Future Shop

Future Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), GTA, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Future shop was a great place to work and had great people, they had a great environment and overall treated their employees well.
Good Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Money, Discounts, Awards
Cons: Cut throat
I worked at future shop and made excellent money. I found it easy to sell consumer electronics. Loved my job. Awards and recognition were great. Compensation was there when you worked hard. Selling was easy
Company no longer in business
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 25, 2016
This company is no longer in business.

Although my time here was excellent and allowed me to really develop my skills in leadership and management.
i got nice people and team to work with, best customer satisfaction for customers
Sales associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: good team
Cons: some times hectic
i had a good time working there with a team. unfortunately future shop close down otherwise i would have kept working there. it was a nice place to work in a nice and friendly environment.
Setups and recoveries
Setup customers laptop (Former Employee), Young and EglintonJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Working with laptops and smartphones
Working at Future Shop was a great opportunity because of how I am able to work with many different kinds of computers, helped customers setup their laptops by installing what programs they need. I also got to install screen shields for customers smartphones. I learned a lot about computer problems, and helped other Future Shop workers with their situations.
Excellent place to work
Multi-Channel Sales Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
It was the best place to work with positive environment always.
I learnt a lot of new skills from my co-workers in regards to maintaining a stability in work.
I received a lot of Recognition awards throughout my career in this company
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 19, 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work the management lacks certain aspects of customer service skills and there were no benefits and the salary was minimum wage
sales organisation
Product Expert (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches on vip sales
Cons: long shifts during christmas
while working at fureshop i learned lot about how to intract with the peoples because it was my first job in this country. day after day i start gaining confidence while working. it was a very fun place to work with goals and targets in mind. managment was very supportive. whenever need any help, they were always their to help. co- workers were like a family members because we spend most of the time in the store. the hardest part of the job was the long hours during christmas time every year with the focus to acheive target in mind. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday we get to see new customer with different culture and try to learn something new about their culture.
positive hardworking environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Enjoyable working environment, management was straight forward and organized. Unfortunately I only had a chance to be seasonal staff at their location.
Comfortable place
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Free gym, Free Sauna - Great hours.
Cons: It shut down.
This place helped me with my physical health. I never worked out in a gym before I started working for this spa. And that is because the owner there motivated me to always the best in everything. I think she was a wonderful owner.
My most enjoyable team in retail
Imaging & Entertainment Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, nice events and promotions for employees
Cons: Only part time
Had the lucky chance of working with a great team at my first retail position. Lots of fun with staff and customers alike. Great work environment, can get overwhelming with customers during the holidays though. Took all the shifts I could, wish there was more. Tried commission position, found it tricky.
Fun place to work
Product Expert/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 3, 2015
Good place to work. Got benefits as a part timer, understanding with schedule. Everyone treated well by management. Fast paced enviroment
I worked sop
Merchandising (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed the time I worked there because it was teamwork dealing with customer sometimes and the communication was easy.
Productive sales oriented atmosphere and just one big family
Sales Consultant - Customer Sales Service Support (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Long days that we called "Iron Man Days" and we were compensated with whatever free lunch we wanted, but with a $ cap
Cons: Holidays and special occasions always get interrupted but it was part of the job, but loved my Retail Family as well!
Always happy to go to work and spend time while learning and teaching and meeting new people with my second family/My work family!!! It was retail, and in retail you spend more time with staff than you do with family.
Fun and Competitive Sales Environment
Entertainment Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Incentives for performing better
Cons: Lots of standing
Future Shop Waterloo was a good work environment for developing and honing my sales work ethic and techniques. Management and co-workers were all very respectively and accommodating to a variety of circumstances ranging from requiring days off to filling in when the floor got busy. Sad to see the company go.
Fun place to work
customer representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Good working environment
Cons: None
The best part of the job was meeting people from all walks of life and providing them with a customer service they would remember for a long time ensuring they would return for further purchases.
Productive, enjoyable and clean workplace.
Merchandising (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Very supportive co-workers and supervisors, also an enjoyable and nice workplace. Would love to work in the same environment where everyone is friendly and helpful, encouraging and patient.
fun loving environment n flexible hours
Appliances Trainee (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Learning n executing sales associate skills n learning in depth about the products, good leadership skills,learning leadership skills
Was a fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist & Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there while the store was open. The management was supportive as well as my fellow co-workers. I got to do something different and constructive everyday.
fun, friendly
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2015
stressful regarding return and exchange the product.
poor management., new challenges everyday , new things to be learned