Future Shop Employee Reviews

Fun place to work for
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2017
This company was amazing to work for, everybody was chill and fun but we got our work done and enjoyed it. Because of the job culture I didn't care much for the Salary.
Pros
Cons
It was bought out by Best Buy
Future Shop or Best Buy
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (FULL-TIME) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Best Buy or Future Shop same thing pretty much. The time that I worked there was an amazing experience as I met a lot of people worked with colleagues like a family and never had a worst day because everyday was just a great and enjoyable day.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
No Cons.
Customer Service / Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2017
 Accountable for daily transactions and sales in Camera department
 Assisted customers with technical expertise on camera and Camcorder
 Provided excellent customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
 Responsible for selling the camera to customers.

 Responds to customer concerns, supports and assists of achievement of store and department customer care and sales goals by promoting, emphasizing and demonstrating skills involved in selling Product Service Plan (PSP), Product Replacement Plan (PRP), accessories and complete solution.
Pros
face to face clients
Cons
on feet all day
It's closed
Product Expert / Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 November 2017
Well they closed all the Future Shops. It was a great place to work and shop unfortunately would have been nice to see them stay open Best Buy is no comparison
Its closed
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2017
Future shop has been closed for a number of years as the parent company, Best Buy, has entered the market with its big brand name. Future Shop had commissioned sales staff whereas Best Buy doesn't.
Awesome place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC2 November 2017
Loved working at a Future Shop. Typical day at work would depend on which position I was. I went from merchandiser to customer service supervisor to merchandiser supervisor to sales.
Pros
Loved working with friends
Cons
Shut down
It was fun while it lasted
Sales Representative/Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 October 2017
It was fun to work there but as the market changed so did the monetary structure and requirements for the sales reps, which led to less money and unhappy sales reps. As best buy was to eliminate futureshop, nothing was done to "properly" correct the issues and thus you had the decaying of what once was a great place to be.
esprit d'équipe au travail
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
il est très important de collaborer avec respect dans son lieu de travailler
Pros
rabais
Cons
long trajet
Results driven with little consideration of its people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2017
I enjoyed my time here but felt the emphasis was on results at all costs. Their was no loyalty here to the individual as a person. It was celebrated when managers worked excessive hours
great highschool job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 October 2017
Defintely not a career choice. great for someone starting out in the job force wanting to make a few bucks to go out. Good learning curves in the retail
Parfait
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Bruno, FR17 October 2017
J'ai adoré travailler dans ce magasin. Grâce aux employee j'ai pu m'améliorer
Fun place to work but problems with management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB17 October 2017
Future shop has since migrated to best buy but I did experience problems with management. The culture was prone to favouritism and I often felt that I was not recognized properly for my contribution. The pay was decent since it was commission based if you worked hard.
Future Shop
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
Good place to work but they are closed now. If you hustled you made money, if you didnt, you were pretty much fired. the company didnt want to pay employees minimum wage. they wanted employees to be on commission because it meant they were making money for the company.
Very organized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2017
The sales team is well trained and very friendly. Developed expert-level product knowledge of electronics. Sales representatives are able to deal with customer problems with ease.
Learned alot about electronics
Electronic expert (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 September 2017
Was very educational and instrumental in me learning about technology and electronics. Differently was something I had alot of prior knowledge of before working here. Overall a great experience
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Minimum wage
Flexible hours with great team
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  1141 Kennedy Rd., Scarborough, ON M1P 2K817 September 2017
As a merchandiser we're the first one in the store. Our team are really close and work great together. The managers are optimistic and notice when someone is doing a fine job.
did it for my co-op
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 September 2017
worked there for my school co-op and i figured they would have me doing a ton of work no one wanted to do but that was not the case it was a great place
Pros
awesome
great experience
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2017
working in Paris opened me up to a new culture, I was able to meet new people with different skills and abilities. It is a fast paced working environment.
Learning/Stage
Merchandiser (Stage) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
-Mornings were rough always having too show up at 7:00 to stock merchandise prior too store opening
-Tagging Merchandise and Dealing with shipments
-Management was never around but the senior staff was always helpful
-Fun and free in terms of working conditions
-The beginning stage was extremely hard too adapt too because it may not seem like it but it was a very fast paced job
-Was the staff
Pros
Testing games
Cons
Early Hours
not too bad a place too work
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON5 September 2017
overall not terrible but the tills/cash registers are all extremely out dated and are always crashing not allowing us to process payments, which always makes your job harder