Future Shop

Future Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Audio Expert Repersentative
Mobile Audio Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: benefitsw like merchandise discounts
Cons: not enough hours
Have to meet daily quotas.
Environment is fast paced because you were pushed to get sales.
Great place if you like electronics and computer, and also people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 2, 2014
Deal with customers who have issues with their computer and products.
Fun job, always busy
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 29, 2014
Enjoyed my short time there as it was only seasonal but was hoping they would keep me full time.
amazing work place
Sales and Merchandising (Former Employee), Vaughan Ontario CanadaMay 27, 2014
I believe this was the only place I got to work at besides comic-con or fanexpo where I could fully be myself and get praised for it. The look on customers faces when they came into a store expecting to talk to someone who had no idea of what they were looking for and then talking to me and I introduce them into new things surrounding what product they – more... were looking for. Priceless feeling. – less
Fun and crazy days at work
Entertainment sales co-op (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Everyday I always learned something new at work. Everybody was nice, the management was good.
Its got its ups and downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TorontoMay 20, 2014
Pros: good sales experience, meet friends, decent pay
Cons: management pressure, repetitive, exhausting, structural issues
Starting off as a seasonal, the job quickly changed as I grew into the position. Not planning to take this job anymore seriously than a summer job while I was in university, I managed to maintain my position as a PT employee.

The pros are you get good sales experience, if you are outgoing you'll meet friends, and you get a decent pay as well as an – more... employee discount. Probably one of the more well respected jobs as a part-time employee in university or college.

The cons however play a strong role, as depending on your person, you may get bogged down during periods of the year (boxing day, slow periods, and frequent structure changes). Starting off (and throughout) the job you will be harassed by managers, your relationship with management becomes conditional on the basis of your sale quality and quantity as well as any other new factor they throw into the equation. While it is a delightful and reasonable challenge to improve your abilities as a sales person, these demands become unrealistic (because of unreachable goals due to lack of foot volume, or demand in the store). Customer report is only as powerful as the amount of money in services and warranties that went into the sale. In order to make the company happy and keep management off your back may mean selling unsuspecting victims a monthly plan that ends of costing twice the price of the technology they purchased it for. Lastly, if you are not brainwashed easily by a repetitive managerial effort to convince you that the service plan they charge the customer twice the price on is worth it, you may be in for a rough ride.

While the job provides a decent pay and a fun work environment with lots to learn, the pressures of the job help push you away after several months to a year working there. Although it is wonderful getting customers you can relate to or help educate, Future Shop is one of those stores where the repetition of some customers will nearly kill you ("I guess you can call me a dinosaur!", "Can I get a hand over here!?!", "Do you do deals?" , "Any discounts?"). When the money is good, and the sales are there, its very easy to get lost on the train, but when you start getting returns and the profits start to fall, you can see the exit sign flashing, urging you to get out. – less
Fun workplace
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2014
Worked at Futureshop for my co-op placement in Connect Pro.
L'équipe
Experte en produits (Former Employee), gatineauMay 15, 2014
la même chose pour gourmet
cuisine

La clientèle es le fun
l'équipe est drole
Loved the environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntMay 15, 2014
Responsibilities
Cashier, handled customer service, inventory and consolidation
Accomplishments
I was promoted to MIT in 6 months but I had to leave for personal reasons.
Skills Used
Satisfied customers, counted the cash at the end of the day and reported to the manager. Accuracy was an
asset when dealing with $100,000 on certain days.
I learnt that – more... customers are always right so the aim was to try and find out ways to make that customer leave
our store with a smile whenever possible.
Product verification and watched out for fraudulent purchases. – less
Fun and amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BcMay 12, 2014
Every day was a new challenge

New activities and new type of customers every day.

wide range of learning experience

Management and co-workers were really helpful.

Competitive environment as it was a salary-commision based job.
Terrific place to learn sales
DEPARTMENT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 11, 2014
Pros: staff cost on electronics unparalleled in retail.
Cons: usually work afternoons to close the store
Enjoyed the experience, dynamic environment. Constantly changing product line ensured you were never bored.
Managers are Racist!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New GlasgowMay 11, 2014
Pros: discount, 10% below costs
Cons: racist employers, management.
Future Shop discriminates against Aboriginal Canadians. They do not hire First Nations people, and employees/ managers make buying things difficult, They try to charge tax on a sale when a sale is tax exempt.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioMay 10, 2014
Pros: great management team, great atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours
I loved the overall atmosphere at Future Shop. Co-workers were friendly and made it easy to work as a team to provide customers with the best service possible. I learned a lot about customer service and helping customers to the best of my abilities.
fun and active
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2014
fun and active work place
dynamic atmosphere
friendly co-workers and manager
poor management. drama.
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee), brovkvilleMay 7, 2014
Cons: lots
Terrible place to work in that location and in that department. Associates not knowledgeable. No job security. Maybe five hours a week. Not a busy store. Expected to learn a lot in short time.
Non-Professional/ Childish Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: quiet store
Cons: no hours, learnings must be done, management doesn't care, boring days, most people don't know what they're doing
The managers who work here are childish and do not know what they are doing. They do not know how to make schedules (the new assistant manager in particular), ever since February when people got laid off, the hours have been horrible, whenever you call for a manager, they purposely come after the customer leaves. It's disgusting and pathetic. There – more... have been many complaints by associates, yet nothing has changed. Perfect place if you are unprofessional, enjoy drama, and working 5 hour shifts maybe one or two days a week. – less
Good people to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 29, 2014
Good discounts, limited or useless benefits. during holiday season is busy but later is slow
Great place to start a sales career
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: training, environment and culture
Cons: layoffs
Great place to start a sales career. Nice blend of training and floor hours. People and staff are generally helpful. A competitive environment. If your a tech lover its a great place to spend most of your hours of day at.
Work hard play hard
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), New Minas, NSApril 27, 2014
Future Shop was a fun place to work. Always training and coaching to reach that next target that came out.
Fun place to work at
Product Expert (Current Employee), South Common NW Edmonton, ABApril 26, 2014
Pros: everyone helps each other
It is all about dealing with customers, understanding their need and providing them the products which will be beneficial for them.

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more

Future Shop Photos