You will be responsible for documenting and testing U-SCAN software applications. You will be responsible for preparing and executing a Software Quality Assurance Plan and maintaining SQA test records, ensuring that software meets design specifications and that it is released at the highest possible quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To fulfill this role, the SQA Test Analyst will:
Create test cases for the application using defined functional requirements.
Estimate test coverage needs (First Pass, Regression)
Execute manual & automated test scripts: Functional, Performance, Volume etc.
Develop test plans using “grey box testing” concepts.
Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in USCAN software program functions, outputs and content.
End-to-end software Development Lifecycle involvement
Perform Code Walkthrough by verifying that products are developed according to functional specifications and may facilitate test plan review meetings with SW Developers
Identify program variances from standards and suggest modifications.
Prepare test environments
Research moderately complex SW issues problems related to Quality
Communicate project status to project team and management
May represent Quality Assurance in project team meetings and communicates results to Quality Assurance team members.
Adhere & comply to Company/ISO procedures & policies
Support continual improvement efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Windows Platform, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Schedule, Exchange)
- Knowledge of DOS
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Retail (POS) systems is an asset
- Minimum 6 month programming experience (professional or academic).
- Previous testing experience in an automated environment is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem research & comprehension skills
- Good analytical and problem resolution skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Comp. Science, Engineering or other relevant technical field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
Must be authorized to work for any employer in Canada
This is a great opportunity to work with a talented and motivated team of professional developers. We offer competitive salaries and an inclusive benefits package. We value a work-life balance, provide flexible work hours, and promote personal growth through educational assistance programs.