Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales and Display of product with great pay....
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: financially.... work at your own pace
Cons: long days
PepsiCo Canada is a great place to work for the money..... It is a commission based job but it is VERY LUCRITIVE...... There are many hours in a day and it is very fast paced.....
Great Company
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Kentville, NSMay 12, 2012
Pros: great salary
Cons: heavy lifting
- Delivery products and merchandise them
- Learn a lot a lot, time management skill, skill to prioritize different call
- Helpful management
- nice co-workers
- Hard: a lot of heavy lifting
- Enjoy: Learning a lot a lot
Typical plant atmospere. A group of people trying to achieve a common goal, making quality potato chips
Maintenance mechanic/ Electrician (Current Employee), Taber AlbertaApril 18, 2012
Pros: learning new things each day
Cons: midnight shift (sometimes)
Come in each day find out what is happening from previous shift, react to whatever is happening at that moment and do small projects like running pm's while waiting for a call. I have learn alot of tasks outside of my trade like welding, fabricating and other duties that would parallel the millwright trade. I have been exposed to lots of automation – more... in the plant which is challenging at times but exciting to learn. Most enjoyable part about my job is overcoming a challenge when faced with one. Dealing with co-workers is what you make of it, having patience with people is something that is a part of being plant maintenance. – less
long hours for ok pay, people who aren't your boss try to control you.
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 29, 2012
Pros: ok pay, good benefits, free chips
Cons: long hours, high stress, poor management
The company only cares about money, they pretend that employees are important but have shown time and time again that money is all that matters, poor managers who only care about sales and not about your concerns.
Our Customers are very inportant to each of us individually....
Route Sales Representive (Current Employee), Barrie, ON.February 28, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: weather
This company strives on the great work from their sales field, the people make this company a fun place to learn..
Time demanding position with leadership responsibilities
SENIOR MARKETING SERVICES BUSINESS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity for cross training and learning what other departments contribute
Cons: total task force meeting time took up one complete day of a work week.
I worked with all of the corn based products for Frito-Lay. That included such products as Tostitos, Doritos, Cheetos, etc. I wrote business proposals based on weekly task force meetings, generally led by the Marketing Manager but I filled in as lead when they were not available. My task was to garner information from all the various teams within Frito-Lay – more... and put this data into a business proposal. Once all development, sales, engineering, product supply, etc. data was gathered and entered into a proposal, it was my job to make sure that each department in the proposal to sign off in a timely manner or to understand and assist with any issues. This information in the proposal affected production times at manufacturing plants. – less
Great benefits and great pay, but no life
Route Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho cucamongaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: long hours, little personal time
This job was a great experience for me, the job was interesting and the pay was great. The only issue that I had was that my day would start at 1 am and I wouldn't clock out til 5 or 6 at night. If you are looking for a job with great pay and great benefits and don't mind long hours this is a great job.
Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Peoria, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pick orders until the trucks are filled. Management has little help on the floor.
Good company
assembly/processing (Former Employee), Frankfort, INNovember 15, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: unsafe conditions
I liked the company! A lot of safty issues on the job seemed to be a large turnover
Time is Money
Sale Representative (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNNovember 12, 2014
Pros: lots of exercise
Cons: no life
You make money, but it takes up your time. Holidays, Weekends, Early mornings. Great people, great company, great work for Single people and/or Morning people.
this position was my life, i worked there 26 years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Industry, CANovember 12, 2014
I loved Frito Lay, it is a great company to work for, I got most of my experience there. Managers were great to work for, my co workers were the best. the most enjoyable part of the job is that I was always busy, never a dull moment
Frito Lay
Processing Operator (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 12, 2014
Great place to work, room for advancement great benefits and good work ethic environment
Very good company to work for
warehouser1 (Former Employee), everett WANovember 10, 2014
With this company I learned a lot of skills and people I worked with were amazing. Hope to find another company like that to work for.
Very time management learning job
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Manteca, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: hours are easy to receive
Cons: no raises
As a merchandiser at Frito Lay, one must be able to manage time very well, At some locations in which can become very stressful if one can not manage time well.

A typical day at work includes driving personal vehicle to the stores that are on the schedule. Once entering the store, the merchandiser must begin by walking the store making a list of what – more... the shelves need. Then once the list is made, the merchandiser goes into the backroom to pick the items and place them onto a cart which may hold up to 750 pounds. Finally pushing the cart to the floor to fill the shelves. Once shelves are full, off to the next store and repeat the process.

I have learned over the last six years how to communicate with management of different stores and of Frito Lay. Along with having good communication with coworkers.

The most difficult part of the job is having the ability to let managers of stores know that they do not have enough product in the store to fill the shelf. As some managers do not understand that merchandisers do not carry product in their car.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making friends with management at various store locations. – less
Fast paced and always changing work environment.
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lorton, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: working with an industry leader. job security and good benefits.
Cons: high turnover rate for sales reps. poor work life balance.
A typical work week is 60 hours. You perform managerial duties which include: providing Sales Reps with marketing strategies, reviewing previous week district and individual route performance, conducting one with ones with Sales Reps, building displays, performing store resets and performing Sales representatives jobs (delivering Frito-Lay) product – more... to stores when shorthanded. – less
Good company
Route Sale Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 10, 2014
Early start time and long hours. Plan to work holidays and harder on holidays at that.
Construction
Route Sales Associate (Current Employee), Atlantic Beach, FLNovember 9, 2014
Construction industry. Very grunt like work and long days.
okay place to work
Route sales Representative (Current Employee), Daytona Beach FlNovember 6, 2014
Long hours start at 3 am not done till later afternoon. Redundant work. Zero family time. Not team oriented.
this was a great company to work for the realyy helped me alot with everything i needed help with and was very friendly
Material Handler (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 5, 2014
just an all out great company operated a forklift while loading and unloading trucks
Sales driven
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: independence, money, setting your own schedule
Cons: long hours, poor family time, some management
Work days are 8-14 hours five days a week. It depends on the individual. The work itself is not hard but dealing with several customers and driving in traffic can be challenging. The weather conditions can add to exhaustion depending on the season.

I learned how to deal with different store owners/managers of all races, age, religion, etc...I learned – more... that hard work and consistency pays off. You will be selling chip products, cookies, crackers, and other snack foods.
The management is not what it used to be. They have several supervisors/managers who do not understand the functions of a route salesperson day to day activities.

Since most of the time you will be working alone, you have little interaction with coworkers except in meetings and phone communication.

The hardest parts of the job are the long hours, the continuous start/stop of driving from location to location. The extra unnecessary meetings weekly and lack of good management.

I enjoyed the independence of not having anyone look over my shoulder. I enjoyed meeting different people from different backgrounds. I enjoyed selling and distribution and feeling like I EARNED my paycheck every week. The money was good until they changed the pay scale. I enjoyed the benefits and paid vacations. I enjoyed most of my coworkers as well. – less

About Frito-Lay

Frito-Lay is the undisputed chip champ of North America. The company makes some of the best-known and top-selling savory snacks – Read more