Future Shop Employee Reviews

Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 July 2017
Working as a sales associate during my quick co-op stint was a great experience as it was my first ever job and taste at the real life. As a sales man, I found speaking to potential customers about their wants and needs was the best way to approach them.
Fun and educational workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 July 2017
I loved working at Futureshop. The commission competition with the other employees made work fun and interesting. Nothing like friendly competition in the workplace to keep things alive.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
None.
it was agreat place to start your career
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC12 July 2017
it was a great pace to start your career and try to move up in the company
knowledgeable staff , great environment to work in

friendly associates and lots of great toys
Picking and Shipping
Repack/Callback (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 July 2017
Picked products from locations with pump truck and got chance to work in other departments like shipping. This area has a lot of bus stops and they come frequently
Pros
the people were really nice
Cons
hard on the body always on the move
Future Shop Employee Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 June 2017
Proactively Sought out Customers to assist across the sales floor Maintain constant presence on sales floor to address customer needs.
A great and fun, easy-paced working environment that garnered opportunity for growth.
Recommend appropriate products and information based upon buying specifications Inquire about buying experience, item preferences and future purchases.
Followed trends to give up-to-date information to customers Escorted customers to products, answered questions about uses' effectively and promptly.
Pros
Fun and supportive team!
Great
Entertainment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2017
It is gone now, but while it lasted it was a decent Job. Learned a lot, met a lot of people. Learned how to manage schedules and run a department under some of the best upper management.
Excellent Tv services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 June 2017
It was a fun place to work, great co workers and enjoyable customers. Easy place to fit in and everyone is kind and warmhearted making working there a breeze.
Pros
discounts on elecctronics
Greatest Place to work and Live
Product Processor/ Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 June 2017
Absolutely amazing team of people that was more like family that co-workers. I worked in a small store with 30 other individuals ranging from car audio installer to cashiers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Bad customers from time to time
Good place to work.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 June 2017
Good experience working for a major electronic retailer. Learned a lot about the value technology brings to the everyday lives of Canadians. Happy with the experience!
Aucun respect des employés
Technicienne informatique (Former Employee) –  Lachenaie, QC14 June 2017
j'étais seule d'employée pour gérer tout le département de soutien technique, donc aucune pause m'étais ``autorisé``.
Cons
aucune pause
Productive and Friendly Environment
Sales Representative and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
My Co-op placement at Future shop gave me good first hand knowledge on selling products and dealing with customers. I also learned how to manage the store and general store upkeep such as restocking shelves, changing price tags, scanning price tags, and also organizing and placing products efficiently. A typical day at work is also enjoyable because you can go 1 on 1 with customers and you are not pressured, thus you can be more friendly with the customers. Fellow employers were also friendly, they helped me in getting comfortable in the workplace and they taught me the ropes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Standing on the Floor for a long time
Productive place of employment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 June 2017
Awesome place to work and very family oriented. Sales were driven by professional sales people and lots of training available to learn and advance. Managers provided training and held accountability when required but managed fairly.
Pros
Fun and exciting place to work
Cons
bought out by Best Buy
Appliances Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2017
Fun place to work, good positive team work environment. Learned and applied sales skill set to gain a better understanding of how to provide and implement customer service to satisfy customer needs
it doesnt exist
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 June 2017
there is no such thing as future shop now, they got bought out by best buy then a bunch of those closed up shop later, its all fun and games until someone loses their job.
this place does not exist
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 May 2017
This place does no exist, and therefore there is nothing to say about this place. Fusion cup has great coffee. Best buy owns them. Video games are great. That is all.
Sales
Mobile Audio Expert (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 May 2017
I was extremely shy and this sales position made me confident and talkative. I would make sales and commissions and managers would always make sure we were motivated to sell.
Pros
Great team, morning huddles, appreciating hard work.
Cons
only so much room to grow
Very social-able, friendly, educational
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 May 2017
Typically my job responsibilities were; Cash Till balancing, customer returns/exchanges processing, customer complaint resolution.

The people I worked with were fantastic. Most were very supportive, informative, and friendly.

Management actually seemed to care about the well-being of their employees, and strive to make us happy, and comfortable in this team-based work setting.

The hardest part about the job, was one of it's primary functions; Customer complaint resolution. Most of the time, we received the brunt of the customer's wrath, even though we aren't the ones responsible for the issue to begin with.

Honestly, the social events coordinated with our team, such as; Parties, outing, and special training events (free loot) were my favourite part of the job.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours, great people.
Cons
Holiday schedule, can get extremely busy
productive
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
my typical day at work would be unloading the truck full of merchandise and organized into the warehouse.
ii learned house to use a pump truck.
worplace culture was great everybody got along with each other
Great Company
Computer Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 May 2017
Very customer service based job position. Must be a people person as well as being very knowledgeable on the department you are working in. Staff is nice
Tech centre at its finest
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 May 2017
Stressful environment as sales target are always pushed on employees but store traffic wasn't much so its hard to sell. Other then that great environment great people
Pros
free food
Cons
Bad hours