Future Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent hours
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 30, 2016
The work is very productive with excellent job opportunities for younger generations. Learned how to add electors to polls. Learned excellent time management skills. the hardest part of the day was learning to deal with certain customers with long names. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
free hours
Cons
long working experience.
It was fun... But in the end...
Assistant Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 28, 2016
I have nothing good to say about this company.... But I did get to meet a handful of decent people, I saw cool gadgets and the staff discount was to die for!
Pros
Discounts & People
Cons
What they did
Fast paced, but great sales environmrnt
Cellular product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 21, 2016
I learned a lot about sales in Futureshop. It was commission base, and fast paced. Great money and a lot of nice people willing to always help you on the sales floor. However it was a bit sharky because of the commission style selling, a lot of competition and daily personal budgets to be made. Overall great company to work for, before they all closed down
Great job that allows you to have fun while still on the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 16, 2016
Working for the company is great. They care alot about customer service and really take into consideration their client reviews and ways to go about improving.
Pros
Flexible with schedules, cares about their clients, works to be the best
Cons
Hard to move up within the company.
Excellentl place to work!
Merchandiser/Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 9, 2016
Great staff and great people in general with whom i worked with. Attention to detail was key in this job and really helped me going forward with my future endeavors
n/a
Cell Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2016
After working for Future shop for 5 years
i have learned alot ,i have improved on my skills ,specially Sales skill and customer service skills
audio installation
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 25, 2016
-installed stereo systems
-helped install remote starters
-helped customers choose the best products for their budget
Fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2016
Mcdonalds was a fun work place the crew got along well. Some nights are so busy you have to stay and work longer without rebuttal.
Productive and fun work place with tons of perks
Elite Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2016
Great Company to work for with great value and benefits, amazing training program for growth and development.
Pros
Commsion
Cons
too much politic
Thought I was selling computers...
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2016
I went into the job with the title "Computer Salesmen" however after training it really felt like "Warrenty Salesmen" cause that really all I was selling. This job was not one of my favorites for sure, I was disappointed to now be selling something I myself wouldn't buy but I tried to move past that and just be honest with my customers on the warranties and surprisingly that worked and three months later I was comfortably selling computers and letting customers choose if they were interested in Warranties which sounds good except as a salesmen I was supposed to make commision on sales however trouble with my manager getting stuck in another country had me left without this, so I was still making my training wage 3 months later while my co workers used there name to take my sales, eventually I was switched to Stock where they wanted me to Stay until 3am, and as a transit rider I have no way to do that, so I made the decision to end my employment with them.
Pros
Job wasn't to bad
Cons
Mangers
It was a well managed workplace
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 11, 2016
It was a good place to work in because the management was exceptional. They had a high standard and we were expected to meet them.
Great co-workers and fun atmosphere
Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJuly 8, 2016
I worked at Future Shop for close to two years. I moved from entertainment to digital imagining then I moved to BC and they moved me to the Samsung store and then TVs eventually. I'd give the all around work experience a 7 but in terms of the people I'd give it a 9. Days weren't that long and they went by pretty quickly. I'm gonna be honest, with what Best Buy the company did to Future Shop and it's employees was underly horrible so its hard for me to say really much nice things about the company itself. But the store and people and atmosphere was top notch.
Pros
amazing crew, fooseball table in the break room, lots of help, great atmosphere
Cons
commission based, boring at times.
Productive and fun workplace
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 5, 2016
Very relaxed management that were very helpful in whatever I required. A typical day would include helping employees and stocking shelves.
Computer Technician
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Assist in helping clients discover and solve problems that the computer may be experiencing or problems that the clients have with their product. Help customers setup and install programs that customers want on their computers when they buy a new product.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/A
Computer maintenance and repair
Geek Squad (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 17, 2016
When customers brought their computers to us I would take them in and take notes on what each computer and laptop need to have done to them to correct the computer issue at the time. I would then repair or do maintenance on each unit assigned to me whether it virus removal , computer tune up or hardware repair. I would then return the computer unit to the customer explaining what was done to their unit and then complete the process by completing the payment process and returning the computer to the customer.
loved it and miss it
sales-cashier-customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 13, 2016
Aamazing! Great managers and staff and team members. Benefits were good. Good deals amazing Christmas parties that were held and great fun activities.
Genuinely one of the best times of my life.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work for me was getting to talk to people about computers, games and accessories for those things. It was one of my dream jobs.

I learned that there is such a thing as moving upwards. Something to look forward to. Knowing what I needed to know and making sure that if I didn't - I passed the customer along to someone that did.

My Co-workers were some of the best friends I'd ever met. We were able to talk to each other outside of work and have a good time when not around the workplace and functioned just as well within the workplace.

The hardest part of the job, was knowing whether or not the customer I'd deal with would have a question I could answer or couldn't answer. My biggest fear, was not knowing something.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was being surrounded by people that loved what they were doing and that helped me to love what I was doing in the process.
Fun environment with good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
No day was the same but you continuously improve the store appearance for the customer and employee's, while receiving and stocking the shelves to ensure popular products are always in stock and shipping defective or call backs. Learned a lot about time management, teamwork, customer service, communication and inventory management.
Work place enviroment
Sales Associate, Home Solutions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
Enjoyed the people that i worked with. Our input mattered in terms of all aspects of the Business.Customer service was my number one priority. Trained and managed new staff on occasion. We were driven to exceed in our goals.I improved my skills over the course of my time with the company.
Pros
Overall a great place to work.
Cons
None.
Amazing place to work over all especially with a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
I worked for Future Shop for almost 12 yrs and enjoyed ever moment. Of course there were some ups and downs as far as sales however overall it was enjoyable
Pros
Great work culture.
Cons
Christmas season can be a little draining.