FriesenPress is a division of Friesens Corporation, an award-winning North American leader in the book industry. We have been recognized for our dedication to quality by the most demanding publishing clients. With 25 million books printed every year, including original editions of the popular Harry Potter series and the classic Oxford Dictionary, we have earned a reputation for excellence in our products, our customer service, and our management philosophy.
In business since 1907, we have received over the years more than 50 top international awards for the quality of our books and our management leadership. Recognized as one of Canada's Top 50 Best Managed Companies, our mission is to create raving fans out of our people and, by extension, our customers. We have always maintained that our company must have values that are part of a strong culture of service. Our shared culture, shared values and shared beliefs have been the foundation of our approach to customers, employees, and the community at large.
At FriesenPress, we are constantly looking for individuals who raise their personal bar and thrive to achieve outstanding results. We want to hire people who are eager to learn but also people we can learn from - people who can increase the overall effectiveness of the organization. If you feel that your personal and professional values align with ours, we invite you to join the FriesenPress family!
We are currently looking for a Publishing Consultant for our Downtown Victoria office. We offer an attractive package of benefits, including:
- Full training suite including job shadowing, ongoing job training, and cross training
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Group RRSP with matching contributions
- Excellent opportunities for career development
The Publishing Consultant role is responsible for nurturing authors through the sales cycle who have indicated an interest in self-publishing. You will be contacting leads which span the entire sales cycle from ready to publish, to just making an inquiry and not ready to publish for 1+ year. This is a consultative sales role – you are responsible for educating the author about our services, understanding their needs and suggesting the products which best meets their needs. You are proactive, well versed in dealing with objections, and you have a real interest in the publishing industry. You are a seasoned sales representative with a proven track record of proactive success.
- Make first contact calls and follow-up calls with pre-qualified prospects and authors from a daily call list
- Qualify prospects based on FriesenPress sales procedures
- Identify prospective authors' needs early on and guide them to make a purchasing decision that fulfills those needs
- Capture and maintain full details of all calls in the CRM's customer records following FriesenPress sales procedures
- Follow up and reply to inbound calls and emails about limited-time offers and other promotions sent out by FriesenPress from time to time
- Reply to unsolicited enquiries from the Internet, inbound phone requests for information, and walk-in requests for information
- Perform administrative tasks related to package sales
- Perform other job assignments as prescribed by the Sales Manager
- Highly results oriented and motivated by monthly sales targets
- Min. 2-5 years of sales experience
- Proven history in being on top in closing sales
- Min. 1+ years in phone sales experience
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required
- Excellent organizational skills, time-management skills and attention to detail a must
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships over the phone
- Computer literacy; familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software
- Prior use of CRM software would be an asset
- Prior work in a marketing organization would be an asset
- Prior book publishing knowledge would be an asset
Please note that due to high volume of applicants only those who are invited to a first interview will be contacted.
- Location: Downtown Victoria, BC
- Compensation: $30K base plus monthly sales commissions. $40K-60K+ earning potential.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Posting Date: April 8, 2013
Closing Date: April 19, 203
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!