(Kitimat Modernization Project in BC)
Reports to: Field Engineer Lead.
Objective: Ensure all work and materials meet or exceed codes, industry practices, specifications, drawings and other requirements.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Perform daily quality inspections to ensure work is done and materials are according to specifications, codes, industry practices, standards and the contract. Complete quality assurance/control sign-off sheets.
- Review project drawings and identify issues and/or interference/ impact items prior to work start.
- Interpret drawings/ resolve technical issues in the field.
- Quantity verification and reporting to project controls.
- Implement the ITP in the field; follow up and ensure compliance in the field.
- Work with crews on a daily basis to resolve material and drawing issues.
- Report any quality deficiencies to management. Follow-up on rectifying any non-conformance in work to ensure it is done.
- Review material requirements, drawings and specifications to ensure compliance in the field.
- Prepare quality control and assurance documentation, data and reports.
- Provide the Project Manager updates on quality and any problems having work completed to requirements.
- Client accepts and approves payment on field work and materials after inspection sign-off. No further rework or corrective action is required.
- All additions/changes to the project that are not in the isometric drawings/scope changes are accurately identified and reported.
- Documentation and reports are complete, current, accurate and available and are accepted by the contractor.
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5- 8 years’ experience in heavy industrial construction.
- Individuals with Cladding and Sidding experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills; MS Office suite.
Schedule: 58 hours of work per week; 10 hours per day from Monday to Friday and 8 hours on Saturday. Hours in excess of 40 are paid at a rate of 1.5 times the base rate.
Hourly wage: negotiable.
Location: Kitimat Modernization Project/Site in British Columbia.
Fuller Austin Inc. offers an industry leading compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates may apply noting position title in subject line, with resume to the email address provided in the advert. Thank you to all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Fuller Austin is part of the Churchill group of companies and provides mechanical insulation, asbestos abatement, cladding, HVAC, refractory...