Future Shop

Future Shop Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Over all good place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), sarnia, ontarioMarch 31, 2015
Co-workers were great, store management was good, the job itself was interesting, pay was good, the store had a fun atmosphere and everyone was friends.
Great place to work with too bad
Manager on duty (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 31, 2015
It was commission based and a wonder place to work at, unfortunate that its closed now. Best buy is not the same. It was a pleasure to be part of Future shop
best place ever
csr (Former Employee), calgary,abMarch 31, 2015
Pros: independent
Cons: part time
Provide sales, service, and administrative support to the Financial Planner enabling the Financial Planner to have more and better conversations with customers. Sell basic investment products, including mutual funds, to customers assigned to Financial Planners in alignment with the customer's investment/retirement plans understanding the customer's requirements to meet their immediate investment needs.
• Through customer conversations, proactively identify additional customer financial needs including personal and commercial everyday banking, lending and investments referring customers as appropriate.
• Provide investment-related after-sales service to customers assigned to Financial Planners delivering exceptional customer service.
• Resolve assigned customers' problems/issues effectively and to the customer's satisfaction escalating any unresolved issues to the Financial Planner.
• Strengthen and deepen the relationship of new and existing customers by providing solutions that are in line with the customers' retirement or investment plan and meet their immediate needs, identifying opportunities to increase share of wallet through participation in programs designed to impact customer experience and by applying sales and service principles, practices and techniques
A Fun Place To Work
Product Process Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great discount
Cons: none
I am very much into technology so this is probably the best job I have ever held. They were fun to work for, very flexible, and I certainly learned a lot working there. The management and my co-workers always made me feel welcome, we were a team, a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was I never dreaded going to work, I loved working for them.
productive, fun to work, exceptional team and coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Concord, ONMarch 30, 2015
learned how to deal with customers passively
co workers were amazingly kind
hardest part of the job was to memorize all the sections within the store
the most enjoyable part of the job was being around my coworkers and working at cash
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
All co-workers and managers are an amazing team. Great place to grow and broaden skills. Opportunity for advancement.
I enjoyed working there, very good atmosphere and there is always work to do so you aren't standing around.
PPA Team Member (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: 8 hours shifts, an amazing discount on quite afew different kinds of products in the store.
I worked as a seasonal employee so I wasn't able to stay. I really enjoyed the job and it was a very good place to work. The store is closing now.
Productive, and Fun working environment
Counter Intelligence Technician (Current Employee), Calgary ABMarch 29, 2015
Future Shop is one of the most exciting place to work,A place with diversified nationalities, and where you meet new people everyday.Its really fun.
Productive, Highly competitive but fun work place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good workforce
Cons: Routine
Continuous learning is required to remain up-to-date with new technology advancement. Furthermore, great customer service required to meet standards of the company.
Goal oriented and a fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Make money through each sale
Cons: Have to sale warranties with any given product
If anyone ever asked me what motivates me I would tell them 2 things right away: Money and the smile of satisfaction from the client that I have served at my workplace. At future shop I have learned my ways of achieving my goals and objectives with a huge smile on my face throughout the entire day. The manager was always helpful with me and he appreciated me and my work even more when I used to cross my sales target everyday of my entire 1 year at Future Shop. The best part of working at Future Shop was that I could earn my own salary by selling products and services to my clients and earn a decent amount of pay check. I loved to work there and I know for a fact that I will carry my sales experience towards a better place next time and perform at the highest standard because Future Shop has helped me to develop my potential and skills.
Fast phased and living environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Hard work pays off
Cons: Late night shifts
Educating customers on product with each having a different level of knowledge
Providing them with the right product and plan
Good , Fun workplace
Computer Expert Technician (Current Employee), SaskatchewanMarch 27, 2015
Good place to work, bit stressing. management is OK, so body cares about you they just want number. tech job is not well paid
High expectations with little pay
Product Expert (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 24, 2015
Expected to do it all for usually minimum wage. The staff were always fun and made going to work enjoyable enough where you stuck around. It's a good job for someone in High School.
Seasonal Dump
Home Solutions Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Pointe Claire QCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: commission sales
If you are hired as a seasonal, you are most probably going to be let go at the end of that season.
Unless you are EXCEPTIONAL. they keep one or two
always changing
Operations Manager / Store Manager (Former Employee), cambridgeMarch 4, 2015
things in this industry changed what seemed daily. what was new today was out dated tomorrow. always a great challenge to keep up with all that is new and what the customer is now looking for today not yesterday. staff was always willing to learn and accept sales challenges to met the store budgets. lots of peer to peer coaching and development
great job for students
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Cons: high turnover of good management
Overall fun environment with great people to work with. Stressful at times dealing in customer service. Great Assistant Management available. Relatively flexible hours.
Amazing Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Future Shop is an amazing workplace full of potential. I have learned many traits working for this company that can be used in day to day life as well as the business world.
Exciting and rewarding job
Product Expert (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Very fun work place with many opportunities to improve personal qualities and grow. Learn a lot from not only the workers but the managers step in and assist you to be the best you can be. Everyone around you motivates you to do your best.
variety
GeekSquad CIA Agent (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Lots of job variety and working on different thing every single day. After the cuts there isn't as much advancement stalling in the company is very frustrating.
bad
Electronics sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Hated working at Future Shop, it is what drove me back to school. The hours, the pay, the management were all bad. no one treated you well and the pay was not worth the time and effort. I would not recommend anyone to work there. There was nothing to strive for, no motivation to better myself. I learned not to work in sales anymore. Never work at Future Shop ever!!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more

Future Shop Photos