Fujitsu

Fujitsu Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Look elsewhere
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 7, 2014
Cons: 24/7 environment(odd work hours), negative work atmosphere, salary - barely any raises
Terrible job. Worked here for about 4 years and I wish I could take those years back. Negativity starts from the top. Manager comes in when he feels like it. Team Leads are clueless and delegate all the work to the agents. You receive a 50cent/hour raise after 6months. Then you might receive another 50cent/hour raise a year later. Don't expect anything else. Extremely lousy salary. Impossible to move up in the company because management has their cliques.

The leads and supervisors have nicknames for the agents and they are always making fun of people behind their backs.

The job itself is not very difficult but it is painful to deal with.

Also any skills you acquire at this job will not be helpful in any other work environment.
Excellent Employer
Security Compliance Consultant (Current Employee), Swansea, UKFebruary 6, 2014
Good work ethic whilst allowing employees to get balance with life.
My Review
Project Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free cookies in the kitchen
Cons: long commute to work daily
A typical day at work involves teleconferencing with Project Stakeholders, to provide Project and Systems Deployment updates and recommendations. These meetings are usually back to back for the most part of the day.
Following that, I have a mandate to review and update various project documentations, including the enterprise architecture documentation, disaster recovery/business continuity plans, which I am the custodian.
My daily time management is dependent on project requirements and deliverable at hand, and each work day may not be exactly the same as the next. However, I've always ensured that my work schedule and items on my to do list for the day are completed as planned.
I get along with most of my team members whom I work with directly, but sometimes go out of my way to offer assistance to whomever may need it.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility to manage my time well and to work as a team player.
Company with great, but untapped potential
Solution Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2013
Pros: regular training, solid international organization, good product offerings (if you can get to them).
Cons: some degree of dysfunction across business units, high overhead costs, lack of overall organization alignment.
Fujitsu is a great employer sitting on a tonne of potential if their management can just get their act together. They are the 3rd or 4th largest IT organization in the world but employees are regularly frustrated that aligning all Fujitsu capabilities to make them a true successful contender outside Japan seems elusive.

Although they claim Japanese values, it is difficult to say that these values (e.g. focus on the customer - not the quarter) are regularly practiced.

