Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lots of fun people
Manager on Duty - Top (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 18, 2015
Ocean River Sports it the best outdoor store to work for in Victoria.

I loved working there, great manager and owner and lots of fun getting out on the water
Productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: long hours
Great experience, very nice place to work.

always have something to do and the team is reall dedicated to achive great result at the end of the day.

the management team is accurate.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2015
It was a great company to work for; unlimited potential for earning but it was very competitive so you must be hungry for sales.
Productive, Challanging work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Systems
Cons: NA
A great environment to work in, Everyday continuous learning, new challenges a, new sales numbers love to have that challenging environment.
Great company
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 11, 2015
Great workplace with excellent environment. Team members work together to get the task completed. Mangers are very helpful and great listeners.
Future shop was a business that had a very strict and targeted policy for customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: very flexible with work hours
Cons: no longer in opperation
Working in customer serv. i would usually rotate between positions from cash, to returns, to greeting and back again. what i took from working here was how much each member of the team needed to be running to their best of their abilities, and if one was away or lacking in such an aspect, that we would always seek to improve the situation. if my peers ever slipped up i would make sure to help them – more... realize their mistake and help them correct it. this applies for myself aswell, however rare the mistake, i would always recieve proper guidance towards the correct actions from my coworkers. the hardest part that i found was the ocational lack of customers, which left the team standing around, or to clean up while we had room and time for it. but by far, the best part of the job was working with my friends, and making new frindships along the way. – less
Productive and fun work place
Product Expert - Cameras, Mobile/Car Audio (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Hours were good and they were flexible
Cons: Had to work at least 3 days a week and weekends
Great place to work if you are a student.
They were accommodating in terms of working around your school schedule.
The managers were great. They were understanding if you had to change your shift if you had for example an exam coming up.
Sales associated
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: good discount on friends and family
Cons: no paid lunch
good company to work flexible hours rotating shift lots to learn good benefit's easy work good management friendly staff
N/A
Computer Technician, Tech Lead (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 16, 2015
I had e good experience with customer facing.
We did not have job security from last year
We had good employee discount.
For IT position there is not much room to improve.
Loved it
Mobile Audio Sales Rep (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Discount, Pay
Cons: Pressure
Fun place to work, wicked discount. Some days are slow and others are so busy the time just flies by. A lot of pressure from the boss to close the sales tho.
fun and challenging work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good earning culture
Cons: no job security
..................................................................................................................................................................................
Closed
IT Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Good company to work for, good work life balance.
Very helpful peers. A lot of opportunity to grow within the organization.
Some traveling is involved.
Best Job I ever had
Installer, Computer Tech, Merchandiser (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Outstanding work enviroment
Cons: Stores country wide Closed......
I would get to work to have an energizing morning meeting with the opening staff
Check my install schedule
Depending if I had jobs scheduled would decide my day in the store, I would do merchandising, help out in the computer tech room with repairs and setups, or help anywhere in the store.
if I had installs, I'd tidy up between jobs, help my supervisor if needed
end of day would consist of thoroughly – more... cleaning the shop

I learned how to install car starters, helped maintain car dealership contracts and install car stereo's. I also learned that my dedication to quality was recognized enough to be offered a couple of shop manager positions in less than 2 years.

Management was awesome, treated everyone like family

co-workers were always friendly an inviting.

the job was never really hard, everyone was willing to help make things easily understandable

every day was enjoyable at future shop – less
good place for co-op
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2015
Pros: willing to teach co-op students
Cons: machine like. and very repeatable work
I participated in a co-op class there for 220 hours.The work is easy to learn but its the same thing everyday.The work consts of mostly printing off bar codes to update prices and stock shelves.
Sad they closed
Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 12, 2015
Great people
Good experiences
Awesome work environment
Long days never seemed long
Corporate made some bad calls
Sad that they closed the stores without notice.
fun workplace to work
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), bramptonJuly 9, 2015
Pros: they have a lot of prize giveaways for people who work hard.
Cons: gets really busy and some sometime stressfull
i love best buy i did seasonal work and its a wonderful place to work there clean friendly and just a good all round company to work for.
if you love tech
Product Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
great place to work, fast pace environment. Exposed to lots of cool technology. However you must be available to working weekends and compensation is high.
Future Shop
Cashier Cust. Service Rep Online Sales As (Former Employee), GuelphJune 25, 2015
Pros: Eveything
Cons: nothing
The most amazing job I've ever had. Management was fantastic and really treated me as a friend instead of an employee, but not in a unprofessional way. Coworkers were amazing, age difference did not effect my friendships I had while working there. Costumers were nice 90% of the time, and when they were not, staff handled it very well.
Extremely inviting atmosphere. Uniforms are comfortable.
wont ever work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Weston, ONJune 24, 2015
the company is not customer focus it all about the bottom dollar. was force to sale that is over stock and made the most money not what the customer needed
Sales associate, very intense work environment
Product Expert (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: shorter shifts and worked in a smaller section
Cons: employee distribution and sales tactics of other employees
Even though its not supposed to be competitive, it turned out to be that way. Always a movement of employees in and out of the store. So, it was quite difficult to know who to talk to for product advice. At certain points, certain weekends/holidays, we was understaffed so the employees were frustrated, as were the customers for not having been assisted in an appropriate time. The managers were quite pushy about sales, but did not help with employee distribution.