Frito-Lay

1.3K reviews

Frito-Lay Employee Reviews

Vendor Customer Services
Vendor Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Go into SAP and review the report for Vendor Customer Compliance from the day before. Data Entry Customer orders, credit/debit customer orders for shortages or extra products, filing, answering customer questions and sales rep questions via phone or email.
Send a report at the end of the day to the Vend Team with all orders input for that day. Also, go into SAP and make sure that all orders are complete for shipping.
Pros
Nice place to work, free coffee, free product to sample
Cons
Only temporary work
Great workplace, Management irresponsible
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONNovember 23, 2015
Basic job with not much thought process, gathered chips to be delivered to variety stores as well as super markets. Management was all over the place and didn't know what was going on half the time.
Safe Factory Environment with respectable people
Summer Student Packer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 1, 2015
Great, respectful people are generally hired by Frito Lay, making it a safe and friendly place to work.
Active student packers are often offered opportunities to become trained in other tasks around the plant.
The guidelines for self and product safety are well implemented throughout the factory floor.
Though sometimes poorly managed due to the large amount of decision makers in the plant at any one time, Frito Lay is usually well organized through advanced planning and scheduling.
Pros
Sign-out sheets for slow days
Cons
Too many summer hires
Employees
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABSeptember 29, 2015
I always had fun working with fellow employees while keeping a safe and maintained work station. I found it was always an easy and fun job
Solid company
Warehouse Resources (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge ABAugust 6, 2015
FLC is a solid company. Good staff, excellent processes. Very engaged hourly employees. We ran the 125,000sqf warehouse 224/7 with four teams. Improved labour productivity 20%
Fast paced enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
Typical day is 10 hours
Hardest part of the job is the work life balance because of the early mornings and long days.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the face to face customer interaction.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Peers dedicated, helpful and hard working
HR ASSISTANT ADMINISTOR DUTIES (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AlbertaApril 28, 2015
The staff I worked with was great however the management was in constant flux. The vision and goals of those individuals therefore were different which made it seem hard/impossible to hit that ever moving target. The job itself was interesting and challenging which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lots to learn as we had to adapt to changes and expectations.
Cons
Constant Multiple Changes in Management and Programs
Pay isn't bad
ACE Technician/Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABApril 15, 2015
The job itself is draining but the pay was alright. Depending on what you do in the plant then your job could be very simple to extremely physical.
Great place to work for. In sales the flucuation of pay and route engenieering is stressfull at time.
Retail Sales Representative, Route Training Expert (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 10, 2015
You can expect to work a 8-10 hour day. Not a stressfull job but very demanding on key weekends. Co workers are great and management work hard at getting the most success out of their employees. Hardest part of the job is working weekends.
Pros
your own work shedule
Cons
long hours at time. compensation for overtime.
productive workplace good experience
Followed supervisor orders efficiently (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2015
pack chips and i cleaned machines, co-works were good to work with, i learned sanitation , working with different machines
Good job but work/life balance suffered
Route Sales Representative/New Grad DSL Delegate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJanuary 29, 2015
Working for an international company like Frito Lay/PepsiCo had its benefits but days were often 12-14 hours long. My "weekend" was Wednesday & Thursday most weeks.
productive and positive team environment
Packaging technician & Trim Inspection (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Frito-Lay had an effective and resourceful student summer workplace experience. Frito-Lay provides further security and stability for fulltime employees. Frito-Lay provided a positive team environment where employees would work together and help others with tasks and to be productive. I gained many new skills including leadership skills in my experience at Frito-Lay/Pepsico, Canada.
Ok work place
Part-time Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bishop Falls NLAugust 11, 2014
Driving to different business's delivering product (chips). Filling racks trying to make a certain quota each week with sales.
Pros
decent pay at times and meet new people.
Cons
sometimes to had angry customers to deal with, could have long days.
Working for Frito Lays was a great working experience.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 8, 2014
A typical day with Frito Lays working as a merchandiser is the same at every store I visit. I merchandise and rotate the product and at times I help assemble and fill displays. I got along well with my boss who was fair and helpful with explaining my duties. Even though I worked by myself I did at times worked with co-workers. They are a great bunch to work with. Very helpful and patient with me. They only had to explain my duties once and then I finished the job from there. The only hard part of the job was there was a lot of twisting and turning while working which was hard on my back and shoulders. Lots of bending and kneeling also. I liked the job because I enjoyed the one on one with customers and employees of the stores I merchandised.
Pros
working by myself and the satisfaction of finishing the job.
Cons
at times there wasn't enough hours in a work week.
Fun company to work for
District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2014
Great TEAM and fun products. Selling salty snacks was enjoyable.

Recommend anyone starting out in retail food to join and learn. excellent training program designed for this industry.
Ok
Route Sales Rep (RSR) (Former Employee) –  peterboroughJune 24, 2014
Jobs Ok. Pay not so great, commission so very unpredictable. Travel at own cost (cost of gasoline).
product , fun place to work
Credit/Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  cambridge ontarioMarch 5, 2014
wonderful environment to work in, excellent management and staff.
Pros
environment
Nothing Very News Worthy
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
It was a very good place to work at the beginning, management/co-workers everyone were really friendly, It was a joy to go to work,, Then it all changed with every new warehouse superviser came a new set of standards and rules , that became over bareing
Pros
very good benifits, exalant wage, very good clothing allowence
Cons
too many bosses, atmosphere changed dramatically, hated going to work
Large Account Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Good job, good hours, great co-workers, meet new people everyday
Pros
flexibility
Adminstritive Assitstant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSJanuary 2, 2014
This role included all reception, office management and administration duties. It was a highly multi tasking environment and I loved working with this team. Had meet the effective timelines most of the time. It was great job and contributed lot of administrative and reception experiences in an North American Work Setting to me.