Their salaries are aligned with the industry, but with overhead and structural issues, Fujitsu remains an expensive proposition for clients. You can jump immediately to sold opportunities but I also saw a lot of top tier people sitting for extended periods of time on the bench. Their sales organization needs improvement.
The Fujitsu Consulting is a good company for training and learning but they don't have good marketing process.
Business Analyst/Team Leader (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2013
Pros: geting more training and experience.
Cons: too much pressure unnecessary means micro management problems.
Typical day is like to see where are we standing with the project. Its current issues or progress etc. Look the day's priority and any deliverable date is coming soon etc. Sometimes help management with change work schedules and supporting shortage of employees. Helping coworkers if time permits.The hardest part is to stay with the deadlines.
Consaltant
consultant (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 15, 2013
Worst company to work as consultant; does not pay on time at all
positive environment and people
Project Coordinator/Admin (Contract) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2012
Pros: company events and fundraisers
Cons: too many roles in one position some individuals were too demanding.
Great company to work for good people and positive attitude.
Fujitsu
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2012
Pros: stability
Cons: no salary increases
Fujitsu is a overall descent company, however it lacks salary increases and is often disorganized for a high profiting company. I also find myself performing more tasks such as level 2 and supervising without salary compensation which is very frustrating and under appreciating.
A lot of work, but small compensation.
Sr. Software Sustaining Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical working day 10-12 hours per day. No compensation, small benefits. Difficult to get 5-10 vacation days. Maximum one- two days per week. Management do not care about employee.
Not the best IT place to work and all because of poor Management
Computer Analyst (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: poor management
Very poor Management from the start, they could not handle working under pressure and took it out by sacking people from work. during my first week working for them I saw 7 people get sacked for no reason what so ever. most people left before it got to the point of them being sacked. besides the poor management the co-workers were very helpful and supportive, also the experience I got working for them was another advantage.
Productive and good work culture
Network & Application Security Engineer (Former Employee), Madison, WisconsinJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
excellent place to learn, it is most professional place to work and good work culture and if any chance I get sure will consider offer
n/a
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: temporary
a typical work day was pretty simple as in you did your duties and went home.
Hazzardous work environment and unprofessional culture.
PDS-TECH http (Former Employee), Tar Heel, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Migration project from 700 Server 2003 Microsoft Windows Servers to 2008 in preparation from decommission Windows Server 2003 in June 2015. Monitor network enterprise system with Computer Associates Tools, SCOM and SolarWinds.
Monitor IBM Blades, HP C7000 enclosures and data migration and storage projects to move physical to virtual machines EXS and VMware and new HP ProLiant Servers. Expert in troubleshooting installation issues. Proficient in Peripherals connectivity, driver installations and issue resolutions. Provides IT systems support that may include duties such as installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and repairing. Also performs quality assurance processes to effectively manage system availability and improve operations. Includes high-level support of networks, such as administration, server builds and upgrades, domain configuration, and performance and tuning. Performed network administration with Windows Citrix server design, build, installation and configuration based on Microsoft and 3rd party applications. Supported Citrix XenApp, and App-V technologies as well as Active Directory, DHCP and DNS Server administration and support of Active Directory for server and Group Policy.
no opportunity for advancement
n/a (Current Employee), n/aJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: no direct hiring opportunities, 90% of service desk staff are contractor employees
It's got good people, and a good work environment. The downside is you will have a schedule that will no change, you are lied to about schedule changes, you get no benefits and there is no direct company hiring. There are people that have been there as contractors for as long as 2 years.
Productive and fun environment
IT analyst (Current Employee), TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches and the flexible schedule
Cons: shortbreaks and working weekends
Ive learned a little more about Operating system,time management,and being more patient.
My manager is a great individual and is always willing to give more knowledge so that growth is possible within the company.
My co workers are more like family because we look out for each other and help with whatever work needs to be done.
Workplace culture was
IT-Support (Former Employee), stockholm SwedenDecember 19, 2014
Cons: early morning hours
A typical workday started at 05:30 and ended at 16:30. Support as a service-desk technician was providing support to high level security companies with government contracts. Workplace culture was not pleasing as most employees quit after a short period. Management was mostly unqualified individuals and this led to a lot of unsolved requests that low level employees put in but never got resolved.
learnt alot from workplace
Acting (Former Employee), stevanageDecember 11, 2014
* Acting as a single point of contact for users

* Taking and logging calls

* Ensuring relevant information is extracted from call in a timely manor

* Categorising and prioritising calls

* Resolving incidents within SLA

* Escalating calls to relevant resolving group
Flexibility work hours, great management
Data Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: no micro management.
Cons: take a long time to be a permanent.
Great managment and very understandable, flexiblity work hours. It is a great working environment and very friendly co-workers, supportive and team work.
High tempo and high profile environment with challenging skills
Project Manager at Qantas (Current Employee), Mascot, SydneyDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: long hours
The PM has full end 2 end accountability of the migration of users from WIN XP to WIN 7. Each day was day was challenging as we continue to meet the demands of the customer and the Program.
I have certainly strengthened my PM skills, particularly in the stakeholder management area. Having worked with multiple teams, I have had to quickly adapt to new processes as each team had slight variations on delivery.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with evolving processes and staff churn.
Personally I have been quite challenged by moving from the Customer side to the Service Delivery side. Any expectations of the customer needs to be understood and managed accordingly whilst delivering quality and cost benefits.
Help Desk Engineer
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Richardson, TxNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: compensation should be higher.
Great place to work, night atmosphere is fantastic. The company is experiencing some growing challenges. Co-workers are awesome. The best part of the job is the constant opportunity to assist and uplift others.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fujitsu

Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of  Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio – Read more