Fresh Fit Foods (FFF) is a new food concept at World Health in Edmonton that aims to provide fresh, healthy pre-prepared meals that cut down on time and waist size. Customers can either pick up a single meal, grab enough for 3 to 4 days, or become members and participate in weight loss challenges tailored to suit their diet goals. As a new concept, FFF is looking to hire a Executive Chef that will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of food is delivered to our customers. The Executive Chef will manage our first kitchen. They will hire and manage the staff, inventory, production, and delivery of the food for all FFF locations, starting with the first location in the World Health Glenora location. They must recruit, hire and train a strong team that will deliver consistent and excellent products that meet or exceed Fresh Fit Foods standards. They are to be a brand advocate of Fresh Fit Foods, thus being a strong role model and a positive reflection of the Fresh Fit Foods brand and values is imperative.
- Attention to Detail: the Exectuive Chef will have to keep their eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: the Executive Chef must be a leader in the back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Management Skills: the Executive Chef will not only deal with food, they also have to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
- Organizational Skills: the Executive Chef will oversee work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more. Organization is crucial to the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable and responsible for reporting on kitchen operations – including weekly reporting on production, staff costs and food costs.
- Work with our Nutrionist on the FFF menu
- Responsible for the production and delivery of foods to all FFF locations.
- Responsible for process engineering to achieve efficiency in labor and food cost
- Responsible for the inventory management system
- Responsible for product purchase and vendor selection
- Responsible for ensuring proper inventory and food is available at all times through effective inventory management
- Excellent leadership and management skills to create a positive, successful environment for staff.
- Properly managing and exceeding all FFF operational budgets
- Responsible for overseeing the production process and systems to increase production and food cost efficiency.
- Manage, monitor, coach-develop and evaluate the performance of all FFF-related kitchen staff
- Monitor the hiring, training and scheduling of all FFF kitchen staff
- Responsible for recruiting and onboarding ALL new FFF kitchen employees
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage client and staff concerns
- Train and mentor subordinates for ongoing success and future growth
- Ensure FFF branding through consistency and continuity in all actions
- Properly empower, monitor and evaluate specifically assigned responsibilities of kitchen team
- Timely response and follow through with all FFF corporate / General Manager (store) and owner requests
- Enforce FFF corporate policies, business practices, systems and processes
- Ensures that all kitchen and production systems are followed
- Ensures all staff are trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
- Provide effective decision making regarding customer service issues
- Responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean, maintained and operationally sound
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: *
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to develop and manage a weekly food costing system
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Restaurant management experience
- Food Safe certified
- 3-5 years of kitchen management experience
- Culinary Certification
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
- 1 day ago
Tom Goodchild's Moose Factory
- 21 days ago
Restaurant & Lounge Manager
Sawridge Inn & Conference Centre
- 14 days ago