Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Reasonable Work Environment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free health insurance and other good benefits
Cons: lack of coordination.
Communication within the company is bad. Too many people doing their own job without telling others, that needed to know, what was going on.

Co-workers were good for the most part.
Very good company to work for.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: lots of free lunches
Good values and culture. Lots of activities involving employees. Everyone is treated as equal.
Property Management
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: n/a
Ensure that property is operated according to company Policy & Procedure ,Make sure tenants need are met,Supervise staff And vendors
Amazing patients
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Hazleton, PADecember 17, 2014
I love my job and taking care of my patients. They are what brighten my day and make my job easier. I enjoy what I do very much and like to make people smile. The patients I deal with on a daily basis are very sick and depressed. Just being there for them and making their day is what makes me happy.
Flexible schedule
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2014
staff does not always address problems of the staff
flexible vacation time
nursing staff knowledgable
Used to be a great place to work.
Production Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: negative work environment
A typical day begins at 5am before the 5:30 production team shows up. Touch base with the previous shift concerning constraints, materials issues, ect... Prepare for the next batch of product by assembling batch production records, checking bill of materials and ordering raw materials, labels, and insert sheets. Perform line clear of previous batch – more... as it hits each section. Gather completed batch records and once the end of the batch reaches packaging, review and close out batch records. Start the whole process over again and deal with issues as they arise.
Management is under a great deal of pressure to reduce costs and the easiest way for them is to stretch personnel thin, reduce perks, and benefits.
I have worked with a great deal of my coworkers for a decade or more.
The hardest part of the job is to perform what was once two full time postions and still provide quality.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when it's time to go home. Especially when it is time to go home for the weekend. – less
They Absolutely Do Not Value Their Employees or Patients
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee), OhioDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free scrubs; wonderful pts; some really nice co-workers
Cons: unrealistic pay for hours worked; inept managers; constant program change; focus is profit, not people
I had worked for them before and I should have known better than to return. They are all about the money and getting as much labor as they can out of employees without fair compensation. HR is a joke and exists only to CYA for corporate. New employees are tossed out on the floor without even as much as an introduction to other staff. The social work – more... role is supposedly valued, but my experience was that MSWs were put to monitoring patient's attendance and then were to "work with them" to insure their adherence to diet and to the dialysis schedule. The goal was to get their bodies in that seat for profit. MSW hours are set by number of patients on a unit and the ratio of pts to MSWs was unrealistic with all the administrative and psychosocial tasks that they expected be done. I had around 55 pts and was only given 16 hours on a punch clock with no benefits at all. They are constantly "rolling out" new ways of doing things and never ask employees what they think or suggest. Nurses, techs, everyone goes without a word of thanks, except from the patients. They were the only reason I stayed as long as I did. It is a revolving door of staff and one of the most dysfunctional places I've worked. Avoid. – less
Run away from any job offer
RN (Former Employee), MichiganDecember 14, 2014
Pros: Holidays off
Education opportunities
Training opportunities

Cons: Low pay
High stress
No support
Unsafe working conditions
Management up to the corporate level is horrible
The company is very good because of the continuous pursuance of excellence.
Hemodialysis Nurse (Current Employee), Makati, P00December 13, 2014
Pros: health card provided, career advancement and training is provided
Cons: family members not included to health card benefits
What I learn from the company is the continuos pursuance of excellence and by that they are providing further training for their nurses.
Stressful fast paced work environment.
RN, BSN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2014
A typical work day starts very early and ends late. After training, staff should expect to work 14-16 hrs a day. Most co-workers were friendly once you got to know them. Patients were friendly once the got to know you at the clinic I worked in. Management wasn't very supportive unless you were a brown nose. The work itself is not hard it's just so fast – more... paced. Most units are chronically short staffed which increases the stress for everyone. Management also does many shady if not down right illegal things. Future employees beware. – less
has serious issues at the management levels
Fresenius Medical Care Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Concord, CADecember 9, 2014
high pressure low pay no support as a supervisor as a regular team member it was ok
Enjoyed working with the patients there.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCDecember 8, 2014
My day begin at 3:00 a.m. so that I can start my shift at 4:00 a.m. which typically lasted until at 3:00 pm. I learned a lot there where I got my certification as a Hemodialysis Technician. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and the most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship I established with my patients.
just enough to get by
social worker (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILDecember 8, 2014
This company makes millions, but on the backs of the workers who are very dedicated. The made 7 billion last year and ccht's make about 13 dollars an hour. They work harder than anyone else in the company.
Dialysis Unit
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Township of Galloway, NJDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: pay scale not compareable with other companies
• Daily office functions, including filing, copying, and responding to incoming calls.
• Purchase and inventory medication for the unit.
• Purchase supplies for the daily operations of the dialysis unit.
• Perform payroll and personnel administrative functions, such as personnel records.
• Run weekly and monthly reports.
• Create new patient charts – more... and audit current patient charts.
• .Patient scheduling including; treatments, vascular access appointments, blood work, transportation, travel and any other appointments as needed.
• Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and responsibilities
• Develop Patient Education
• Work hand in hand with human resources
• Weekly and monthly schedules for staff
• Keep track of patients medications/schedules/appointments – less
This company offers great entry level positions.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2014
This company's typical work day can be described as any normal call center work day.
I loved my job, but learned that job security is rare
Receptionist (Current Employee), OhioDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible, great management, wonderful coworkers, great benefits
Cons: workforce reduction
I absolutely loved my job, and all the people I worked with. I was able to implement my college education, as well as, expand my knowledge through new responsibilities and learning experiences each day. My only disappointment was losing the job I loved going to everyday due to workforce reduction.
Bad Experience
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 2, 2014
Pros: off on holidays and weekends
Cons: no growth, location and low pay
Do not work for this company, find another job doing insurance somewhere else
Great Company!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: excellant vacation time off
Cons: expensive healthcare
Typical day was very busy. My supervisor taught me more than just job skills and training. Fellow admin personnel were extremely dependable and knowledgable. There was not a difficult part of this job. Most frutiful experience was being taught the business aspect of a medical facility.
Short term contract position
Post Market Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 1, 2014
Pros: headquaters is in a beautiful location, ideal perks such as sports center with pool
Cons: n/a
Short term contract position.
Lots of work both in back logs and day to day activities.
Must be able to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure.
Typical Workplace
Aseptic Service Unit Assistant (Current Employee), RuncornNovember 25, 2014
Working on a temporary basis on behalf of a third party recruitment agency, my duties involved aspects of quality control and distribution of pharmaceutical products. Primarily my responsibilities involved liaising with pharmacists in order to undertake final checks on a customer’s order and also ensuring the products were packaged to company standards – more... and aligned with the daily transport plan. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Fresenius Medical Care

Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. – Read more

Fresenius Medical Care Photos