Future Electronics

Future Electronics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its the McDonalds of distribution
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management
There are many great people that work at Future but the main problem are the suckups that are in management. Most of them are not needed and most of them don't do anything. They hassle you for the stupidest things. They want you to do everything and then some for such low pay. There's too much harassment and over work. Lots of times I would work until – more... 10pm at night from 8:30am. co-workers that can't pull the same weight as you get promoted. Its nuts. Loved the years and some people that I worked with but its too stressful for no reason. People are NOT organized and make the littlest thing personal. – less
Really loves it's employees
Market Research Assistant (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 28, 2014
Many employee benefits and a great accepting environment.
Love it, or hate it.
Branch Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: time-card mentality little overtime required.
Cons: time-card mentality little overtime required.
An undisputedly successful industry leader. Lots of benefits including subsidized cafeteria and on-site gym. Extremely antagonistic and sometimes overly competitive internal work environment. Competition wins out over collaboration every time.
Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee), MontrealFebruary 4, 2014
Lots of room for advancement with many possibilities as long as you put in the hours.
Good way to spring forward your career
Technical Solution Engineer (Former Employee), - Montréal, QC, - Egham, UK, - Eindhoven, NLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: chance for advancement and relocation to those that deserve it
Cons: "old boys" network within the business units
A typical day for me in my unique role was providing laboratory results (measurements and proof of concept units) as requested by customers. I would be building a retrofit while performing a measurement request, then write a report on it.
I learnt everything I know on LEDs and integrating them into luminaires.
Management for me was several levels above – more... me (my boss kept me sheltered from it) but, like anywhere, there are some good and some not so good managers. In a company of 5500 employees, I lucked out with some good ones.
Most of my coworkers were great and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was providing satisfactory timeline expectations when either ales reps or customers were not understanding my logistical difficulties in getting some specific parts.
All the lab work I did was fun, sometimes long & difficult, but very rewarding in the end; I miss it!
Also, to have worked in 2 other countries is experience that I loved and enjoyed working with different countries and people. Very rewarding too! – less
We where like a bigfamily
Chargée de compte (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good cafeteria, good infirmery, good gym, good promotions
Cons: work load to high not enough hours in a day
Fun job but not enough time for all the paper work that the company requested.

Good place to learn a lot about your abilities.

Good company training.

The people that work there are very nice.

They have problems with management.
Not a bad place to work
Pointe-Claire, QC (Former Employee), Quebec, CanadaAugust 21, 2013
The salary is very good, the people are very friendly and helpful, I learned a lot.

The higher management are work you to the bone.
Distribution
Facilitator & Business Consultant (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 14, 2013
Global electronics distribution company.
Collaborative workplace, entrepreneurial spirit, working towards delighting the customer.
great place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), montrealJuly 8, 2013
coworkers are great helpful
management is there to help
work hard and be rewarded
food at caf is delicious
Though an agency
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee), Pointe Claire?June 29, 2013
Pros: the usual
Cons: none that i could remember
I enjoyed working here in A/P. I was able to do research and investigate old problems.
Great Benefit, Fast paced.
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 2, 2013
It depends which department you work in but typically this is a fresh, fast-paced environment with a ton to learn and great benefits (gym, cafeteria, dry-cleaning on-site, special appreciation events, etc.)
very rewarding .
Inside Sales & AE (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2013
Loved working with my customer base. I am a people person and truly enjoyed the interaction. My job was not just selling but relating to my customers company and their job description.
highly competitive, demand strong worth ethic.
Asset Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2013
-Constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills
-Highly competitive environment which ranks employees and pushes you to be the best.
-Demanding maximum output per employee.
Good people, great potential... but...
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: old school management, lack of efficiency in processes/applications, # of hours it takes to get work done, bad family/work life balance, excess stress, lack of sleep, bad diet...
Hard place to work.
People are nice, but due to micromanagement workload increases by 40% and isn't productive/efficient/profitable kind.

Great potential of a place, good industry with great commission structure. If you can handle a difficult environment Future is the place for you.
An innovative company that focuses on open communication.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: unmotivating
This is a very large company and I was impressed with their ability to stay connected within such a world-wide internal system.
There's no Future in Future Electronics
(IMO) Asset Manager (Former Employee), Pointe Claire, QueMay 25, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours, heavy workload
I worked for Future Electonics for 20 years and was laid off. Future is reknown to get rid of the old and bring in the new. No one retires from Future except maybe the VP's.
Challenging
Senior Programmer / Team Lead (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 15, 2014
Great experience, I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good challange
Very Friendly, non stressful place to work
Credit Analyst and Credit Card Rep (Former Employee), Bolton, MaAugust 22, 2014
I enjoyed working at Future, the co-workers were like a large family. I approved credit applications and controlled the Credit Card system. The hardest thing I ever did was leave this position, but I moved to another state.
Easy job with decent pay
Warehouse Shipping Department Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was having great co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be working for a company that has no opportunity for advance for their employees. For the most part management tried to be as fair in every decision that was made within the company. All decisions made were not always saw eye to eye between the company – more... and employees. I learned to adapt to change, respect decisions made even if I don't understand them, and make the best out of each day. A typical day at work would be performing repetitive duties, maybe working anywhere from 8 to 10 hrs. with co-works that made the day worth while. – less
Diverse team members, strong sales goads and prizes for meeting them, loved the travel to headquarters in Montreal.
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: fast paced and competitive work environment, excellent sales staff, located very close to my home, excellent training programs.
Cons: selling to my company for pricing approval and selling to my customer on that pricing, watching the twin towers fall on the breakroom tv.
This company was a challenge to work for as very high profit margins were required to book business. It was interesting because often I would have to "sell" the opportunity to the corporate product managers for approval and then sell the products to the customers.

This company had an excellent pool of sales professionals. If you couldn't move quickly – more... you just didn't last.

We had many, many training sessions (breakfast and lunch) making it easier to introduce new products to customers and help them understand the benefits of that product. – less

About Future Electronics

Future Electronics doesn't need a crystal ball to know where its future lies. Founded in 1968 by owner and reclusive billionaire – Read more