Frito-Lay Employee Reviews in Canada

Good job but work/life balance suffered
Route Sales Representative/New Grad DSL Delegate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJanuary 29, 2015
Working for an international company like Frito Lay/PepsiCo had its benefits but days were often 12-14 hours long. My "weekend" was Wednesday & Thursday most weeks.
good place to work for.
route sales representative (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 1, 2013
very good place to work for if you are young and looking for experience and advancement
Pros
possibility for advancement
Adminstritive Assitstant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSJanuary 2, 2014
This role included all reception, office management and administration duties. It was a highly multi tasking environment and I loved working with this team. Had meet the effective timelines most of the time. It was great job and contributed lot of administrative and reception experiences in an North American Work Setting to me.
Working for Frito Lays was a great working experience.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 8, 2014
A typical day with Frito Lays working as a merchandiser is the same at every store I visit. I merchandise and rotate the product and at times I help assemble and fill displays. I got along well with my boss who was fair and helpful with explaining my duties. Even though I worked by myself I did at times worked with co-workers. They are a great bunch to work with. Very helpful and patient with me. They only had to explain my duties once and then I finished the job from there. The only hard part of the job was there was a lot of twisting and turning while working which was hard on my back and shoulders. Lots of bending and kneeling also. I liked the job because I enjoyed the one on one with customers and employees of the stores I merchandised.
Pros
working by myself and the satisfaction of finishing the job.
Cons
at times there wasn't enough hours in a work week.
Typical plant atmospere. A group of people trying to achieve a common goal, making quality potato chips
Maintenance mechanic/ Electrician (Current Employee) –  Taber AlbertaApril 18, 2012
Come in each day find out what is happening from previous shift, react to whatever is happening at that moment and do small projects like running pm's while waiting for a call. I have learn alot of tasks outside of my trade like welding, fabricating and other duties that would parallel the millwright trade. I have been exposed to lots of automation in the plant which is challenging at times but exciting to learn. Most enjoyable part about my job is overcoming a challenge when faced with one. Dealing with co-workers is what you make of it, having patience with people is something that is a part of being plant maintenance.
Pros
learning new things each day
Cons
midnight shift (sometimes)
fun
seasoner/ packer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 11, 2015
put seasoning on chips, did quality checks, clean machines changed over flavours of machines ,packed finished product into boxes
Pros
cheap price on chips
Cons
alot of overtime
Great people, great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  trenton, ontarioFebruary 3, 2013
The best job I've ever had, gives you the freedom to set your own schedule so long as you're willing to work long hours.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay, set your own schedule
Cons
long hours, early mornings
Pay isn't bad
ACE Technician/Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABApril 15, 2015
The job itself is draining but the pay was alright. Depending on what you do in the plant then your job could be very simple to extremely physical.
fast paced
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2013
reasonable chance for full-time
highly competitive...lucrative full-time position
lots of students
clean work environment
Our Customers are very inportant to each of us individually....
Route Sales Representive (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON.February 28, 2012
This company strives on the great work from their sales field, the people make this company a fun place to learn..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
weather
Productive and fun place to work for
Assembly Line-Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 24, 2013
The hardest part of the job: Keeping up with the machines.

The most enjoyable part of the job: The people. Good environment.
Pros
free lunches
opportunity to work independantly
Driversales (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 3, 2013
Days could be challenging dealling with weather, heat and cold but the rewards were signifigant. Felt like working for yourself in many ways with the support and direction of a large highly organized company.The sales team and support people were the best anywhere.The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish unreasonable goals set out by people who never worked in the field. The most satisfying part of the job was helping small businesses grow and be successful selling a full range of our products.
Pros
Working on my own dealing with people
Cons
difficulty working in severe weather conditions
product , fun place to work
Credit/Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  cambridge ontarioMarch 5, 2014
wonderful environment to work in, excellent management and staff.
Pros
environment
productive and positive team environment
Packaging technician & Trim Inspection (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Frito-Lay had an effective and resourceful student summer workplace experience. Frito-Lay provides further security and stability for fulltime employees. Frito-Lay provided a positive team environment where employees would work together and help others with tasks and to be productive. I gained many new skills including leadership skills in my experience at Frito-Lay/Pepsico, Canada.
Great work place, Awesome Co-workers and a fun place to work
Sanitation engenier (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NSNovember 27, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming into work, everyone knowing my name all working together to get it all done i have co-workers who trust in my judgement and faith to be a good leader, and we all look out for each other to make sure every one goes home safe just like the way they came in
Pros
12 hour shifts gose by like nothing and free chips
Cons
i have nothing bad to say about frito-lay
productive workplace good experience
Followed supervisor orders efficiently (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2015
pack chips and i cleaned machines, co-works were good to work with, i learned sanitation , working with different machines
A flexible environment with independance
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 5, 2013
Typically start the day around 5 am. Drive the delivery truck from store to store filling shelves with product off truck and selling in displays if possible. Lots of freedom to work at your own pace. The faster you work, the faster your home.
Pros
can keep overdue product
Cons
starting early
Ok work place
Part-time Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bishop Falls NLAugust 11, 2014
Driving to different business's delivering product (chips). Filling racks trying to make a certain quota each week with sales.
Pros
decent pay at times and meet new people.
Cons
sometimes to had angry customers to deal with, could have long days.
Productive and fun workplace with early startup and ends early too
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OnNovember 27, 2012
I learned Oracle programme with minimal instructions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was starts early in the morning and my co-workers was so supportive.
Sales and Display of product with great pay....
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCJuly 17, 2012
PepsiCo Canada is a great place to work for the money..... It is a commission based job but it is VERY LUCRITIVE...... There are many hours in a day and it is very fast paced.....
Pros
financially.... work at your own pace
Cons
long days