FreshCo Employee Reviews

Challenging and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 November 2017
I have learned to be efficient and worked effectively in a fast paced environment. I was able to enhance my good customer service skill as I am being exposed to the customers the whole time.
Days at FreshCo
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2017
While I was working at freshco they made me do a few things i really didn't want to do. One of them was cleaning. The manager knew my allergies were acting up but he forced me to do it anyways. While I was working there i did learn couple of things that helped me in the future.
Cons
They made me do things I didn't want to do. Few managers would treat you horribly
It is a great experience working there
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2017
the co workers are friendly to talk to. learning where every products goes from different idles. the job that i have never done is cleaning the produces section.
Freshco
Produce Clerk (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 November 2017
Slow environment, lots of customer social skills are easy to obtain there. Always talking to customers and assisting them. Heavy labour in the back room that is suppose to be the managers job. Manager did not do his job.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Bad hours
Best Job I've Had
FRONT END SUPERVISOR & CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON31 October 2017
The front end manager was my favourite person there. Very friendly and easy to get along with, met some great people there. Customer service does get to you though and it is not the easiest place to work at but it was an amazing experience.
Frescho
Produce Clerk - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 October 2017
Freshco is a good company that provides goods to the public at a reasonable price. The company mainly employs students and there is a high turnover for this reason.
Productive and fun learning experience
Stocks Person/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 October 2017
As my very first experience in the workplace, I can safely say that I enjoyed every experience at this job. It was a fun and positive work environment for me and for other employees.
Good staff, terrible management
Grocery Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 October 2017
They abuse, overwork, lie and force you to do things you are not comfortable with. They humiliate you and are extremely ungrateful. The only good thing about this place is the friendships built.
Pros
None.
Cons
All.
friendly enviornment
Grocery Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
▪ Stocked product on shelves
▪ Faced up various products throughout store
▪ Created displays
▪ Moved various items from backroom to front of store
▪ Maintained neatness throughout store on shelved products
Great training, team effort everyone works like a team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON17 October 2017
Cashing customers out is great you get to meet new people everyday and see and hear all different personalities and ethnicities. It’s a great way to connect with your community, Georgetown being such a small town. The work environment is great everyone is friendly and helps out one another. One thing Is the hours, being in retail for 3 years you realize the certain times in the year where hours start to be cut.
Pros
Great people, great training
Manageable Part-Time Employment with Enjoyable Workplace Environment
Grocery Clerk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Binbrook, ON16 October 2017
A job that I never had any issues or complaints about due to the respect shown to one another by co-workers and due to the workload never being overwhelming.
it was fun working there met new people
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
learned to provide a high level of quick and pleasant customer service. learned how to work in a fast paste. hardest part working one night i had to close so i had to face all of frozen and dairy and i had to train a new kid with me i managed to do it on time and bring in all the buggies in the store.
Cons
10 hors
overall bad experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
No one covers your shifts or helps you out when needed, very unorganuzed management, was never late and covered many shifts, but coworkers were exact opposite
Pros
15 min breaks
Amazing place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Binbrook, ON11 October 2017
Training is really helpful and easy to comprehend. There is always staff available for assistance if you run into any problems. The customers are also very nice in this area! The other cashiers and floor workers are all so nice. They make you feel welcome in every way possible
The people i work with are great
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 October 2017
Outside of a few people i have met some people i consider great friends here. Most people here are very helpful. The job however is very stressful. They expect you to do a lot of work with not a lot of time to work with.
great learning experience for a first job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 September 2017
I worked at FreshCo for my first job for almost 4 years. The work itself was good- managers (for the most part) had reasonable expectations for what can be done in one shift. I learned a lot from my managers about the workforce which I know will be an asset to me for the rest of my life. The management was friendly and usually fair however I believe that not all of the managers had the proper training to handle certain situations (ie. customers harassing employees not being dealt with). The hardest part of the job is definitely customers- people will expect things from you and tend to get easily upset with a less than ideal answer. The issues that I had were mostly with the staff. They would pretty much hire anybody and that left me with human rights issues due to harassment. However, this incident was handled wonderfully by my store owner as well as Sobey's HR. Overall, FreshCo is a great place to work for anyone looking to gain tangible life experience as well as connect with amazing people.
Pros
good and flexible hours, ample breaks, time off, kind managers, friendly staff, manageable work
Cons
little room for growth if working part time
Venomous Work Environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 September 2017
Bramalea City Center FreshCo, is a store full of drama and management only out for themselves. Not a team environment at all, with no room for advancement.
Cons
Short hours, no room for advancement
Fun and great place for a first job
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
Very great and fun place to work, the job involves team effort which is always put in from everyone. It is a very organized and well put environment to work in. Freshco has helped me with customer service experience and has given me the chance to work in the cash office/ customer service supervisor at such a young age. All the workers have taught me how to better myself as a worker and as a person. It has also taught me time management. I have learned to balance work, school, homework, and a social life within the year of me working there.
Pros
Great co-workers, very felixaeble when a day off is needed, works around school hours
Cons
Very short staffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2017
Great place to work, co workers and staff was very nice, and the atmosphere was also great. The management team was well put together and amazing to work with.
not a great place to work
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 September 2017
Issues are never resolved and you are always expected to work short staffed even when busy
you're asked to do more than you can physically do
There is no chance at advancement
Pros
some of the people are great
Cons
bosses have no backbone