Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Great Company
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS12 May 2012
- Delivery products and merchandise them
- Learn a lot a lot, time management skill, skill to prioritize different call
- Helpful management
- nice co-workers
- Hard: a lot of heavy lifting
- Enjoy: Learning a lot a lot
Pros
great salary
Cons
heavy lifting
Good Job
Warehouse Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 June 2016
This was a very good place to work fast movement up pace shipping facility. the crew i worked with was wonderful i would recommend it to friends. b
Good job but work/life balance suffered
Route Sales Representative/New Grad DSL Delegate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 January 2015
Working for an international company like Frito Lay/PepsiCo had its benefits but days were often 12-14 hours long. My "weekend" was Wednesday & Thursday most weeks.
Our Customers are very inportant to each of us individually....
Route Sales Representive (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON.28 February 2012
This company strives on the great work from their sales field, the people make this company a fun place to learn..
Pros
great benefits
Cons
weather
Vendor Customer Services
Vendor Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2016
Go into SAP and review the report for Vendor Customer Compliance from the day before. Data Entry Customer orders, credit/debit customer orders for shortages or extra products, filing, answering customer questions and sales rep questions via phone or email.
Send a report at the end of the day to the Vend Team with all orders input for that day. Also, go into SAP and make sure that all orders are complete for shipping.
Pros
Nice place to work, free coffee, free product to sample
Cons
Only temporary work
Long hours, tough work
Part Time Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
They pay well, but the work is boring and the time constraints can be pretty ridiculous. Overall, I would avoid working as a part time account merchandiser.
Safe Factory Environment with respectable people
Summer Student Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 November 2015
Great, respectful people are generally hired by Frito Lay, making it a safe and friendly place to work.
Active student packers are often offered opportunities to become trained in other tasks around the plant.
The guidelines for self and product safety are well implemented throughout the factory floor.
Though sometimes poorly managed due to the large amount of decision makers in the plant at any one time, Frito Lay is usually well organized through advanced planning and scheduling.
Pros
Sign-out sheets for slow days
Cons
Too many summer hires
Great workplace, Management irresponsible
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 November 2015
Basic job with not much thought process, gathered chips to be delivered to variety stores as well as super markets. Management was all over the place and didn't know what was going on half the time.
Updated on all activites and status of the company through weekly unit meeting!
General Laborer / Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 October 2012
The position I had is manageable and addition learning for me in the production area, on how to process and maintain the quality of the product. The management is very supportive in terms of conducting training for the postion that you want to be aside on the current postion you had. The trainor is also your co-worker internaly so its not hard to understand the process of work. There is no easy Job for me, all jobs are hard but you have to work with passion and enjoy. I enjoy my job because you can approach every employees in different shift beacause sometimes you will start early or stay back as overtime
Pros
free training
Peers dedicated, helpful and hard working
HR ASSISTANT ADMINISTOR DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, Alberta28 April 2015
The staff I worked with was great however the management was in constant flux. The vision and goals of those individuals therefore were different which made it seem hard/impossible to hit that ever moving target. The job itself was interesting and challenging which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lots to learn as we had to adapt to changes and expectations.
Cons
Constant Multiple Changes in Management and Programs
Great people, great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  trenton, ontario3 February 2013
The best job I've ever had, gives you the freedom to set your own schedule so long as you're willing to work long hours.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay, set your own schedule
Cons
long hours, early mornings
Fast paced enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2015
Typical day is 10 hours
Hardest part of the job is the work life balance because of the early mornings and long days.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the face to face customer interaction.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Working for Frito Lays was a great working experience.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 July 2014
A typical day with Frito Lays working as a merchandiser is the same at every store I visit. I merchandise and rotate the product and at times I help assemble and fill displays. I got along well with my boss who was fair and helpful with explaining my duties. Even though I worked by myself I did at times worked with co-workers. They are a great bunch to work with. Very helpful and patient with me. They only had to explain my duties once and then I finished the job from there. The only hard part of the job was there was a lot of twisting and turning while working which was hard on my back and shoulders. Lots of bending and kneeling also. I liked the job because I enjoyed the one on one with customers and employees of the stores I merchandised.
Pros
Working by myself and the satisfaction of finishing the job.
Cons
At times there wasn't enough hours in a work week.
good place to work for.
route sales representative (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2013
very good place to work for if you are young and looking for experience and advancement
Pros
possibility for advancement
Cons
Typical plant atmospere. A group of people trying to achieve a common goal, making quality potato chips
Maintenance mechanic/ Electrician (Current Employee) –  Taber Alberta18 April 2012
Come in each day find out what is happening from previous shift, react to whatever is happening at that moment and do small projects like running pm's while waiting for a call. I have learn alot of tasks outside of my trade like welding, fabricating and other duties that would parallel the millwright trade. I have been exposed to lots of automation in the plant which is challenging at times but exciting to learn. Most enjoyable part about my job is overcoming a challenge when faced with one. Dealing with co-workers is what you make of it, having patience with people is something that is a part of being plant maintenance.
Pros
learning new things each day
Cons
midnight shift (sometimes)
opportunity to work independantly
Driversales (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 October 2013
Days could be challenging dealling with weather, heat and cold but the rewards were signifigant. Felt like working for yourself in many ways with the support and direction of a large highly organized company.The sales team and support people were the best anywhere.The hardest part of the job was trying to accomplish unreasonable goals set out by people who never worked in the field. The most satisfying part of the job was helping small businesses grow and be successful selling a full range of our products.
Pros
Working on my own dealing with people
Cons
difficulty working in severe weather conditions
Productive and fun place to work for
Assembly Line-Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 May 2013
The hardest part of the job: Keeping up with the machines.

The most enjoyable part of the job: The people. Good environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Adminstritive Assitstant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS2 January 2014
This role included all reception, office management and administration duties. It was a highly multi tasking environment and I loved working with this team. Had meet the effective timelines most of the time. It was great job and contributed lot of administrative and reception experiences in an North American Work Setting to me.
productive and positive team environment
Packaging technician & Trim Inspection (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 September 2014
Frito-Lay had an effective and resourceful student summer workplace experience. Frito-Lay provides further security and stability for fulltime employees. Frito-Lay provided a positive team environment where employees would work together and help others with tasks and to be productive. I gained many new skills including leadership skills in my experience at Frito-Lay/Pepsico, Canada.
Employees
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB29 September 2015
I always had fun working with fellow employees while keeping a safe and maintained work station. I found it was always an easy and fun job