Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Productive Enviroment but makes you different person!
Full Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: salary+++, stable workforce, fun enviroment, friendly peers and very low supervision
Cons: worklife balance, griping store mgnmt, lazy coworkers and "people stepping on your feet" (advancement delays)
A typical 8 hour day as a merchandiser would be starting weekdays usually early around 4 or 5 am. weekends might leave one of the 2 merchs on your route doing afternoons pulls starting between 10 am and 1 pm. job isn't hard at all but you just have to be very assertive with your approach to working especially when communicating with customers (stores). – more... They give you an iPhone 4 currently as a company phone with otter box case to clock in with and do other work related tasks and also supply you with good knee pads and maxi-flex gloves for free. You also get reimbursed mileage 56 cent per mile month or by period because you will be driving your own insured vehicle. Tasks mainly include Putting chips on isles, end caps, weekender displays, cross-dock pallets etc and will be assembling some of them as well as relocating and breaking down.

Some Coworkers will put work off on you, Especially salesmen because they get lazy and don't want to work back sock before load and want to go home early. Not all but alot do.Receivers and management seem to always gripe at you and call your boss. Most back stock areas are not well allocated vendor area wise and usually crowded especially when beer and soda loads are delivered.depending on your route, time of day and or week, store volume you can have a lot to do or nothing at all. Friendships are usually strong and fun among Co Workers, vendors and store employees, even consumers and everyday can be different.

You can move up really fast and make very good salary while frito lay is above the market beginning at merchandisers but at the same time it seems with some District Sales Leads (DSL) if you are more useful as the perfect merchandiser to them than you would be as a salesman driver because of the quality of work and entry level turnout rate as well with any job makes they're day easier. Theres alot of favoritism among-st management and everything stems from a referral method as who you know supersedes what you know at times.

Frito Lay is a great company with great job security, beautiful senses of humor, great 401k matching and they take care of employee for the most mostly because they are a dominate company to where competition is minimal and can afford to dispense alot of the amenities they have.I would tell anyone to apply there with the intent to make money or build a solid career with a stable chance but dont let DSLs blind you double standards and smokey clouds of contradictions and lies.

Certain types of people flourish and the others perish with this entire field, just to be clear so that frito isn't completely under fire. As this company operates exactly as you would think a former union job would.

Hope this helps that one who looked or and accurate idea just like i did a year ago. Sorry for typos..I was typing fast. – less
high pressure job with no work life balance
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
job is very detail oreinted with very low margin for error.Management was very unorganized as far as approach to sales and planning.very little time to spend with family
good
warhouse 1 (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2014
management constantly blamed low level employees for faults out of their control.
Excellent compinsation
Utility Technician (Former Employee), Frankfort, INSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: long hours
Packing chips, Sanitation and maintaining machines.
Learned most of my hands on skills here including how to manage and diffuse situations that needed to be.
The hardest part of this job was the long hours on your feet.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Detailer (Current Employee), Columbus, MSSeptember 9, 2014
A great job with nice people. I meet new people on a daily basis.
Semi productive environment, nice employee lounge
Customer service advocate (Former Employee), troy,miSeptember 9, 2014
Busy from start to finish most days, hardest part of the job is the beatings by customers
great
Warehouse Worker- Duties (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Duties were setting and resetting shelving displays of products, assemble displays at the front of stores, price and tag products, conduct inventory of the stock of specific products, place reorders when necessary, ensure that the displays of the products is in compliance with the company and safety standards, provide training to salespeople on the – more... features and benefits of the products, collect information related to customer satisfaction – less
Fun but isolated a bit
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about high-end maintenance
Cons: felt isolated, no room for advancement
had job briefing at beginning of shift where I was given a weekly task matrix.

Learned how to refurbish, welding, PLC operation, diagnose high voltage problems, boiler and pump room operations.

Managers were quite professional and sometimes overbearing.

