Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Vendor Customer Services
Vendor Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2016
Go into SAP and review the report for Vendor Customer Compliance from the day before. Data Entry Customer orders, credit/debit customer orders for shortages or extra products, filing, answering customer questions and sales rep questions via phone or email.
Send a report at the end of the day to the Vend Team with all orders input for that day. Also, go into SAP and make sure that all orders are complete for shipping.
Pros
Nice place to work, free coffee, free product to sample
Cons
Only temporary work
Great workplace, Management irresponsible
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 November 2015
Basic job with not much thought process, gathered chips to be delivered to variety stores as well as super markets. Management was all over the place and didn't know what was going on half the time.
bonne communication, efficacité, sécurité
technicien enrepot, pre-picker (Current Employee) –  Vanier, QC15 November 2015
Comme nous sommes une petite équipe, tous le monde se connait ou presque. Donc il est facile de communiquer et de régler des problèmes directement sans passer par le chef du département.

Dans mon département ( pre-pick ), nous avons des "meeting" le matin d'environs 15 min, Nous sommes évalué sur le rendement CHH ( caisse par heure par homme ), les erreurs dans les commandes. Nous travaillons sur un module électronique ou les commandes nous sont envoyer et nous remplissons les caisses a l'unité.

Les dirigeants sont disponibles pour nous appuyer dans notre travail.

La consolidation travail famille et la gestion des horaires et du personnel sont pour moi les points fort et plus faible lié a mon travail.
Safe Factory Environment with respectable people
Summer Student Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 November 2015
Great, respectful people are generally hired by Frito Lay, making it a safe and friendly place to work.
Active student packers are often offered opportunities to become trained in other tasks around the plant.
The guidelines for self and product safety are well implemented throughout the factory floor.
Though sometimes poorly managed due to the large amount of decision makers in the plant at any one time, Frito Lay is usually well organized through advanced planning and scheduling.
Pros
Sign-out sheets for slow days
Cons
Too many summer hires
Employees
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB29 September 2015
I always had fun working with fellow employees while keeping a safe and maintained work station. I found it was always an easy and fun job
Dynamique
Marchandiseur (Former Employee) –  laurentide (déplacement)16 September 2015
Se déplacer de magasin en magasin pour placer le produits fritolay's dans les supermarchés. Développe l'autonomie et la rapidité d'éxécution.
Pros
Exemple : Repas gratuits
Cons
Exemple : Pas d'avantages en nature
Solid company
Warehouse Resources (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge AB6 August 2015
FLC is a solid company. Good staff, excellent processes. Very engaged hourly employees. We ran the 125,000sqf warehouse 224/7 with four teams. Improved labour productivity 20%
Fast paced enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
Typical day is 10 hours
Hardest part of the job is the work life balance because of the early mornings and long days.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the face to face customer interaction.
Pros
Fair pay
fun
seasoner/ packer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 May 2015
put seasoning on chips, did quality checks, clean machines changed over flavours of machines ,packed finished product into boxes
Pros
cheap price on chips
Cons
alot of overtime
Peers dedicated, helpful and hard working
HR ASSISTANT ADMINISTOR DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, Alberta28 April 2015
The staff I worked with was great however the management was in constant flux. The vision and goals of those individuals therefore were different which made it seem hard/impossible to hit that ever moving target. The job itself was interesting and challenging which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lots to learn as we had to adapt to changes and expectations.
Cons
Constant Multiple Changes in Management and Programs
Pay isn't bad
ACE Technician/Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB15 April 2015
The job itself is draining but the pay was alright. Depending on what you do in the plant then your job could be very simple to extremely physical.
Great place to work for. In sales the flucuation of pay and route engenieering is stressfull at time.
Retail Sales Representative, Route Training Expert (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 February 2015
You can expect to work a 8-10 hour day. Not a stressfull job but very demanding on key weekends. Co workers are great and management work hard at getting the most success out of their employees. Hardest part of the job is working weekends.
Pros
Your own work shedule
Cons
Long hours at time. Compensation for overtime.
productive workplace good experience
Followed supervisor orders efficiently (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 February 2015
pack chips and i cleaned machines, co-works were good to work with, i learned sanitation , working with different machines
Good job but work/life balance suffered
Route Sales Representative/New Grad DSL Delegate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 January 2015
Working for an international company like Frito Lay/PepsiCo had its benefits but days were often 12-14 hours long. My "weekend" was Wednesday & Thursday most weeks.
environnement stimulant
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval20 October 2014
vente et mise en place des grignotines. travail physique. se doit de commencer sa journée très tôt.
Pros
horaire
Cons
salaire
productive and positive team environment
Packaging technician & Trim Inspection (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 September 2014
Frito-Lay had an effective and resourceful student summer workplace experience. Frito-Lay provides further security and stability for fulltime employees. Frito-Lay provided a positive team environment where employees would work together and help others with tasks and to be productive. I gained many new skills including leadership skills in my experience at Frito-Lay/Pepsico, Canada.
Ok work place
Part-time Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bishop Falls NL11 August 2014
Driving to different business's delivering product (chips). Filling racks trying to make a certain quota each week with sales.
Pros
Decent pay at times and meet new people.
Cons
Sometimes to had angry customers to deal with, could have long days.
Working for Frito Lays was a great working experience.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 July 2014
A typical day with Frito Lays working as a merchandiser is the same at every store I visit. I merchandise and rotate the product and at times I help assemble and fill displays. I got along well with my boss who was fair and helpful with explaining my duties. Even though I worked by myself I did at times worked with co-workers. They are a great bunch to work with. Very helpful and patient with me. They only had to explain my duties once and then I finished the job from there. The only hard part of the job was there was a lot of twisting and turning while working which was hard on my back and shoulders. Lots of bending and kneeling also. I liked the job because I enjoyed the one on one with customers and employees of the stores I merchandised.
Pros
Working by myself and the satisfaction of finishing the job.
Cons
At times there wasn't enough hours in a work week.
Fun company to work for
District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2014
Great TEAM and fun products. Selling salty snacks was enjoyable.

Recommend anyone starting out in retail food to join and learn. excellent training program designed for this industry.
travaille stimulant
empacqueteuse (Former Employee) –  lauzon2 July 2014
j`emballais les sacs de chips dans les boîtes....m assurais a ce que les sacs est des codes...et conforme aux exigences de la compagnie...parfois je faissais le nettoyage des machines.
Pros
beaucoup avantages sociaux
Cons
horaire variable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.