Future Shop

Future Shop Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Future Shop is an amazing workplace full of potential. I have learned many traits working for this company that can be used in day to day life as well as the business world.
Exciting and rewarding job
Product Expert (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Very fun work place with many opportunities to improve personal qualities and grow. Learn a lot from not only the workers but the managers step in and assist you to be the best you can be. Everyone around you motivates you to do your best.
variety
GeekSquad CIA Agent (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Lots of job variety and working on different thing every single day. After the cuts there isn't as much advancement stalling in the company is very frustrating.
bad
Electronics sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Hated working at Future Shop, it is what drove me back to school. The hours, the pay, the management were all bad. no one treated you well and the pay was not worth the time and effort. I would not recommend anyone to work there. There was nothing to strive for, no motivation to better myself. I learned not to work in sales anymore. Never work at Future Shop ever!!!!
Great culture
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: no advancing in company
Wonderful peers to work with. I learned lots of customer service skills, and patience! 99.9 % of the customers were fantastic. Lots of learning and knowledge to have. The more you know, the more you can sell and less returns.
If you're a techy kind of person I highly recommend a job here.
WEB SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I have been with Future Shop for a very long time. There is always room there for advancement and also just movement if you need a change of scenery. At my specific location in Sarnia, the staff is pretty much like family. We help each other out when necessary and we all spend time together outside of work as well. The salary and benefits are competitive and sufficient. All in all, a great place to work!!
the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 11, 2015
working at future shop was great
i met tons of new people, learned lots of new things
like great customer service skills
i loved working in my department
i worked in the entertainment center
the management however could have been better, it was not organized at all
Great Place To Be
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced enviroment
This job is something I loved but ultimately I had to quit due to school reasons, would recommend this job to anyone, just make sure that you are sure you are going into the right position for this job. Some departments are very fast paced.
Alright place, wouldn't recommend.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2015
One day, they just closed up shop without telling anybody. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They don't value their employees.
good job bad salary, no recognition, equivalent to a janitor
Merchandiser,Doorman,Sales associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: bad community, too much work load
heavy duty job for the salary is not worth it, coworkers in your department are cool, the others will hate you
Was an amazing experience
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great discount, always seeing new technology first
Cons: sometimes you don't get the hours
Great environment, loved the people, loved most of management. Felt as a team even with the commission base. This was also in 2008, i heard their commission structure has changed but at the time i was making great income. I liked the customer base, the new products, and the company is a great one to work for!
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 24, 2015
- Greeted customers and determined their needs and wants
- Explained the use and advantage of merchandise to customers
- Answered customers’ queries and concerns
great place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 22, 2015
manage customer service desk
help customers with returns and purchases
deal with customer related issues
great people to work with
most enjoyable part of job was the people and the things you could accomplish
fun workplace with friendly people
Product Process Associate (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: had to be able to stand and walk for 6 - 8 hours
* Typical day of work consist of moving goods from warehouse to the sales floor and doing carryout for customer
* Learned to manage time by multitasking, audit goods and operate Work Assist Vehicle
* Management are very hard worker and very approachable with employee
Waste of my time and zero training,screwed out of commision
Salesman (Former Employee), Red Deer,AlbertaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: a tv and a ps4 in the break room, thats it
Cons: everything
Was hired on as a seasonal associate which they did not tell me and said i was a permanent part time sales associate so lied to right off the bat.Management didn't know my name for the first 2 weeks i was there, they always asked me if i was here for an interview and if there was a product i was looking for even though i had worked at least 7 shifts with them prior :/ Was given no training and was scheduled for a 12 hour shift on black Friday with no prior knowledge of where or how any of the store operations were done. Was not given my commission i earned and i made over $300 that should have been given to me. The management team was useless any time you asked them a question they always say they will be right back with you and they never come back even after repeated times asking for basic assistance and the simplest of questions. The commission nature of sales is deadly, i started work there with a good friend and he turned into a complete money hungry monster over it so beware if you do work here people will not hesitate to throw you under the bus over a $100 sale, the team is very much like a clique and if you don't get on with them than you will be outcast right away. Complete waste of my time
fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
days can be slow but everyone i work with are nice and fun to work with. i make 11.50 an hour. management is nice easy to talk to and very attentive, the hardest part of working there is the hours arent that great
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I enjoy working here. It is a fun environment with a great team of people to work with.
Seasonal
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee), CambridgeJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: discount and co-workers
A day at Future Shop would be at the till up selling featured products, checking out customers. I learned a lot about technology that wasn't known before. Management was great, good communication great patience welcoming team. Working there wasn't hard at all, just getting used to the system. The most enjoyable part of the job was the morning meetings before opening with the objectives of that day.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of new technology
Computer & Office Products Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: to have the chance to learn and touch the newest cool electronic products.
Cons: old school big retail store business is going down.
* a typical day at work

Answer customer's question, offer them complete solution to fit their needs.

* what you learned

exceed customers expectation to achieve the goal of Customer For Live.

* Management

Future Shop provide the best training to their future leader compare to other retail store.

* my co-workers

Fun to work with

*the hardest part of the job
N/A

* the most enjoyable part of the job

when I received a hand writing thank you card from a customer.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), MississaugaJanuary 6, 2015
Worked as a senior level 3 inhome and instore technician as well as a network specialist.

1 2 3 4 5

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more

Future Shop Photos