Management, and some of the biased nature of the job.

free snacks, and other products to take – more... home. – less
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker/Order Selector (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day consist of anywhere from 5-12 hours depending on the time of year. My coworkers are very pleasant people to be around. This is a major plus in such a strenuous job.The hardest part of the job is not knowing when your shift will end. Like i stated previously your start/finish time is based on the workload.
socially active, productive
Unit Sales Manager (Current Employee), Cairo, EgyptSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, salary
Cons: location and distance
I learned how to manage people and always focus on the company policy and rules to achieve my target and gain the best communication and relations t that job.

I really enjoyed working with all my coworkers & management team as they were all funny and working to have a better atmosphere and relations.

The hardest part of the job that we had a lo of – more... conflict in the middle east now a days and that makes it abnormal.

The most enjoyable part is when you achieve your target and be the best. – less
Something new everyday
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN-A (Former Employee), Fayetteville, Tn.September 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: lots of overtime but not mandatory
Fast paced work environment most of the time. Great people to work with and for, great pay and benefits.
Great atmosphere and very friendly co workers
Case Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: discount on frito lay products
Cons: not enough hours for work
Your day starts off in a 10 minute meeting. Afterwards your given a line to start production on. Every hour you move to the next production line. which is a hassle if your co worker ahead of you cant keep up with the line. You learn to be patient and to pace your self as work is coming down the line . Hardest part of the job, is ensuring the quality – more... is good for the shipment. Reading labels and checking for bad bags while u pack is pretty challenging. The best part of the job is your co workers who keep things going, and your allowed to taste your product on your line. – less
great company to work for.
Production Worker (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: i had fun and enjoyed my work and coworkers
Cons: fast paced work
we set up labels then you are to make a box and fill with the bags then stack on pallets. Management was fair and easy to work with
Great place good people.
Warehouse Tech and Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great place work good people to work with.
Cons: great place but no family balance.
Typical day load trailers and run T-Rex unmaned trailer loader .Great co workers enjoyed job but no family time.
Pays well, probably not worth it
Packer (Former Employee), Kirkwood, NYAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: countless 12 hour days and even working on days off
As a packer you are at the whim of the crewer, if they decide they need people to fill in gaps then a person from the previous shift stays for 4 hours at time and a half and a person from the next shift comes in early for 4 hours at time and a half. While the pay is nice this could happen every single day of your work week for a month. If you're full-time – more... they can force in to come in on your days off as long as they give you one day of every 14 days. That's all. And it does happen more frequently than you'd expect. Poorly managed and just aggravating – less
demanding difficult atmosphere to work in
Transport Driver (Current Employee), Dayville, CTAugust 30, 2014
Pros: amount of vacation and holiday time
Cons: benefits
A typical workday had variable start times with variable destinations. I learned how to be patient on the road and in so doing remain safe for the most part. Management is a tad arrogant. Love my coworkers and have developed many great relationships. Hardest part of the job is watching the company cut benefits. Most enjoyable part of the job is pay – more... day. – less
very phisical job
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great paying job
Cons: have to get up at 2 am to go to work
I would have to take the orders for all the stores I am responsible and then deliver and merchandize them to the shelves
No Life
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: all work and no life
Work every weekend and every holiday. DSL would not answer her phone calls.
Stressful
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: all of the wonderful people i was able to meet in the workplace
Cons: i had no life and full of stress
My day started everyday at about 3am. I started by loading my truck with the product I would need to service my customers correctly. I would then drive to my first account. I had about 12 accounts a day to service. My day would end everyday at about 7pm.

I had some of the best co-workers anyone could ask for. They were all full of great knowledge. – more... They would be willing to help, support, and answer any questions I would have to help me be successful.

The hardest part of my job with Frito-Lay was the hours I piled up. I was working about 65-70 hours a week. I had no life outside of work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the paid vacations. By the time they came around I was so burned out that it was nice to have a week off. – less
Early start, being able to work as if it's your own business.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2014
Running your route early in the morning and being able to work freely with out any traffic stress was great. Also being in charge of every aspect of the business from ordering, packing out product, being in constant contact with store managers, and building out displays. My co-workers were always ready to help out and I myself always willing to give – more... a hand.
The best part of this job, of course after getting paid, was the fact that i felt like i was my own boss for the most part. – less

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more