Future Electronics Employee Reviews in Canada

Many amenities and potential for job growth
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 29, 2016
Many opportunities for career advancement with on site training and employee development a focus.
I learned how to motivate and manage employees, how to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and detail oriented way.
The hardest part of the job was not having the option to do part time work after maternity leave.
The most enjoyable part of the job was recognition and appreciation on a regular basis by upper management.
Pros
On site gym and cafeteria
Cons
No part time employment opportunities
Good on paper
Sourcer (Product Marketing Manager) (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCFebruary 11, 2016
Future was as great place to learn and the environment was dynamic and exciting. I developped my sense of urgency and how to work effectively in a team and with different people and personalities. The work was very fast paced and employees held to strict SOP and so I was able to become more accurate with my results and faster at my work.
Pros
enefits, subsidized caffteria, dry-cleaning service, on-site nurse, upside
Cons
long hours, old facility
Productive and fast-paced environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 3, 2016
Busy and always something to do. Dealt with sales people and management. Processed orders in a timely fashion always aiming to hit above required quota.
Fast paced, hard working enviroment
Internal communications/ Senior Corporate Marketer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 18, 2016
Working at Future teaches many skills including handling several jobs/ projects simultaneously.
Balancing work load and prioritizing are the two skills I find most important.
Huge lack of mentorship and leadership, low morale
Graphic Designer, Advertising (Current Employee) –  MontrealJune 10, 2015
The work that I do is very typical of a corporate atmosphere. There is a lot that can be learned but also a lot of room for improvement. There is no opportunity for advancement, a huge lack of mentoring and leadership, which doesn't motivate, inspire or challenge employees.
There are a lot of great co-workers that I've met along the way.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation
Cons
no advancement, no mentoring, no inspiration
Easy money, long hours, micro-managed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and contacting all your existing customer in your account base. After that was done, cold calling to try to gain new customers, new business. I learnt that having a relationship with your customer's is very important and that customer service is key. Management was horrible. It took forever for someone to help you and you never got the support and encouragement one deserves from a manager. My co-workers were the reason that kept me from quitting my job, I met some very nice people! Hardest part of this job was that management expecting you to call your customers daily, however a lot of busy buyers don't like to be contacted via the phone and just want to be contacted via emails. That didn't slide with management. They want to see you building a relationship with your customers (which is fine) so if they don't like to be contacted via the phone, find a way to get them on the phone.
Pros
cafeteria, gym
Cons
long hours, micro managed, no support from management
Good people, great potential... but...
Corporate Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 24, 2012
Hard place to work.
People are nice, but due to micromanagement workload increases by 40% and isn't productive/efficient/profitable kind.

Great potential of a place, good industry with great commission structure. If you can handle a difficult environment Future is the place for you.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
old school management, lack of efficiency in processes/applications, # of hours it takes to get work done, bad family/work life balance, excess stress, lack of sleep, bad diet...
We where like a bigfamily
Chargée de compte (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCOctober 16, 2013
Fun job but not enough time for all the paper work that the company requested.

Good place to learn a lot about your abilities.

Good company training.

The people that work there are very nice.

They have problems with management.
Pros
good benefits, good cafeteria, good infirmery, good gym, good promotions
Cons
work load to high not enough hours in a day
Good way to spring forward your career
Technical Solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  - Montréal, QC, - Egham, UK, - Eindhoven, NLFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day for me in my unique role was providing laboratory results (measurements and proof of concept units) as requested by customers. I would be building a retrofit while performing a measurement request, then write a report on it.
I learnt everything I know on LEDs and integrating them into luminaires.
Management for me was several levels above me (my boss kept me sheltered from it) but, like anywhere, there are some good and some not so good managers. In a company of 5500 employees, I lucked out with some good ones.
Most of my coworkers were great and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was providing satisfactory timeline expectations when either ales reps or customers were not understanding my logistical difficulties in getting some specific parts.
All the lab work I did was fun, sometimes long & difficult, but very rewarding in the end; I miss it!
Also, to have worked in 2 other countries is experience that I loved and enjoyed working with different countries and people. Very rewarding too!
Pros
chance for advancement and relocation to those that deserve it
Cons
"old boys" network within the business units
Best training program in the business
Senior Analyst - Branch Sales (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 9, 2015
Acquired an incredible amount of knowledge during my year here. Work loads were challenging but the sense of camaraderie with colleagues was great.
Love it, or hate it.
Branch Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 1, 2014
An undisputedly successful industry leader. Lots of benefits including subsidized cafeteria and on-site gym. Extremely antagonistic and sometimes overly competitive internal work environment. Competition wins out over collaboration every time.
Pros
time-card mentality little overtime required.
Cons
time-card mentality little overtime required.
Its the McDonalds of distribution
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 28, 2014
There are many great people that work at Future but the main problem are the suckups that are in management. Most of them are not needed and most of them don't do anything. They hassle you for the stupidest things. They want you to do everything and then some for such low pay. There's too much harassment and over work. Lots of times I would work until 10pm at night from 8:30am. co-workers that can't pull the same weight as you get promoted. Its nuts. Loved the years and some people that I worked with but its too stressful for no reason. People are NOT organized and make the littlest thing personal.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
management
Good
Technical Inside Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJune 3, 2015
Good coworkers, lots of multitasking, moderate to heavy workload, employee appreciation once a month, time management is essential, leave early Fridays and summer hours
great place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  montrealJuly 8, 2013
coworkers are great helpful
management is there to help
work hard and be rewarded
food at caf is delicious
Not a bad place to work
Pointe-Claire, QC (Former Employee) –  Quebec, CanadaAugust 21, 2013
The salary is very good, the people are very friendly and helpful, I learned a lot.

The higher management are work you to the bone.
Great experience
Return Merchandise Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC, CAMay 11, 2015
I had a great experience working here. True corporate-style work environment. Great cafeteria, gym, classes, and overall beautiful building and amenities.
There's no Future in Future Electronics
(IMO) Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe Claire, QueMay 25, 2012
I worked for Future Electonics for 20 years and was laid off. Future is reknown to get rid of the old and bring in the new. No one retires from Future except maybe the VP's.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, heavy workload
highly competitive, demand strong worth ethic.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2013
-Constantly being pushed to improve and expand your skills
-Highly competitive environment which ranks employees and pushes you to be the best.
-Demanding maximum output per employee.
Great Benefit, Fast paced.
Marketing Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 2, 2013
It depends which department you work in but typically this is a fresh, fast-paced environment with a ton to learn and great benefits (gym, cafeteria, dry-cleaning on-site, special appreciation events, etc.)
Good company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 4, 2014
Lots of room for advancement with many possibilities as long as you put in the hours.