Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (Part time/Contract positions available)
From Play to Words Inc. is a growing private therapy practice that provides Speech-Language Pathology and Occupational Therapy services primarily to children between 0-16 years of age. Our Speech-Language Pathology Assistants provide services including group and individual treatment for children with a range of disabilities, in collaboration with families and community partners in a variety of settings including home, clinic and schools.
We are currently seeking a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) with experience in pediatrics to join our team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of a Therapy Assistant/Rehab Assistant/Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Program and /or previous employment as a SLPA
- Preference given to individuals with a minimum one (1) year clinical experience.
- Experience working with a team including an OT, PT and SLP is an asset
- Work with clients and their families to follow through on speech, language and motor goals as set by SLP, PT, and OT which are function focused and are targeted, measurable outcomes
- Provide direct service to families and school staff
- Utilize research to establish and support evidence-based practice
- Data collection and maintenance
- Team meetings
- We have part time and contract positions available
- Flexible work schedules (evenings and/or weekends) available with additional options of completing the administrative part of the work (e.g. material preparation, etc.) from a home office
We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. This posting is open until filled.
Our contact details:
From Play to Words
27 Governor Place
Spruce Grove, AB T7X0M2