Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

My most enjoyable team in retail
Imaging & Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 6, 2015
Had the lucky chance of working with a great team at my first retail position. Lots of fun with staff and customers alike. Great work environment, can get overwhelming with customers during the holidays though. Took all the shifts I could, wish there was more. Tried commission position, found it tricky.
Pros
Good benefits, nice events and promotions for employees
Cons
Only part time
Competitive and Engaging Environment
Cellular Expert/Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 3, 2016
At Future Shop I was given the opportunity to meet new faces every single day. There would be new challenges with each day as I worked to meet a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly quota in sales.

My management staff encouraged me to not only compete with the staff along side me but the staff from other locations across the country.

All of our co-workers would push each other to achieve higher targets and have smoother sales transactions with more efficient executions. However, even though we would push each other there was a certain morale integrity that wasn't taught but learned in the culture that Future Shop provided.

Future Shop was a great company to start my career in sales and customer service.

I would recommend anyone looking to get a start in sales to look to Best Buy Canada.
Pros
Opportunity to grow within the company, Accomodating management and scheduling
Cons
No warning to closure
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Pros
Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons
Cut throat
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCDecember 19, 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work the management lacks certain aspects of customer service skills and there were no benefits and the salary was minimum wage
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  montrealSeptember 21, 2015
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them. As a sales associate I learned from day one through 2 full days of training great sales basics and had many trainings through my 3 years. Lots of fun getting to know your client face to face and selling them a full package while maintaining a great margin.
Pros
commission flexible schedule lots of free knowledge
Cons
base salary
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment
Very good workplace environment
Product Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
-A typical day at work would consist of Clean and Bright the department, selling appliances, TVs and Speakers, Providing great customer service
- I learned a lot about appliances and working with people, as well as negotiating
-Management was great, always there to help out and always have your back
- It was very easy to get along with co-workers but at the same time it was competitive working in the commission sales environment
-Hardest part of the job would be when customers bought big ticket items without warrantee and something would go wrong with it not too long down the road and we weren't able to do as much as we wished we could to help them out because of some of the policies.
- Most enjoyable part of working here was getting to know new people(customers and fellow employees)
Annual picnis were fun
Product expert (Former Employee) –  Trinity common BramptonOctober 22, 2015
It was a great place to work until they closed down on the 26th of
March 2015.
We had full benefits, staff discounts. Training every month. Perks for the best employee.
It was fun to work with all our team. We all worked as a one family
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Company had to close down
sales organisation
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2015
while working at fureshop i learned lot about how to intract with the peoples because it was my first job in this country. day after day i start gaining confidence while working. it was a very fun place to work with goals and targets in mind. managment was very supportive. whenever need any help, they were always their to help. co- workers were like a family members because we spend most of the time in the store. the hardest part of the job was the long hours during christmas time every year with the focus to acheive target in mind. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday we get to see new customer with different culture and try to learn something new about their culture.
Pros
free lunches on vip sales
Cons
long shifts during christmas
Decent student job
Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-ClaireSeptember 15, 2015
Support from management, decent hours but poor salary unless you can sell a large volume of items and service plans. Some frustration when it comes to having demo electronics that don't work and can't be used to show clients the products.
Pros
Bonuses on sales
Cons
Monotone work
Compensation
Geek Squad Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 25, 2015
Compensated based on you performance. Pretty simple; If you under perform you do not make money. If you perform than you will make money.
Benefits were second to none.
Pros
Staff Purchase, Pay, Environment
Cons
Company is closed....
good money
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BCMarch 16, 2016
pay was good,good environment,good people,i learnt a lot in the short period of time i was there. i wanna to stay but since this was seasonal position they gave this job to someone else with less experience & minimum wages
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours on boxing day, not allowed to take boxing week off
bad work envirnoment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Terrible work environment with no benefits what so ever. there is no body to help you must of the time. customer service is terrible. people are not friendly.
Pros
breaks.
Cons
where to begin. Terrible hours, bad work environment, long daunting hours. so much more.
Productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
Pros
good compensation
Fun, Friendly, happy enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 16, 2016
I loved the hours I worked, it was Monday to Friday with Fridays being earlier work time and earlier getting off. I would unload trucks and make sure all the spots in the store were full. I would fill out the paper work and would give it to the truck drivers. I would do count in the morning and count items to make sure the numbers were right in the inventory. Fix isles to make them look great and do planograms to the correct way the store would want it. Change the daily price tags to correct sale price. On Tuesdays I would take out the new releases and set them up. I would do carry outs for customers, and make sure their needs were met. I would also be the person the other employees looked for if they needed some help. I learned how to use the computer software there and how to be a leader.
Fun place to work at with different people to interact with
Product Expert (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 11, 2016
Typical day at work would mainly be selling product and services to customers.

I have learned that each product and service is built for different people and for different uses. Some people might think they need product A but actually product B is a better fit. There is a need to educate customers and end-users on certain specifics.

Management was great at Futureshop, considering sales are the bottom of the food chain in the corporate ladder, management has be fair on requests and needs.

Hardest part of the job is to help customers differentiate hardware malfunction and physical damage on devices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is educating people what I've learned in product studies and developments.
Pros
Flexible break time
Cons
long hours during boxing day
Access to the latest consumer technology
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 4, 2016
As a technician, having first hand, hands on experience with new consumer technology was like Christmas came early (on a regular basis). That was the experience at Future Shop, especially after CES.

Future Shop sharpened my technical knowledge, diagnosing, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of computer systems and peripheral devices .We were faced with new and ever so weird issues all the time. Some not so technical while others were. The amalgamation of different people and personalities from the tech savvy to tech inept, from the rich to the poor, from the nice to the not so nice customers, helped to hone and strengthen my consumer service skills.
Pros
Play with new tech
opportunity to grow and make day to day decisions in a company with culture
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 15, 2015
meet new people each day and help them with any opportunities they may have and educate them on new products that we carried and introduce them to a whole new world on the WEB. Being empowered to make the decisions for customer service resolutions rather than having to always ask someone else. Working with a constant changing staff and finding ways to help each other to grow. Hardest part of the job, saying goodbye to seasonal employees and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and finding ways to help them.
Pros
benefits and staff discounts
Fun and productive enviorment
Geek Squad Agent/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCJune 16, 2015
Typical day included assisting various customers with technical issues. Providing customers with efficient ways of payment. Assisting clients with credit card applications.
Pros
Good management, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Low wage, No benefits, no advancement
Fun and engaging workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 9, 2015
Excellent company to work for, fun, exciting and productivity rewarded salary. The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
Pros
Employee Purchase Plan
Cons
Inconsistent sales traffic