Future Shop Employee Reviews

Fun place to work but problems with management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 October 2017
Future shop has since migrated to best buy but I did experience problems with management. The culture was prone to favouritism and I often felt that I was not recognized properly for my contribution. The pay was decent since it was commission based if you worked hard.
Future Shop
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
Good place to work but they are closed now. If you hustled you made money, if you didnt, you were pretty much fired. the company didnt want to pay employees minimum wage. they wanted employees to be on commission because it meant they were making money for the company.
Very organized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2017
The sales team is well trained and very friendly. Developed expert-level product knowledge of electronics. Sales representatives are able to deal with customer problems with ease.
Learned alot about electronics
Electronic expert (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 September 2017
Was very educational and instrumental in me learning about technology and electronics. Differently was something I had alot of prior knowledge of before working here. Overall a great experience
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Minimum wage
Flexible hours with great team
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  1141 Kennedy Rd., Scarborough, ON M1P 2K817 September 2017
As a merchandiser we're the first one in the store. Our team are really close and work great together. The managers are optimistic and notice when someone is doing a fine job.
did it for my co-op
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 September 2017
worked there for my school co-op and i figured they would have me doing a ton of work no one wanted to do but that was not the case it was a great place
Pros
awesome
great experience
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2017
working in Paris opened me up to a new culture, I was able to meet new people with different skills and abilities. It is a fast paced working environment.
Learning/Stage
Merchandiser (Stage) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
-Mornings were rough always having too show up at 7:00 to stock merchandise prior too store opening
-Tagging Merchandise and Dealing with shipments
-Management was never around but the senior staff was always helpful
-Fun and free in terms of working conditions
-The beginning stage was extremely hard too adapt too because it may not seem like it but it was a very fast paced job
-Was the staff
Pros
Testing games
Cons
Early Hours
not too bad a place too work
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON5 September 2017
overall not terrible but the tills/cash registers are all extremely out dated and are always crashing not allowing us to process payments, which always makes your job harder
its gone
Car Audio Salesman (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 September 2017
it was good while it lasted, good money, good hours, friendly people, management was quite good, fun place to work, lots of cool and exciting things to sell
people are so good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2017
This is my first job. I learned everyday different things. I have helped customers to find products. do the inventory everyday and label all the products if they need
Great part time oppurtunity
Home Theatre Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2017
Commissioned position, and gives great potential for earning. Especially, when working as part time. Fun environment to work, if interested in technology and also good place to interact.
Great electronics
Seasonal Product Expert and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 August 2017
Great place to work in the electronics industry. Competitive environment (commission based sales) and great management. Friendly staff and working environment
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
I worked at the Future Shop as Sales Associate which was a great experience. This job provided me with ample experience in addressing the customers' needs and concerns. I always enjoyed to go above and beyond to let the customers leave our store fully satisfied.
Doesnt exist anymore
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
Doesnt exist anymore. Bought by Best Buy. Best buy overhauled the commission structure and sunk many a good sales people (I hope all have found excellent jobs thereafter).
fun enviroment, good pay, good staff deals
Instrument Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2017
lots of advancement
managers are good \
fun environment
easy to get to
Pros
good pay, fun people, good enviroment
Cons
could be better training, managers should care more
Could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 August 2017
Job and life does not have any balance. Salary is basic and health benefits were good. No job advancement or job security even if promised by management. Management lacked in commitment to employees. Job culture did not seem to exist as everyone was only looking out for themselves and no team support.
profasional and knowlegable product experts
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 August 2017
This company is closed now. However, at the time was fun and appealing store for customers whom seek professional advise from expert sales persons. The staff were well knowledgeable about electronics and their products as well as the market and other competitions. Their world class customer service can't be seen any where else after....
Cons
sold to competition
Nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 July 2017
As a merchandiser, you needed to know where everything was in the store so that you could stock it all up. You also needed to be in the back to unload the truck deliveries and load truck deliveries for appliances. Overall, it was fun. Some of the supervisors were bad to be around, they would be attacking verbally, but overall, you do your job and you fit in well.
Pros
Great staff to be with
fun
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, On27 July 2017
even though they are no longer an up and running business and have been absorbed by Best buy, the friends and family and environment will always be an excellent one