Fujitsu

Fujitsu Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Look elsewhere
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 7, 2014
Cons: 24/7 environment(odd work hours), negative work atmosphere, salary - barely any raises
Terrible job. Worked here for about 4 years and I wish I could take those years back. Negativity starts from the top. Manager comes in when he feels like it. Team Leads are clueless and delegate all the work to the agents. You receive a 50cent/hour raise after 6months. Then you might receive another 50cent/hour raise a year later. Don't expect anything – more... else. Extremely lousy salary. Impossible to move up in the company because management has their cliques.

The leads and supervisors have nicknames for the agents and they are always making fun of people behind their backs.

The job itself is not very difficult but it is painful to deal with.

Also any skills you acquire at this job will not be helpful in any other work environment. – less
Excellent Employer
Security Compliance Consultant (Current Employee), Swansea, UKFebruary 6, 2014
Good work ethic whilst allowing employees to get balance with life.
My Review
Project Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free cookies in the kitchen
Cons: long commute to work daily
A typical day at work involves teleconferencing with Project Stakeholders, to provide Project and Systems Deployment updates and recommendations. These meetings are usually back to back for the most part of the day.
Following that, I have a mandate to review and update various project documentations, including the enterprise architecture documentation, – more... disaster recovery/business continuity plans, which I am the custodian.
My daily time management is dependent on project requirements and deliverable at hand, and each work day may not be exactly the same as the next. However, I've always ensured that my work schedule and items on my to do list for the day are completed as planned.
I get along with most of my team members whom I work with directly, but sometimes go out of my way to offer assistance to whomever may need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility to manage my time well and to work as a team player. – less
Company with great, but untapped potential
Solution Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2013
Pros: regular training, solid international organization, good product offerings (if you can get to them).
Cons: some degree of dysfunction across business units, high overhead costs, lack of overall organization alignment.
Fujitsu is a great employer sitting on a tonne of potential if their management can just get their act together. They are the 3rd or 4th largest IT organization in the world but employees are regularly frustrated that aligning all Fujitsu capabilities to make them a true successful contender outside Japan seems elusive.

Although they claim Japanese – more... values, it is difficult to say that these values (e.g. focus on the customer - not the quarter) are regularly practiced.

Their salaries are aligned with the industry, but with overhead and structural issues, Fujitsu remains an expensive proposition for clients. You can jump immediately to sold opportunities but I also saw a lot of top tier people sitting for extended periods of time on the bench. Their sales organization needs improvement. – less
The Fujitsu Consulting is a good company for training and learning but they don't have good marketing process.
Business Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2013
Pros: geting more training and experience.
Cons: too much pressure unnecessary means micro management problems.
Typical day is like to see where are we standing with the project. Its current issues or progress etc. Look the day's priority and any deliverable date is coming soon etc. Sometimes help management with change work schedules and supporting shortage of employees. Helping coworkers if time permits.The hardest part is to stay with the deadlines.
Consaltant
consultant (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 15, 2013
Worst company to work as consultant; does not pay on time at all
Fujitsu
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2012
Pros: stability
Cons: no salary increases
Fujitsu is a overall descent company, however it lacks salary increases and is often disorganized for a high profiting company. I also find myself performing more tasks such as level 2 and supervising without salary compensation which is very frustrating and under appreciating.
Workplace culture was
IT-Support (Former Employee), stockholm SwedenDecember 19, 2014
Cons: early morning hours
A typical workday started at 05:30 and ended at 16:30. Support as a service-desk technician was providing support to high level security companies with government contracts. Workplace culture was not pleasing as most employees quit after a short period. Management was mostly unqualified individuals and this led to a lot of unsolved requests that low – more... level employees put in but never got resolved. – less
learnt alot from workplace
Acting (Former Employee), stevanageDecember 11, 2014
* Acting as a single point of contact for users

