Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Great place to work for. In sales the flucuation of pay and route engenieering is stressfull at time.
Retail Sales Representative, Route Training Expert (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 10, 2015
You can expect to work a 8-10 hour day. Not a stressfull job but very demanding on key weekends. Co workers are great and management work hard at getting the most success out of their employees. Hardest part of the job is working weekends.
Pros
your own work shedule
Cons
long hours at time. compensation for overtime.
productive workplace good experience
Followed supervisor orders efficiently (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2015
pack chips and i cleaned machines, co-works were good to work with, i learned sanitation , working with different machines
Good job but work/life balance suffered
Route Sales Representative/New Grad DSL Delegate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJanuary 29, 2015
Working for an international company like Frito Lay/PepsiCo had its benefits but days were often 12-14 hours long. My "weekend" was Wednesday & Thursday most weeks.
productive and positive team environment
Packaging technician & Trim Inspection (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Frito-Lay had an effective and resourceful student summer workplace experience. Frito-Lay provides further security and stability for fulltime employees. Frito-Lay provided a positive team environment where employees would work together and help others with tasks and to be productive. I gained many new skills including leadership skills in my experience at Frito-Lay/Pepsico, Canada.
Ok work place
Part-time Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bishop Falls NLAugust 11, 2014
Driving to different business's delivering product (chips). Filling racks trying to make a certain quota each week with sales.
Pros
decent pay at times and meet new people.
Cons
sometimes to had angry customers to deal with, could have long days.
Working for Frito Lays was a great working experience.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 8, 2014
A typical day with Frito Lays working as a merchandiser is the same at every store I visit. I merchandise and rotate the product and at times I help assemble and fill displays. I got along well with my boss who was fair and helpful with explaining my duties. Even though I worked by myself I did at times worked with co-workers. They are a great bunch to work with. Very helpful and patient with me. They only had to explain my duties once and then I finished the job from there. The only hard part of the job was there was a lot of twisting and turning while working which was hard on my back and shoulders. Lots of bending and kneeling also. I liked the job because I enjoyed the one on one with customers and employees of the stores I merchandised.
Pros
working by myself and the satisfaction of finishing the job.
Cons
at times there wasn't enough hours in a work week.
Fun company to work for
District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2014
Great TEAM and fun products. Selling salty snacks was enjoyable.

Recommend anyone starting out in retail food to join and learn. excellent training program designed for this industry.
Ok
Route Sales Rep (RSR) (Former Employee) –  peterboroughJune 24, 2014
Jobs Ok. Pay not so great, commission so very unpredictable. Travel at own cost (cost of gasoline).
product , fun place to work
Credit/Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  cambridge ontarioMarch 5, 2014
wonderful environment to work in, excellent management and staff.
Pros
environment
Nothing Very News Worthy
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
It was a very good place to work at the beginning, management/co-workers everyone were really friendly, It was a joy to go to work,, Then it all changed with every new warehouse superviser came a new set of standards and rules , that became over bareing
Pros
very good benifits, exalant wage, very good clothing allowence
Cons
too many bosses, atmosphere changed dramatically, hated going to work
Large Account Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Good job, good hours, great co-workers, meet new people everyday
Pros
flexibility
Adminstritive Assitstant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSJanuary 2, 2014
This role included all reception, office management and administration duties. It was a highly multi tasking environment and I loved working with this team. Had meet the effective timelines most of the time. It was great job and contributed lot of administrative and reception experiences in an North American Work Setting to me.
Great work place, Awesome Co-workers and a fun place to work
Sanitation engenier (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NSNovember 27, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming into work, everyone knowing my name all working together to get it all done i have co-workers who trust in my judgement and faith to be a good leader, and we all look out for each other to make sure every one goes home safe just like the way they came in
Pros
12 hour shifts gose by like nothing and free chips
Cons
i have nothing bad to say about frito-lay
Just walk away!!!!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 26, 2013
Management chooses not to do their job properly and when it gets noticed by senior managers they just pass the buck to the lower employees on the totem pole.

Employees look out only for themselves. No team mentality. just looking out for their own paycheques.

Almost everyone cuts corners in some way. Those who take pride in their work end up having to clean up the messes and mistakes of other people who have worked there long enough to know better.
Pros
great pay. good benefits.
Cons
long hours. minimal employee turnover means minimal advancement.
fast paced
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2013
reasonable chance for full-time
highly competitive...lucrative full-time position
lots of students
clean work environment
good place to work for.
route sales representative (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 1, 2013
very good place to work for if you are young and looking for experience and advancement
Pros
possibility for advancement
Fast paced workplace with high accountability and opportunities to move up
Project Engineering/Reliability Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 19, 2013
Fast paced workplace with high accountability and opportunities to move up
opportunity to work independantly
Driversales (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 3, 2013
Days could be challenging dealling with weather, heat and cold but the rewards were signifigant. Felt like working for yourself in many ways with the support and direction of a large highly organized company.The sales team and support people were the best anywhere.The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish unreasonable goals set out by people who never worked in the field. The most satisfying part of the job was helping small businesses grow and be successful selling a full range of our products.
Pros
Working on my own dealing with people
Cons
difficulty working in severe weather conditions
Fun but early mornings and long days
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2013
Great place to work!
Fun but days were long and there was a lot of things to get accomplished in a day.
Productive and fun place to work for
Assembly Line-Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 24, 2013
The hardest part of the job: Keeping up with the machines.

The most enjoyable part of the job: The people. Good environment.
Pros
free lunches