Future Electronics Employee Reviews

Family owned business
Manager, Treasury (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
Future is a competent and professional multinational. I experienced good collaboration between cross functional teams and within the Finance group. Exposure to advanced IT system tools to increase efficiency.
not the greatest
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC30 September 2017
company out of touch with employees
does not promote work life balance
although company promotes profitability they choose not to reward employees for hard work
Junior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 July 2017
Well-known company
All employees are super helpful when needing help completing certain tasks.

flexible hours within work days
easy to follow specific tasks
Pros
accommodating
Great job experience
Tax Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 May 2017
I have worked for Future Electronics for 17 1/2 years, I have learnt a lot working there and would recommend this company to anyone. I have had a lot of friends there and people are very friendly.
I was very sad to leave there as I met a lot of people, but due to a family emergency I had to relocate to Ontario.
I would work at the company again if I had the chance.
Pros
Christmas lunch, great incentives
Cons
hours could be 37 1/2 hours rather than 40 hours
Average
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE / ORDER CHANGE DEPT (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC20 March 2017
Nice temp work but too repetitive, monotonous and felt like a number.
My team was not one of the greatest and the training was not efficient enough. And the monotony made the working hours seem longer
Pros
Wonderful company caf with excellent food choices
Cons
Too much politics
If your looking for a challlenge
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC2 January 2017
Great place great people. One of the best places to work. But it is very challenging. If you do not know how to cold call you will not be sucessful. All the respect given to the Miller family.
Pros
Free Coffee, lunches
Cons
micro management
High stress overall good place to work
Account executive/ customer service/inventory (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 September 2016
Few to many chefs in the kitchen. Lots of bosses
In general a good place to work.
Good room for advancement if you work hard. Very hard
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High stress
Work hard Play Hard
SUPPLY CHAIN AND ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC27 September 2016
Sink or swim. Boys Club. Kiss up to get promoted. The people are what makes the company. Many bosses over you . salary low for work done,. nothing is ever good enough
Pros
Full Cafeteria
Cons
Boys club
Many amenities and potential for job growth
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 August 2016
Many opportunities for career advancement with on site training and employee development a focus.
I learned how to motivate and manage employees, how to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective and detail oriented way.
The hardest part of the job was not having the option to do part time work after maternity leave.
The most enjoyable part of the job was recognition and appreciation on a regular basis by upper management.
Pros
On site gym and cafeteria
Cons
No part time employment opportunities
Productive and fast-paced environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 August 2016
Busy and always something to do. Dealt with sales people and management. Processed orders in a timely fashion always aiming to hit above required quota.
Fast paced, hard working enviroment
Internal communications/ Senior Corporate Marketer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2016
Working at Future teaches many skills including handling several jobs/ projects simultaneously.
Balancing work load and prioritizing are the two skills I find most important.
Good on paper
Sourcer (Product Marketing Manager) (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC11 February 2016
Future was as great place to learn and the environment was dynamic and exciting. I developped my sense of urgency and how to work effectively in a team and with different people and personalities. The work was very fast paced and employees held to strict SOP and so I was able to become more accurate with my results and faster at my work.
Pros
enefits, subsidized caffteria, dry-cleaning service, on-site nurse, upside
Cons
long hours, old facility
Best training program in the business
Senior Analyst - Branch Sales (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 November 2015
Acquired an incredible amount of knowledge during my year here. Work loads were challenging but the sense of camaraderie with colleagues was great.
Huge lack of mentorship and leadership, low morale
Graphic Designer, Advertising (Current Employee) –  Montreal10 June 2015
The work that I do is very typical of a corporate atmosphere. There is a lot that can be learned but also a lot of room for improvement. There is no opportunity for advancement, a huge lack of mentoring and leadership, which doesn't motivate, inspire or challenge employees.
There are a lot of great co-workers that I've met along the way.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation
Cons
no advancement, no mentoring, no inspiration
Good
Technical Inside Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC3 June 2015
Good coworkers, lots of multitasking, moderate to heavy workload, employee appreciation once a month, time management is essential, leave early Fridays and summer hours
Great experience
Return Merchandise Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC, CA11 May 2015
I had a great experience working here. True corporate-style work environment. Great cafeteria, gym, classes, and overall beautiful building and amenities.
Unique Montreal Based World Impact Company
Line Captain (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 March 2015
A hidden gem amongst Montreal Companies.
This company , which is based in Montreal, reaches out to all points on the globe.
Easy money, long hours, micro-managed
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montreal19 February 2015
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and contacting all your existing customer in your account base. After that was done, cold calling to try to gain new customers, new business. I learnt that having a relationship with your customer's is very important and that customer service is key. Management was horrible. It took forever for someone to help you and you never got the support and encouragement one deserves from a manager. My co-workers were the reason that kept me from quitting my job, I met some very nice people! Hardest part of this job was that management expecting you to call your customers daily, however a lot of busy buyers don't like to be contacted via the phone and just want to be contacted via emails. That didn't slide with management. They want to see you building a relationship with your customers (which is fine) so if they don't like to be contacted via the phone, find a way to get them on the phone.
Pros
Cafeteria, Gym
Cons
Long hours, micro managed, no support from management
Its the McDonalds of distribution
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 September 2014
There are many great people that work at Future but the main problem are the suckups that are in management. Most of them are not needed and most of them don't do anything. They hassle you for the stupidest things. They want you to do everything and then some for such low pay. There's too much harassment and over work. Lots of times I would work until 10pm at night from 8:30am. co-workers that can't pull the same weight as you get promoted. Its nuts. Loved the years and some people that I worked with but its too stressful for no reason. People are NOT organized and make the littlest thing personal.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
management
Really loves it's employees
Market Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 September 2014
Many employee benefits and a great accepting environment.