As one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies , Fresh Direct Produce is looking for great people to join us! We are currently searching for:
PRODUCE BUYER - PROCUREMENT DIVISION
Working with a team, you will oversee produce commodities, review buying patterns, plan forward purchases in coordination with the sales and buying teams, negotiate pricing, terms, and other business related issues. As a Produce Buyer, you will also manage key customer accounts as provided, and will be responsible for the overall margins of your commodities.
- Preparing an annual buying budget and updating forecasts for select basket of produce items, including seeking strategic buying and sales opportunities
- Effectively processing claims on a timely basis to ensure the highest margin
- Providing strategic assistance for cross selling and/or cross purchasing produce items
- Sourcing new suppliers for key produce items and ensuring suppliers are reliable and providing quality product
- Assisting Accounting in credit control for suppliers and also seek credit approval along with credit monitoring for assigned customers
WHAT YOU BRING
- Cantonese or Mandarin speaking an advantage
- College or University graduate (preferably Business or Economics)
- Extroverted with an entrepreneurial mind
- Strong financial skills (fast with numeracy and very analytical)
- A minimum of 2 years’ solid hands-on experience, including min 1 year buying experience
- Effective negotiation and relationship building training
- Strong business writing skills
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a base salary, commission, bonus program, benefits and great development opportunities!
Please send your resume with cover letter via e-mail:
To: Human Resources
Re: Produce Buyer - Procurement Division
Thank you for your interest in Fresh Direct Produce!