Come work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies!
As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Fresh Direct Produce is looking for great people to join our Vancouver Team!
Reporting to the Procurement Manager on our Buying Team, you, as Junior Logistics Coordinator, will be part of a team working directly with logistics companies to ensure our products are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner. While working with various FDP teams, you will develop and utilize your coordination skills, analytical mind, and negotiating skills, to ensure our logistical needs are met.
- Selecting appropriate trucking carriers, and managing their performance
- Working closely with custom brokers and freight forwarders
- Checking and verifying freight invoices for costing, pricing
- Supporting and initiating internal process improvements
- Assisting in generating reports related to freight spends, and on time delivery
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Post-secondary degree, in business field, preferred
- Minimum 1 year logistics or supply chain management experience
- Strong communication skills with colleagues and all customers
- High attention to detail essential
- Solutions driven with a positive attitude
- Responsible and reliable, able to complete duties with minimum supervision
WHAT WE OFFER:
For the right team member, we offer a competitive compensation package which includes a base salary, a discretionary annual bonus, and extended group health benefits. Total remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are self-motivated, hard-working, and have a strong passion for career growth and success, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume, with cover letter:
To: Human Resources Department
Re: Junior Logistics Coordinator
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Fresh Direct Produce, only candidates that most closely match our qualifications will be contacted.
CREATING FRESH SOLUTIONS!