Future Shop Employee Reviews

Company no longer exists...
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC27 March 2017
The job was fun and I really enjoyed my time there, however this review is pointless because this company no longer exists.

apparently this needs to be 150 characters so i guess I can add that the employee discount was pretty decent as well.
Pros
fun job
Cons
does not exist
Great Atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
Learning everyday, Great company Values.
Even when working under Best buy Canada.
Great customer service and people development, Making sure all associates feel fun environment and work honestly.
Pros
Enjoyed working
Great place for students
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 March 2017
Loved helping customers, Managers were very nice to employees. It's a perfect place for students to work. Not to many hours if you are just looking for part time.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Weekends
fighting mentallilty
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  atlantic canada20 March 2017
great place to work very competitive environment.
invest in people customer comes first and building cliental and CFM.

its a big family for staff and repeat customers
fun workplace with great lunchroom
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2017
great company for late teens and young twenties.
the most enjoyable part was working with the latest tech, and the knowledge gained.
gained a lot of disciplinary skills and traits.
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 March 2017
My manager and coworkers were easy going and entertaining at times. It was a fun environment for what it is. During night shift hours we could listen to our own music and during day shifts we were appreciated by our sales team with assisting them in closing sales by going above and beyond to provide the product the customer requested.
Good Place to Work, While it lasted.
Home Theater Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 March 2017
Future Shop had an excellent work culture. From up-to-date courses on the newest technologies we learned about the newest products specific to our departments. The commissions were fair, but hard to attain. In order to draw commission, each employee had to upsell customers with warranties, services, and accessories. It was a shame that when Best Buy bought out Future Shop the changes that were made ended up with Future Shop closing it's doors forever.
Pros
excellent team building and employee satisfaction focus
Cons
commissions were hard to attain.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
FutureShop had given me lot of experience, it was a great company to work with, moving into Bestbuy has been a great experience.
the most important thing I loved was is the company's Values.
good
Store Standards, Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
worked as a seasonal employee doing carry outs and helping customers whenever they needed it. trying to sell and keep up with the quote of the job. selling merch
If they were still open would be great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 February 2017
The only bad thing I can say about Future Shop is they're not still open. Was just a great place to work. Most of the people I worked with were fantastic.
Pros
They gave us commission.
Cons
It's not still open.
I did this review already.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 February 2017
Great place to work but it closed down. Great managers, co workers, easy to make a lot of money and get great manager training in the programs. Great place if you work hard.
Future shop a real Canadian company
Entertainment Expertity (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
I work for best canada for about four years 2 of the years for future shop and as a extra year as a Coop Student.
When i first started there my man tasks were minor repair to hardware issues in Customer units.
later as i was trained i learned how to mange confidential inform with managing data backup and data entry for customers as well as the company its self.
In the year i moved over to selling Computer and other tech related accessories. learn how to fully operate a sales system , as well as manage sale numbers.
after about 4 months i switch to gaming as i was entering my later years in high school where it needed more attention.
the following spring the company became one with best buy and the department i was in was being removed , so i was offered a position of PPA( Product Process ) after one year in the job i went o a full time position were i manged truck numbers as well as inventory levels. furthering my knowledge in data entry
Pros
Family mentality Canadian
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
People respond to negative performance reviews the same way death row inmates respond when questioned about their culpability; everybody insists they’re innocent and the wrong man got the rap. Sure, you may be more likely to reject a verdict if it will end your life, not just your job, but whenever we get publicly chastised for bad behavior our instinct is to defend ourselves and our decisions.
Pros
Decent
Cons
decent
Exellent learning experience with great colleagues.
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON7 February 2017
My department was very efficient usually running on two employees with minimal supervision required. We were given great freedom in settlement of disputes through negotiations.
Poor connduct
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON7 February 2017
Bad... Just bad... I really have no interest in discussing my experience... however this site will not allow me to bypass it. FS is long gone and I can see exactly why
Good, but sad they are gone.
Entertainment and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2017
I worked for Future Shop for just under 7 years. I went through several different management changes throughout my time. Although I did enjoy my time there and the people I met, the salary was much to be desired. I miss the company.
Now the company is out of market.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
Future Shop is gone, now only Best Buy stores are still selling products . Future Shop at Broadway was a busy store , just like other retails , of course , for IT staff, the pay they can receive will not be high.
Great Company
Entertaniment Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2017
I really loved my job at Future Shop it made me grow in so many ways as a person, Employee and a manager. Work culture was great. The hardest part of the job was to keep performing and profiting while having resources are constantly being cut. the most enjoyable part was the people and the friendship made...
Pros
People
Cons
Shiting down'
Futureshop
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 January 2017
Fun place to work, great benefits available. Quality work amongst co-workers was a struggle and made other associates lives very difficult. Often products were sold out prior to a sale.
Interesting Environment
Home Theater Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 January 2017
Leant a lot about vehicles,Taking care of inventory and also following up with clients to make sure the sale is closed.Never had a bad day working there because it was fun meeting new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Future Shop. Our community is ready to answer.