Fujitsu Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Look elsewhere
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 7, 2014
Cons: 24/7 environment(odd work hours), negative work atmosphere, salary - barely any raises
Terrible job. Worked here for about 4 years and I wish I could take those years back. Negativity starts from the top. Manager comes in when he feels like it. Team Leads are clueless and delegate all the work to the agents. You receive a 50cent/hour raise after 6months. Then you might receive another 50cent/hour raise a year later. Don't expect anything – more... else. Extremely lousy salary. Impossible to move up in the company because management has their cliques.

The leads and supervisors have nicknames for the agents and they are always making fun of people behind their backs.

The job itself is not very difficult but it is painful to deal with.

Also any skills you acquire at this job will not be helpful in any other work environment. – less
Excellent Employer
Security Compliance Consultant (Current Employee), Swansea, UKFebruary 6, 2014
Good work ethic whilst allowing employees to get balance with life.
My Review
Project Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free cookies in the kitchen
Cons: long commute to work daily
A typical day at work involves teleconferencing with Project Stakeholders, to provide Project and Systems Deployment updates and recommendations. These meetings are usually back to back for the most part of the day.
Following that, I have a mandate to review and update various project documentations, including the enterprise architecture documentation, – more... disaster recovery/business continuity plans, which I am the custodian.
My daily time management is dependent on project requirements and deliverable at hand, and each work day may not be exactly the same as the next. However, I've always ensured that my work schedule and items on my to do list for the day are completed as planned.
I get along with most of my team members whom I work with directly, but sometimes go out of my way to offer assistance to whomever may need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility to manage my time well and to work as a team player. – less
Company with great, but untapped potential
Solution Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2013
Pros: regular training, solid international organization, good product offerings (if you can get to them).
Cons: some degree of dysfunction across business units, high overhead costs, lack of overall organization alignment.
Fujitsu is a great employer sitting on a tonne of potential if their management can just get their act together. They are the 3rd or 4th largest IT organization in the world but employees are regularly frustrated that aligning all Fujitsu capabilities to make them a true successful contender outside Japan seems elusive.

Although they claim Japanese – more... values, it is difficult to say that these values (e.g. focus on the customer - not the quarter) are regularly practiced.

Their salaries are aligned with the industry, but with overhead and structural issues, Fujitsu remains an expensive proposition for clients. You can jump immediately to sold opportunities but I also saw a lot of top tier people sitting for extended periods of time on the bench. Their sales organization needs improvement. – less
The Fujitsu Consulting is a good company for training and learning but they don't have good marketing process.
Business Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2013
Pros: geting more training and experience.
Cons: too much pressure unnecessary means micro management problems.
Typical day is like to see where are we standing with the project. Its current issues or progress etc. Look the day's priority and any deliverable date is coming soon etc. Sometimes help management with change work schedules and supporting shortage of employees. Helping coworkers if time permits.The hardest part is to stay with the deadlines.
Consaltant
consultant (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 15, 2013
Worst company to work as consultant; does not pay on time at all
positive environment and people
Project Coordinator/Admin (Contract) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2012
Pros: company events and fundraisers
Cons: too many roles in one position some individuals were too demanding.
Great company to work for good people and positive attitude.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2012
Pros: stability
Cons: no salary increases
Fujitsu is a overall descent company, however it lacks salary increases and is often disorganized for a high profiting company. I also find myself performing more tasks such as level 2 and supervising without salary compensation which is very frustrating and under appreciating.
Help Desk Engineer
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Richardson, TxNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: compensation should be higher.
Great place to work, night atmosphere is fantastic. The company is experiencing some growing challenges. Co-workers are awesome. The best part of the job is the constant opportunity to assist and uplift others.
not to bad
Food prep and cleaning (Former Employee), Basingstoke, ENGNovember 20, 2014
The jobs that I had was not to bad if only they gave me more
training, and trust, in the job, I loved the jobs that I did, if only
helping in the jobs. not just get on with this and that, people should
one and other, not talk behind they back about them,
Very Professional Environment, But Has it's Quirks
Oracle EBS Practice Director & Project Manager (Former Employee), Traveled to many cities and statesNovember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: lack of team environment
Fujitsu has built a strong Oracle and SAP IT consulting arm where they have some of the most talented resources to delivery quality services. They have built trust with their customers by providing solutions to improve their business processes and enterprise systems. They have developed a model of Offshore Support and Managed Services which helps their – more... customers save money on projects which normally would be a much higher cost.

Working for Fujitsu felt like working with a small company sometimes. The Oracle practice is very tight and family-like. There are times where one feels like they are part of an immense "lost in the sauce" company when it comes to policy, training, and other HR demands for compliance.

