An Employment Equity Employer, Friesens is seeking to fill Production Support positions in the Book, Yearbook/Web and Packaging Divisions. They perform a variety of tasks relating to Bindery Department production and are responsible to carry out the instructions of the Specialty Team Leader and the Shift Manager. The successful candidates will work full-time hours on varying shift rotations.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent;
- Able to understand and follow instructions (verbal and written in English);
- Basic computer skills;
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures;
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills;
- Ability to read written work instructions;
- Critical eye for identifying defects;
- Commitment to quality and safety;
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
- Ability to complete daily activities according to work schedule;
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labour;
- Able to work between 32-40 hours per week;
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts;
- Must be willing to work in all divisions at Friesens.
- Work and communicate effectively with the Manager, Shift Manager/Supervisor, Bindery Specialty Coordinator (where applicable) and department staff.
- Practice Friesens safety procedures for equipment and plant situations;
- Carry out the responsibilities as assigned by the Bindery Specialty Coordinator or Shift Manager;
- Assist in various handwork projects;
- Spot checking books for quality;
- Stacking book blocks;
- Hand taping/gluing of ribbons into books;
- Specialty binding;
- Tipping pages;
- Hand dust-jacketing;
- Performing other specialty binding functions as requested (Book);
- Putting books in cartons;
- Stacking cartons on skids;
- Assist with Bindery Dpartment maintenance and housekeeping.
Applicants may now fill-out an online application form at www.friesens.com/application-form. The position will be closed as soon as we filled it with the right candidate.