Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
(Edmonton office with travel involved)
- Ensure that the quality program and policy is understood, implemented and maintained throughout the organization;
- Maintain third party registrations and certifications as prescribed by the Canadian Electrical Code, Canadian Standards Association, and the Alberta Safety Codes Act.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Major responsibility is to provide proactive leadership in the following: Planning and Managing.
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of the quality system;
- Ensure the implementation of solutions to process, system or product problems;
- Ensure personnel support the quality system and work within the quality system procedures and guidelines in compliance with the company’s standards and the client’s requirements;
- Responsible for document, data control and records management as prescribed by the Laird QMS;
- Interface with external parties (clients and regulatory authority) on matters relating to the quality system;
- As it relates to the QA/QC functions:
o Supervise and organize site activities;
o Direct QA/QC staff in consultation with Project Manager;
o Develop manpower and resource requirements.
- Develop Quality & Inspection and Test plans in accordance with contract requirements;
- Initiate, schedule, coordinate, monitor and administer Quality & Inspection and Test plans;
- Control of inspection, measuring and testing equipment;
- Control of nonconforming product and all other non-conformances and implementation of corrective and preventive actions;
- Conduct internal quality audits;
- Participate on the Management QA/QC review team.
- Ten (10) years construction related quality control/assurance experience with supporting academic or technical credentials;
- Trade ticket in a relevant field or a CET;
- Able to read and interpret drawings, contract documents and specifications to effectively plan the scope of work to meet the contract deliverables;
- A mathematical aptitude and administrative skills to complete detailed forms and reports;
- Strong computer skills including Excel and statistical reporting processes;
- Knowledge of WHMIS, First Aid and other applicable safety training requirements;
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, regulations and standards;
- Valid Driver's License (minimum Class 5);
- Knowledge of welding procedures and data sheets. Must be CWB Level 1 certified.
- Problem solving and analytical skills related to the resolution of deficiencies;
- Above average computer skills including working with data spreadsheets and databases;
- Demonstrated excellent in supervisory skills including delegation;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills including the ability to sequence QA/QC activities in a logical order;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with a variety of people;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal including the delivery of reports (Inspection and Test Status) and dispute resolution;
- Strong decision-making ability;
- Ability to motivate, mentor, coach and supervise QA/QC staff;
- Ability to effectively interface with other contractors and crews be a Team player!
- Laird provides goods and services that meet or exceed the client’s specified requirements;
- Maintain an effective and efficient quality system;
- Adoption of the concept of continuous improvement and strive toward total customer satisfaction through effective performance measurement of system effectiveness and corrective and preventive action;
- Employees are aware of and understand the quality policy;
- Regular reporting on the performance of the quality system to the Operations Manager for review and as a basis for continuous improvement to the quality system;
- Turnover documentation packages are complete, accurate, delivered to and accepted by the client in cooperation with the supervisory staff;
- Continuous development of the QMS system and the interdependencies with the HSE system.
Would be an asset:
- Be a Certified Master Electrician.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Access Data Base applications.
Schedule: Monday to Friday; 40hrs/week.
Location: based in the Laird Edmonton office, this position will also require travelling to our various sites in Edmonton and Fort McMurray.
Laird Electric Inc. offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should apply with resume, cover letter, (please note position title in cover letter or subject line of e-mail) and salary expectations to the email address noted in the advert.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Fuller Austin is part of the Churchill group of companies and provides mechanical insulation, asbestos abatement, cladding, HVAC, refractory...