my man tasks were minor repair to hardware issues in Customer units.
later as i was trained i learned how to mange confidential inform with managing data backup and data entry for customers as well as the company its self.
In the year i moved over to selling Computer and other tech related accessories. learn how to fully operate a sales system , as well as manage sale numbers.
after about 4 months i switch to gaming as i was entering my later years in high school where it needed more attention.
the following spring the company became one with best buy and the department i was in was being removed , so i was offered a position of PPA( Product Process ) after one year in the job i went o a full time position were i manged truck numbers as well as inventory levels. furthering my knowledge in data entry
Pros
Family mentality Canadian
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
People respond to negative performance reviews the same way death row inmates respond when questioned about their culpability; everybody insists they’re innocent and the wrong man got the rap. Sure, you may be more likely to reject a verdict if it will end your life, not just your job, but whenever we get publicly chastised for bad behavior our instinct is to defend ourselves and our decisions.
Pros
Decent
Cons
decent
Exellent learning experience with great colleagues.
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON7 February 2017
My department was very efficient usually running on two employees with minimal supervision required. We were given great freedom in settlement of disputes through negotiations.
Poor connduct
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON7 February 2017
Bad... Just bad... I really have no interest in discussing my experience... however this site will not allow me to bypass it. FS is long gone and I can see exactly why
Good, but sad they are gone.
Entertainment and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2017
I worked for Future Shop for just under 7 years. I went through several different management changes throughout my time. Although I did enjoy my time there and the people I met, the salary was much to be desired. I miss the company.
Now the company is out of market.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
Future Shop is gone, now only Best Buy stores are still selling products . Future Shop at Broadway was a busy store , just like other retails , of course , for IT staff, the pay they can receive will not be high.
Great Company
Entertaniment Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2017
I really loved my job at Future Shop it made me grow in so many ways as a person, Employee and a manager. Work culture was great. The hardest part of the job was to keep performing and profiting while having resources are constantly being cut. the most enjoyable part was the people and the friendship made...
Pros
People
Cons
Shiting down'
Futureshop
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 January 2017
Fun place to work, great benefits available. Quality work amongst co-workers was a struggle and made other associates lives very difficult. Often products were sold out prior to a sale.
Interesting Environment
Home Theater Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 January 2017
Leant a lot about vehicles,Taking care of inventory and also following up with clients to make sure the sale is closed.Never had a bad day working there because it was fun meeting new people
My thoughts on my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Customer Service Representative17 January 2017
I have been working for Future Shop/Bestbuy for almost 5 years now, the work is very good. Sometimes it can be busy and has it's slow day's.
The work is great and the people I work with are like family at times. Sometimes when it becomes busy I can't help at the desk because of being at the till area, I do wish at times we had more staff. I do enjoy helping customers and co-workers.
Pros
I enjoy my job with working with customers.
Cons
Wish I had more hours.
Fun and Challenging workplace
Cellular Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2017
Competitive vibe, great way to interact with people and learn about products and services that FutureShop has to offer.
tres bon experience
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC10 January 2017
Bon travail, meilleur experience de ma vie a a vendre dans un tel magasin...decu de la fermeture.
Pros
bon environment
Cons
il y en a pas
Great working environment, amazing co-workers who were really friendly and helpful. Awesome managers who treated everyone with respect and fairness.
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
A usual working day would start with a brief presentation given by manager to discuss the goals of the day, and going over the flyer to get an idea about the products on sale. Store would open at 9:00 am, and I would greet customers with smile and interact with them to inform them about the upcoming sales and different products, as well as assist them with their car installation appointments and scheduled deliveries. If there was any complicated procedure that I would encounter as a trainee then my experienced co-workers were always ready to help me through the process. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people and assisting them in finding the desirable product, and just keep them engaged during their visit, and it would give me great satisfaction in seeing a smile on their faces afterwards. I learnt that great communication skills helped me a lot in building long term relationships with my customers.
Pros
Never felt tired during work, got decent lunch hours and lunch room had a tv, a fridge, lockers and a play station as well as foosball table.
Cons
Just the normal work place gossip, other than that it was great.
Company's Guidelines
Precinct Chief (Lead Technician) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
Have fun while being the best
Learn from challenge and change
Show respect, humility and integrity
Unleash the power of our people

Kinda says it all!
Commision sales
Car Audio Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2016
commisioned sales, forced to sell warranty even if you dont beleive it is worth it. taught to be pushy with customers over warrenty options. brutally bad management
Pros
Co workers are nice
Cons
management on all levels
Great atmosphere with tons of room to grow and find your place.
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
days were sometimes long and the work life balance wasent always great at times.

they demanded alot of you but you also grew with every challenge.

sales was a challenging atmosphere that gave you alot of oppurtunity to make alot of money.

there was a family like atmosphere and stores as well as managers worked together very well.
Pros
atmosphere, oppurtunity
Cons
long hours, poor work-life balance
fun and enjoyable workplace
PRODUCT EXPERT (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 December 2016
everyone was like family, was a very friendly and enjoyable work place. everyone helped one another, especially training the seasonal workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Future Shop. Our community is ready to answer.