Fulton Hogan Employee Reviews

good place to work
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WAMarch 2, 2016
everyone was good to work with and boss/s where easy going

day at work was doing the NBN as in pit and pipe/trenching on excavator.
Productive and Great Place to Work
National Learning and Development Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VICNovember 30, 2015
Great place to work, with supportive management at all levels and family values culture.

Wonderful learning and development opportunities and working alongside a great bunch of people who are striving for the same goal.
Pros
flexibility, interstate travel
Awesome ground crew
Ground crew (Current Employee) –  Wellington City, WellingtonNovember 9, 2015
Can be good Company to work for, but old gear tho in Wellington . Can be sum long days. The ground crews are good to work with.
Pros
Good ground crews
Cons
Management not the best, company very top heavy
If you're injured look for another job!
Apprentice carpenter (Former Employee) –  Southland InvercargillNovember 7, 2015
I worked for Fulton Hogan for approximately 3 years as a apprentice carpenter in the Civil Building Division located in Southland. At first the job was really great and I made a lot of really close friends. Things changed when I was injured on site which resulted in a severe back injury which required surgery. The management tried to cover up my injury stating that it did not happen at work. When I thought things couldn't get worse a FH manager took on himself visiting me uninvited at my house and accusing me of lying about my injury. After my back surgery I found out that the Regional Manager attempted to use character assassination which isolated me from my work friends. FH management didn't take the time to support me and my family when I was injured instead they just attacked my credibility as a person. I would not recommend working for the Southland Branch. I have talked to many senior management at FH which stated that the Southland branch is is known as the wild wild West with making up their own rules. My advice is not to be injured on the job if you are do not get FH to manage your ACC entitlements. Instead just say you injured yourself at home and have ACC manage your Injury.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Bad management practices
amazing work place
traffic control / subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Nelson, SOctober 30, 2015
i loved working with fulton hogan it was great enviroment great team mates and a fantastic boss (mike gibney of nelson) i had amazing support and they under stood that i have children, all my needs were meet to high standards and the crew members were so amazing always happy,positive and supportive.. got sent on jobs with ashphalt and sealing crews and they were amazing to work with.. loved travelling with them to different places each day for work and even went away for a week and they supplied accomodation foood a overnight allowances each night we were all away. i dont have a bad word about fulton hogan i love the company and the values they support
Pros
free snacks on trainning coarses
Cons
i didnt have any
It is a great place for the interim, and to help them out while they needed another staff member
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, HornbyOctober 16, 2015
The day would start at 6.30 and I would have particular sandwiches, rolls and sweet buns to make up, general food assistance.
I learnt a lot about speed and accuracy in my job, and the Management was lovely and very supportive. My Co-workers fantastic and helpful, the hardest part was trying not to eat the tasty food, and the most enjoyable was seeing people resting and relaxing in the cafe and the organised way of doing things there was well structured.
Pros
Free meal on break
Cons
The job was only Casual
great company with he resources to train there employees
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Albany, WAOctober 8, 2015
worked in a team of 12 in the heavy maintenance division that was responsible for stabalising road failures with in our network.
Pros
Training and everything provided
Always be prepared for changes in the day
assist the Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dry CreekSeptember 20, 2015
Both fortunate and unfortunate of not having a job title when I started. This allowed me to work over a large cross section of the company. I was able to use the skills I had developed over the years to assist the Project Manager in getting the job completed. From organising safety documentation to on site management. I was able to be a tradesman repairing plant in the morning, roller operator in the afternoon and finish line marking at the end.

A job not suited for everyone as you do work alone a lot and you don't have a constant Manager or supervisor so your work can go unnoticed or unappreciated. Also it is hard to explain to people what your job title is as you don't have one.
Pros
A great sense of personal achievement at the end of the day
Cons
Not knowing when you are going home
FULTON HOGAN
Traffic Controller, Road Works (Former Employee) –  Penrose, AucklandSeptember 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company, The people are great to be among, general workers right through to the BIG bosses.
Overall Satisfaction 8/10
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, christmas parties, transport, team building exercises, work functions such a corporate warriors box games etc.
Cons
Long hours, Must be dedicated & have very good communication.
good place and top guys to work with
Concrete Labourer (Former Employee) –  bendigo precast yardAugust 23, 2015
hard work very productive in my almost 3 years working with fulton Hogan ive learnt a lot met a lot of people worked along side good blokes for abit shared and used ideas to help each other so stay within the time frames givin...
Pros
bunnings vouchers for good work and ideas
great workplace
Roller driver,Loader driver,Road maintainance. (Former Employee) –  Levin, NAugust 5, 2015
i would work with these people again and again.have worked in this inviroment before.and would work in it again.
\all co-workers are equal,not one on one.
Good group of people, positive atmosphere
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NJune 29, 2015
AS a practical engineer, this allowed me to develop solutions to complete each stage of the project. My close relationship with the ground crew helped to maximise productivity and quality. This has a flow on effect ensuring the project schedule is advanced.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
The public
Great place to work.
Traffic Control (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, NMay 3, 2015
Working at Fulton Hogan has definitely changed the way I look at MTC's and just TC's in general. Great place to work and great people to work with.
Pros
Lunch breaks, great hours, good people, plenty work.
Cons
Long hours and weather conditions.
Productive Family orrientated company
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLDMarch 31, 2015
Productive Family orrientated company with a focus on Safety and Training. The team enviroment on Fulton Hogan job sites is promoted internally with social events, Company magazine etc.
Honest/ Hard working
operator/Gardener (Current Employee) –  Wellington, NMarch 12, 2015
I believe in Health and Safety, Im a team player very honest
I get on well with co workers and clients and the public. Been working for Fulton Hogan nearly 4years most off this was 6 days aweek. Great company to work for and with.
Fulton Hogan
Leading hand (Former Employee) –  St George QldJanuary 11, 2015
It is a great company with good organization. I have worked with this company over peroid of 10 years on and off and it is a company when you back its a feeling off comming home.
Pros
fifo
Cons
contract
form work
forms work (Former Employee) –  hutt wellingtonNovember 9, 2014
building a new roads
reinforcing,boxing,concreting and fixing hand rails
Cons
long hrs, with plenty over times
good people to work with
supply and supervise labour (Former Employee) –  Barhem/Koondrook NSW/VICOctober 12, 2014
I enjoy the diverse types of work encountered in the civil construction field. I have worked on bridges including an incremently launched bridge,minesites, water regulators,fish ladders and dam upgrades. I also enjoy remote area work. I have for the last six years supplied and supervised my own crew doing formwork,reo and concrete
Pros
supervising my own team
Cons
no cons
Average place to work
Truck driver and specialist operator (Former Employee) –  ChrischurchSeptember 4, 2014
We had a good verity of work what made it hard was a lack of skill of some managers trying to tell a skilled worker what to do a job
good place to work
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  HabanaSeptember 3, 2014
I learnt a lot of new skills working for fulton Hogan. Workmates are great to work with safety guidelines and procedures are in place but not always followed by management.
Pros
various machine to operate
Cons
mirco management