The Senior Petroleum Production Engineer role is an integral member of a Petroleum Asset Group whose principle objective is the maximisation of the deliverability and reserve development of hydrocarbon resources. . The Senior Petroleum Production Engineer will be a technical leader and principal consultant in production engineering, a coach and mentor of less experienced production technology colleagues, take oversight of the delivery of technical work according to agreed project scopes and deadlines and lead the QA/QC process of peer assist and review.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identification and support of implementation or production enhancing opportunities, expense monitoring and optimization, as well as economic value-adding projects
- Utilize analytical skills with engineering process knowledge to optimize production including identifying and implementing new technologies for enhanced production and recovery
- Monitor production volumes and operating costs to identify variances and to recommend and implement required corrective action.
- Identify and implement production enhancement and cost reduction projects for field operations and related services.
- Make recommendations with respect to the equipping and tying in of wells and project management for facility installations and enhancements.
- Provide technical support for identifying and correcting field production problems and implementing programs such as: pump changes, recompletions, fracture stimulations and work-overs
- Provide technical support on the design, implementation and operation of artificial lift, gathering systems and production facilities
- Supervision of field operating staff, including field trips to review, inspect and manage the responsibility for efficiency, safety, loss control and environmental protection.
- Identify and support the assessment of corporate or asset acquisitions.
- Develop, justify and defend economics that will support the production, capital and operating expense forecasts.
- Approve and justify operating invoices and JV billings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation preferred, or Technologist (P.Tech, R.E.T., C.E.T.) designation
- Engineering degree or Technologist diploma
- 6 – 10 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in production engineering and operations
- Able to solve complex problems without previously established procedures.
- Technical experience in field development and reservoir management related activities; experience including all aspects of field development planning: technical, operational and financial elements with assessments of associated risks and uncertainty an asset.
- A solid understanding of completion engineering, reservoir engineering, related software applications, oil & gas development principles, and a familiarity petroleum industry operational practices
- Advanced experience evaluating production type curve analysis, rate and transient pressure analysis and production history matching to judge production efficiency and reservoir performance an asset.
- A solid understanding of artificial lift mechanisms
- Experience with managing remote operations, multi-stage completion technologies and simultaneous operations on multi-well pads an asset
- Experience with downhole completion and workover operations plus a good knowledge of surface facilities
- Excellent knowledge of artificial lift systems
- Superb oral and written communication skills; the ability to establish strong rapport and credibility as a leader with all internal and external stakeholders, including government bodies, international/national oil and gas companies, and management
- Experience in training new human resources an asset
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work within an innovative, growing company
- Periodic international opportunities
We thank all who apply but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago