Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
this was a great company to work for the realyy helped me alot with everything i needed help with and was very friendly
Material Handler (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 5, 2014
just an all out great company operated a forklift while loading and unloading trucks
Sales driven
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: independence, money, setting your own schedule
Cons: long hours, poor family time, some management
Work days are 8-14 hours five days a week. It depends on the individual. The work itself is not hard but dealing with several customers and driving in traffic can be challenging. The weather conditions can add to exhaustion depending on the season.

I learned how to deal with different store owners/managers of all races, age, religion, etc...I learned – more... that hard work and consistency pays off. You will be selling chip products, cookies, crackers, and other snack foods.
The management is not what it used to be. They have several supervisors/managers who do not understand the functions of a route salesperson day to day activities.

Since most of the time you will be working alone, you have little interaction with coworkers except in meetings and phone communication.

The hardest parts of the job are the long hours, the continuous start/stop of driving from location to location. The extra unnecessary meetings weekly and lack of good management.

I enjoyed the independence of not having anyone look over my shoulder. I enjoyed meeting different people from different backgrounds. I enjoyed selling and distribution and feeling like I EARNED my paycheck every week. The money was good until they changed the pay scale. I enjoyed the benefits and paid vacations. I enjoyed most of my coworkers as well. – less
Very Good Job
Resident Security Consultant (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 4, 2014
One of the best companies that I had the pleasure of working for. Very professional management staff
The Traveling Merchandiser
Part-time Detailer/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ventura, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: extremely flexible with scheduling, decent pay including payment for mileage when using your person vehicle
Cons: no guaranteed pay every week, start time varies (can start late lie 3 pm or as early as midnight depending on what is assigned)
On days that I do work (as I'm an on-call employee mainly), I am sent to assist a sales representative in merchandising (or stocking) a store. Some days I'm sent to stock the store later in the day (known as a re-hit, this is normally during holidays). No matter the day, it starts as follows: walk into the store, see what product is where and fill what – more... needs to be filled with product, while rotating the dates forward. After any and all product is put up and rotated, I face up the product, giving it the appearance of looking full.

Management can improve and has been since I first started. Communication has gotten stronger over the time that I've been employed.

My co-workers consister of other part-time detailers and full-time merchandisers (known as FTMs) and sales representatives. Together we split the work to finish to store faster and keep up with the assigned schedule or get ahead.

The hardest part of this job is the fact that it's an on-call position. Meaning that all days worked are on a needs-basis. This means that it is very possible to have some weeks where my help is not needed whether it is a slow week or there are extras that are higher up than me who get the work first.

Most enjoyable part of my working here is the travel. Travelling around from stores meaning sometimes from one city to next. The customer from each store add to this enjoyment as they tend to make my day. – less
Well kept company, but with fluctuating hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good pay, occasional easy days, by yourself most of the time
Cons: inconsistent hours, overworked in some cases
I travel to my first store and the Sales Lead is dropping the order for that store. He leaves, I work the order and make the store look good, then I leave and move to my next store. This store has a different lead, and I may or may not see him throughout the day depending on how much work we each have to do and how fast it gets done. He drops the order – more... at this store, and I work it and do the same as with the first store. Rinse, repeat.

There's hardly a sense of management. There are district leaders who are assigned to each route, but they are more in contact with the Sales Leads, and only delve into Merchandiser matters when a Merchandiser's performance is affecting the store quality.

I don't have "co-workers", per se. I may or may not see the Sales Leads on any given day, unless they need to speak to me, and any message they need to pass on may be done through text/phone call/etc. It's all a matter of how much work each person has to do and when they finish it and if they happen to be at the same place at the same time. Only if I'm ahead of my normal schedule will I ever see the Sales Lead mostly, because I have to contact him/her to get the order dropped for my next store. It's all a matter of communication and timing.

The hardest part of the job is keeping everything properly rotated and relocated and not losing track of where things are at a given point. Lots of product moves through the stores so it's easy to let it get out of hand.

There's hardly an "enjoyable" part. I suppose when you don't have much work to do for a given day is enjoyable. But there's not much to find joy in in stocking chips, to be honest. It's a job.

The hours aren't flexible. There's hardly a way to get off for any time that you may need, and if so, it's extremely difficult to do so. The pay is good, but the hours aren't always consistent. If you don't get enough hours, it's hard to find more, and if you are working too many, it's hard to get some of the weight taken off.

