Full-time position, Edmonton, Alberta
Laird Electric Inc. is currently accepting resumes for the position of Junior Accountant. This position reports to the Branch Accountant and is responsible for Invoicing, Cash Application and Account Reconciliations. In this role, the employee will work closely with the rest of the Finance team and offer support to site as needed.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Generate daily, weekly and monthly invoices;
- Prepare and record daily cash application;
- Prepare billing packages for client review and approval;
- Assist and prepare account reconciliations;
- Job close reports;
- Responsible for other administrative duties as required.
- Possess an Accounting diploma or related post-secondary education;
- Minimum 1 to 3 years experience and/or training in a related position;
- Experience working independently and handling high volume work demands;
- Advanced computer skills specifically in MS Excel and MS Word, and SAP would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with both internal and external customers;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to deal with large workload in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong sense of “Customer Service”.
- Invoicing packages delivered to the client in the format they require, with all applicable backup;
- Accurate and timely posting of cash;
- Timely and consistent delivery to site of billing requests for client review and approval;
- Files maintained in a current and accessible manner;
- Assisting in the job close process.
Location: 6707 59th Street Edmonton AB T6B 3P8.
Salary: $39,000 to $41,000 per annum.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm (40hrs/week).
Benefits: Health and Dental, RRSP matching plan, Shares matching plan.
Laird Electric Inc. offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should apply with resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to the email address noted in the advert (please note position title in the subject line of email). Thank-you to all who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.