Future Electronics

Future Electronics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Huge lack of mentorship and leadership, low morale
Graphic Designer, Advertising (Current Employee), MontrealJune 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, employee appreciation
Cons: no advancement, no mentoring, no inspiration
The work that I do is very typical of a corporate atmosphere. There is a lot that can be learned but also a lot of room for improvement. There is no opportunity for advancement, a huge lack of mentoring and leadership, which doesn't motivate, inspire or challenge employees.
There are a lot of great co-workers that I've met along the way.
Good
Technical Inside Analyst (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJune 3, 2015
Good coworkers, lots of multitasking, moderate to heavy workload, employee appreciation once a month, time management is essential, leave early Fridays and summer hours
Great experience
Return Merchandise Authorization Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal, QC, CAMay 11, 2015
I had a great experience working here. True corporate-style work environment. Great cafeteria, gym, classes, and overall beautiful building and amenities.
Unique Montreal Based World Impact Company
Line Captain (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2015
A hidden gem amongst Montreal Companies.
This company , which is based in Montreal, reaches out to all points on the globe.
Easy money, long hours, micro-managed
Account Executive (Former Employee), MontrealFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, gym
Cons: long hours, micro managed, no support from management
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and contacting all your existing customer in your account base. After that was done, cold calling to try to gain new customers, new business. I learnt that having a relationship with your customer's is very important and that customer service is key. Management was horrible. It took forever for someone to help you and you never got the support and encouragement – more... one deserves from a manager. My co-workers were the reason that kept me from quitting my job, I met some very nice people! Hardest part of this job was that management expecting you to call your customers daily, however a lot of busy buyers don't like to be contacted via the phone and just want to be contacted via emails. That didn't slide with management. They want to see you building a relationship with your customers (which is fine) so if they don't like to be contacted via the phone, find a way to get them on the phone. – less
Its the McDonalds of distribution
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management
There are many great people that work at Future but the main problem are the suckups that are in management. Most of them are not needed and most of them don't do anything. They hassle you for the stupidest things. They want you to do everything and then some for such low pay. There's too much harassment and over work. Lots of times I would work until 10pm at night from 8:30am. co-workers that can't pull the same weight as you get promoted. Its nuts. Loved the years and some people that I worked with but its too stressful for no reason. People are NOT organized and make the littlest thing personal.
Really loves it's employees
Market Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 28, 2014
Many employee benefits and a great accepting environment.
Love it, or hate it.
Branch Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: time-card mentality little overtime required.
Cons: time-card mentality little overtime required.
An undisputedly successful industry leader. Lots of benefits including subsidized cafeteria and on-site gym. Extremely antagonistic and sometimes overly competitive internal work environment. Competition wins out over collaboration every time.
Good place to work. Free Gym, Good food, Great co-workers
IT Asset Supervisor (Current Employee), Quebec, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free coffee, flex hours, free parking
Cons: parking lot is full after 8
Balanced place to work, but very fast paced. Typical daily task include continuous calls, servicing employees with equipment required for work performance. Upper management willing to provide guidance and support needed to move forward.
Enjoyable co-workers, activities and events to get to know other departments.
Best part of working as an Asset Supervisor is every day there is a new event, new employee, or new challenge.
Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee), MontrealFebruary 4, 2014
Lots of room for advancement with many possibilities as long as you put in the hours.
Good way to spring forward your career
Technical Solution Engineer (Former Employee), - Montréal, QC, - Egham, UK, - Eindhoven, NLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: chance for advancement and relocation to those that deserve it
Cons: "old boys" network within the business units
A typical day for me in my unique role was providing laboratory results (measurements and proof of concept units) as requested by customers. I would be building a retrofit while performing a measurement request, then write a report on it.
I learnt everything I know on LEDs and integrating them into luminaires.
Management for me was several levels above me (my boss kept me sheltered from it) but, like – more... anywhere, there are some good and some not so good managers. In a company of 5500 employees, I lucked out with some good ones.
Most of my coworkers were great and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was providing satisfactory timeline expectations when either ales reps or customers were not understanding my logistical difficulties in getting some specific parts.
All the lab work I did was fun, sometimes long & difficult, but very rewarding in the end; I miss it!
Also, to have worked in 2 other countries is experience that I loved and enjoyed working with different countries and people. Very rewarding too! – less
We where like a bigfamily
Chargée de compte (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good cafeteria, good infirmery, good gym, good promotions
Cons: work load to high not enough hours in a day
Fun job but not enough time for all the paper work that the company requested.

Good place to learn a lot about your abilities.

Good company training.

The people that work there are very nice.

They have problems with management.
Not a bad place to work
Pointe-Claire, QC (Former Employee), Quebec, CanadaAugust 21, 2013
The salary is very good, the people are very friendly and helpful, I learned a lot.

The higher management are work you to the bone.
Distribution
Facilitator & Business Consultant (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 14, 2013
Global electronics distribution company.
Collaborative workplace, entrepreneurial spirit, working towards delighting the customer.
great place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), montrealJuly 8, 2013
coworkers are great helpful
management is there to help
work hard and be rewarded
food at caf is delicious
Though an agency
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee), Pointe Claire?June 29, 2013
Pros: the usual
Cons: none that i could remember
I enjoyed working here in A/P. I was able to do research and investigate old problems.
Great Benefit, Fast paced.
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 2, 2013
It depends which department you work in but typically this is a fresh, fast-paced environment with a ton to learn and great benefits (gym, cafeteria, dry-cleaning on-site, special appreciation events, etc.)
very rewarding .
Inside Sales & AE (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2013
Loved working with my customer base. I am a people person and truly enjoyed the interaction. My job was not just selling but relating to my customers company and their job description.
highly competitive, demand strong worth ethic.
Asset Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2013
-Constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills
-Highly competitive environment which ranks employees and pushes you to be the best.
-Demanding maximum output per employee.
Good people, great potential... but...
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: old school management, lack of efficiency in processes/applications, # of hours it takes to get work done, bad family/work life balance, excess stress, lack of sleep, bad diet...
Hard place to work.
People are nice, but due to micromanagement workload increases by 40% and isn't productive/efficient/profitable kind.

Great potential of a place, good industry with great commission structure. If you can handle a difficult environment Future is the place for you.

About Future Electronics

Future Electronics doesn't need a crystal ball to know where its future lies. Founded in 1968 by owner and reclusive billionaire – Read more