Future Electronics

Future Electronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2014
Good
Mechanical Designer in Global System Design Center. 2013/08 – Now

• Project responsible in designing for the mechanical systems and structural, including parts details, assemblies and prototype making.
• Create BOM, complete documentation packages and drawing sets for manufacturing submission. Participate in the resolution of technical problems – more... following customer’s requirement.
• Assist in solving production problems in the factory assembly, Take action on reducing the cost of parts and assembly time. – less
Good place to work. Free Gym, Good food, Great co-workers
IT Asset Supervisor (Current Employee), Quebec, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free coffee, flex hours, free parking
Cons: parking lot is full after 8
Balanced place to work, but very fast paced. Typical daily task include continuous calls, servicing employees with equipment required for work performance. Upper management willing to provide guidance and support needed to move forward.
Enjoyable co-workers, activities and events to get to know other departments.
Best part of working as an Asset Supervisor – more... is every day there is a new event, new employee, or new challenge. – less
Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee), MontrealFebruary 4, 2014
Lots of room for advancement with many possibilities as long as you put in the hours.
We where like a bigfamily
Chargée de compte (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good cafeteria, good infirmery, good gym, good promotions
Cons: work load to high not enough hours in a day
Fun job but not enough time for all the paper work that the company requested.

Good place to learn a lot about your abilities.

Good company training.

The people that work there are very nice.

They have problems with management.
Not a bad place to work
Pointe-Claire, QC (Former Employee), Quebec, CanadaAugust 21, 2013
The salary is very good, the people are very friendly and helpful, I learned a lot.

The higher management are work you to the bone.
great place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), montrealJuly 8, 2013
coworkers are great helpful
management is there to help
work hard and be rewarded
food at caf is delicious
Though an agency
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee), Pointe Claire?June 29, 2013
Pros: the usual
Cons: none that i could remember
I enjoyed working here in A/P. I was able to do research and investigate old problems.
Great Benefit, Fast paced.
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 2, 2013
It depends which department you work in but typically this is a fresh, fast-paced environment with a ton to learn and great benefits (gym, cafeteria, dry-cleaning on-site, special appreciation events, etc.)
very rewarding .
Inside Sales & AE (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2013
Loved working with my customer base. I am a people person and truly enjoyed the interaction. My job was not just selling but relating to my customers company and their job description.
highly competitive, demand strong worth ethic.
Asset Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2013
-Constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills
-Highly competitive environment which ranks employees and pushes you to be the best.
-Demanding maximum output per employee.
Good people, great potential... but...
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: old school management, lack of efficiency in processes/applications, # of hours it takes to get work done, bad family/work life balance, excess stress, lack of sleep, bad diet...
Hard place to work.
People are nice, but due to micromanagement workload increases by 40% and isn't productive/efficient/profitable kind.

Great potential of a place, good industry with great commission structure. If you can handle a difficult environment Future is the place for you.
An innovative company that focuses on open communication.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: unmotivating
This is a very large company and I was impressed with their ability to stay connected within such a world-wide internal system.
There's no Future in Future Electronics
(IMO) Asset Manager (Former Employee), Pointe Claire, QueMay 25, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours, heavy workload
I worked for Future Electonics for 20 years and was laid off. Future is reknown to get rid of the old and bring in the new. No one retires from Future except maybe the VP's.
Consistent and overwhelming management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks while working long hours
great working conditions as far as climate is concerned. Learned how to be a man on my job. look at people in their eyes when we speak. my co-workers always complained abot how much they hated their job. the hardest part of the day was trying to figure out what was expected of the employees on a daily basis
Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 6, 2014
Pros: converting customers to a new line of products
Cons: price erosion, flight of business to overseas markets
A typical day starts with early follow up on all open opportunities before hitting the road for customer visits. My top priority lies with closing sales via constant interface with customers, manufacturers representatives and manufacturers. As I continue to service my territory throughout the week, my daily goals include gaining as much product, customer – more... and program knowledge as possible. – less
Good way to spring forward your career
Technical Solution Engineer (Former Employee), - Montréal, QC, - Egham, UK, - Eindhoven, NLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: chance for advancement and relocation to those that deserve it
Cons: "old boys" network within the business units
A typical day for me in my unique role was providing laboratory results (measurements and proof of concept units) as requested by customers. I would be building a retrofit while performing a measurement request, then write a report on it.
I learnt everything I know on LEDs and integrating them into luminaires.
Management for me was several levels above – more... me (my boss kept me sheltered from it) but, like anywhere, there are some good and some not so good managers. In a company of 5500 employees, I lucked out with some good ones.
Most of my coworkers were great and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was providing satisfactory timeline expectations when either ales reps or customers were not understanding my logistical difficulties in getting some specific parts.
All the lab work I did was fun, sometimes long & difficult, but very rewarding in the end; I miss it!
Also, to have worked in 2 other countries is experience that I loved and enjoyed working with different countries and people. Very rewarding too! – less
Job has no room for advancement
Receiving Inspector/ Quality Control/ Picker (Current Employee), Southaven, MSNovember 19, 2013
Would like a job that I can move up the ladder. It is really not a good company to work for.
My favorite workplace.
Field Application Eng. Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: relationship building
Cons: conflict with manager at the time
Future was a wonderful step in my career.
I was Responsible for designing in electronic components utilizing over 300+ suppliers to over 35 customers resulting in a 75% sales growth in 6 months.Strategically worked with suppliers, engineers, marketing managers and procurement to design in semiconductors, passive, electro-mechanical and connectors in – more... both circuit board designs and system development. Prepared and presented PowerPoint presentations quarterly to Executive Management detailing each customer’s business development activities, component design opportunity, projects and which engineer was responsible for each design.Provided technical support to retro fit designs with current technology specializing in military, commercial and telecommunications industry.
Since leaving this company I have not found a position that has given my the same desire to strive and achieve. I truly loved my position here. – less
Typical Warehouse Environment
Customer Service Representative/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Southaven, MSSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: lunchbreaks/contest/rewards
Cons: no healthcare insurance offers
A typical day is handling shipping and receiving customer order for international clients. I learned how to disassemble computer components to rebuild the computer system. My co-workers were easy to work with and communicated well with each other. The hardest part of the job was flexible quarterly with assign departments. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job is the ability to work overtime and taking classes to perfect my craft and skill sets. – less
Future Electronics
Customer Service Representative/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJuly 21, 2013
Pros: one hour lunchtime
Cons: no opportunity for growth
A typical day at work is a productive day with leasing and renewing present tenants. The tenants are sometimes firm and demanding in with I have to remain professional to service them promptly. Each day there could be a challenge or obstacle but I handle them accordingly to the situation. I gravitate to management to develop my growth and skill sets – more... to conquer adversities ahead. I enjoy Property Management because I truly love people whether its a difficult day for them or a positive one. The hardest part of my job is to departing from the tenants. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and greeting individual each and everyday. – less

About Future Electronics

Future Electronics doesn't need a crystal ball to know where its future lies. Founded in 1968 by owner and reclusive billionaire – Read more