Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FS was a great money making Opportunity with great employees.
Assisting Management-Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Kamloops, B.C.May 15, 2015
Pros: Working with great people, and the latest Technology.
Cons: Inconsistant work shifts.
I had been employed over the past 5 years with the Best Buy corporation. During that time, A typical day at work would include printing all required sales tools and sales targets. Maintaining our work area, which included cleaning, front facing, pricing and merchandizing.

While at future Shop, everyone was encouraged to have product knowledge in multiple departments and if interested, a floor management roll. I am always eager to take on new challenges to help reach personal and company goals. My objectives included, Setting and exceeding sales targets, as well as helping other colleagues and departments improve their customer service and sales abilities.

Some challenges included working with others who may not have the same enthusiasm for clean and merchandised areas. However, finding ways to motivate them was part of my objective to help hit all targets as a team.

Sharing sales techniques with friends at work as well as listening to any sales advise they offered was my most enjoyable experience. Being open to constructive criticism and having applied the best practices of others lead me to the success's I enjoyed during my time at Future Shop.
opportunity to grow and make day to day decisions in a company with culture
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), London, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: benefits and staff discounts
meet new people each day and help them with any opportunities they may have and educate them on new products that we carried and introduce them to a whole new world on the WEB. Being empowered to make the decisions for customer service resolutions rather than having to always ask someone else. Working with a constant changing staff and finding ways to help each other to grow. Hardest part of the job, saying goodbye to seasonal employees and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and finding ways to help them.
Job is a job
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: Received an income
Cons: Not an enjoyable work enviornment
I started working here while I was in school as a part time job. I needed the money to pay for tuition and for my daily needs to sustain an independent living. Only complain I had is the management and the way the went about pushing employees to force services to customers.
Productive Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Staff discount on electronics is an amazing perk
Cons: A lot of pressure to sell their warranty
Greeting customers, assisting them to find the best electronic product/service that suites their needs.

Team work, improvement in CSR
Management was good
Co-workers were very co-eperative

handling tough customers was sometime hard
Engaging and fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great associates and managers
Cons: Angry and outrageous customers
Great environment and place to work for, enjoyed working there and learned alot during my time there. It was the best place to work!
knowledge center
SALES - CELL SHOP & COMPUTERS (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: boss would buy us lunch or supper once a week
started off the morning with weekly promotions and new telecom available.

learn alot about different types of telecom and companies .

co workers were the best always happy and ready to help customers out .
Enjoyable Workplace
Product Process Associate, Entertainment Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 10, 2015
Pros: Great People
I was honored to be given the opportunity to work at Futureshop and enjoyed working with a team of hardworking and fun individuals. Management was very good and I had a blast getting to know them and establishing relationships. Customer satisfaction was the number one priority and responsibility. I learned many skills and some of these skills took time to get a hand of but were essential to the job and made our lives easier. Best part of the job was truck days when inventory came in and we worked as a team to put away product. Hardest part of the job was probably learning to send out write-offs but I got the hang of it but lucky the task was done as a duo.
Great workplace with great people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Timmins OntarioMay 9, 2015
Pros: commission, great promotion, great discount, awesome staff
Loved going in, wanted to work the days i was not scheduled, appliance training, product knowledge, great staff, loved working
Fun and engaging workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: Employee Purchase Plan
Cons: Inconsistent sales traffic
Excellent company to work for, fun, exciting and productivity rewarded salary. The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
fun workplace
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: extra breaks
Cons: long hours
Everyday was same, but the good part was my co-workers and the workplace environment which was always live.
I did encounter some stressful situations but ended up in solving them.
productive and fun
Sales, Cash, Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 6, 2015
Gained a lot of customer service and Cashier experience. Enjoyed working there and interacting with the other employees, good hours and very flexible.
Productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Langley, BC, CanadaMay 5, 2015
I handled cash for opening and closing duties. I was able to preform my customer service skills to the utmost capabilities. I was taught how to return products and issues refunds. I worked with selective co-workers who helped make the workplace fun and enjoyable. I had a great manager who taught me these great qualities I now posses.
I loved this job
Cell Shop Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 26, 2015
Pros: famly feeling enviorment
Cons: job security
I love working for this company, they had a reputation of hiring the best and building a family based environment. they invested in their employees.
very good work enviroment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Bedford, NSApril 26, 2015
easy going staff
fun place to work
get regular breaks
discount on stuff in store
store closed at decent times
good management
understanding when sick
Productive and exciting place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
I learned various sales techniques and negotiation skills that were implemented on each sale.
I mentored many individuals and helped develop their skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being creative in implementing ideas and training associates to become better.
I loved working with my team because we shared the same goals and I loved meeting targets and exceeding them as a team because we shared similar ideas.
Great group of people to work with/for.
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun events scheduled with not only our store, but between all of the future shops in Calgary.
Cons: 13 hour split shifts on boxing day.
Co-op
Computer Repairs Technician (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: !0% off on purchases, Valuable experience
I would typically come to work everyday around 11 and leave around 3. I would stock shelves occasionally but mostly I would trouble shoot basic software problems on computers and if a hardware problem was found I would open the computer to switch out defective parts.
Comfort and Enjoyment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 20, 2015
Pros: Commission.
Cons: Job Security.
It was honestly the most fun working for a company that was just as much into technology as I am. I have made lasting friendships not only with my colleagues but also with customers that I have interacted with. Adjusting your manners and tactics in order to have a proper communication with customers is a must in this location.

I have learned how the commission sales side works and have become very indulged in this setting. I also learned to research product knowledge more efficiently during our downtime.

My management and colleagues have become amazingly close with me and will never forget each day that I interacted with such an amazing team.

The hardest part of the job has to be dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes its definitely hard to discuss a compromise with customers who just don't want to listen. And yet, I have learned to become more patient and understanding with their needs and wants rather than what is better for the business even though our business targets are more focused by our higher-ups.
Great training ground
Sales consultant (Former Employee), Hamilton,onApril 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Future Shop. I learned a lot over the 17 years of being there. What I enjoyed the most was the people I worked with and the job work/life balance.
Geek Squad Computer Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 17, 2015
Great place to work unforchunatly due to reconstruction and being so close to a Bestbuy we were closed down, I would still be working at Future Shop if i could.

1 2 3 4 5

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more