But overall, it's a good job. It just has its ups and downs like any job does. – less
Well organized Business
Sales Warehouser (Current Employee), Burlington, NJOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free chips
Cons: long hours, part time untill full time position opens up
Non stop hard work. Working here I've learned how to deal and build relationships with outside customers as well as working toward great accuracy and efficiency in a warehouse setting. Managers become like family at this particular Distrubution center. The hardest part of the job is trying to consistently perform accurately.
Excellent company to work for
Pest Control Operator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free stocks
This company has so many good points...
They give great Benefits
They pay according to and above similiar jobs in the area.
It is a good and safe work enviroment.
Great training
Everyone usually gets along with each other
The hardest thing is when AIB inspection comes it is a lot of long hours and hard work to make sure everything is right.
The most – more... enjoyable is when the Inspection is over and we get served dinner at the plant as out reward for a job well done.
I would still be there If I hadn't retired.... – less
Great work enviroment. very challenging and fast paced.
Route Sales (Former Employee), Duncan, OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: very good pay
Cons: not alot of family time
A typical day at Frito Lay was never typical. I started at midnight. Beginning with a pre trip inspection of the truck. I would then load the truck from my own inventory at the warehouse, and drive the DOT regulated bulk truck to my first stop. I worked the back stock and prepared the store for the incoming load keeping everything to planogram. I checked – more... in at 5am, filled the shelves, then took my empty carts to my truck to take back to the warehouse. I did the same at my next two stops. I then went back to the warehouse parked my truck did my post trip inspection of the truck and completed all my paperwork before sending it electronically to frit lay. My days were anywhere from 10 to 14 hrs. depending on holidays and displays being built. – less
Customer Service
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOOctober 27, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no benefits
Great beginners job and ability to acquire skills to grow and take with you into your career later down the line.
Site Lead (Former Employee), Amrillo,TXOctober 27, 2014
The Best thing was the healthcare. But the most enjoyable part was the co-workers and friends you made.
Merchandiser
merchandiser (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 22, 2014
Merchandise product to shelf, rotate product, keep back room clean
rsr (Current Employee), Yuba City, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours.
not much time for anything else. good pay and benefits though.
Warehouse is great
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 16, 2014
Pros: enjoy the benifits frito lay gives out
I enjoy setting trailers up and also loading them up. The co workers are excellent to work with
safe place to work
Training and Staffing Manager PepsiCo (Former Employee), St. Louis, moOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: job security
Good education when changing jobs, safe and diverse job. Management was fair and my co-workers was like working with family. My last position was a 24/7 as a safety manager. I thought it was job security.
n/a
Package Handler/Inspector (Former Employee), orlandoOctober 14, 2014
Responsibilities
• Handling cash and storing money in a safe deposit
• Preparing food and assisting guests as necessary
• Focusing on delivering a positive guest experience
• Communicating effectively with team members and guests
• Ensuring sufficient food is prepared for a day’s work
Fast paced to meet next day delivery,but still a comfortable work environment.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Evansville, INOctober 13, 2014
The pay is decent and my co-workers work as a team, are friendly and fun to work with. Which makes the job a lot easier. During the rush period (push weeks) the company buys the employees lunch or has a BBQ which is nice, and there is ice cream for the summer months.
fun Fast-pace job
Packer (Former Employee), Forest, VAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: don't have to clock out for lunch, the pay is great and weekly
Cons: different packing lines you are on may be more work and faster than others, if you're a packer
I was not there very long to experience much about management or the company as a whole, but I enjoyed this job a lot. They train you well, it's definitely good money, but if you are full time I know you will practically live there. The required time to put in is a must. The hardest part would just be if you were working full time. Co-workers I worked – more... with I enjoyed to the fullest. They were very helpful and friendly. – less
A stable, steady job
ROUTE SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 12, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits
Cons: long hours, little room for advancement
It's not a bad place to work, just be prepared to work long hours and deal with a lot of different people over the course of a day. Also, you have to be flexible as you may be asked to travel on short notice.
Job security is great, I mean, it's a billion dollar business that has great brand recognition and market share. The advancement part is why I – more... gave that segment a "1," because the RSA career track basically ends when you become an RSR and get your own route. If that's what you want, then don't be discouraged, it will work for you. I just want more. – less
Good pay and benefits
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee), Braintree, MAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good group of co-workers
Cons: too many reports and excessive paperwork
Each day was different depending on the tasks for the day because any sales opportunity could present itself without warning. Being prepared to spot and respond to opportunities was key to accomplishing objectives set by managers. There were training opportunities which helped in fine tuning skills to be as effective as possible in the field. The challenges – more... were on the job were an opportunity to interact with managers and co-workers always seeking to learn better ways of meeting objectives which the job very enjoyable and satisfying when success was the end result. – less
Great Place
Fork Lift Driver/ Operation Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: always working
you have to work hard but great pay. There are new things to learn everyday

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more