Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Computer Technician, Tech Lead (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 16, 2015
I had e good experience with customer facing.
We did not have job security from last year
We had good employee discount.
For IT position there is not much room to improve.
Loved it
Mobile Audio Sales Rep (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Discount, Pay
Cons: Pressure
Fun place to work, wicked discount. Some days are slow and others are so busy the time just flies by. A lot of pressure from the boss to close the sales tho.
fun and challenging work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good earning culture
Cons: no job security
..................................................................................................................................................................................
Closed
IT Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Good company to work for, good work life balance.
Very helpful peers. A lot of opportunity to grow within the organization.
Some traveling is involved.
Best Job I ever had
Installer, Computer Tech, Merchandiser (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Outstanding work enviroment
Cons: Stores country wide Closed......
I would get to work to have an energizing morning meeting with the opening staff
Check my install schedule
Depending if I had jobs scheduled would decide my day in the store, I would do merchandising, help out in the computer tech room with repairs and setups, or help anywhere in the store.
if I had installs, I'd tidy up between jobs, help my supervisor if needed
end of day would consist of thoroughly – more... cleaning the shop

I learned how to install car starters, helped maintain car dealership contracts and install car stereo's. I also learned that my dedication to quality was recognized enough to be offered a couple of shop manager positions in less than 2 years.

Management was awesome, treated everyone like family

co-workers were always friendly an inviting.

the job was never really hard, everyone was willing to help make things easily understandable

every day was enjoyable at future shop – less
good place for co-op
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: willing to teach co-op students
Cons: machine like. and very repeatable work
I participated in a co-op class there for 220 hours.The work is easy to learn but its the same thing everyday.The work consts of mostly printing off bar codes to update prices and stock shelves.
Sad they closed
Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 12, 2015
Great people
Good experiences
Awesome work environment
Long days never seemed long
Corporate made some bad calls
Sad that they closed the stores without notice.
fun workplace to work
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), bramptonJuly 9, 2015
Pros: they have a lot of prize giveaways for people who work hard.
Cons: gets really busy and some sometime stressfull
i love best buy i did seasonal work and its a wonderful place to work there clean friendly and just a good all round company to work for.
if you love tech
Product Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
great place to work, fast pace environment. Exposed to lots of cool technology. However you must be available to working weekends and compensation is high.
Future Shop
Cashier Cust. Service Rep Online Sales As (Former Employee), GuelphJune 25, 2015
Pros: Eveything
Cons: nothing
The most amazing job I've ever had. Management was fantastic and really treated me as a friend instead of an employee, but not in a unprofessional way. Coworkers were amazing, age difference did not effect my friendships I had while working there. Costumers were nice 90% of the time, and when they were not, staff handled it very well.
Extremely inviting atmosphere. Uniforms are comfortable.
wont ever work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Weston, ONJune 24, 2015
the company is not customer focus it all about the bottom dollar. was force to sale that is over stock and made the most money not what the customer needed
Sales associate, very intense work environment
Product Expert (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: shorter shifts and worked in a smaller section
Cons: employee distribution and sales tactics of other employees
Even though its not supposed to be competitive, it turned out to be that way. Always a movement of employees in and out of the store. So, it was quite difficult to know who to talk to for product advice. At certain points, certain weekends/holidays, we was understaffed so the employees were frustrated, as were the customers for not having been assisted in an appropriate time. The managers were quite pushy about sales, but did not help with employee distribution.
Busy Multi Million Dollar Retail
Key Holder / Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Company has since closed
Was actively involved in set up of a brand new FutureShop store in Brampton, Ontario.
Constant awareness of customer & transactions in order to stop theft and fraud.
Entrusted with providing approvals for sales transactions requiring a managers approval.
Responsible for scheduling and managing labour budgets for all store employees.
Verifying and submitting weekly employee payroll hours and – more... commission.
Able to deal with aggressive customers in a calm and professional manner.
Handled large volume of customers at Returns and Cash counters during the stores peak periods on a daily basis and during the holiday season.
In charge of reconciling the day’s cash and credit sales transactions at the end of the day.
Was appointed Credit Captain for promoting the company financing card and successfully helped the store achieve number one status in this area.
Input new hire information and trained all new associates.
Assisted in stores periodic full inventory count. – less
Fun, Fast-Paced, Problem Solving, Learn New Things Everyday
Operations (Former Employee), OntarioJune 23, 2015
Future Shop was always a great place to work. It had always offered great opportunity to continue growth whether it was by moving up within the ranks or learning on how to better yourself within the position that you are in. Most of all it always felt like a very close knit family oriented environment. Endless support from all aspects of the business regardless position and rank, the entire team was always united as one.
Fun and productive enviorment
Geek Squad Agent/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), White Rock, BCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good management, Friendly coworkers
Cons: Low wage, No benefits, no advancement
Typical day included assisting various customers with technical issues. Providing customers with efficient ways of payment. Assisting clients with credit card applications.
Huge work crew that were always fun to engage in conversation
Home Theater Installer (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJune 12, 2015
-Installed home theater equipment into peoples homes
-Some of the coolest co-workers I had ever worked with.
-Management was solid and always had time for your questions/concerns
Great job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 2, 2015
Pros: Money, Management, Co-workers, Sales
Great job all around. Had the opportunity to make tons of money on the commission structure. Only negatives were that at some parts of the year it could get extremely busy and you were required to work more hours, which wasn't always the best if you are a student.
fun at work
Product Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
- flexible hours
- met a diverse group of customers and learnt their lifestyles
- got to work with employees with different cultures
- garnered great product knowledge
- great incentives on good performance
- great benefits
- excellent work place ethics and excellent customer focused working environment
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2015
- A typical day at work would start with a very positive attitude as you enter the work place. The sales cycle would typically start with approaching a customer, greeting the customer, professional self-introduction, understanding the customer by asking life style questions including questions on usage, who would be using the products, the lighting environment in the viewing area etc.., explaining – more... the different product options and technologies involved, recommending the right product given the customer's needs and requirements, ensure complete solution and customer satisfaction and finally providing customer with excellent after sales support and service.
- The job gave great insight into time management, perseverance, honing customer negotiating skills, problem solving techniques, understanding customer trends better, sales closing techniques.
- The management and co-workers were very supportive and worked as a team to achieve department and store sales targets and company objectives.
- The job experience has been consistently motivating, part of "have fun while being the best" attitude which made even the hardest situation while on the sale floor fun to deal with and with full professionalism involved. The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving full satisfaction in knowing that the customer not only got the best deal possible with the right products but also well taken care of in terms of excellent after sales support consistent with "customer for life" iideology. – less
Great Place, Great People
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2015
I learned how to interact with customers in a sales driven workplace. It was the most fun I've had a job in awhile. The most enjoyable part was how management approached dealing with problems. For example, if they thought I was lacking in sales, they would give me tips and tricks to increase my numbers. They made work feel fun, not like a chore.

1 2 3 4 5

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more