Future Shop Employee Reviews

Access to the latest consumer technology
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 May 2016
As a technician, having first hand, hands on experience with new consumer technology was like Christmas came early (on a regular basis). That was the experience at Future Shop, especially after CES.

Future Shop sharpened my technical knowledge, diagnosing, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of computer systems and peripheral devices .We were faced with new and ever so weird issues all the time. Some not so technical while others were. The amalgamation of different people and personalities from the tech savvy to tech inept, from the rich to the poor, from the nice to the not so nice customers, helped to hone and strengthen my consumer service skills.
Pros
Play with new tech
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Assist in helping clients discover and solve problems that the computer may be experiencing or problems that the clients have with their product. Help customers setup and install programs that customers want on their computers when they buy a new product.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
Genuinely one of the best times of my life.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 June 2016
A typical day at work for me was getting to talk to people about computers, games and accessories for those things. It was one of my dream jobs.

I learned that there is such a thing as moving upwards. Something to look forward to. Knowing what I needed to know and making sure that if I didn't - I passed the customer along to someone that did.

My Co-workers were some of the best friends I'd ever met. We were able to talk to each other outside of work and have a good time when not around the workplace and functioned just as well within the workplace.

The hardest part of the job, was knowing whether or not the customer I'd deal with would have a question I could answer or couldn't answer. My biggest fear, was not knowing something.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was being surrounded by people that loved what they were doing and that helped me to love what I was doing in the process.
It was fun... But in the end...
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 August 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company.... But I did get to meet a handful of decent people, I saw cool gadgets and the staff discount was to die for!
Pros
Discounts & People
Cons
What they did
Taches:
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 September 2016
Entretenir le magasin chaque jours! Faire et modifier les prix! Décharger le camion dans un certain lapse de temps!) Faire les rénovation du magasin de nuit et de jours!
Pros
pauses courtes mais il y en a plusieurs
Microsoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2016
- Selling and promoting products
- How to make clients feel good on what they are about to perchase
- Promoting new products
- Friendly
- random raging clients
- meeting new people
One of the best job to work at
Merchandiser/ Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
You'll be kept busy for most of the day, but you learn a lot. Co-workers are friendly and they always look out for you, giving you advice and keeping it real with you.
Thought I was selling computers...
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2016
I went into the job with the title "Computer Salesmen" however after training it really felt like "Warrenty Salesmen" cause that really all I was selling. This job was not one of my favorites for sure, I was disappointed to now be selling something I myself wouldn't buy but I tried to move past that and just be honest with my customers on the warranties and surprisingly that worked and three months later I was comfortably selling computers and letting customers choose if they were interested in Warranties which sounds good except as a salesmen I was supposed to make commision on sales however trouble with my manager getting stuck in another country had me left without this, so I was still making my training wage 3 months later while my co workers used there name to take my sales, eventually I was switched to Stock where they wanted me to Stay until 3am, and as a transit rider I have no way to do that, so I made the decision to end my employment with them.
Pros
Job wasn't to bad
Cons
Mangers
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2016
The typical day of at work stocking shelf's. I learned to do scan products into the computer. learned good time management skills. The co-workers were friendly. the hardest part of the job working with so many people. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning computer systems
Pros
Good lunch breaks.
Cons
Long hours.
Excellentl place to work!
Merchandiser/Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 August 2016
Great staff and great people in general with whom i worked with. Attention to detail was key in this job and really helped me going forward with my future endeavors
Fun place to work at with different people to interact with
Product Expert (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 April 2016
Typical day at work would mainly be selling product and services to customers.

I have learned that each product and service is built for different people and for different uses. Some people might think they need product A but actually product B is a better fit. There is a need to educate customers and end-users on certain specifics.

Management was great at Futureshop, considering sales are the bottom of the food chain in the corporate ladder, management has be fair on requests and needs.

Hardest part of the job is to help customers differentiate hardware malfunction and physical damage on devices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is educating people what I've learned in product studies and developments.
Pros
Flexible break time
Cons
long hours during boxing day
Was a great place to work
Service Depot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
Great place to work. Filled with many opportunities. Too bad it is gone now. The owner was excellent before being bought by Best Buy
Amazing place to work over all especially with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2016
I worked for Future Shop for almost 12 yrs and enjoyed ever moment. Of course there were some ups and downs as far as sales however overall it was enjoyable
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Christmas season can be a little draining.
Fun Place To Work
ConnectPro Lead AutoTech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
Learn new things everyday, get to see and use new tech. Strong sence of responsibility but work long hours sometimes open to close everyday.
fs
Centralized Recruiter for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2016
good place to work, they promote people if theyre good. so make sure u work haqrde and stay in touch with the managers. good stepping stone
Fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2016
Fun and engaging workplace and consistently looking for ways to improve labour costs without impacting the customer experience.
Business shut down
Home Office Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 May 2016
Due to lack of inbound customers traffic Company was shut down and hundreds of employees were sent home. Due to increased competition the company could not survive
Pros
A good learning of electronics
Cons
less than 24 hours a week for part timers
Productive and fun work place with tons of perks
Elite Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
Great Company to work for with great value and benefits, amazing training program for growth and development.
Pros
Commsion
Cons
too much politic
Future Shop- Good Job
Sales Rep/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
- Greet Customers and help them
- Maintain the Store Throughout the day and return merchandise.
- It was a fast pace moving environment and we had to the meet quotas . Seasonal time it was busy like Christmas and "Back to School" so we had to prevent any theft from happening and provide good customer service to tons of customers. Unfortunately it was closed down Canada Wide.
Great place to learn about end user characterstics
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2016
Engaged with customers to build optimal product packages, services and solutions that suit their needs. Evaluated sales opportunities and provided application recommendations for the effective use of computer equipment
Pros
access to new tech
Cons
scheduling hours are done last minute