Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Future Shop- Good Job
Sales Rep/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 15, 2016
- Greet Customers and help them
- Maintain the Store Throughout the day and return merchandise.
- It was a fast pace moving environment and we had to the meet quotas . Seasonal time it was busy like Christmas and "Back to School" so we had to prevent any theft from happening and provide good customer service to tons of customers. Unfortunately it was closed down Canada Wide.
Fun place to work at with different people to interact with
Product Expert (Sales) (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 11, 2016
Pros: Flexible break time
Cons: long hours during boxing day
Typical day at work would mainly be selling product and services to customers.

I have learned that each product and service is built for different people and for different uses. Some people might think they need product A but actually product B is a better fit. There is a need to educate customers and end-users on certain specifics.

Management was great at Futureshop, considering sales are the bottom of the food chain in the corporate ladder, management has be fair on requests and needs.

Hardest part of the job is to help customers differentiate hardware malfunction and physical damage on devices.

The most enjoyable part of the job is educating people what I've learned in product studies and developments.
Very good workplace environment
Product Expert/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
-A typical day at work would consist of Clean and Bright the department, selling appliances, TVs and Speakers, Providing great customer service
- I learned a lot about appliances and working with people, as well as negotiating
-Management was great, always there to help out and always have your back
- It was very easy to get along with co-workers but at the same time it was competitive working in the commission sales environment
-Hardest part of the job would be when customers bought big ticket items without warrantee and something would go wrong with it not too long down the road and we weren't able to do as much as we wished we could to help them out because of some of the policies.
- Most enjoyable part of working here was getting to know new people(customers and fellow employees)
Setups and recoveries
Setup customers laptop (Former Employee), Young and EglintonJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Working with laptops and smartphones
Working at Future Shop was a great opportunity because of how I am able to work with many different kinds of computers, helped customers setup their laptops by installing what programs they need. I also got to install screen shields for customers smartphones. I learned a lot about computer problems, and helped other Future Shop workers with their situations.
Great place to learn about end user characterstics
Product Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: access to new tech
Cons: scheduling hours are done last minute
Engaged with customers to build optimal product packages, services and solutions that suit their needs. Evaluated sales opportunities and provided application recommendations for the effective use of computer equipment
sales organisation
Product Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches on vip sales
Cons: long shifts during christmas
while working at fureshop i learned lot about how to intract with the peoples because it was my first job in this country. day after day i start gaining confidence while working. it was a very fun place to work with goals and targets in mind. managment was very supportive. whenever need any help, they were always their to help. co- workers were like a family members because we spend most of the time in the store. the hardest part of the job was the long hours during christmas time every year with the focus to acheive target in mind. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday we get to see new customer with different culture and try to learn something new about their culture.
good money
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCMarch 16, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours on boxing day, not allowed to take boxing week off
pay was good,good environment,good people,i learnt a lot in the short period of time i was there. i wanna to stay but since this was seasonal position they gave this job to someone else with less experience & minimum wages
My most enjoyable team in retail
Imaging & Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, nice events and promotions for employees
Cons: Only part time
Had the lucky chance of working with a great team at my first retail position. Lots of fun with staff and customers alike. Great work environment, can get overwhelming with customers during the holidays though. Took all the shifts I could, wish there was more. Tried commission position, found it tricky.
exciting to learn about new technology
Cashier (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 13, 2016
Pros: Commission on small at the counter sales
Cons: Low hourly wage
During Future Shop operations the job was exciting and fast pace in the busy hours and especially boxing day. A cashier position was an entry job, it was easy and I had a chance to learn about sales and customer service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
I loved working at future shop. The environment was great and you work with great people. You learn a lot more about the products featured at future shop. It was great because when there was long days of work such as boxing day they would even provide you with lunch to work through the day.
Productive sales oriented atmosphere and just one big family
Sales Consultant - Customer Sales Service Support (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Long days that we called "Iron Man Days" and we were compensated with whatever free lunch we wanted, but with a $ cap
Cons: Holidays and special occasions always get interrupted but it was part of the job, but loved my Retail Family as well!
Always happy to go to work and spend time while learning and teaching and meeting new people with my second family/My work family!!! It was retail, and in retail you spend more time with staff than you do with family.
Competitive and Engaging Environment
Cellular Expert/Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 3, 2016
Pros: Opportunity to grow within the company, Accomodating management and scheduling
Cons: No warning to closure
At Future Shop I was given the opportunity to meet new faces every single day. There would be new challenges with each day as I worked to meet a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly quota in sales.

My management staff encouraged me to not only compete with the staff along side me but the staff from other locations across the country.

All of our co-workers would push each other to achieve higher targets and have smoother sales transactions with more efficient executions. However, even though we would push each other there was a certain morale integrity that wasn't taught but learned in the culture that Future Shop provided.

Future Shop was a great company to start my career in sales and customer service.

I would recommend anyone looking to get a start in sales to look to Best Buy Canada.
fun and fast paced retail environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: occational free lunches and employee games days
Cons: stressful, and mean customers
although i was there for a short period of time, i really enjoyed working at future shop ( except for black friday. WOW!) I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Fun and Competitive Sales Environment
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Incentives for performing better
Cons: Lots of standing
Future Shop Waterloo was a good work environment for developing and honing my sales work ethic and techniques. Management and co-workers were all very respectively and accommodating to a variety of circumstances ranging from requiring days off to filling in when the floor got busy. Sad to see the company go.
i got nice people and team to work with, best customer satisfaction for customers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: good team
Cons: some times hectic
i had a good time working there with a team. unfortunately future shop close down otherwise i would have kept working there. it was a nice place to work in a nice and friendly environment.
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons: Cut throat
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Excellent place to work
Multi-Channel Sales Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
It was the best place to work with positive environment always.
I learnt a lot of new skills from my co-workers in regards to maintaining a stability in work.
I received a lot of Recognition awards throughout my career in this company
Comfortable place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free gym, Free Sauna - Great hours.
Cons: It shut down.
This place helped me with my physical health. I never worked out in a gym before I started working for this spa. And that is because the owner there motivated me to always the best in everything. I think she was a wonderful owner.
Best Place to work!
Customer Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Everything
Cons: Closed down
Working at Future Shop was the best. Everyone got along and worked great together! The management knew how to motivate you to do better everyday.
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: commission flexible schedule lots of free knowledge
Cons: base salary
Great opportunity to discover many different sales techniques and to apply them. As a sales associate I learned from day one through 2 full days of training great sales basics and had many trainings through my 3 years. Lots of fun getting to know your client face to face and selling them a full package while maintaining a great margin.