Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Bonne apprentissage
Montréal, QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 10, 2016
Il fallait réalisé les objectifs de vente et connaitre les produits. C'est agréable le contact avec les gens et de savoir qu'on a rendu un bon service. Il n'y avait rien de particulièrement difficile, j'ai beaucoup aimé l’équipe avec laquelle j'ai travaillé.
Pros
Rabais employé
Competitive and Engaging Environment
Cellular Expert/Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 3, 2016
At Future Shop I was given the opportunity to meet new faces every single day. There would be new challenges with each day as I worked to meet a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly quota in sales.

My management staff encouraged me to not only compete with the staff along side me but the staff from other locations across the country.

All of our co-workers would push each other to achieve higher targets and have smoother sales transactions with more efficient executions. However, even though we would push each other there was a certain morale integrity that wasn't taught but learned in the culture that Future Shop provided.

Future Shop was a great company to start my career in sales and customer service.

I would recommend anyone looking to get a start in sales to look to Best Buy Canada.
Pros
Opportunity to grow within the company, Accomodating management and scheduling
Cons
No warning to closure
Very good workplace environment
Product Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
-A typical day at work would consist of Clean and Bright the department, selling appliances, TVs and Speakers, Providing great customer service
- I learned a lot about appliances and working with people, as well as negotiating
-Management was great, always there to help out and always have your back
- It was very easy to get along with co-workers but at the same time it was competitive working in the commission sales environment
-Hardest part of the job would be when customers bought big ticket items without warrantee and something would go wrong with it not too long down the road and we weren't able to do as much as we wished we could to help them out because of some of the policies.
- Most enjoyable part of working here was getting to know new people(customers and fellow employees)
good money
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCMarch 16, 2016
pay was good,good environment,good people,i learnt a lot in the short period of time i was there. i wanna to stay but since this was seasonal position they gave this job to someone else with less experience & minimum wages
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours on boxing day, not allowed to take boxing week off
Excellentl place to work!
Merchandiser/Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 9, 2016
Great staff and great people in general with whom i worked with. Attention to detail was key in this job and really helped me going forward with my future endeavors
belle expérience de travail
Représentante aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 13, 2016
J'ai acquis beaucoup d'expérience au niveau du service à la clientèle et de la vente. Mes tâches principales étaient de répondre au besoin de la clientèle et d'arriver aux objectifs du département.
Setups and recoveries
Setup customers laptop (Former Employee) –  Young and EglintonJanuary 14, 2016
Working at Future Shop was a great opportunity because of how I am able to work with many different kinds of computers, helped customers setup their laptops by installing what programs they need. I also got to install screen shields for customers smartphones. I learned a lot about computer problems, and helped other Future Shop workers with their situations.
Pros
Working with laptops and smartphones
fun and fast paced retail environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 1, 2016
although i was there for a short period of time, i really enjoyed working at future shop ( except for black friday. WOW!) I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Pros
occational free lunches and employee games days
Cons
stressful, and mean customers
Productive and fun work place with tons of perks
Elite Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2016
Great Company to work for with great value and benefits, amazing training program for growth and development.
Pros
Commsion
Cons
too much politic
loved it and miss it
sales-cashier-customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 13, 2016
Aamazing! Great managers and staff and team members. Benefits were good. Good deals amazing Christmas parties that were held and great fun activities.
Productive and fun workplace
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 5, 2016
Very relaxed management that were very helpful in whatever I required. A typical day would include helping employees and stocking shelves.
It was a well managed workplace
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 11, 2016
It was a good place to work in because the management was exceptional. They had a high standard and we were expected to meet them.
sales organisation
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2015
while working at fureshop i learned lot about how to intract with the peoples because it was my first job in this country. day after day i start gaining confidence while working. it was a very fun place to work with goals and targets in mind. managment was very supportive. whenever need any help, they were always their to help. co- workers were like a family members because we spend most of the time in the store. the hardest part of the job was the long hours during christmas time every year with the focus to acheive target in mind. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday we get to see new customer with different culture and try to learn something new about their culture.
Pros
free lunches on vip sales
Cons
long shifts during christmas
n/a
Cell Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2016
After working for Future shop for 5 years
i have learned alot ,i have improved on my skills ,specially Sales skill and customer service skills
audio installation
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 25, 2016
-installed stereo systems
-helped install remote starters
-helped customers choose the best products for their budget
My most enjoyable team in retail
Imaging & Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 6, 2015
Had the lucky chance of working with a great team at my first retail position. Lots of fun with staff and customers alike. Great work environment, can get overwhelming with customers during the holidays though. Took all the shifts I could, wish there was more. Tried commission position, found it tricky.
Pros
Good benefits, nice events and promotions for employees
Cons
Only part time
Fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2016
Mcdonalds was a fun work place the crew got along well. Some nights are so busy you have to stay and work longer without rebuttal.
fast paced work environment
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 9, 2016
Great for multitaskers, often was diagnosing computers at the test bench, offering phone support, and repairing/installing PCs inside the tech room.
Travail ennuyeux
TECHNICIEN (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCApril 26, 2016
Soutien a la clientèle
Ventes
Réparation, maintenance de matériel informatique (desktop, laptop, cellulaire, imprimante, etc...)
Pros
rapport avec la clientele
Cons
Ennuyeux
Summer job
Merchandising and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
Being a Merchandiser/Sales person at Future shop was a great experience. Having new challenges and goal to meet with great customer skills.
Pros
sales
Cons
summer job