Future Shop

Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Bedford, NSApril 26, 2015
easy going staff
fun place to work
get regular breaks
discount on stuff in store
store closed at decent times
good management
understanding when sick
Productive and exciting place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2015
I learned various sales techniques and negotiation skills that were implemented on each sale.
I mentored many individuals and helped develop their skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being creative in implementing ideas and training associates to become better.
I loved working with my team because we shared the same goals and I loved meeting targets and exceeding them as a team because we shared similar ideas.
Great group of people to work with/for.
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun events scheduled with not only our store, but between all of the future shops in Calgary.
Cons: 13 hour split shifts on boxing day.
The environment was more like a family rather then employees. It was enjoyable to go to work everyday knowing it would be a busy and productive day with people you like seeing.
The work had its challenges, especially during the holiday season. I kept my warehouse labeled, detailed and everything had a home to make sure everything was easy to find. There were checklists for everyday duties.
Co-op
Computer Repairs Technician (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: !0% off on purchases, Valuable experience
I would typically come to work everyday around 11 and leave around 3. I would stock shelves occasionally but mostly I would trouble shoot basic software problems on computers and if a hardware problem was found I would open the computer to switch out defective parts.
Comfort and Enjoyment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 20, 2015
Pros: Commission.
Cons: Job Security.
It was honestly the most fun working for a company that was just as much into technology as I am. I have made lasting friendships not only with my colleagues but also with customers that I have interacted with. Adjusting your manners and tactics in order to have a proper communication with customers is a must in this location.

I have learned how the commission sales side works and have become very indulged in this setting. I also learned to research product knowledge more efficiently during our downtime.

My management and colleagues have become amazingly close with me and will never forget each day that I interacted with such an amazing team.

The hardest part of the job has to be dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes its definitely hard to discuss a compromise with customers who just don't want to listen. And yet, I have learned to become more patient and understanding with their needs and wants rather than what is better for the business even though our business targets are more focused by our higher-ups.
Great training ground
Sales consultant (Former Employee), Hamilton,onApril 20, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Future Shop. I learned a lot over the 17 years of being there. What I enjoyed the most was the people I worked with and the job work/life balance.
Geek Squad Computer Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 17, 2015
Great place to work unforchunatly due to reconstruction and being so close to a Bestbuy we were closed down, I would still be working at Future Shop if i could.
It was a great place to work!
Floor Manager & Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 17, 2015
Working with futureshop was a blessing. The experience and team were great! There was room for growth for those who worked hard and the pay structure was good. Management was always willing to listen to concerns and take action on them. They gave us the power to correct situations with customers.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2015
A very well coordinated place to work with friendly staff members and management. Staff are well knowledgeable and products are the best in the market. with future shop you are grantees a profitable purchase.
Co-op Work Experience
Co-op Job Placement (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 17, 2015
Worked there for 3 weeks, didn't really have the most "Fun" environment and friendly people there. But overall it was quite alright.
Amazing Team Culture - with a twist
Entertainment Associate/Coordinator (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Well-balanced work load, Excellent team culture
Cons: Certain objectives were very difficult to obtain
Future Shop offered an amazing team culture that was built on solidarity, but its Commission-based model made it difficult to get along with certain people at times. There were often opportunities for growth in terms of personal development, but typically never enough room to actually move up the ranks. Regardless, the work environment was generally very agreeable, as the staff always got along so well on a personal basis - as did the management team. Expectations were always high, but fair. This kept everybody in strong spirits even through difficult times. There were often difficulties meeting certain objectives, but tasking was always manageable and kept the actual customer service requirements equally manageable.
Teacher Assisitant
Sales Consultant/Manager in Training (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great Training
Cons: N/A
- Learn Great Leadership Skills
- Great Environment to work in
- Great Co Workers
- Clean and Fun place
- Great Management
- Never Gets Boring
SALES PROFESSIONAL
senior product expert (Former Employee), hamiltonApril 13, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: working weekends
Amazing opportunity to provide customers with the complete solution.Amazing and dynamic 23 yr career.

A member of circle of excellence for 15 years.

Super elite member.
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in, going to either cash or customer service. Customer service was all about helping customers in every way possible, sending out customer units. Management was fantastic they always cared about your needs. Co-workers were like family, everyone got along well. The hardest part of the job were Phone Exchanges (PSP) took quiet bit of time but always worth it at the end. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work and being happy to be there.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 11, 2015
Future Shop was a fun place to work at. The staff was very friendly but unfortunately, I was only there for a month as a volunteer student but had a lot of fun there.
Fast past, exciting, No 2 days were ever the same
Multi-Channel Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cambridge OntarioApril 10, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers, staff discount, exciting place to work
Cons: Some long hours, stock refresh slow at times.
A typical day at work was showing customers the latest and greatest technology available. I learned the differences between things like laptops, tv's, appliances and home theater products. As well as how to sell the correct product to the right customer. The management team was always up beat and fun to work with. They always ran the store in a professional way. Co-workers were also always a pleasure to work with. Rarely was there any issues between employees. The hardest part of my job was trying to sell to customers who had it in their head that they already knew more than you. And would blatantly tell you that you didn't know what you were talking about. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see first hand new and exciting products before the consumer and getting hands on experience with it. As well as seeing a customer leave the store happy with what they purchased.
Great work environment
Product Expert (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: High traffic $$
Cons: Scheduling issues
Future shop was a great place too work and to sell. The other staff where all like minded and competitive which made days go by quick with positive effects on our wallets.
Good company to work for but they're closed now
Counter intelligence level 1 (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: great work environment, great employee discount on certain items
Cons: low hours, low salary for skillset, low amounts of in store repairs
I enjoyed working every day for this company other than the typical high school drama from the rest of the team.

Management was great
Great Experience
Manager On Duty/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), New Glasgow, Nova ScotiaApril 6, 2015
Everyday I would start my work day off with opening the store and rebooting Point of Sale systems. Print previous days paper work for filing. Counted and sorted coin/float trays. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers they became my family away from home. I also ran the sales floor 3 days out of the week. That included me either opening or closing the store. Dealt with customer issues when the arouse. The hardest part of my job was leaving because of the store closer.
Productive, Multitasking
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 5, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Hours
The company was a great environment for an individual to learn about the latest technologies that came into the market and was also a great way to advance your communication skills and your multitasking skills. The management was a joy to work with as they often treated their staff with a high probability of respect. The co-workers were the roots of the whole sales environment as they often worked in teams to correspond with the targets that were set in motion by the management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Future Shop

History In almost 30 years, Future Shop has grown from a “one store operation” located in Vancouver, British Columbia, – Read more