Future Shop Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work, While it lasted.
Home Theater Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 March 2017
Future Shop had an excellent work culture. From up-to-date courses on the newest technologies we learned about the newest products specific to our departments. The commissions were fair, but hard to attain. In order to draw commission, each employee had to upsell customers with warranties, services, and accessories. It was a shame that when Best Buy bought out Future Shop the changes that were made ended up with Future Shop closing it's doors forever.
Pros
excellent team building and employee satisfaction focus
Cons
commissions were hard to attain.
My thoughts on my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Customer Service Representative17 January 2017
I have been working for Future Shop/Bestbuy for almost 5 years now, the work is very good. Sometimes it can be busy and has it's slow day's.
The work is great and the people I work with are like family at times. Sometimes when it becomes busy I can't help at the desk because of being at the till area, I do wish at times we had more staff. I do enjoy helping customers and co-workers.
Pros
I enjoy my job with working with customers.
Cons
Wish I had more hours.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
People respond to negative performance reviews the same way death row inmates respond when questioned about their culpability; everybody insists they’re innocent and the wrong man got the rap. Sure, you may be more likely to reject a verdict if it will end your life, not just your job, but whenever we get publicly chastised for bad behavior our instinct is to defend ourselves and our decisions.
Pros
Decent
Cons
decent
Great atmosphere with tons of room to grow and find your place.
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
days were sometimes long and the work life balance wasent always great at times.

they demanded alot of you but you also grew with every challenge.

sales was a challenging atmosphere that gave you alot of oppurtunity to make alot of money.

there was a family like atmosphere and stores as well as managers worked together very well.
Pros
atmosphere, oppurtunity
Cons
long hours, poor work-life balance
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 March 2017
My manager and coworkers were easy going and entertaining at times. It was a fun environment for what it is. During night shift hours we could listen to our own music and during day shifts we were appreciated by our sales team with assisting them in closing sales by going above and beyond to provide the product the customer requested.
Great Company
Entertaniment Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2017
I really loved my job at Future Shop it made me grow in so many ways as a person, Employee and a manager. Work culture was great. The hardest part of the job was to keep performing and profiting while having resources are constantly being cut. the most enjoyable part was the people and the friendship made...
Pros
People
Cons
Shiting down'
Good, but sad they are gone.
Entertainment and Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2017
I worked for Future Shop for just under 7 years. I went through several different management changes throughout my time. Although I did enjoy my time there and the people I met, the salary was much to be desired. I miss the company.
Company closed
EXPERT EN PRODUITS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2016
Travailler au Future Shop etait une experience tres enrichisante , chaque jours etait different et rempli de nouveau defis

La pression afin de rencontrer les objectif de vente etait cependant tres eleve et cela pouvait laisser des tentions inutile sur le milieu de travaille

bonne experience en generale
Friendly staff and friendly management.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 October 2016
I would generally just ring through customer orders, help out with bigger items, and help sales associates with their customers. Here I have learned how to work and close a till. My co-workers felt more like a big family of friends, and our manager were responsible but still very cool people. The hardest part of the job was pretty much anything to do with the cellshop, such as PSP exchanges, the order in which you had to follow steps was very complicated, and I tended to struggle with this the most out of anything. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in an atmosphere of people I could talk to about our similar technological interests, this is what I enjoy in a work place.
Pros
Friendly people, unstressful managers
Cons
standing in one area for too long
Home Theater Installer
Home Theatre Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 November 2016
The work itself was great. Installing relatively high end home theater systems and doing custom wiring for customers. The management was good for the most part but there were unfortunately multiple labor law violations. I learnt a lot at Future Shop, but they are no longer around.
Future shop a real Canadian company
Entertainment Expertity (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
I work for best canada for about four years 2 of the years for future shop and as a extra year as a Coop Student.
When i first started there my man tasks were minor repair to hardware issues in Customer units.
later as i was trained i learned how to mange confidential inform with managing data backup and data entry for customers as well as the company its self.
In the year i moved over to selling Computer and other tech related accessories. learn how to fully operate a sales system , as well as manage sale numbers.
after about 4 months i switch to gaming as i was entering my later years in high school where it needed more attention.
the following spring the company became one with best buy and the department i was in was being removed , so i was offered a position of PPA( Product Process ) after one year in the job i went o a full time position were i manged truck numbers as well as inventory levels. furthering my knowledge in data entry
Pros
Family mentality Canadian
Cons
Exellent learning experience with great colleagues.
Appliance Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON7 February 2017
My department was very efficient usually running on two employees with minimal supervision required. We were given great freedom in settlement of disputes through negotiations.
Now the company is out of market.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
Future Shop is gone, now only Best Buy stores are still selling products . Future Shop at Broadway was a busy store , just like other retails , of course , for IT staff, the pay they can receive will not be high.
Amazing place to work at.
MANAGER ON DUTY (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Learned a lot about retail culture and operations. Was exposed to different styles of management over my 7 year tenure, Co-worker were amazing, wonderful people to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with extremely difficult customers. Loved working there and will definitely miss it.
Pros
Fun environment, always get to work with new tech
Cons
Too much pressure at times
fun workplace with great lunchroom
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2017
great company for late teens and young twenties.
the most enjoyable part was working with the latest tech, and the knowledge gained.
gained a lot of disciplinary skills and traits.
If they were still open would be great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 February 2017
The only bad thing I can say about Future Shop is they're not still open. Was just a great place to work. Most of the people I worked with were fantastic.
Pros
They gave us commission.
Cons
It's not still open.
Great Workplace with Great people
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 September 2016
a typical day at work can be stressful. the learned information varies from price checks to equipment checks to ethical customer service,
Great management and coworkers. hardest part of the job would be memorizing all the chronological tasks. Most enjoyable part was customer service.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Interesting Environment
Home Theater Product Expert (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 January 2017
Leant a lot about vehicles,Taking care of inventory and also following up with clients to make sure the sale is closed.Never had a bad day working there because it was fun meeting new people
Excellent hours
Sales Associate/Gaming department (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 August 2016
The work is very productive with excellent job opportunities for younger generations. Learned how to add electors to polls. Learned excellent time management skills. the hardest part of the day was learning to deal with certain customers with long names. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
free hours
Cons
long working experience.
Fast paced, but great sales environmrnt
Cellular product Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2016
I learned a lot about sales in Futureshop. It was commission base, and fast paced. Great money and a lot of nice people willing to always help you on the sales floor. However it was a bit sharky because of the commission style selling, a lot of competition and daily personal budgets to be made. Overall great company to work for, before they all closed down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Future Shop. Our community is ready to answer.