FRONTIER SCHOOL DIVISION

FRONTIER SCHOOL DIVISION Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High paced work place
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Borchet ManitobaDecember 11, 2012
Pros: making a difference for teh students and helping the staff.
Cons: only a term position.
Enjoyed working with the students and it gave me full satisfaction making a difference in the school.
Frontier Collegiate Institute
Teacher (Former Employee), Cranberry Portage, MBAugust 25, 2012
Pros: subsidized housing, no utilities payments, live on campus, decent salary.
Cons: student population almost universally indifferent to being at school, very little effective discipline and almost zero accountability for student misconduct.
A unique school environment with many, many challenges for incoming teachers. Most students live at the school in crude dorms, a situation which is, in my opinion, the source of many of the problems teachers face at the school. Administration is bolstered by the fact that the division HQ is on the campus, but there is only so much a small group of people – more... can do. Residence staff are inadequately trained (again -- my opinion).

School culture is one of extremely low expectations, so new and ambitious teachers are welcomed but then quickly drained.

One of the biggest problems I faced in my time at FCI was the lack of socialization between teachers. It was a long and lonely year. There didn't seem to even be much professional collaboration, even amongst teachers of the same subject. As a new teacher, I needed help and received virutally none, despite having a complete staff of highly-paid, subject-specific "consultants" in the Division offices.

The subsidized housing in a nice perk, but the houses themselves are basic and completely unfurnished. – less

About FRONTIER SCHOOL DIVISION

Home page for the Social Studies Native Studies Department of Frontier School Division – More from ZoomInfo »