* Taking and logging calls

* Ensuring relevant information is extracted from call in a timely manor

* Categorising and prioritising calls

* Resolving incidents within SLA

* Escalating calls to relevant resolving group
Flexibility work hours, great management
Data Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: no micro management.
Cons: take a long time to be a permanent.
Great managment and very understandable, flexiblity work hours. It is a great working environment and very friendly co-workers, supportive and team work.
High tempo and high profile environment with challenging skills
Project Manager at Qantas (Current Employee), Mascot, SydneyDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: long hours
The PM has full end 2 end accountability of the migration of users from WIN XP to WIN 7. Each day was day was challenging as we continue to meet the demands of the customer and the Program.
I have certainly strengthened my PM skills, particularly in the stakeholder management area. Having worked with multiple teams, I have had to quickly adapt to new – more... processes as each team had slight variations on delivery.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with evolving processes and staff churn.
Personally I have been quite challenged by moving from the Customer side to the Service Delivery side. Any expectations of the customer needs to be understood and managed accordingly whilst delivering quality and cost benefits. – less
Help Desk Engineer
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Richardson, TxNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: compensation should be higher.
Great place to work, night atmosphere is fantastic. The company is experiencing some growing challenges. Co-workers are awesome. The best part of the job is the constant opportunity to assist and uplift others.
not to bad
Food prep and cleaning (Former Employee), Basingstoke, ENGNovember 20, 2014
The jobs that I had was not to bad if only they gave me more
training, and trust, in the job, I loved the jobs that I did, if only
helping in the jobs. not just get on with this and that, people should
one and other, not talk behind they back about them,
Very Professional Environment, But Has it's Quirks
Oracle EBS Practice Director & Project Manager (Former Employee), Traveled to many cities and statesNovember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: lack of team environment
Fujitsu has built a strong Oracle and SAP IT consulting arm where they have some of the most talented resources to delivery quality services. They have built trust with their customers by providing solutions to improve their business processes and enterprise systems. They have developed a model of Offshore Support and Managed Services which helps their – more... customers save money on projects which normally would be a much higher cost.

Working for Fujitsu felt like working with a small company sometimes. The Oracle practice is very tight and family-like. There are times where one feels like they are part of an immense "lost in the sauce" company when it comes to policy, training, and other HR demands for compliance.

The hardest part of the job was the constant upper management executive changes which changed the whole model of management below. There was always a feeling of being out of the loop and fear of losing one's position with them. There is also an underlying feeling that preference for positions and promotions go to friends who are from India.

A typical day is found working for both the internal company needs as well as the customer demands. It feels as if one has two or three bosses at any time. A consultant can also feel like he/she is on an island when at a client site as they don't have much interaction with or support from the practice leadership. – less
Great People
Consultant (Former Employee), Durham, NCNovember 16, 2014
Team worked well together in focused effort to address the customer. Management focused on the delivery of the project, well organized, well executed.
Gained alot of knowledge
Project Scheduler (Former Employee), BirminghamNovember 11, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
This was something id never done before it opened me up to a whole new career.
Chaotic Management
Splicer (Former Employee), NottinghamNovember 6, 2014
Pros: global brand
Cons: lower than expected piece rate and serious h&s concerns
Unbelievable disorganisation of job allocation, access issues to head end locations, pass irregularities, key irregularities, no technical standards to operate to, no pro-active leadership from senior management, no real commercial leadership from middle management, poor morale from existing workforce, OTDR's & ILM equipment not calibrated, test documentation – more... incorrectly compiled, technical interpretation non existent, health and safety breaches for example the use of lethal voltage on building site due to splice machines and OTDR's internal batteries not operable probably due to poor maintenance and cost issues in replacing and servicing equipment!

I left of my own accord to protect my life and my professional reputation.

All the above was documented in my resignation letter and probably laughed at by my immediate line manager and regional manager, how these company's survive in commercial telecommunications is beyond me, if you lack in moral and professional fibre then you will fit in nicely... – less
Missing the mark...
Client Executive (Former Employee), New EnglandNovember 6, 2014
Pros: culture of japanese parent company, excellent portfolio, terrific benefits
Cons: too much focus on administrivia, disconnect between japan and u.s.
Fujitsu America could have a much better market share in the U.S. market, but the lack of effective marketing and an inefficient supply chain continuously hamper this company's and its employees' progress.
great place to start
mobile I.T engineer (Current Employee), south east englandNovember 3, 2014
Pros: varied day and problem solving
Cons: erratic hours, low pay, no appreciation
since beginning at fujitsu i have learned alot , my day consists of attending calls which are sent to via pda. i attend a wide range of customer, high street and private.i work alone and i cover a wide area including essex norfolk and suffolk. i enjoy my job but do not feel valued by my company and i am not rewarded for my efforts in the field.
Best place to work
MAJOR ACCOUNT SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Metro NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: winners circle for quota makers
Cons: good benefits
Great Product - Good working atmosphere TEAM approach. Support in off hours . Get the team involved

1 2 3 4 5

About Fujitsu

Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of  Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio – Read more