Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

good money
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCMarch 16, 2016
pay was good,good environment,good people,i learnt a lot in the short period of time i was there. i wanna to stay but since this was seasonal position they gave this job to someone else with less experience & minimum wages
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours on boxing day, not allowed to take boxing week off
an okay job for temporary work
Stock worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2016
this job was often dull and quiet. I was not able to communicate with customers and I rarely got too speak with other employees.
Future Shop- Good Job
Sales Rep/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 15, 2016
- Greet Customers and help them
- Maintain the Store Throughout the day and return merchandise.
- It was a fast pace moving environment and we had to the meet quotas . Seasonal time it was busy like Christmas and "Back to School" so we had to prevent any theft from happening and provide good customer service to tons of customers. Unfortunately it was closed down Canada Wide.
Best Place to work!
Customer Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Working at Future Shop was the best. Everyone got along and worked great together! The management knew how to motivate you to do better everyday.
Pros
Cons
Closed down
fun and fast paced retail environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 1, 2016
although i was there for a short period of time, i really enjoyed working at future shop ( except for black friday. WOW!) I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Pros
occational free lunches and employee games days
Cons
stressful, and mean customers
Productive and Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 27, 2016
I have learned to cooperate with others and work as a team player. The environment is fast-paced therefore it provides a good learning environment.
Relaxing
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 26, 2016
Sitting/ decorating
a lot about skin care
great
didnt have any
10 hour days
free stuff, and my relationship with my managers
Wonderful Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 25, 2016
Before the final close of doors at future shop i really enjoyed my time there. the people i worked with made it a friendly and fun environment with a can do attitude.
Close knit group
Mobile Sales Associate I (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Everybody was treated like family will provided the incentive to work as hard a possible. Everybody knew each other which made it easier to handle tough situations.
Very good workplace environment
Product Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
-A typical day at work would consist of Clean and Bright the department, selling appliances, TVs and Speakers, Providing great customer service
- I learned a lot about appliances and working with people, as well as negotiating
-Management was great, always there to help out and always have your back
- It was very easy to get along with co-workers but at the same time it was competitive working in the commission sales environment
-Hardest part of the job would be when customers bought big ticket items without warrantee and something would go wrong with it not too long down the road and we weren't able to do as much as we wished we could to help them out because of some of the policies.
- Most enjoyable part of working here was getting to know new people(customers and fellow employees)
Decent sales training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Decent sales training. Flexible hours. sjdfajs asjdiasjdij ajdojasod ajsdojasod aosjdoaj ajksodjaos eoqj odejqonqw ijdiqowjd owjojqwn wjdiqw qowjoqw oqjwoj wqiqw knqwkn wqkjjqw
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Future shop was a great place to work and had great people, they had a great environment and overall treated their employees well.
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Pros
Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons
Cut throat
Company no longer in business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 25, 2016
This company is no longer in business.

Although my time here was excellent and allowed me to really develop my skills in leadership and management.
i got nice people and team to work with, best customer satisfaction for customers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 15, 2016
i had a good time working there with a team. unfortunately future shop close down otherwise i would have kept working there. it was a nice place to work in a nice and friendly environment.
Pros
good team
Cons
some times hectic
Setups and recoveries
Setup customers laptop (Former Employee) –  Young and EglintonJanuary 14, 2016
Working at Future Shop was a great opportunity because of how I am able to work with many different kinds of computers, helped customers setup their laptops by installing what programs they need. I also got to install screen shields for customers smartphones. I learned a lot about computer problems, and helped other Future Shop workers with their situations.
Pros
Working with laptops and smartphones
Excellent place to work
Multi-Channel Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
It was the best place to work with positive environment always.
I learnt a lot of new skills from my co-workers in regards to maintaining a stability in work.
I received a lot of Recognition awards throughout my career in this company
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 19, 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work the management lacks certain aspects of customer service skills and there were no benefits and the salary was minimum wage
Performance
vendeur (Former Employee) –  St.-Jérôme, QCDecember 16, 2015
Entreprise basé sur la performance et le dépassement de soi.
Pros
commission et belle esprit d'équipe
Cons
Beaucoup de pression
sales organisation
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2015
while working at fureshop i learned lot about how to intract with the peoples because it was my first job in this country. day after day i start gaining confidence while working. it was a very fun place to work with goals and targets in mind. managment was very supportive. whenever need any help, they were always their to help. co- workers were like a family members because we spend most of the time in the store. the hardest part of the job was the long hours during christmas time every year with the focus to acheive target in mind. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday we get to see new customer with different culture and try to learn something new about their culture.
Pros
free lunches on vip sales
Cons
long shifts during christmas