HR Manager - Human Resources Manager
Future Focus Inc is a professional services firm that brings value to our clients through optimizing their overall organizational performance through a variety of Talent and Leadership support services, such as:
- Executive Search;
- Talent Management;
- Succession Planning;
- Leadership Development;
- Performance Management Systems, and;
- Business Strategy & Execution
Focusing on the continuous development of these core Business & HR Strategies provides a holistic approach to maximize the performance of our clients’ organization, providing them with significantly more efficient operations, sales, and profitability.
Lower Lakes Towing Ltd is the flagship of Rand Logistics Inc. a US Publicly Traded company and a leading provider of bulk freight shipping services throughout the Great Lakes. They have a solid reputation in their industry for providing quality transportation services in both Canada and United States. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced office environment with a close-knit group of professionals that provide support to the operations of the business and its stakeholders.
This company has an exceptional growth model, opportunities for advancement and career growth for a dynamic and talented individual.
Lower Lakes Towing Ltd. (LLT) is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic individual to take on the Human Resources Manager position. You will be a true champion for strengthening HR’s presence, building strong employee relations, improving retention, and developing our talent brand. Particular consideration will be given to individuals with working knowledge of the Canada Labour Code, MOSH, WHMIS and labour standards. You will be maintaining and developing a culture of individual accountability, team collaboration and both organizational and employee success.
- Recruit new employees and successfully integrate them into the Lower Lakes environment
- Build and promote retention strategies
- Build and promote an HR identity that fosters company culture.
- Manage, organize departmental evaluation / performance measurement tools
- Manage employee personnel files, in compliance with privacy directives
- Manage crew changes in accordance with LLT leave system, ensuring procedures are followed and executed properly. This includes managing time off requests and vacancies.
- Maintain payroll master files
- Produce Key Performance Indicators statistics semi-monthly and report to senior management
- Complete all government reporting including employment equity report to senior management and the government reports as per the Canada Labour Code and other relevant legislation
- Administer WSIB claims, working with third party providers and internal safety management to minimize events resulting in claims
- Manage annual meetings and other events for management and employees as required
- Liaise with the HR Manager in our US division
- Administer employee benefits including negotiating with service providers
- Manage employee incentive and tenure awards
- Manage employee certifications and renewals
- Assure company compliance to Federal statutes
- Build planning models for future staffing needs, retirement replacement planning
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate has:
- 3-5 years’ experience in HR Management
- Has or will be working towards a CHRP designation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Proficiency in computers, particularly MS office programs, emphasis on excel and knowledge of databases
- Preferred experience with an HRIS implementation
- Mature person who can be counted on to maintain information confidentially
- Ability to read people and understand the type of person that fits the Lower Lakes Towing culture
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, adaptable to changing circumstances
Preference will be given to candidates that possess experience/competency in some or all of the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory role would be an asset;
- Familiarity with Great Plains and/or Ulysses software would be an asset but not a requirement;
- Experience in the Marine Industry would be valuable, but not required;
Apply now if you are interested and qualified for this opportunity. Please submit your resume/CV to:
Dana Walton through clicking on the "Apply" link.
We will be accepting applications/resumes for this position up to October 10, 2013. We thank all applicants and advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.