FriesenPress is a division of Friesens Corporation, an award-winning North American leader in the book industry. We have been recognized for our dedication to quality by the most demanding publishing clients. With 25 million books printed every year, including original editions of the popular Harry Potter series and the classic Oxford Dictionary, we have earned a reputation for excellence in our products, our customer service, and our management philosophy.
In business since 1907, we have received over the years more than 50 top international awards for the quality of our books and our management leadership. Recognized as one of Canada's Top 50 Best Managed Companies, our mission is to create raving fans out of our people and, by extension, our customers. We have always maintained that our company must have values that are part of a strong culture of service. Our shared culture, shared values and shared beliefs have been the foundation of our approach to customers, employees, and the community at large.
At FriesenPress, we are constantly looking for individuals who raise their personal bar and thrive to achieve outstanding results. We want to hire people who are eager to learn but also people we can learn from - people who can increase the overall effectiveness of the organization. If you feel that your personal and professional values align with ours, we invite you to join the FriesenPress family!
We are currently looking for a Book Promotion Specialist for our Downtown Victoria office. We offer an attractive package of benefits, including:
- Excellent opportunities for career development and advancement in the field of publishing
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Group RRSP with matching contributions
Job Summary - The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching self-published authors to learn and implement book marketing strategies and develop a book promotion plan. You will provide clients with information about conducting product analysis and market research, using facebook, twitter, goodreads and other social media tools to grow a fan base, help authors to understand the elements of a successful blog, and provide guidance around optimizing online marketing.
- Work with self-published authors across North America over the phone and by email
- Conduct initial calls with clients to assess their marketing goals and needs
- Guide authors through market research and product analysis
- Discuss demographics and advise on target markets
- Coach authors to develop a Unique Selling Point and use their USP to strengthen marketing strategies
- Assist in the development of a book promotion plan
- Coach authors about online marketing tools and using social media networking tools
- Ensure a same day response time to all author requests. Comply at all times with FriesenPress service level requirements
- Ensure that production schedules and FriesenPress service standards are followed throughout the publishing process
- Proactively sell marketing services that will benefit the client's marketing and sales efforts
- Bill for and collect applicable production fees
- Assisting Sales team in answering potential author calls/emails regarding marketing processes
- Other job assignments as prescribed by the Team Lead, Book Promotion
- Minimum two years of marketing related experience
- Preference given to applicants with experience in social media, website development and online marketing
- Excellent display of critical thinking, creativity and innovation
- Excellent administrative skills
- Organizational skills, time-management skills and attention to detail a must
- Demonstrated use of high customer service standards in person, on phone and via email
- Highly self-motivated and self directed
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to defuse tense situations/deal respectfully and effectively with challenging customers
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced Computer literacy; familiarity with business marketing with blogs, facebook, twitter, goodreads, LinkedIn, and other social networking sites
- Prior use of CRM software would be an asset
- Prior book publishing knowledge would be an asset
Compensation is $14.10 per hour plus commissions.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume. I look forward to hearing from you!