The hardest part of the job was the constant upper management executive changes which changed the whole model of management below. There was always a feeling of being out of the loop and fear of losing one's position with them. There is also an underlying feeling that preference for positions and promotions go to friends who are from India.

A typical day is found working for both the internal company needs as well as the customer demands. It feels as if one has two or three bosses at any time. A consultant can also feel like he/she is on an island when at a client site as they don't have much interaction with or support from the practice leadership. – less
Great People
Consultant (Former Employee), Durham, NCNovember 16, 2014
Team worked well together in focused effort to address the customer. Management focused on the delivery of the project, well organized, well executed.
Gained alot of knowledge
Project Scheduler (Former Employee), BirminghamNovember 11, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
This was something id never done before it opened me up to a whole new career.
Chaotic Management
Splicer (Former Employee), NottinghamNovember 6, 2014
Pros: global brand
Cons: lower than expected piece rate and serious h&s concerns
Unbelievable disorganisation of job allocation, access issues to head end locations, pass irregularities, key irregularities, no technical standards to operate to, no pro-active leadership from senior management, no real commercial leadership from middle management, poor morale from existing workforce, OTDR's & ILM equipment not calibrated, test documentation – more... incorrectly compiled, technical interpretation non existent, health and safety breaches for example the use of lethal voltage on building site due to splice machines and OTDR's internal batteries not operable probably due to poor maintenance and cost issues in replacing and servicing equipment!

I left of my own accord to protect my life and my professional reputation.

All the above was documented in my resignation letter and probably laughed at by my immediate line manager and regional manager, how these company's survive in commercial telecommunications is beyond me, if you lack in moral and professional fibre then you will fit in nicely... – less
Missing the mark...
Client Executive (Former Employee), New EnglandNovember 6, 2014
Pros: culture of japanese parent company, excellent portfolio, terrific benefits
Cons: too much focus on administrivia, disconnect between japan and u.s.
Fujitsu America could have a much better market share in the U.S. market, but the lack of effective marketing and an inefficient supply chain continuously hamper this company's and its employees' progress.
great place to start
mobile I.T engineer (Current Employee), south east englandNovember 3, 2014
Pros: varied day and problem solving
Cons: erratic hours, low pay, no appreciation
since beginning at fujitsu i have learned alot , my day consists of attending calls which are sent to via pda. i attend a wide range of customer, high street and private.i work alone and i cover a wide area including essex norfolk and suffolk. i enjoy my job but do not feel valued by my company and i am not rewarded for my efforts in the field.
Best place to work
MAJOR ACCOUNT SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Metro NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: winners circle for quota makers
Cons: good benefits
Great Product - Good working atmosphere TEAM approach. Support in off hours . Get the team involved
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGOctober 21, 2014
Pros: fredom to move about the uk to different locations
Cons: no holidays/pay, pensions or sick policy
Good work evironment ability to move around the uk to Exchanges , all work was indoors so weather did not effect your work
terrible plcae to work unless you like working as a sweat shop worker
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), richardson txOctober 17, 2014
Cons: everything you hate in a job and co
This is the worst co to work for i would not recommend anyone work for this company. You have no room for advancement and growth unless you brown nose. They don't have any type of work place balance. It is like working in a sweat shop and you have to deal with constant abuse over the phones. No one in management gives a care about anyone there except – more... themselves and if they feel that you are a threat they will fire you in a heart beat the if any one is reading this and has been offered a job there DO NOT ACCEPT THIS OFFER YOU WILL NEVER BE PERMANENT AND YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE TRASH.... if you are desperate for a job then take it just to pay the bills but keep looking and i hope everyone that is still there gets to get away asap. – less
Professional environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), WarwickOctober 14, 2014
I am a confident and outgoing individual with an ability to communicate with people at all levels.

Through my strong interpersonal skills and excellent working experience, I have developed an interest into the training of people. I believe that I have the ability to recognise potential in individuals and groups, and provide excellent support in the – more... achievement of their goals. I feel that these skills would contribute greatly to your organisation by continually improving and evaluating the quality of your personnel.

During my many years in the IT industry I have witnessed many changes and have adapted my skills along with those of my teams, to ensure we can still deliver our customers requirements. I am experienced in the change management lifecycle, including risk assessing for planned changes.

I have many years experience in ensuring staff training plans/appraisals are in place, reviewed/progressed and have dealt with numerous staffing issues such as lateness, sickness etc. which have been dealt with inline with company guidelines. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Fujitsu

Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of  Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio – Read more