Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Fast paced, high energy workspace.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB11 May 2016
A typical day at work involved a lot of problem solving regardless of which department I was in. I learned that communication, self motivation, and that adversity is part of nearly every situation. Management at Frito was relatively well set up, that being said, where employees communicated regularly it seemed as if supervisors weren't always on the same page. Co-workers at Frito were all very friendly, helpful, and everybody worked hard. The hardest part about working for Frito was a combination of long hours, to having to constantly having to solve either our own teams' mistakes or night shifts' leftover mistakes. The most enjoyable part of working with Frito was guaranteed days off every week, a livable wage, and a pleasant work space.
Pros
Good wages, productive work space
Cons
The cons of working at frito were so superficial and miniscule they aren't really worth mentioning.
Experience
Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2016
This is a great job for university students and young people who are just out of high school. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of the rotational merchandisers.
Pros
Working unsupervised so it forces you to challenge yourself and be self motivated to to a great job, Also free chips when they are just expired back at the warehouse
Cons
Wear and tear on your vehicle, dealing with grumpy store managers, lazy merchandisers
Easy Work
Merchandiser - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2016
I found this a very easy job, it was monotonous but that only meant that I was able to work better on the rotation and making the shelves presentable to the customers and enticing to buy.
Pros
hours
Cons
salary
Long hours, tough work
Part Time Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
They pay well, but the work is boring and the time constraints can be pretty ridiculous. Overall, I would avoid working as a part time account merchandiser.
Fast paced, independent work style.
Product Merchandiser - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB13 February 2016
This position was a temporary contract. I went into four seperate locations, merchandised the shelves placing product out, I had to follow expiry dates, reduce on waste and manage my time to finish all locations in 16 hours.

The management team was professional, knowledgeable, and easy to contact in cases of emergencies or inquires. The position was a independent position and I had no coworkers. T

he hardest part of the job was getting to a speed of efficiency to merchandise all four locations in my contract within the hourly budget, but the feeling of pride at the end of the day when you can look down the aisles and see what you've accomplished is phenomenal, the fast pace and constant demand to better myself was enticing and the reward of completion made everything satisfactory.
Pros
Weekend job with flexible hours.
Cons
Short time budget.
Vendor Customer Services
Vendor Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2016
Go into SAP and review the report for Vendor Customer Compliance from the day before. Data Entry Customer orders, credit/debit customer orders for shortages or extra products, filing, answering customer questions and sales rep questions via phone or email.
Send a report at the end of the day to the Vend Team with all orders input for that day. Also, go into SAP and make sure that all orders are complete for shipping.
Pros
Nice place to work, free coffee, free product to sample
Cons
Only temporary work
Great workplace, Management irresponsible
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 November 2015
Basic job with not much thought process, gathered chips to be delivered to variety stores as well as super markets. Management was all over the place and didn't know what was going on half the time.
Safe Factory Environment with respectable people
Summer Student Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 November 2015
Great, respectful people are generally hired by Frito Lay, making it a safe and friendly place to work.
Active student packers are often offered opportunities to become trained in other tasks around the plant.
The guidelines for self and product safety are well implemented throughout the factory floor.
Though sometimes poorly managed due to the large amount of decision makers in the plant at any one time, Frito Lay is usually well organized through advanced planning and scheduling.
Pros
Sign-out sheets for slow days
Cons
Too many summer hires
Employees
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB29 September 2015
I always had fun working with fellow employees while keeping a safe and maintained work station. I found it was always an easy and fun job
Solid company
Warehouse Resources (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge AB6 August 2015
FLC is a solid company. Good staff, excellent processes. Very engaged hourly employees. We ran the 125,000sqf warehouse 224/7 with four teams. Improved labour productivity 20%
Fast paced enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
Typical day is 10 hours
Hardest part of the job is the work life balance because of the early mornings and long days.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the face to face customer interaction.
Pros
Fair pay
fun
seasoner/ packer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 May 2015
put seasoning on chips, did quality checks, clean machines changed over flavours of machines ,packed finished product into boxes
Pros
cheap price on chips
Cons
alot of overtime
Peers dedicated, helpful and hard working
HR ASSISTANT ADMINISTOR DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, Alberta28 April 2015
The staff I worked with was great however the management was in constant flux. The vision and goals of those individuals therefore were different which made it seem hard/impossible to hit that ever moving target. The job itself was interesting and challenging which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lots to learn as we had to adapt to changes and expectations.
Cons
Constant Multiple Changes in Management and Programs
Pay isn't bad
ACE Technician/Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB15 April 2015
The job itself is draining but the pay was alright. Depending on what you do in the plant then your job could be very simple to extremely physical.
Great place to work for. In sales the flucuation of pay and route engenieering is stressfull at time.
Retail Sales Representative, Route Training Expert (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 February 2015
You can expect to work a 8-10 hour day. Not a stressfull job but very demanding on key weekends. Co workers are great and management work hard at getting the most success out of their employees. Hardest part of the job is working weekends.
Pros
Your own work shedule
Cons
Long hours at time. Compensation for overtime.
productive workplace good experience
Followed supervisor orders efficiently (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 February 2015
pack chips and i cleaned machines, co-works were good to work with, i learned sanitation , working with different machines
Good job but work/life balance suffered
Route Sales Representative/New Grad DSL Delegate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 January 2015
Working for an international company like Frito Lay/PepsiCo had its benefits but days were often 12-14 hours long. My "weekend" was Wednesday & Thursday most weeks.
productive and positive team environment
Packaging technician & Trim Inspection (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 September 2014
Frito-Lay had an effective and resourceful student summer workplace experience. Frito-Lay provides further security and stability for fulltime employees. Frito-Lay provided a positive team environment where employees would work together and help others with tasks and to be productive. I gained many new skills including leadership skills in my experience at Frito-Lay/Pepsico, Canada.
Ok work place
Part-time Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bishop Falls NL11 August 2014
Driving to different business's delivering product (chips). Filling racks trying to make a certain quota each week with sales.
Pros
Decent pay at times and meet new people.
Cons
Sometimes to had angry customers to deal with, could have long days.
Working for Frito Lays was a great working experience.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 July 2014
A typical day with Frito Lays working as a merchandiser is the same at every store I visit. I merchandise and rotate the product and at times I help assemble and fill displays. I got along well with my boss who was fair and helpful with explaining my duties. Even though I worked by myself I did at times worked with co-workers. They are a great bunch to work with. Very helpful and patient with me. They only had to explain my duties once and then I finished the job from there. The only hard part of the job was there was a lot of twisting and turning while working which was hard on my back and shoulders. Lots of bending and kneeling also. I liked the job because I enjoyed the one on one with customers and employees of the stores I merchandised.
Pros
Working by myself and the satisfaction of finishing the job.
Cons
At times there wasn't enough hours in a work week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frito-Lay. Our community is ready to answer.