This position is for a fast growing, manufacturing and design company; a local organization with global clients. We have developed an aggressive growth plan and are preparing to move into a brand new office to accommodate our expanding team. It is a great time for you to join us and become part of the foundation for the future success of our company.
As our Bookkeeper/Accountant, you will be responsible for the full-cycle accounting duties as well as assisting in the preparation of financial statements, other financial reports and working papers. The key accountabilities for this role include:
- Manage all aspects of bookkeeping, monthly reconciliations up to & including general ledger
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and other financial reports
- Bill customers and manage Accounts Receivable
- Post vendors' invoices and manage Accounts Payable
- Manage inventory including costing
- Government reporting and remittances
- Cash flow management
- Provide financial information to operations including production cost variances
- Ensure costing models are accurate
- Provide recommendations for efficiencies
- Manage all aspects of accounting systems
- Developing and implementing financial reports for business planning purposes
- Prepare working papers for fiscal year-end closing and other documents necessary for preparing Corporate Tax Return & SRED claim
- Administration duties as assigned
- Ad hoc projects as requested; such as you'd expect in a growing, dynamic company
Ideally, you will have minimum 5 years experience working in operational accounting, preferably in a manufacturing industry. International importing and exporting experience will be a valuable advantage. You have proficiency with accounting software, NetSuite experience an asset. You are a self-starter with excellent communication skills, a keen awareness for customer service, ability to prioritize, exceptional attention to detail and interested in being a part of a fun team.
The compensation range is based on experience and we offer an excellent bonus based on the company's overall performance.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, please respond to this ad as we are looking for someone immediately.