Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great workplace with great people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Timmins OntarioMay 9, 2015
Pros: commission, great promotion, great discount, awesome staff
Loved going in, wanted to work the days i was not scheduled, appliance training, product knowledge, great staff, loved working
Fun and engaging workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: Employee Purchase Plan
Cons: Inconsistent sales traffic
Excellent company to work for, fun, exciting and productivity rewarded salary. The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
fun workplace
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: extra breaks
Cons: long hours
Everyday was same, but the good part was my co-workers and the workplace environment which was always live.
I did encounter some stressful situations but ended up in solving them.
environnement de travail agréable
Vendeur (Former Employee), LavalMay 7, 2015
C'etait le meilleur travail que j'ai eu a date. Ils mon aider a devenir meilleur et a voir plus loin dans ma vie
productive and fun
Sales, Cash, Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 6, 2015
Gained a lot of customer service and Cashier experience. Enjoyed working there and interacting with the other employees, good hours and very flexible.
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Langley, BC, CanadaMay 5, 2015
I handled cash for opening and closing duties. I was able to preform my customer service skills to the utmost capabilities. I was taught how to return products and issues refunds. I worked with selective co-workers who helped make the workplace fun and enjoyable. I had a great manager who taught me these great qualities I now posses.
I loved this job
Cell Shop Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 26, 2015
Pros: famly feeling enviorment
Cons: job security
I love working for this company, they had a reputation of hiring the best and building a family based environment. they invested in their employees.
very good work enviroment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Bedford, NSApril 26, 2015
easy going staff
fun place to work
get regular breaks
discount on stuff in store
store closed at decent times
good management
understanding when sick
Productive and exciting place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
I learned various sales techniques and negotiation skills that were implemented on each sale.
I mentored many individuals and helped develop their skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being creative in implementing ideas and training associates to become better.
I loved working with my team because we shared the same goals and I loved meeting targets and exceeding them as a team because we shared similar ideas.
Great group of people to work with/for.
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun events scheduled with not only our store, but between all of the future shops in Calgary.
Cons: 13 hour split shifts on boxing day.
Co-op
Computer Repairs Technician (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: !0% off on purchases, Valuable experience
I would typically come to work everyday around 11 and leave around 3. I would stock shelves occasionally but mostly I would trouble shoot basic software problems on computers and if a hardware problem was found I would open the computer to switch out defective parts.
Comfort and Enjoyment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 20, 2015
Pros: Commission.
Cons: Job Security.
It was honestly the most fun working for a company that was just as much into technology as I am. I have made lasting friendships not only with my colleagues but also with customers that I have interacted with. Adjusting your manners and tactics in order to have a proper communication with customers is a must in this location.

I have learned how the commission sales side works and have become very indulged in this setting. I also learned to research product knowledge more efficiently during our downtime.

My management and colleagues have become amazingly close with me and will never forget each day that I interacted with such an amazing team.

The hardest part of the job has to be dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes its definitely hard to discuss a compromise with customers who just don't want to listen. And yet, I have learned to become more patient and understanding with their needs and wants rather than what is better for the business even though our business targets are more focused by our higher-ups.
Great training ground
Sales consultant (Former Employee), Hamilton,onApril 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Future Shop. I learned a lot over the 17 years of being there. What I enjoyed the most was the people I worked with and the job work/life balance.
Geek Squad Computer Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 17, 2015
Great place to work unforchunatly due to reconstruction and being so close to a Bestbuy we were closed down, I would still be working at Future Shop if i could.
It was a great place to work!
Floor Manager & Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 17, 2015
Working with futureshop was a blessing. The experience and team were great! There was room for growth for those who worked hard and the pay structure was good. Management was always willing to listen to concerns and take action on them. They gave us the power to correct situations with customers.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
A very well coordinated place to work with friendly staff members and management. Staff are well knowledgeable and products are the best in the market. with future shop you are grantees a profitable purchase.
Co-op Work Experience
Co-op Job Placement (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 17, 2015
Worked there for 3 weeks, didn't really have the most "Fun" environment and friendly people there. But overall it was quite alright.
Amazing Team Culture - with a twist
Entertainment Associate/Coordinator (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Well-balanced work load, Excellent team culture
Cons: Certain objectives were very difficult to obtain
Future Shop offered an amazing team culture that was built on solidarity, but its Commission-based model made it difficult to get along with certain people at times. There were often opportunities for growth in terms of personal development, but typically never enough room to actually move up the ranks. Regardless, the work environment was generally very agreeable, as the staff always got along so well on a personal basis - as did the management team. Expectations were always high, but fair. This kept everybody in strong spirits even through difficult times. There were often difficulties meeting certain objectives, but tasking was always manageable and kept the actual customer service requirements equally manageable.
Teacher Assisitant
Sales Consultant/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Training
Cons: N/A
- Learn Great Leadership Skills
- Great Environment to work in
- Great Co Workers
- Clean and Fun place
- Great Management
- Never Gets Boring
SALES PROFESSIONAL
senior product expert (Former Employee), hamiltonApril 13, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: working weekends
Amazing opportunity to provide customers with the complete solution.Amazing and dynamic 23 yr career.

A member of circle of excellence for 15 years.

Super elite member.

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more