Future Shop Employee Reviews

My thoughts on my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Customer Service Representative17 January 2017
I have been working for Future Shop/Bestbuy for almost 5 years now, the work is very good. Sometimes it can be busy and has it's slow day's.
The work is great and the people I work with are like family at times. Sometimes when it becomes busy I can't help at the desk because of being at the till area, I do wish at times we had more staff. I do enjoy helping customers and co-workers.
Pros
I enjoy my job with working with customers.
Cons
Wish I had more hours.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
People respond to negative performance reviews the same way death row inmates respond when questioned about their culpability; everybody insists they’re innocent and the wrong man got the rap. Sure, you may be more likely to reject a verdict if it will end your life, not just your job, but whenever we get publicly chastised for bad behavior our instinct is to defend ourselves and our decisions.
Pros
Decent
Cons
decent
Great atmosphere with tons of room to grow and find your place.
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
days were sometimes long and the work life balance wasent always great at times.

they demanded alot of you but you also grew with every challenge.

sales was a challenging atmosphere that gave you alot of oppurtunity to make alot of money.

there was a family like atmosphere and stores as well as managers worked together very well.
Pros
atmosphere, oppurtunity
Cons
long hours, poor work-life balance
Great Company
Entertaniment Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2017
I really loved my job at Future Shop it made me grow in so many ways as a person, Employee and a manager. Work culture was great. The hardest part of the job was to keep performing and profiting while having resources are constantly being cut. the most enjoyable part was the people and the friendship made...
Pros
People
Cons
Shiting down'
Friendly staff and friendly management.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 October 2016
I would generally just ring through customer orders, help out with bigger items, and help sales associates with their customers. Here I have learned how to work and close a till. My co-workers felt more like a big family of friends, and our manager were responsible but still very cool people. The hardest part of the job was pretty much anything to do with the cellshop, such as PSP exchanges, the order in which you had to follow steps was very complicated, and I tended to struggle with this the most out of anything. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in an atmosphere of people I could talk to about our similar technological interests, this is what I enjoy in a work place.
Pros
Friendly people, unstressful managers
Cons
standing in one area for too long
Company closed
EXPERT EN PRODUITS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2016
Travailler au Future Shop etait une experience tres enrichisante , chaque jours etait different et rempli de nouveau defis

La pression afin de rencontrer les objectif de vente etait cependant tres eleve et cela pouvait laisser des tentions inutile sur le milieu de travaille

bonne experience en generale
Home Theater Installer
Home Theatre Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 November 2016
The work itself was great. Installing relatively high end home theater systems and doing custom wiring for customers. The management was good for the most part but there were unfortunately multiple labor law violations. I learnt a lot at Future Shop, but they are no longer around.
Good, but sad they are gone.
Entertainment and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2017
I worked for Future Shop for just under 7 years. I went through several different management changes throughout my time. Although I did enjoy my time there and the people I met, the salary was much to be desired. I miss the company.
Amazing place to work at.
MANAGER ON DUTY (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Learned a lot about retail culture and operations. Was exposed to different styles of management over my 7 year tenure, Co-worker were amazing, wonderful people to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with extremely difficult customers. Loved working there and will definitely miss it.
Pros
Fun environment, always get to work with new tech
Cons
Too much pressure at times
Excellent hours
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 August 2016
The work is very productive with excellent job opportunities for younger generations. Learned how to add electors to polls. Learned excellent time management skills. the hardest part of the day was learning to deal with certain customers with long names. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
free hours
Cons
long working experience.
Great Workplace with Great people
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 September 2016
a typical day at work can be stressful. the learned information varies from price checks to equipment checks to ethical customer service,
Great management and coworkers. hardest part of the job would be memorizing all the chronological tasks. Most enjoyable part was customer service.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Future shop a real Canadian company
Entertainment Expertity (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
I work for best canada for about four years 2 of the years for future shop and as a extra year as a Coop Student.
When i first started there my man tasks were minor repair to hardware issues in Customer units.
later as i was trained i learned how to mange confidential inform with managing data backup and data entry for customers as well as the company its self.
In the year i moved over to selling Computer and other tech related accessories. learn how to fully operate a sales system , as well as manage sale numbers.
after about 4 months i switch to gaming as i was entering my later years in high school where it needed more attention.
the following spring the company became one with best buy and the department i was in was being removed , so i was offered a position of PPA( Product Process ) after one year in the job i went o a full time position were i manged truck numbers as well as inventory levels. furthering my knowledge in data entry
Pros
Family mentality Canadian
Cons
Exellent learning experience with great colleagues.
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON7 February 2017
My department was very efficient usually running on two employees with minimal supervision required. We were given great freedom in settlement of disputes through negotiations.
Fast paced, but great sales environmrnt
Cellular product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2016
I learned a lot about sales in Futureshop. It was commission base, and fast paced. Great money and a lot of nice people willing to always help you on the sales floor. However it was a bit sharky because of the commission style selling, a lot of competition and daily personal budgets to be made. Overall great company to work for, before they all closed down
If they were still open would be great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 February 2017
The only bad thing I can say about Future Shop is they're not still open. Was just a great place to work. Most of the people I worked with were fantastic.
Pros
They gave us commission.
Cons
It's not still open.
Fun, competitive job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 November 2016
At the start of the shift the sales manager would have a meeting with the staff on that shift to go over sales numbers, strategies, and goals. It would also get opened up to talk about any issues or concerns from staff. Next it would be out to the sales floor to first help customers, then work on stock, tags, and if need be, planograms. During the shift if there was any downtime or slower business we would clean, dust, and tidy the section we were responsible for.

I learned about working in retail. How to do planograms, set up displays and demos, and how to handle stock. I also learned the process of inventory counts and loss prevention.

Management was always helpful if there were any issues, concerns or questions.

Co workers were always very competitive which made it enjoyable and motivating, but at the same time light and fun.

Hardest part of the job was when someone called in sick on a busy day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the competitiveness.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Very little room for advancement
Commision sales
Car Audio Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2016
commisioned sales, forced to sell warranty even if you dont beleive it is worth it. taught to be pushy with customers over warrenty options. brutally bad management
Pros
Co workers are nice
Cons
management on all levels
Overall a good place to work
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2016
This was a good job for a high school student. Getting to work in a consumer electronics store with the latest gadgets was fun. There is commission based pay structure so it somewhat of a competitive atmosphere. Good place to develop sales techniques.
Based on the department, you need to service the customers based on their needs and sell warranty on applicable products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC8 September 2016
a lot of times, you need to do the stucking
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
flat wage
Great job that allows you to have fun while still on the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON16 August 2016
Working for the company is great. They care alot about customer service and really take into consideration their client reviews and ways to go about improving.
Pros
Flexible with schedules, cares about their clients, works to be the best
Cons
Hard to move up within the company.