Future Electronics Employee Reviews in Canada

Good on paper
Sourcer (Product Marketing Manager) (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCFebruary 11, 2016
Future was as great place to learn and the environment was dynamic and exciting. I developped my sense of urgency and how to work effectively in a team and with different people and personalities. The work was very fast paced and employees held to strict SOP and so I was able to become more accurate with my results and faster at my work.
Pros
enefits, subsidized caffteria, dry-cleaning service, on-site nurse, upside
Cons
long hours, old facility
Fast paced, hard working enviroment
Internal communications/ Senior Corporate Marketer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 18, 2016
Working at Future teaches many skills including handling several jobs/ projects simultaneously.
Balancing work load and prioritizing are the two skills I find most important.
Best training program in the business
Senior Analyst - Branch Sales (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 9, 2015
Acquired an incredible amount of knowledge during my year here. Work loads were challenging but the sense of camaraderie with colleagues was great.
Huge lack of mentorship and leadership, low morale
Graphic Designer, Advertising (Current Employee) –  MontrealJune 10, 2015
The work that I do is very typical of a corporate atmosphere. There is a lot that can be learned but also a lot of room for improvement. There is no opportunity for advancement, a huge lack of mentoring and leadership, which doesn't motivate, inspire or challenge employees.
There are a lot of great co-workers that I've met along the way.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation
Cons
no advancement, no mentoring, no inspiration
Good
Technical Inside Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJune 3, 2015
Good coworkers, lots of multitasking, moderate to heavy workload, employee appreciation once a month, time management is essential, leave early Fridays and summer hours
Great experience
Return Merchandise Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC, CAMay 11, 2015
I had a great experience working here. True corporate-style work environment. Great cafeteria, gym, classes, and overall beautiful building and amenities.
Its the McDonalds of distribution
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 28, 2014
There are many great people that work at Future but the main problem are the suckups that are in management. Most of them are not needed and most of them don't do anything. They hassle you for the stupidest things. They want you to do everything and then some for such low pay. There's too much harassment and over work. Lots of times I would work until 10pm at night from 8:30am. co-workers that can't pull the same weight as you get promoted. Its nuts. Loved the years and some people that I worked with but its too stressful for no reason. People are NOT organized and make the littlest thing personal.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
management
Easy money, long hours, micro-managed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and contacting all your existing customer in your account base. After that was done, cold calling to try to gain new customers, new business. I learnt that having a relationship with your customer's is very important and that customer service is key. Management was horrible. It took forever for someone to help you and you never got the support and encouragement one deserves from a manager. My co-workers were the reason that kept me from quitting my job, I met some very nice people! Hardest part of this job was that management expecting you to call your customers daily, however a lot of busy buyers don't like to be contacted via the phone and just want to be contacted via emails. That didn't slide with management. They want to see you building a relationship with your customers (which is fine) so if they don't like to be contacted via the phone, find a way to get them on the phone.
Pros
cafeteria, gym
Cons
long hours, micro managed, no support from management
Love it, or hate it.
Branch Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 1, 2014
An undisputedly successful industry leader. Lots of benefits including subsidized cafeteria and on-site gym. Extremely antagonistic and sometimes overly competitive internal work environment. Competition wins out over collaboration every time.
Pros
time-card mentality little overtime required.
Cons
time-card mentality little overtime required.
Good place to work. Free Gym, Good food, Great co-workers
IT Asset Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quebec, ENGFebruary 27, 2014
Balanced place to work, but very fast paced. Typical daily task include continuous calls, servicing employees with equipment required for work performance. Upper management willing to provide guidance and support needed to move forward.
Enjoyable co-workers, activities and events to get to know other departments.
Best part of working as an Asset Supervisor is every day there is a new event, new employee, or new challenge.
Pros
free coffee, flex hours, free parking
Cons
parking lot is full after 8
Good people, great potential... but...
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 24, 2012
Hard place to work.
People are nice, but due to micromanagement workload increases by 40% and isn't productive/efficient/profitable kind.

Great potential of a place, good industry with great commission structure. If you can handle a difficult environment Future is the place for you.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
old school management, lack of efficiency in processes/applications, # of hours it takes to get work done, bad family/work life balance, excess stress, lack of sleep, bad diet...
Unique Montreal Based World Impact Company
Line Captain (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2015
A hidden gem amongst Montreal Companies.
This company , which is based in Montreal, reaches out to all points on the globe.
We where like a bigfamily
Chargée de compte (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCOctober 16, 2013
Fun job but not enough time for all the paper work that the company requested.

Good place to learn a lot about your abilities.

Good company training.

The people that work there are very nice.

They have problems with management.
Pros
good benefits, good cafeteria, good infirmery, good gym, good promotions
Cons
work load to high not enough hours in a day
There's no Future in Future Electronics
(IMO) Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe Claire, QueMay 25, 2012
I worked for Future Electonics for 20 years and was laid off. Future is reknown to get rid of the old and bring in the new. No one retires from Future except maybe the VP's.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, heavy workload
Great Benefit, Fast paced.
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2013
It depends which department you work in but typically this is a fresh, fast-paced environment with a ton to learn and great benefits (gym, cafeteria, dry-cleaning on-site, special appreciation events, etc.)
highly competitive, demand strong worth ethic.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2013
-Constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills
-Highly competitive environment which ranks employees and pushes you to be the best.
-Demanding maximum output per employee.
An innovative company that focuses on open communication.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2012
This is a very large company and I was impressed with their ability to stay connected within such a world-wide internal system.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
unmotivating
very rewarding .
Inside Sales & AE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2013
Loved working with my customer base. I am a people person and truly enjoyed the interaction. My job was not just selling but relating to my customers company and their job description.
Distribution
Facilitator & Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 14, 2013
Global electronics distribution company.
Collaborative workplace, entrepreneurial spirit, working towards delighting the customer.
Really loves it's employees
Market Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 28, 2014
Many employee benefits and a great accepting environment.