Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Reasonable Work Environment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free health insurance and other good benefits
Cons: lack of coordination.
Communication within the company is bad. Too many people doing their own job without telling others, that needed to know, what was going on.

Co-workers were good for the most part.
Very good company to work for.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: lots of free lunches
Good values and culture. Lots of activities involving employees. Everyone is treated as equal.
Overall good job. Easy to pick up if you don't mind long hours.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits, overtime available
Cons: long hours (12-16 hours), no chance of promotion
Work day typically begins at 5:00 to 5:30 am. Consists of performing routine checks on RO water, making sure it's in compliance with AAMI standards. Assess patients and begin treatment. Treatments last 4 hours for two shifts.
ok place to work for
Production Operator (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: favortisim
typical day at work get suits on and go start working. Hardest part of the job was adjust to the many changes going on. The people were nice, well most were.
Patient care is the most rewarding.
CCHT (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Education Department: doesn't keep existing staff up to date with new policies, they criticize and talk down to you, they single employees out and make them feel they're not doing the job.

Job is very cliquish, if you're not in the clique, they turn their backs on you, from management down.
Great job
Unit Secretary / Lab Tech (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Loved helping people knowing that my job made a difference. It was a very demanding job and a very rewarding job.
High turnover, poor patient outcomes
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: no breaks, long hours, no support or adequate training, poor morale among staff
Poor management who have no respect for their employees or the ability to lead a team. Policy and procedures were ignored and patient outcomes are suffering.

Lack of strong rapport and limited support with the nephrologists provides barriers for dialysis nurses to provide patient care.

Nurses were being required to work long shifts greater than 18 hours multiple days in a row (4-5 in total).

Higher management aware of these problems and there has been no improvement over the last 5 years, turnover is frequent and never ending.
Good place to start getting experience in biomedical field.
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee), NJJanuary 22, 2015
Performe maintenance services on medical equipments on a routine schedule Prepared biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends Installed new equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance Directed biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; answering questions, and providing information
Good training
Clinic Manager/Facility Administrator (Current Employee), Alsip, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: happy to go to work
Cons: long hours
Training is done with care. lots training to ensure proper work ethics. patient focused. doctors are great, great set of patient population.
Jobwas extemly stressful
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: well compensated
Cons: dealing with management
Work was extremely satisfying - the office dynamics left a lot to be desired. The management was out of step with employees who were preforming the work. This may have been just this offices problem or maybe a corporate problem. This issue I believe led to the closing of this office.
Best job I had so far in life
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: room to grow and learn
Cons: if you are not a peoples person
I learned so much in the medical field (dialysis). My plans are to get back in the medical field and soar.
Hardworking and fast pace office
I work as a Transport Admin Clerk (Current Employee), HuthwaiteJanuary 21, 2015
I arrange accommodation for our drivers on a daily basis, I process delivery dates for medical supplies to our patients within a time scale given. If our patients will not be in for their scheduled deliveries I then have to find a different run the patient to go on that is suitable. I also go through queries and help cover my colleagues work when they are on holiday.
Productive, fun place to work
Corporate leadership (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Fun, relaxed atmosphere. Productive collaboration between multiple teams. Tremendous opportunities for advancement and professional growth. Leadership was very approachable - listening to concerns and suggestions for improvement.
billing dialysis claims on ub-04
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), longwood, floridaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: coworkers are nice
Cons: work area is not santized, and break are too small
need a better job, to make a change or to take my medical billing collections skills in another level
Good teamwork and friendly environment
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Berwyn, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cannulating the patient's access and flexible schedule.
Cons: waking up at 2 a.m.
When arriving to work, we check the water treatment room. We check gauges, pressures and chlorine levels and mix bicarb. Once all is check and within limits, we set up machines to provide dialysis to our patients. When the patients are on the machines, we monitor their vital signs and charting on the clinic's computer system.
Life of Dialysis
Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: quality care
Cons: patients not feeling well
My day consists of interacting with patients and staff. Making sure that each patients have the best quality care. I speak with the patients, monitor their blood pressure, cannulate patients accesses used for dialysis and communicate with the nurse about the patient. I then set up machines for three consecutive shifts and ending the day with shutting down the machines and cleaning properly.
great work envierment
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), ogden utJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good breaks
Cons: night shift
12 hour nights was nice good paychecks , i learned how to be very clean, management was very good at there jobs coworkers where nice and worked hard hardest part of my job would be the night shift most enjoyable part was my work environment
Dont waste your time.
PCT (Former Employee), Birmingham ALABAMAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the education was good enough to take with you to another dialysis setting. that is about it
Cons: they do not work as a team, you are on your own straight out of school
The clinic I worked at was bad. I manager only believed the OLD TIMERS . The education was good but the clinics did not follow the class room . You had to relearn the clinic WAY . The job description say that it is full time but you only get 32 hour a week ,except those that are in good with the managers
Productive and fun and working place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: fun, team effort and high standard.
A great company and fun working place. Knowledgeable staffs and a safe place to work. Never boring moment, teammates always there for each other and especially for the patient.
great place to work and learn
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Greenwood, MsJanuary 18, 2015
preparing the water system to start the day, getting all supplies and machines ready for the patients, documenting all information needed for the nurses, keeping the facility sanitary.

hardest part of the job was when there was a storm and the electricity would go out and the whole facility had to take care of the patients with no electricity.

best part of the job was having the opportunity to learn a lot about health care.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos