An Employment Equity Employer, Friesens Corporation is inviting experienced, knowledgeable, motivated and career-minded individuals to apply for the Packaging Processor position in the Book Division Shipping Department. The Packaging Processor is responsible for the appropriate packing, including stretch wrapping and identification, of finished product leaving the production area. The successful candidate will work the 12-hour day shift rotation: Week (1) Mon-Tues, Fri-Sat, 6AM-6PM; Week (2) Wed-Thurs, 6AM-6PM.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Previous packaging experience an asset (can train);
- Forklift certification preferred;
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting;
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing (English);
- Basic mathematical skills;
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods;
- Able to operate material handling equipment including floor jacks, forklifts and a truck;
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently;
- Basic computer knowledge, including working skills in Excel and email;
- Good attention to detail in all areas of work;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- High level of personal integrity;
- Must be able to work with little supervision, must be self-directed.
- Work and communicate effectively with the Shipping Manager and packing assistants;
- Construct and organize the packaging of finished product;
- Perform packing duties with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Understand the job packing and shipping requirements from information on the docket, on Printstream, and related information;
- Communicate carton, skid and label information to packing assistants;
- Ensure correct and complete identification as required;
- Prepare skids for shipment. This includes lifting cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures;
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking. This includes maintaining Printstream inventory information as required;
- Control any damaged or wrong packaging to have such items returned and repaired;
- Follow current standards and procedures;
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations;
- Work overtime and at various cost centers within the Shipping Department as needed;
- Contribute ideas when problem solving becomes necessary;
- Be willing to assist with cross-training as required;
- Practice Friesens safety procedures for equipment and plant situations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Shipping Manager.
All interested individuals are encouraged to fill-out an online application via www.friesens.com/application-form on or before April 3rd, 2014, Thursday.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Friesens offers a full range of top quality products. We also offer plenty of literature to help the first time publisher and the publisher...